Duromine Day 2

Blessing said:
Hello Carry, as hard as it seems right now trust me it will be worth it in the end..try to take a walk or do some form of excerise. Duromine works differently on every person.

It's day4 and I have anxiety so I haven't weighed myself,I havent slept since Friday and I also have a dry mouth..I feel like crying and giving up most of the time as well so your not alone

Some of the ladies in the facebook group have been saying I'm not eating to enough and that's why my body is storing the fat so I'm gonna try and eat a lil bit more from now on its just sad coz I feel like I already fought the battle to stay away from sugar and bread and starch and still I put on weight I guess that's what's sad for me is that I really did make and effort

Last edited:
I found the first couple of days to be the hardest - it all seemed to settle down with time for me.(apart from the dry mouth - it is the worst). I am on my 3rd week of my weight loss journey
As hard as it is i only weigh myself weekly, we all fluctuate daily and there is a number of contributing factors. I also measure myself, so i can see the difference in CM which i much prefer as the numbers on the scale even with a loss make me feel crappy.

Keep going, and stay postitive - your attitude to the process will help you through!

Good luck lovely. xx

Last edited:
Reactions: Carry
Thank you Yella as I said some woman were saying im eating to little so today im gonna start eating solids again
Breakfast is oats
Lunch is 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 small meat ball hoping the small meals will make a difference

Carry said:
Thank you Yella as I said some woman were saying im eating to little so today im gonna start eating solids again
Breakfast is oats
Lunch is 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 small meat ball hoping the small meals will make a difference

I personally eat VERY little in comparison to my old diet (but that wouldn't be hard lol)- only fruit (twice a day) and water, but not everyone is the same. I do also take some vitamin supplements and so far i have lost 8kg and 13cm from my waist - keeping in mind i only incorporated Duromine into my journey 5 days ago. Before starting my Duromine i cut out soda and took Xenical (which is a fat blocker) I thought by doing this it wouldn't be such a huge shock as going from my normal habbits to a strict diet with Duromine.
I still use Xenical it in conjunction with Duromine but do not suggest doing so without speaking to your Dr first.

Remember drinking loads of water will make a difference to the number on the scale, even tho it is zero calories u have consumed x amount of water which will mirror on the scales. I find weighing myself in the morning as soon as i wake up works best as i haven't consumed any food or water for a good period of time so its a pretty true indication of weight. If i weigh myself throughout the day i will always have gained something because of the huge amounts of water i drink to combat the dry mouth lol.

Ive been where you are so many times, its horrible... i think we have such high expectations of what we think we should loose and the number on the scales dictates our success. This time around, instead of saying i want to loose weight, i decided i wanted to change my lifestyle - ive found by not really having an expectation to loose kg's i dont get so much anxiety when it comes to weighing myself.

Try not weighing yourself for a week and just making positive lifestyle changes. Im sure not only will the number on the scales change but you will feel better within yourself.

Ps - my starting weight was 123.8 and im 27

Reactions: pinkfish and Carry
Yella said:
I personally eat VERY little in comparison to my old diet (but that wouldn't be hard lol)- only fruit (twice a day) and water, but not everyone is the same. I do also take some vitamin supplements and so far i have lost 8kg and 13cm from my waist - keeping in mind i only incorporated Duromine into my journey 5 days ago. Before starting my Duromine i cut out soda and took Xenical (which is a fat blocker) I thought by doing this it wouldn't be such a huge shock as going from my normal habbits to a strict diet with Duromine.
I still use Xenical it in conjunction with Duromine but do not suggest doing so without speaking to your Dr first.

Remember drinking loads of water will make a difference to the number on the scale, even tho it is zero calories u have consumed x amount of water which will mirror on the scales. I find weighing myself in the morning as soon as i wake up works best as i haven't consumed any food or water for a good period of time so its a pretty true indication of weight. If i weigh myself throughout the day i will always have gained something because of the huge amounts of water i drink to combat the dry mouth lol.

