Duromine Day 2

Day 6 today. I felt sick most of the day and have moderate anxiety. No gym today either. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up feeling myself again otherwise I think I might need to stop.

Really bad! Still on 1.2kgs. Feeling pretty disheartened.

Don't be disheartened a loss is still a loss! Keep to the plan and it'll work for you.
Have you thought of taking something to detox your liver. A chemist once told me weight loss is difficult if you don't detox your liver, then it can work more efficiently to help you lose weight.
I just remembered this yesterday so am taking "life stream ultimate greens" capsules which are spiralina, cholrella and barley grass which are all the good green stuff to detox with :)

Thanks Toni.

I do think my body is out of whack, Im SO tired and groggy and my monthly visitor which is usually right on time is almost a week late. But I can see changes in my face (much less puffy!) so I just got to hang in there lol.

Reactions: tanlucer
Keep up the good work 1.2kg is good for a weekly loss. My cycle was out of whack the first month too got them 1 week late and had them for 2.5 weeks - all good now. You retain water when due so that may have affected your weight loss. Hang in there I know you can do it. :) T

Reactions: DiaryofADuroDamzel
Thanks Tanlucer, it finally came and Ive also got a cold now lol which is actually OK because now I know why my body was feeling so stressed. Its just coping with other stuff, which is a relief its not the D :) went for a run this morning, felt so much better for it.

Pat said:
Day 6 today. I felt sick most of the day and have moderate anxiety. No gym today either. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up feeling myself again otherwise I think I might need to stop.

Anxiety can be the worst, especially coupled with feeling unwell. How are you doing now? Are you feeling better, I really hope you are!!

Week 2 update

Symptoms- this week was pretty rough in terms of anxiety, sleeplessness and generally feeling unwell.
As I said before, I'm a pretty anxious person and I have been treated before. I'm not on any medications for it now as I was handling it myself. I just know that I overthink and 'freak out' over little things. I was anticipating this weekend as I was going to look for more wedding dresses. I continually replayed these negative thoughts that I was never going back to find anything I love at this size and any rude comments from stores re my height and size. I won't go into details but I will have a post under this for the wedding dress situation.
Along with the anxiety, I have not had the greatest sleep at night. I've been sleeping for maybe 4 hours a night the past 4 days. I've had trouble napping but I'm not sleepy during the day at least.

Weightloss-
Starting weight-98kg
End of week 1-94.6
End of week 2-93.6
1kg loss this week
Total 5.4kg

Definitely didn't have such a spectacular loss this week, but I was expecting a decrease in the loss. At least it's something! Definitely looking at the total now is keeping me motivated. I've lost more in these 2 weeks than I did in months by myself.
I really need to make an effort to walk every morning before work. The rain these days are just annoying. Think I'll just have to suck it up and go anyway and hopefully I don't get sick haha.

Good weight loss. Sorry to hear you had a crappy week. Having little sleep does not help either. It will get better just take a deep breathe and relax :) walking of an afternoon helps me to wind down after a stressful day. I have not had any loss this week. I have been off D for 10 very long and hard days. Giving my body a break and catching up on some sleep. I have to be mindful about what I eat as I now feel hungry. As long as I dont gain. 1 Aug I start again with a mini goal to be 85kg by end Nov. Have a great week and happy wedding planning. T

Reactions: Kiara
Glad you're starting to feel better, keep at it, it took 2 weeks for me to feel normal on Duromine, you seem to be adjusting nicely but your body could still be getting used to it. I'm sure you know the best way to lose weight is to cut sugar out and eat clean (protien, veges, fruit) as much as possible, try to limit processed foods etc. You're doing great!

Reactions: DiaryofADuroDamzel
tanlucer said:
Good weight loss. Sorry to hear you had a crappy week. Having little sleep does not help either. It will get better just take a deep breathe and relax :) walking of an afternoon helps me to wind down after a stressful day. I have not had any loss this week. I have been off D for 10 very long and hard days. Giving my body a break and catching up on some sleep. I have to be mindful about what I eat as I now feel hungry. As long as I dont gain. 1 Aug I start again with a mini goal to be 85kg by end Nov. Have a great week and happy wedding planning. T
Not long till August 1st! Just keep your mind on your goal, and try to loose some (or at least stay around the same) weight. Maybe you will have a boost of weightloss in your first week back onto duromine since your having a break?

Had a sneaky weigh in today (Thursday). I am only 300 grams down. I am starting to wonder if the generic brand is as effective as actually taking duromine. Does anyone have any input about this?
Also, did people find when their dosage was put up after the first month (eg 15 to 30mg) they started loosing more again? I'm meant to see my dr in just over a fortnight and I'm thinking if I need to go up a dosage?

