Duromine Day 2

Hello I am Sam a mum of 2 (12 and 9)

2013 saw my weight hit its highest yet at 134.4kg... (height 155cm/5'1")

This was such a shock to me...so I lost weight with careful, clean food choices and regular workouts. I went from walking to running...now I compete in events.

Now it's 2015 and my weight is just stuck at 112kg....lifting weights and Eating properly became very frustrating when weigh in time came and saw no budge in the scales....

So my Dr put me on 30mg duromine...am hoping these give me an edge, especial as I have everything else under control.

Day 2 today...day 1 was amazing....absolutely no side effects except euphoria and a sense of happiness...slept like a baby. Was really worried to take the plunge with this drug especially after reading all the negativity surrounding it.

Going to hit the gym today...and fingers crossed I can get the numbers in my scale moving again!

Look forward to making some new duromine buddies, so we can support each other!

Current time: 6.09pm Day 7

CW: 77.4

Dear Journal,

Its a short one tonight because i don't really have much to talk about.

Its been a whole week since iv started duromine. 3 more weeks to go and I'm only down 2.5kg. Thats pretty good although my goal was to lose 5 kilos a week. Maybe a bit too unrealistic. :oops:

My partner is a real bad influence for eating junk food. So I really got to (excuse my language) get my s**t together!!

But iv totally got this! I don't really have much to say tonight, except I'm determind to fit into a size 12 dress again!!!

Wish Me Luck for week 2! Maybe ill be able to lose 5 kilos this week. MAYBE....

xx T.

Welcome Sam! You've done so well already losing weight without Duromine. You should be so proud of yourself :)

I'm also on 30mg and am sleeping like a baby. haha.

Looking forward to seeing your progression :)

Reactions: Sammi
Current time: 9.13am Day 9

Current weight 76.8kg

Dear journal

Like the other day I don't really have much to say for today. Im just taking it day by day while trying to stay motivated. I think thats the hardest part, trying to stay motivated to keep exercising and eating healthy. The easiest part... waking up at 6.28am every morning to take these pills.

Down 3.1kg and willing to keep fighting to get to my first goal weight! only 2.8kg until 75kg. Then it will be time to make it to my next goal weight. But thats another time. i have to focus on the time at hand and work hard for what i want!!!

Wish Me Luck, time to go and exercise and have a little breakfast!

xx T.

Hi, thanks and thanks for the welcome Fetbetch....starting day 5 tomorrow here....what day are you on and how's your progress so far?

Sammi said:
Hi, thanks and thanks for the welcome Fetbetch....starting day 5 tomorrow here....what day are you on and how's your progress so far?

Hi Sammi, I am on Day 22, starting week 4 today.

You can track me over here : My Duromine Journey

Last edited by a moderator:
Duromine update:

I have been experiencing a painful and itchy dermatitis around my mouth when ever i eat ANYTHING. It flares up no matter what i eat.

Current weight: UNKNOWN.
Day 16.

TallieAllie said:
Duromine update:

I have been experiencing a painful and itchy dermatitis around my mouth when ever i eat ANYTHING. It flares up no matter what i eat.

Current weight: UNKNOWN.
Day 16.

Thats no good! I have an itchy nose. Do you have this too?

Would some Carmex on the lips help?

FB xx

Reactions: TallieAllie
fetbetch said:
Thats no good! I have an itchy nose. Do you have this too?

Would some Carmex on the lips help?

FB xx

No itchy nose for me, but the dry mouth and horrible chemical taste in my mouth is the worst along side the dermatitis. I have ointment prescribed from the doctor for my dermatitis, it seems the duromine is making it flare up ALOT. YAY FOR SIDE EFFECTS.

Hope everything is well with you!

Duromine 30mg seems as if it has had only LITTLE effect on me with actual weight loss and appetite suppressing. Im contemplating on asking my doctor to increase my dose to 40mg when I finish this packet. I think my expectations for this tablet were little too high.