Ive been where you are so many times, its horrible... i think we have such high expectations of what we think we should loose and the number on the scales dictates our success. This time around, instead of saying i want to loose weight, i decided i wanted to change my lifestyle - ive found by not really having an expectation to loose kg's i dont get so much anxiety when it comes to weighing myself.

Try not weighing yourself for a week and just making positive lifestyle changes. Im sure not only will the number on the scales change but you will feel better within yourself.

Ps - my starting weight was 123.8 and im 27
Thank You Yella I swear im not weighing myself again until the end of the week

Its my day 4 today and I feel like crap. I'm on 30mg I've got insomnia and dry mouth and woke up with a headache today so not very happy. I weigh myself on day 2 and didn't loose anything so I promised to only weigh myself on day 5 or day 7 again coz I don't wana be disappointed again. I started off only consuming soup and after being told I'm eating to little I started with small meals oats in the morning, 2 eggs and a meatball for lunch an some veg for supper. Today again oats for breakfast, 2 eggs and a chicken breast for lunch and maybe soup for supper. Haven't been eating any breads or sugar or starch so hoping I lost something. Also been drinking lots of water

It is hard to break something that we are used to doing for anlong time. I felt a little disorriented first few weeks. My advise drinks heaps of water. Try to eat soemthing healthy when you feel hungry but you will feel full as soon as you eat soemthing. Try apple which is great. Remember while on D make a routine for you to follow and when D time is ip uou wont get lost. Just think about the hard times you went through to be where you are. Dont give up! Mind set you can do it!!!! Also try start doing physical activities to make you feel better. I promise u it will also boost your mood!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

I have been drinking loads of water with small meals but just don't seem to loose as fast as everybody else day 4 and I lost 1.5kgs its little but I guess its something so I'm just gna keep on keeping on. Thank you for the motivation

Yes, Carry. Everyone's different. You shouldn't look at others' results, it is always confusing and demotivating. Congrats on your 1.5 kgs loss and be proud of yourself because A LOSS IS A LOSS! :)

Kate said:
Yes, Carry. Everyone's different. You shouldn't look at others' results, it is always confusing and demotivating. Congrats on your 1.5 kgs loss and be proud of yourself because A LOSS IS A LOSS! :)
Thanks kate since then my total lost has been 3.3kgs(day 5) so pleased feel like something is finally happening lol :)

Reactions: Kate
Okay day7 and I'm 3kgs down. Lost nothing the weekend despite running up and down and being active with my little one

I'm now on day 8 and my body is sending me mix signals I'm hungry and as soon as I look at the food I feel nauseas but force myself to eat, so I take a few bites and my stomach cramps which is probably my body's way of telling me that's enough.

LoL all this weirdness better be worthit by the end of this weeks weigh in :)

Yes, that's the effect of the pills. Try to convince yourself that you are happy with the amount of food you eat now. All those cravings and temptations when we see food are coming from the thought that we have to diet and limit ourselves in food. It's a long term process, because most of us are raised to eat junk foods and let's be honest - because it's delicious, sometimes we even can't stop overeating. Once you get used that it is now your normal amount of meals and portions, your body should come down and relax, if you know what I mean. That is why frequent and small meals consisting of lots of fruit and veggies are so important, that's why I always advise and remind people to make a diet plan. Well, it takes time to get used to a new lifestyle. Better to continue to live this way after you finish the pills, otherwise you may gain weight again.

hello! Today is my second day on 30mg. Yesterday was my first day took it at 6am and had breakfast around 8. Energy level went up At around 9, no palpitations but really thirsty, then mild headache, then really hungry til lunch time Yes I had some junk food!
Today is also about the same thank god .
I am 157cm and weigh 59 kilos, hoping to lose 7-10 kilos. Will try not to have any junk, still have coffee every morning
I think I will jump on the scale weekly
Hopefully this stuff works for me

has your doctor talked to you about your goal? 49kg seems pretty low for your height

Hi Madaselle I will be happy with 52kg-54kg. Doctor prescribed me duromine because I'm getting really big around the waist which is not very healthy and also a back pain.
How are you going with yours?