This week has been a lot better for me, no symptoms-not even a dry mouth. Not sure if having no symptoms is a good thing or not. I'm starting to feel my appetite again, no where near as strongman as pre duromine, but I'm definitely more hungry. This happens especially at night, I forget about food until about 6pm, and even then I'm not starving. When about 10pm comes I start looking for food..

Thanks chick! I havent been posted alot because Im still sick, its a horrible head cold. When I open my mouth wide my ears all crackle! Urgh.

Anyways, Im on about day 17? Ive lost 2kgs. I think once Im over this bug my body will work more efficiently so Im hanging in there! Lol

Week 3

Symptoms-
feeling awake, so much that if I get thinking about anything before bed I am obsessed with researching. I've always been an avid googler (haha), but this just went to a whole level...
Other than that, nothing.
Dosage- still on 15mg, seeing the dr in a fortnight

Weightloss- nothing! Zip! Zilch! Bleh

Yup no weightloss this week. Gotta admit feeling pretty crap about this. I gotta remember this is not the magic pill, and that I need to put more work in. Can anyone give tips to get motivated to exercise? I'm finding that going for a walk after work is not working, the weather has just been horribly cold, windy and wet. I know, I'm just making excuses, but it's nice and sunny before work these days so I'm gonna give morning workouts a try.

I am having my monthly visitor atm, tmi?? But I have read that weight gain is normal during this time and is usually due to increased water retention?

Last edited:
Kiara said:
Week 3

Symptoms-
feeling awake, so much that if I get thinking about anything before bed I am obsessed with researching. I've always been an avid googler (haha), but this just went to a whole level...
Other than that, nothing.
Dosage- still on 15mg, seeing the dr in a fortnight

Weightloss- nothing! Zip! Zilch! Bleh

Yup no weightloss this week. Gotta admit feeling pretty crap about this. I gotta remember this is not the magic pill, and that I need to put more work in. Can anyone give tips to get motivated to exercise? I'm finding that going for a walk after work is not working, the weather has just been horribly cold, windy and wet. I know, I'm just making excuses, but it's nice and sunny before work these days so I'm gonna give morning workouts a try.

I am having my monthly visitor atm, tmi?? But I have read that weight gain is normal during this time and is usually due to increased water retention?
Oh I am with you re exercise:oops: If I am honest with myself I have to admit I am just looking for excuses. Actually I am just lazy. But it is so hard to start!:confused: Had a friend who went with me for long walks 3 to 4 times a week and that really helped. But she moved away and it is no fun doing it by yourself. Let me know if you found some motivation, could really use it:p
And I take a diuretic around that time of month, really helps.

Try having your clothes and shoes ready by your bed so when you get up put them on straight away, I find that gets me motivated to exercise as once the shoes are on I'm right let's go!! Ahaha;) I have a gym membership for these winter months so I can't use the weather for an excuse. If your in australia a Jetts membership is onky $13 per week with no lock in contracts so can cancel whenever you want. I find inspiration from others at the gym whether it's from people with a lot to lose, like myself, or the fit regular gym people and especially the older ladies and gents as I think if they can do it so can I!!!!!
My mantra is 'Train Insane or Remain the Same'

My name is Alisha and I'm 18 and live in Sydney!
My starting weight was 87.5kg and my height is 178cm. My BMI is 'overweight'.
Today is my 2nd day on Duromine 15mg and i am loving it! This morning i weighed myself and i had already dropped 2kg bringing me down to 85.5. I haven't really had any side effects yet except for a minor off taste in my mouth for about an hour.
The reason i have always struggled with my weight is because im a huge snacker! and snacking on junk food is not the best. For the 2 days ive been on Duromine ive had 0 junk food and 0 cravings for junk food! Im only eat 3 meals a day with no snacks and the meals im eating are very very small, about 1/4 of what id normal serve myself up to eat!
I love reading everyones journeys on this forum and hope you will follow mine xx

Reactions: Kenzi
Hi Alisha

Welcome to our family:)
I am happy for you that you don't have side effects. Keep going, the 15mg dose is the smallest so if it suppresses your cravings then you are on the right way!

Good luck with next weigh in (please keep in mind that the biggest weight loss is at the beginning, so do not be disappointed)!
;););)

Hi Alisha,

I'm in the early days too, I think this is day 5. Like you, I'm a big snacker. I'm concentrating on eating three meals a day, and counting weight watchers points. My BMI was 27.8 at the doc's so I probably have a similar amount of weight to lose.

Good to hear you haven't had any side effects. Mine have just calmed down! Finally had a good night's sleep last night.

Good luck,

Thanks for replying!! I'm trying so hard not to weigh myself everyday! haha, yeah im sticking to 3 meals a day as well! are your portions tiny? im finding it so hard to stomach a normal amount of food lol

Good luck to you as well!!