Hey!!! Today is my second day on 30mg Duromine. I am about 180cm tall and 171kg. I have been trying to loose weight for a long time but will loose a few kgs then stop. I always seem to find a reason to stop. My head is in the right space now!!! I want this more than anything!!!
I took Duromine yesterday morning for the first time, I had a dry mouth through the day and felt a bit spaced out. I didn't feel energized, I actually felt like I hit a wall about lunch time. I had an unusual sleep last night. Followed by not much today. I was tiered again and a little spaced out. I'm not starving, when I feel hungry it doesn't take much to fill me though. I think I expected so many side effects, and the fact i'm not experiencing them it feels weird.
Does this sound normal?
I really need this to work, so could use all the advice possible!!!
Thanks so much

Reactions: Toby
Hi eve I'm Meggs. I start tomorrow on 30mg, I'm 128kg snd 170cm tall. We both have a long way to go. I'm feeling nervous about tomorrow, the pharmacist said its like speed and she wished she could get some. Made me feel naughty or something.
Goodluck, I'm looking forward to hearing your progress.

Hi Meggs!!! I wish I was feeling the effect of speed, I was kind of looking forward to the energy!!! That's what has confused me about my side effects. I hope it is working. Good luck tomorrow, would love to hear how you go

Hi ladies, I'm jess. 168cm tall and 112kg. Been thinking about taking duromine for awhile to help with my weight loss. Was very put off by reading side affects but finally got the courage to get my script filled. Today is my first day on 30mg, took it at 7am and not feeling much different to normal as of yet, to b honest I could go for a nap. Looking forward to sharing your weight loss experience with u ladies.

Hi ladies I'm Jess, 168cm tall 112kg. I've struggled with my weight for the last 7 years with it going up and down as well as having 3 children, ended up with gestational diabetes last pregnancy which was a big wake up call even though I couldn't put on any weight with that pregnancy weighing less than I did when I feel pregnant at 118kgs and kept losing weight. Was 107 she was born, he is now 3 months and I have gained reaching 112, after seeing dietitian my Dr suggested giving duromine a go. Was very skepticism after reading a lot of the side affects but I bit the bullet got my script filled and this is my first day, no side affects so far, I could honestly go for a nap. Looking forward to sharing weight loss journey with other ppl.

Hi Eve Hi Jess
Day one for me was good. A little hungry but no where near where I would be normally. Feeling energetic so that's good too. I'm not feeling overly tired so am hoping that I sleep tonight.
Eve, how are you going being that little more ahead?
Jess, welcome i look forward to sharing weight loss with you too:)

Current Time: 9.00am
Day Day 18

Dear Journal

I currently weigh 76.7 kilos and was originally aiming for 65kg. I think I'm going to ask my Dr if he can prescribe me the 40mg Duromine tablets after I finish this box.

I have a wedding on the 26th of this month to go to and a size 12 dress that NEARLY JUST fits. Well, I think if I'm able to drop another couple kilos the dress will fit reasonable okay. I just hope my tree trunk legs won't be too big.

Iv started exercising to burn of calories. So my calories out are much higher than my calories consumed. I roughly exercise on a stationary bike for 95 minutes to burn just over 900 calories, I tell you what, my pelvis muscles are starting to ache and become stronger. Something i have not realised before.

This is how iv calculated my calories in vs out:

Resting Metabolic Rate - Calories consumed = Calories used daily.
1600 - 750 = 850 Calories burned.

Now you have to burn around 3500 Calories a week in order to lose 0.5kg. This can easily be achieved by consuming around 300 less calories and exercising to burn an extra 300 calories. It's a bit confusing at first. eg.

If your resting metabolic rate is 1600 you will need to consume around 1300 calories and also burn an extra 300. So you have 600 calories burned for that day.
Now multiply 600 by 7 and you will get 4200. This is your weekly Calories burned. Just well over 3500 calories to lose just over 0.5kg. Easy!!

