Bilby80 said:
Hello lovely ladies! I haven’t managed to read up on the posts I’ve missed but I just wanted to drop by for the weekly check in.
I’ve lost 1.9kgs this week so down to 94.8 - not bad considering i was still messing up the first day (I’m still kicking myself over wasting a week)
I’m ITCHING to get into the 80’s!!
If I’m not back before then, have a wonderful (and healthy!) Xmas! Xx
Hi @Bilby80

That is a great loss, I am NOT getting those numbers, they are a bit smaller than that, but I am going with the attitude of as long as the number are in a downward trend I am happy LOLOL

WAY TO GO Bilby :)

Hi Everyone,

So my current progress has been super slow, I have adjusted my eating to the best of my ability, and I know my problem is I am not doing enough exercise.

STATS SO FAR

Start Weight: 147kg
Height: 6 foot 1
Current Weight: 114.2
Total Loss so far: 32.8 kg (over 18 months)

NOW, I lost 20 kg prior to starting duromine (if you remember I cut out sugar from my life - sad day indeed), and since starting duromine it has been very slow in weight loss.

When I look at the loss number it's big, but I am struggling to get more progress, it seems to have stalled. I got the doctor to increase my dosage from 15mg to 30mg (ZERO side effect at all by the way - except thirst)

Any suggestions for exercise for a long term netballer with a crap knee?

Cheers
:):)

Hi @Tassiegirl and @April and @Millsy95

I have been away so not been on the forums.

My progress has slowed (like a snail), but I know I need more exercise, but working 12 hour days and then I am totally buggered in the evenings, that I just can't seem to get myself moving, I know I am using excuses, but I am just so tired in the evenings ...... AHHH

STATS SO FAR

Start Weight: 147kg
Height: 6 foot 1
Current Weight: 114.2
Total Loss so far: 32.8 kg (over 18 months)

The doctor did up my dosage to 30mg, which I think may have kick started the loss again, but it's all about exercise as I have my diet under control ish.

By the way I have NOT used shakes yet, but will start them for breakfast as I seem to always skip it as I am not hungry at that time.

:):):):rolleyes:

Shelley! So great to see you back on the forum. First, thank you very much for being so supportive for everyone. and now... let me pick up my jaw and CONGRATULATE you with an amazing weight loss! 32.8 kg! You are soooo strong!

How do you feel with the higher Duromine dose? Did any side effects aggravate when you started it?

Amazing, Shelley! Keep up the great work!

April said:
Shelley! So great to see you back on the forum. First, thank you very much for being so supportive for everyone. and now... let me pick up my jaw and CONGRATULATE you with an amazing weight loss! 32.8 kg! You are soooo strong!

How do you feel with the higher Duromine dose? Did any side effects aggravate when you started it?

Amazing, Shelley! Keep up the great work!
Hi April,

Thanks heaps for the amazing words.

I didn't have a single extra side effect on the 30mg, just the same thirst, which I think is actually a good thing as I am drinking so much more water.

Cheers
Schelley

Reactions: April
Hi

I will be starting with 30mg tomorrow. I have used it before in July 2015 without much results as I fell pregnant and had to stop the tablets.

I managed to lose all the pregnancy weight plus 10kg of old weight by changing to the banting lifestyle. It all went well then but the last 10kg just wont budge and I feel that I need a little push and decided to give Duromine another try.

I had serious insomnia and constipation the previous time - does anyone have any tips or advise on how to limit these side effects?

I love my afternoon coffee - should I stay away from coffee after a certain time in the day?

Reactions: Trishaxo
Hi Ninies,
How has it been so far? I am starting tomorrow (first time) and I have a similar start weight and goal weight to you.

Hope to follow your journey and see how much weight you lose on your journey.

:)

Hi Ninies! I hope that Duromine will give you the kick start that you need to get rid of these stubborn last 10 kilos. =) And I can’t leave aside the fact that you managed to lose 10 kilos on your own! Great job! Are you planning to keep to banting while taking Duromine?

Staying away from coffee can help with insomnia. In fact, you might not have it. You see, Duromine works every time in a different way. I mean, the side effects that you can get this time may be completely different from those that you had when you were on Duromine before. But yes, no coffee and early morning administration is the best thing you can do to prevent sleeplessness.

As for constipation… again.. it might not happen, though it’s a very frequent side effect. Drinking MORE water can help you with that, as well as eating kiwis, prunes and drinking prune juice. If it gets too bad, you will need to take a laxative.

Fingers crossed everything goes better this time and you will achieve your goal. Best of luck!

Reactions: Trishaxo
Hi all!

