Duromine Day 2

Gosh, I cannot believe it's been weeks since I have last posted! I was so obsessed with posting before, and I just fell off the wagon!
September was not the best for weightloss and being ontop of everything. I was either sick (no point in taking Duromine), or forgot to take it in the morning. I think I have been on this 30mg prescription for 6 weeks now? And I have 3 tablets to go, and seeing the doctor sometime next week.
Despite my inconsistancies, I am finally under the 90 mark... Just! I still flutter up to 91, every now and then which I'm not gonna lie.. hurts. But what can you do.
My partner was in a body building comp over the last couple of weeks and having him not really 'there' was hard too. I'm not really sure if that contributed to my lack of motivation though

I am currently sitting at 89.5. Thats a total loss of 12.5kgs, 8.5kgs from Duromine in 2 months! I believe I have one more month left to go for Duromine before I am back on a break. With any luck I will reach the 85's... Fingers crossed! Hopefully I will be able down to 70-75 by March next year. I really need to get my butt into gear!

Ladies are you still on this thread????
Thought I'd let you know it's working!!!
Lost 11kg in my first month.
How are you going with yours?

Reactions: Loz
Im on my day one today. Meggs your reply has given me confidence to keep going.
I have felt very little effect today.....maybe a bit of dry mouth. I actually had a nap so the energy side hasnt kicked in for me yet.
Im 165cm and 110kg so im really hoping to have similar results that youve had come the end of my first month.

Hi Ladies,
I'm also in my first week.
I started at 107..
So far to date day 7, down 5.2kgs
I know the number will slow down!
First day I felt full all day!! Couldn't sleep not even a minute and dry mouth and lots of energy. Felt the full effects.
First day was the only day that I felt all that. Now I feel really tired. I do get full a lot quicker so I'm hoping it's still working.

Reactions: Unity
Hi Ladies...
Hope you don't me joining in here...
I am 117.4kg lots to loose...
Strange I haven't had one bad side effect as yet.. got all the positive effects ...
Been on Duramine 30mg 7 days...
Refusing to get on the scale.. However I got back into my jeans this weekend...
even though they a size 44 they fit me lol.. best of luck ladies...
I try to keep to a 1200 cal eating habit a day... making it to 1102 or less.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliCat
Unity said:
I really couldn't help myself...
I got on the scale this morning..

SW 117.4kg (5/10/2015)

Weighed in at 114.0 (13/10/2015)

3.5kg gone...
Feeling so positive...

Great work!

Woohoo great loss.
Im 2.4kg down on day 4 now. Not weighing in again until next week.
Still no side effects other than dry mouth. Im sleeping great which is a relief as i was worried i would be up all night.
I was so worried about starting Duromine, but so glad i did now. Fingers crossed it continues to go so well.

Thanks Alicat, yup I felt the same. I had my Duromine for a month before I took the first one lol.
Well done on your 2.4kg... I am also not weighing in again until next week..
I must admit I sleep very well, no real side effects.
I do believe we may have all found something to help us... I believe we on the right path..

Hi ladies, well done on Ur weight loss meggs. Sadly I had to cease taking duromine after days in hospital, I wish u all the best of luck

It's been a long time again!! Hopefully I keep this update.

It's been about 3-4 weeks since my last duromine, I have only had 1 month on 15mg and 2nd month on 30mg. I'm not really sure what started this hiatus, but I know my personal life has really been messing with me emotionally (no nothing to do with the future wedding and that, that's all perfect). Unfortunatly, I did fall back to a really unhealthy diet, I couldn't even tell you when I last had a salad, but what's sad is that I am sure I have been having more cake than veggies.

After my really bad month of not eating well, I have put on about a kilo, which isn't too bad. I suppose I have learnt when I have had enough maybe, maybe the portion sizes have lessened from the past 100 kilo me?

Another upsetting thing is my doctor who has been working with me for my weightloss is leaving, and unfortunatly I can't follow him to the another practice as it is a walk in only clinic. I'm worried that this will be last month, my last chance with Duromine as I know a lot of doctors are completly against it.

I've been sitting on my 3rd prescription of Duromine and finally decided today was the day to start back up. No playing around this time! I'm off junk food until Christmas, 6 ish weeks away. I will get the 1 cheat meal a week, and I am logging my food as I go.

So fingers crossed, no stressful matters is going to be an excuse! I need to do this. I need to be healthier. Christmas goal is to be at least 10 kilos lighter, that's 81kg's or less! This will be when my first dress fitting will be so I really need to stick with this. I am really hoping to be in the 60's for mid April!