Now I roughly consume around 700 + calories now. I should be eating more but Iv not felt hungry. So now I will take 700 calories out of the daily used calories.

750 - 1600 = 850 calories burned daily. This is nearly 3 times more than 600 calories daily for a week needed to lose 0.5kg.

My weekly calories burned from food:

850 X 7Days = 5950 Calories burned weekly.

My weekly calories burned from exercise:

950 X 6Days = 5700 Calories burned weekly.

Total Calories burned > 5950 + 5700 = 11,650

This is around 3 times more calories to lose 0.5kg weekly. Ill be able to lose around 1.5kg a week. Nearly 2kg.

Now take NOTE: This calculation is ONLY based on exercising 7 DAYS A WEEK.
( Calculation may vary and I am not a professional. )

A lot of hard work to lose those extra 0.5kg isn't it.

It is a lot easier to put on the weight when you don't realise...

Iv really have to change my habits.

WML. Hope you enjoyed my little mathematic class.

xx T.

Last edited:
Hi checking in with my week 2 weigh in...

Lost 1.5kg this week...

2 week total is 2.9kg...

Happy with that...not some drastic number..eating clean lower carbs and enjoying my heavy lifting...can really see my body leaning out and muscle definition.

I recommend duromine if any one is looking for an "edge"..... It isn't a magic pill sorry to say they don't exist....but with determination and strength...duromine will give you a helping hand to ward off the hunger and cravings.

Hi ladies
Just checking in, how are you?
Day four for me. I'm doing well. Probably not eating enough but really not hungry.
I wish I had scales as I think I've lost but no guarantees until I see that number which I hope would be big due to the sheer amount I need to loose.

TallieAllie said:
Current Time: 9.00am
Day Day 18

Dear Journal

I currently weigh 76.7 kilos and was originally aiming for 65kg. I think I'm going to ask my Dr if he can prescribe me the 40mg Duromine tablets after I finish this box.

I have a wedding on the 26th of this month to go to and a size 12 dress that NEARLY JUST fits. Well, I think if I'm able to drop another couple kilos the dress will fit reasonable okay. I just hope my tree trunk legs won't be too big.

Iv started exercising to burn of calories. So my calories out are much higher than my calories consumed. I roughly exercise on a stationary bike for 95 minutes to burn just over 900 calories, I tell you what, my pelvis muscles are starting to ache and become stronger. Something i have not realised before.

This is how iv calculated my calories in vs out:

Resting Metabolic Rate + Calories Burned = Calories used daily.
1600 + 900 = 2500 Calories burned.

Now you have to burn around 3500 Calories a week in order to lose 0.5kg. This can easily be achieved by consuming around 300 less calories and exercising to burn an extra 300 calories. It's a bit confusing at first. eg.

If your resting metabolic rate is 1600, you will need to consume around 1300 or 1200 calories and also burn an extra 300. So you have 600 calories burned for that day. Now X 600 by 7 and you will get 4200. This is your weekly Calories burned. Just well over 3500 calories to lose just over 0.5kg. Easy!!

Now I roughly consume around 700 + calories now. I should be eating more but Iv not felt hungry. So now I will take 700 calories out of the daily used calories.

700 - 2500 = 1800 calories burned daily. This is 3 X more than 600 calories needed to lose 0.5kg

My weekly weight loss:

1800 X 7Days = 12600 Calories burned weekly.

This is around 3.5 times more calories to lose 0.5kg weekly. Ill be able to lose around 1.8kg a week. Nearly 2kg.

Now take NOTE: This calculation is ONLY based on exercising 7 DAYS A WEEK.
( Calculation may vary and I am not a professional. )

A lot of hard work to lose those extra 0.5kg isn't it.

It is a lot easier to put on the weight when you don't realise...

Iv really have to change my habits.

WML. Hope you enjoyed my little mathematic class.

xx T.
That was confusing. But I appreciate you explaining and wonder if you can try again but simplify it please?