I'm 29 years old and have gained so much weight because of stress eating and my pretty long holiday. I used to be around 75 kg but have gone up to 95 in the last 3 years.

I've been prescribed Duromine by my GP and have been checking out this forum before deciding to actually go on it. I had my hesitations before heading to the chemist because I'm not too sure how effective it is or how bad the side effects are. After looking into the experiences of people who took duromine in this forum, I felt inspired to give it a go. It also helps that my private health insurance covered the cost of my duromine.

I just started my journey with duromine on 21 Jan and it has been a very interesting 4 days.

Just a background about me, i started out with 95 kg (or I knowingly weighed myself in) in the last 2 weeks. I also started making lifestyle changes like reducing the amount of carbs and sugar I consume (I also have PCOS which is making this weight loss journey even more difficult). In the last week, I dramatically reduced the carbs I eat, only having better for you carbs like oatmeal, some fruits, and a cheeky chip or so. It was so hard this time because I miss carbs so much. I really love rice and if I have to give up carbs, I would still eat rice. But I know that in order for this weight loss to work, I have to let it go :( Im not really a big drinker and would have a cocktail or two each week so giving up alcohol is no big deal for me.

As for physical activity, I used to just do 2-3 30 minute sessions in the treadmill or elliptical in the gym and a yoga session or 2 weekly. But since last week, my GP told me to increase the amount of physical activity to 300 minutes a week. So I was doing interval exercise in the treadmill and treadmill basically everyday.

So on to my duromine start!

I'm glad I started my lifestyle change before I taking duromine because I definitely know duromine is probably not going to be as effective if I did not change my lifestyle.

I've got some bullet points on my daily experience with duromine because most of them are the sane:

Day 1: full of energy, dry mouth, peeing a lot, cannot sleep, ridiculous focus, alertness

Day 2: focus, dry mouth, peeing a lot, cannot sleep but not as bad as day 1

Day 3: woke up with full of energy, dry mouth, slept relatively OK (better than day 1 and 2)

Day 4: woke up with full of energy, dry mouth, peeing a lot, a bit fazed today, was really tired by the end of the day, slept actually well tonight!

The most consistent things I have experienced with duromine is the dryness of mouth and SO MUCH SWEATING - like I just got out of shower and haven't dried myself off kind of sweating. It's so out of the ordinary for me because I'm not really a sweater. I also noticed that I am more motivated to drink more water than usual (I'm usually bad at it). Not to mention I don't think about food as much as I did and I have no cravings whatsoever.

As for weigh ins, from the lifestyle change alone I already lost 1kg so I'm pretty interested to see how duromine will affect my body. I will also try not to weigh myself in as often as possible because weight can be such a fiddly thing. I'll only weigh myself during my gp visits or my check ins with my personal trainer.

Thanks so much for your patience in reading my essay! Looking forward to interact with like minded people here in this forum :)

Reactions: RABS
Hello Ady! Welcome to our friendly Duromine community and I wish you a very successful weight loss journey! Thank you for sharing your story and telling about your fears. Many people come here to talk themselves into taking Duromine =) And congrats on such a great health insurance! =))

Lifestyle changes already? Before Duromine? Now that’s a strong willpower! Applause

It’s great that your GP works together with you on your weight loss and it’s good that you are such an obedient patient and follow his recommendations.

Obviously, you find all these changes comfortable and exciting, but one – no rice. Sooner or later, this limitation can bring you to a cave in. And trust me, you will not stop at rice. So please, don’t be too hard on yourself. Have 1-2 tablespoons of rice for lunch. Of course, with a big portion of vegetables and lean protein. Enjoy your rice. Don’t suffer. Eat it slowly. This will help your brain realize that you don’t limit yourself and abstain from the food that you love the most. So it won’t rebel. Make sure that you fit in the recommended daily caloric value. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: RABS
Hi addy I’m 23 and I’m on my 4th day of taking duromine, so far I have lost 2.8 kilos, it’s not much but I do feel like it’s a lot for only 4 days ! In saying that before starting I never drank water, where as now it’s all I’m drinking so I’m pretty sure most of it is water weight ! Like you, I pretty much have the exact same symptoms, apart from the sleep, I’m sleeping normally at night, if not better. What time in the morning are you taking it? I take mine usually between 5-6am every morning, so its Pretty much out of my system by the time I go to bed :) the earlier you take it the better!

Hi!

Good luck on your weight loss journey :) I am 29 and have just started my first day on the 30mg. I have always been my most comfortable around the 65kg mark but due to illness, stress and a really busy lifestyle over the last few years I have put on at least 15kg. I do Pilates 4 or 5 out of 7 days which I have done over the last two years yet have been unable to shift the weight.

