Anyone Else Feel Exhausted All Day Long??

Hi Lized! How are you doing? Any improvements in your condition? Did you check your weight yet? Gosh, I hope you are doing better…

Hi April!

I decided to take a whole weekend to myself (kids were at their dad) and I was just lazing around to see if I might not just simply be run down. Well, although Im still tired I do feel bit better after adding back some (good) sugars, so thanks a mill for the tip. It never wouldve occurred to me.

Im down just under 3kg after 8 days. Feeling super chuffed since my whole goal is 5 (in total).

Hello Lized! I am glad you are feeling better and let yourself have some rest during the weekend. It is very important to let yourself relax from time to time. The condition of our nervous system strongly affects all processes in our body, including weight loss.

Looks like everything’s going great with the weight loss progress! I did not realize that you needed to lose that little weight. I guess, you will be able to shed it and consolidate the result during the rest 3 weeks. That’s exactly what you need: make your body and mind used to new routines. Eating and exercising. Do it for yourself and enjoy a healthy life! =))

A lovely day to you!

April said:
Hello Lized! I am glad you are feeling better and let yourself have some rest during the weekend. It is very important to let yourself relax from time to time. The condition of our nervous system strongly affects all processes in our body, including weight loss.

Looks like everything’s going great with the weight loss progress! I did not realize that you needed to lose that little weight. I guess, you will be able to shed it and consolidate the result during the rest 3 weeks. That’s exactly what you need: make your body and mind used to new routines. Eating and exercising. Do it for yourself and enjoy a healthy life! =))

A lovely day to you!
Hi April
Literally as little as 2 or 3 kg extra weight on my bone structure makes a massive difference in how my clothes fit (or no longer fit at all!). But dieting the old fashioned way (i.e.: eating less, completely cut out sugar and cut down on the red wine etc) has for whatever reason stopped working completely since I turned 35 - and it was just destroying my overall well being because endless dieting only to lose like 100g in weeks was SUPER demotivating and made me feel so depressed, hence why I started on D. I knew once i see a decent difference in my weight it would be the kickstart I need to be motivated again and its true. I feel much better about myself and am now happily ignoring the sweets in the cupboards and wine in the fridge. :)

Reactions: April
Lized said:
Im on day 4 and I am EXHAUSTED. I wake up at night (but I always did before too) and then lie awake despite feeling so tired. The just wake up more tired....

PLEASE tell me this side effect will fade....?
i usually go for a run in the evenings which tires me out... that helps but also speak to your doc about a sleeping aid. i took 5mg of valium which is a very low dose. i started sleeping like a baby without the evening run

Lized said:
Thanks April - sadly the tired is much worse than my usual tired. I am not sleeping any worse than I always do (very light sleeper and I have two dogs in bed with me and some nights two kids too!). So it is as if the side effect I am having is not insomnia, its fatigue...? Yet most posts I read everyone is talking abou tall of a sudden having so much extra energy?
Lized said:
Thanks April - sadly the tired is much worse than my usual tired. I am not sleeping any worse than I always do (very light sleeper and I have two dogs in bed with me and some nights two kids too!). So it is as if the side effect I am having is not insomnia, its fatigue...? Yet most posts I read everyone is talking abou tall of a sudden having so much extra energy?
I am exhausted. I am on day 9 and falling into bed at around 8pm every night. I hope you gain more energy as we continue our journey..

So I'm a healthy weight already, 57kg but I wanted something to boost my energy for work and training at the gym. I usually train martial arts 6 days a week, 1 hr a night and since starting these pills I have no motivation, I get extreme dry mouth as soon as I start to exercise regardless of how much water I drink. My heart also beats incredible fast as if I've just jumped out of a plane and that's only after doing about 10 push ups. I haven't had the urge to drink water at all, never thirsty but I force myself.

So I'm wondering why I'm feeling this way, no one so far has mentioned not being able to exercise, it's always the opposite.

I haven't had a boost of energy at all, so maybe it'll take a while to kick in but I'm worried I'll be unable to train seeing as I have to scoll water every few minutes to stop my mouth from completely drying up. My lips literally stick to my gums and I have to pull my lips down with my fingers because there is 0 saliva, it's crazy!