I weighed myself on Wednesday August 3 and lost 2.4 kilos in 7 days.then from Thursday until today Sunday morning I lost another 600grams. I skipped 1 pill on Thursday and today so total of 10 days I have lost 3 kilos. I decided not to take one today I have been feeling a bit funny since yesterday, light headed and tired and today when I got up I was dizzy so I thought I will just have to miss it today.i felt like my body is so weak I just have to eat, I ate a lot of junk I think I will eat whatever today I felt like I have deprived myself for a while. For about a week now my hands and feet are very cold, and when I brush my teeth I noticed that ALL my teeth are very sensitive Anyone else with these experience?? I hope I feel better tomorrow if not I will probably not take the pill again.

Day three here..
Now that you mention it I've been a lot colder than usual.. But it is winter here so I just assumed it was extra cold.. I had so much trouble getting to sleep last night cause I was cold which is very unlike me..
I'm a bit more tired today too, but resisting the urge to eat comfort food and just doing what needs to be done and drinking more water and a few hot cups of tea..
Im guessing the body is just adjusting to less food..

Mumo3girls said:
Day three here..
Now that you mention it I've been a lot colder than usual.. But it is winter here so I just assumed it was extra cold.. I had so much trouble getting to sleep last night cause I was cold which is very unlike me..
I'm a bit more tired today too, but resisting the urge to eat comfort food and just doing what needs to be done and drinking more water and a few hot cups of tea..
Im guessing the body is just adjusting to less food..
Yeah winter here too but my hands and feet are like ice! Doesn't matter what time it is. And at night I get goose bumps all over my body. Very tired today so I gave in, ate heaps of junk whole day and three slices of cake! I'm just worried that my body is starting to get weak still light headed all day. I think I will have a cheat day once a week at least something to look forward to. Will be on it again tomorrow. How do you feel and are you eating less?

0924 said:
Yeah winter here too but my hands and feet are like ice! Doesn't matter what time it is. And at night I get goose bumps all over my body. Very tired today so I gave in, ate heaps of junk whole day and three slices of cake! I'm just worried that my body is starting to get weak still light headed all day. I think I will have a cheat day once a week at least something to look forward to. Will be on it again tomorrow. How do you feel and are you eating less?

You can have junk without ruining your whole day.
I have a blog on here stating how I feel but basically day 3 and I'm feeling flat. I'm sleeping heavy for a few hours at night, then having really random dreams that are waking me up. All urges to eat bad food or even excess food are gone though so my food is a lot less and simple. Around dinner time seems to be when I'm running out of energy, then start getting cold hands and feet around 7:30pm and dry mouth constantly but that's been great to help me to drink more water. The rest of the day I don't feel like I have extra energy, I just don't feel tired and crappy so for me, even though I have pointed out the bad things, it seems to be working great

Thanks
Mumo3girls said:
You can have junk without ruining your whole day.
I have a blog on here stating how I feel but basically day 3 and I'm feeling flat. I'm sleeping heavy for a few hours at night, then having really random dreams that are waking me up. All urges to eat bad food or even excess food are gone though so my food is a lot less and simple. Around dinner time seems to be when I'm running out of energy, then start getting cold hands and feet around 7:30pm and dry mouth constantly but that's been great to help me to drink more water. The rest of the day I don't feel like I have extra energy, I just don't feel tired and crappy so for me, even though I have pointed out the bad things, it seems to be working great
thanks so much it helps a lot, it makes sense what is your diet like for the last 3 days? I really have to focus on the last 20 days of my duro. I think I also get a bit paranoid and anxious of what could happen to me I should really just stick to it

Reactions: Mumo3girls