I have had not many side effects at all - i feel a bit more buzzed/energised than i usually do and the heart rate was a little higher but I have found myself with a rather strong headache for most of the day. I took my first dose at 5.30am this morning as I had read that people have trouble sleeping if they take it too late. I have not had a problem with dry mouth like many users report however I have been taking an migraine prevention medication every night for the last 2 years and this too gave dry mouth in the beginning but I no longer experience it.

I am a massive water drinker anyway (3-4litres per day) but have found myself only wanting to drink water and lots of it - I will usually have a coke no sugar or coke zero on my lunch break and maybe another in the afternoon but today i purchased one and had 3 sips before i realised I just didn't want it and couldn't finish it.

I am not a huge eater on the best of days i usually have to force myself during the day but it is night time snacking that gets me. I am interested to see if I will have the same loss of interest in night time snacking as I did with the diet soft drink.

Welcome to the forum @Donna1804 and @Ashleigh62 . Best of luck with your weight loss journeys!

How could I miss your message @Shelley … no idea… I think you should give a good consideration to swimming and yoga/pilates.

And all the ladies here, where are you? Are you all partying on a yacht together and decided to forget about your goals? C’mon, come back! Anyone?

April said:
Welcome to the forum @Donna1804 and @Ashleigh62 . Best of luck with your weight loss journeys!
Thank you, I have been taking 30mg daily for about 2 weeks and have yet to see any weight loss, however in the past when I have attempted to lose weight it always seems to take a bit longer for my body to drop the weight, so I will persevere with the rest of the pack and see how I go, perhaps I need to up my dose to 40mg if I do not see any results. I also do pilates regularly which would build muscle and that could be why the scales haven't moved much - I will continue to persevere and see how it goes. Has anyone got any advice for someone who is struggling to lose the kg ?

Thanks!

Hi Ashleigh. As long as you continue eating small portions of healthy foods and keep to your exercises, your weight will be going down. Not every person sees extreme weight loss on Duromine. I know that we all want to lose as much as we can within the shortest possible time.

However, if your were eating close to the way that you are eating now, and doing Pilates, as well, your body might not notice the changes, and might not react with a fast weight loss. If the side effects from 30 mg did not bother you much, the idea of switching to 40 mg might be quite reasonable.

Yep, reread your first message now… I guess, your body does need a change, may be even two changes. You can try (if you wish, of course, just suggesting) protein-veggies alternation this week. It means that for like 2 days, you consume just protein foods, and then one day just the veggies and some fruit in the first part of the day, then again one day of protein and one day of veggies, and then continue with your usual meal plan. As for the exercising… I LOVE Pilates! Really, like totally in love with it. It helps you build a strong and very beautiful body. What it doesn’t do is that it doesn’t raise your heart rate to the level, where your body starts working on fat burning. While I advise people here and there on the forum to add some strength exercises to their routine, you might need quite the opposite – some cardio, maybe HIIT workouts, or a jog, or a bicycle riding. If the last two options are not for you, you can try this workout (though it might be too intense, but its GOOOOD)

Best of luck! And I hope you will keep us posted how you do. Keeping my fingers crossed and wish you a lovely weekend!

So I’ve been putting off starting Duromine for 2 weeks! I was so nervous I would experience all the horrible side effects that I’ve read about but I finally started it
Dr prescribed 15mg to see how I go for the first month and to see if it would interact with my anxiety and depression medication, she’ll then consider upping the dosage

Day 1: Went to work and felt a little more energised than usual, by 4pm I didn’t want to have a nap like I normally would! I didn’t notice any changes in my appetite, I still got hungry at certain times and only had small portions but felt like I could eat extra
Sleeping was a bit of an issue, I woke up in sweats which has never happened before and no signs of a fever

Day 2: currently on day 2 and not much has changed from yesterday, slightly more energised but not feeling like I could go for a 5km run, just don’t feel like going back to bed for a nap. Still getting a little hungry but choosing healthier options
Sweating again today, even when I’ve just been watching tv in an air conditioned room. Thinking maybe it’s just water weight leaving my body

Hoping this helps weight loss and also gets me out of bad eating habits while I go!

Welcome to the forum, Emma! I wish you a successful weight loss journey and no serious side effects.

Excessive sweating and flushes are among Duromine side effects that can go away within the first week, or may stay. Fingers crossed, it goes away. Besides, if you started drinking more water, your body may need some time to figure out how to process it. Usually, it’s around 10 days, and you stop going to the toilet very often and sweating.

Best of luck!