My other symptoms are :

Breast tenderness
Heart racing
Sleeping less (not too bad though)
Light headed (loss of appetite)
Extreme dry mouth
No thirst for liquids
Possible short term memory loss
Dry Vagina (never had this issue)
Feeling sad/depressed/emotional
Hot flushes
Talkative
Euphoric feelings (sometimes only for an hour after taking the pill then it goes away)

So I'm 24/female taking 30mg capsules every second day because I can't half them and it didn't want to take too much in the beginning. I can still eat quite well but the first day I only had two bites of food and that was it. Thankfully the last couple days I've been able to finish proper meals so I'm glad about that.

I know I'll get judged because I'm not over weight, I'm not trying to lose weight I just simple want a boost of energy.

Running up a flight of stairs even knocks the air out of me, that never used to happen. I trained 3-4 hours a night before and now it's hard to do 1 because my body feels exhausted as soon as I start the warm up.

Maybe I should give up on these, not sure if it's worth it.

Hello Blo… i.. will… just swallow all the first things that came into my mind while reading your experience of using it and say… yes, I think you should stop using it. The side effects are just too much, and you did NOT get the effect you wanted… so literally no point in torturing your body any more… all the best to you

Sorry I forgot to say it's only been 5 days since I started so I'm not sure if I should wait until I hit the 2 week mark or a month... some people say it only really kicks in after a few weeks?

Yes, in some people the effect might kick in after a couple of weeks… but they usually don’t have to suffer from this bouquet of side effects until they get the ‘energy burst’. Besides, this one usually comes in the beginning… Duromine either helps you move like a Roadrunner, or makes you crawl like a snail…

Heart racing, especially such intense, like yours is definitely a reason to stop using Duromine right… yesterday! Just stop and address to your doctor and tell him about your side effects. It is your heart rate and not an itchy heel, ok? Be serious and take good care of yourself. Best of luck to you and best wishes!

Danzasocean said:
I am exhausted. I am on day 9 and falling into bed at around 8pm every night. I hope you gain more energy as we continue our journey..
I feel your pain - I am CONSTANTLY exhausted. I wake up every night at about 2am and then lie awake. So my headaches are worse than ever....dont know if its worth it anymore hey....gosh......

Lized said:
Im on day 4 and I am EXHAUSTED. I wake up at night (but I always did before too) and then lie awake despite feeling so tired. The just wake up more tired....

PLEASE tell me this side effect will fade....?
Hi, I just started Duromine (2nd day) and have slept pretty much since I started it. I have an overwhelming tiredness, not particulary hungry not un-hungry (if thats a word). I have tried exercising etc.. thought maybe it was just a side effect for the first few weeks.. however having read a lot of these forums on tiredness I'm beginning to worry

Avigirl22 said:
Hi, I just started Duromine (2nd day) and have slept pretty much since I started it. I have an overwhelming tiredness, not particulary hungry not un-hungry (if thats a word). I have tried exercising etc.. thought maybe it was just a side effect for the first few weeks.. however having read a lot of these forums on tiredness I'm beginning to worry
I must say the minute I upped my water intake it was better... so I can recommend that from personal experience. I dont really feel super energized (like some on the forum) but definitely not as tired anymore.

Reactions: Avigirl22
I am feeling much better thanks Lized. Yesterday it kicked in with a vengence. I am not hungry today, but we will see tomorrow.

thanks

I Am Hungry All The Time, Even An Hour After Eating. It's no good, unless anyone can tell me something I don't know. I have less energy than normal, and hungrier than normal!

Hi again. If it’s not working and makes it even worse… you have one more try. Stop using it for about 4 days and try again. That’s all I can say. I see that you no longer have the forces to wait for the effect to kick in, so may be it is better to just stop now, and restart, and see how it goes. If it works the same way next time, then it’s not for you, sorry.

Reactions: Em101
Hi there, Has anybody used Duromine for MS fatigue?

Hello Joel. I hope that you will get some answers from other users, as well. Yet, before anyone answers, I just want to bring you some ideas about this 'off-label' use of Duromine.

First issue is that Duromine is only allowed for use no longer than 3 consecutive months. Then, your wife will have to stop taking them, otherwise the risk of addiction is rather high.

Second problem is that not every person gets the energy boost.

Third problem is that our bodies can become ‘immune’ to the action of Duromine and next time anyone takes it – there might be no effects at all.

These are just some things to consider before your wife begins taking Duromine. I think you should discuss it together, and, probably, with her neuro. Hopefully, there are other medications that will help her cope with MS fatigue. Duromine might not bring the desired results. Good luck to you