Hi All

I'm Jes, 23 years old South Aussie. I have suffered being overweight for 6 years and managed to loose 12kgs on my own however I've been unable to loose any more. I'm 165cm tall, 76kgs, BMI 27.5. I am a longterm suffer of clinically diagnosed depression and anxiety. I have a family history of diabetes.

My dr did not put me on the drug lightly. Its been discussed over many months and my mental health has been stable.

It's 2:21am Day 2 of 30mgs of Duromine. I'm wide awake which is not unusual.

Day 1 was eventful to say the lease. Bouts of nausea and heat flashes but the constant regardless of the fact I ate all 3 meals, is im starving! I'm taming the hunger why drinking water.

I'll try to remember to post daily as a form of diary to keep track of myself.

Hi Jes,

We are pretty similar! I'm 21 and from Adelaide. I am 5'8 :)

My starting weight was 78.2 and after 3 weeks I got down to 73. I had a panic attack and went to hospital from my anxiety so I had to stop taking the duromine as they couldn't say if it was or wasn't effecting me. So 3 weeks later here I am and have put back on 1 kilo.

I have a new prescription so going to start again next week.

I was still hungry the whole time I was taking it but I didn't want junk food which was good, slept fine and only had the dry mouth.

Just have to be careful if you're taking anti-depressants as my doctor said it could be very dangerous as I to have clinically diagnosed depression and anxiety as well as have diabetes in my family. If you feel something is not right it probably isn't so listen to your body. Anti depressants and duromine should not be mixed together but as long as we listen to our bodies we should be fine :)

Hi Kayla,

Wow! we are very similar. I'm a northern suburbs chick.

It would be great if we kept in contact through this journey. It would be nice to have someone to confide in and knows exactly how I feel and not judge me for taking "a quick fix" .

Oh that's horrible, did something happen to trigger the attack? It's hard to say isn't it when your already clinically diagnosed and then experience the symptoms while on the drug.

Day 2: Wednesday I was dealing with a persistent headache, and foggy mind. However, I am pleased to say the symptoms of the previous day did not repeat, except feeling hungry.

Day 3: Today Thursday, I was lightheaded, confused and had bouts of heat flashes. Thankfully, I am nearing the end of "adjusting" to the drug. I am at the moment of clear mind and have no symptoms to report.

I am upset and mystified how I was able over 3 days to gain a kg. I am not eating or drinking "junk" and managed the hunger with loading myself up on water. I know, I shouldn't be micromanaging myself and only weigh in once a week, but you would understand me when I say a week is too long to wait. I want to know what's happening and what to do straight away.

Apparently, it's expected to gain weight after stopping, because the metabolism returns to it's normal rhythm, and the rate of apparent weight loss is unsustainable for the long term. My doctor told me this before signing the prescription. Is your mental health stable? I have come along way from where I started.

I look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with starting the journey next week.

Jes

I am also a northern suburbs chick haha!

Yes that will be good! I haven't told anyone that I will be using it for that reason.

Just drink lots of water and eat if you feel lightheaded or anything, make sure you are having 1200 calories a day, my fitness pal is a good app to help track calories.

Yes I know that feeling, try your hardest to not weigh yourself as much because your body fluctuates all the time. Make sure you weigh in the morning as well when you have woken up and gone to the toilet.

Yes I know what caused it, was having troubles with a girl I work with as started a new job and was in between a new dose of antidepressants, I am at a good place now though :)

Yeah I am happy I only put 1 kilo back on because I have been eating junk food every day lol and haven't been exercising at all haha.

Good luck with your journey!

Hello everyone. I am from NSW and have been using Duromine for 8 months. Lost 35kg. Still have 25kg to go but it is getting more difficult now. Could surely use some support.

Reactions: MelM and jes
How did your doctor let you use it for that long? Do you feel that it has been consistent the whole way through while using duromine?

KellyS said:
Hello everyone. I am from NSW and have been using Duromine for 8 months. Lost 35kg. Still have 25kg to go but it is getting more difficult now. Could surely use some support.

Wow KellyS that is an amasing achievement! Well done girl!

Hi everyone, my name is Kim and I'm 25 years old. Starting tomorrow on 40mg. Currently weigh 72kg and need to lose 12kg. I also suffer with depression and anxiety, so we are all somewhat similar. Would be nice to start my journey with other like minded people :) I am from Victoria.

Reactions: jes