Duromine Day 3

I told my mom which was a mistake.

I told my sister hoping she would try lose some but she wasn't interested.

I told my boyfriend which was a mistake.

My colleage at work knows because we started together and her doctor got us the pills.

wow that is amazing!!! I'm so happy for you. Can not wait for both us to get under 90 kilos.

The only people i have told is my partner my mum and my sister (we are very close) and a good friend i dont feel the need to tell people wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey

I was recommended it by a family friend so we have spoken about it for a while. My family, boyfriend and a couple of friends know, but I'm an open book, I don't tend to hide much so I will tell people if it comes up.
I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of for any of us. For years I have maintained a semi health weight, playing sports since I was young helped but this year my weight has just gone crazy. I know all the right things to eat and do and I am back at the gym but my constant hunger is what pushed me to ask for some help, sand sometimes we all need some help, if this is it than go us, anyone who judges can go hide in the hole they crawled out from ;)
Good on you for making a choice to get healthier and I hope this journey for everyone on this forum is good and successful

I told everybody! why not. im looking great and people wanted an explanation for the rapid weight loss. some people will say " thats cheating" so just tell them " duromine doesnt drag my butt off the lounge and take me to the gym, duromine doesnt eat healthy food for me. i do. all duromine does is suppress your apitite so you can train your body to consume less"

Thats not cheating. also, anyone who says you're cheating is a jealous bitch anyway

Reactions: Kate
I haven't told anyone just yet... I don't want it to be another failed attempt or me just talking about a plan I will not follow through with!

I will tell close family and friends once I am comfortable within my journey!

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Vix said:
I've only told a couple of people as people even friends do judge and think it's the easy way out (especially as I had lost 40kgs on my own) I don't need their opinions on this and am better off without their negative remarks , that's why I joined on here and there's some fantastic people to talk to and even made some new friends that understand it's not the easy way out and if you stuff up and have that chocolate bar or ten they don't look at you like OMG you ate something bad!! They help get over the hurdle and encourage you and help,you back on track.
I told my sister I NZ and of course she thinks I don't need them!!! But she's always had a "thing" call it jealously with me, but I'm doing this for me so don't really say much to her anymore :)

I can relate very well to your message Vix. I am a new member, and I also have a sister who has always carried a lot more weight than me. But even though she doesn't like it whenever I loose weight, this time, when I begin Duromine, I am not going to listen, or take any notice of what she says, as, like you, I am finally going to do this weight loss for me, and my own healthy future Thanks for sharing

Honesty I'm so ashamed of my weight gain that Im not going to tell anyone at all except my doctor of course.

Hi all! I just started Duromine 3 days ago (really two full days). I'm still on holidays so I'm back at work tomorrow, which will be interesting to see how I go.
SW- 76.5kg
H: 165cm
GW- 62kg

I'm going to weigh myself on Fridays but I already had a cheeky check and I'm 1.6kg down. To be honest, I'm a little overweight but not too bad, I'm happy my doctor gave it to me, because I just need a kick start to get back on track. I'm lucky that I don't have a sugar addiction, my issue is big meal portions!

I've found in the last couple of days I have eaten less, but still making sure I'm eating, otherwise your body will be put into starvation mode, making it harder to lose weight.

Some things I'm noticing, I have no energy. This may be due to being on holidays, but I'm tired but not sleepy tired, just lethargic. Also have a bit of a funny taste in my mouth. I'm not having a full night sleep but hopefully I get used to that.

Anyway, feeling positive and really ready for change!

Reactions: April
Good morning,
I'm on day 2 today, I have a very similar starting weight to you and a silmilar goal weight.
Good luck with your journey!

Kateschaf said:
Good morning,
I'm on day 2 today, I have a very similar starting weight to you and a silmilar goal weight.
Good luck with your journey!

You too!!

Losing weight is not an easy task, especially if you don’t have the right knowledge about
it. I tried a lot of methods until I read personal review about 2 Week Diet by Brian Flatt. I had to try it and now I don’t regret! I am now 50 pounds lighter than when i first started using it. I recommend this method to any friend who wants to lose weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Janduro
Janduro said:
Hi all! I just started Duromine 3 days ago (really two full days). I'm still on holidays so I'm back at work tomorrow, which will be interesting to see how I go.
SW- 76.5kg
H: 165cm
GW- 62kg

I'm going to weigh myself on Fridays but I already had a cheeky check and I'm 1.6kg down. To be honest, I'm a little overweight but not too bad, I'm happy my doctor gave it to me, because I just need a kick start to get back on track. I'm lucky that I don't have a sugar addiction, my issue is big meal portions!

I've found in the last couple of days I have eaten less, but still making sure I'm eating, otherwise your body will be put into starvation mode, making it harder to lose weight.

Some things I'm noticing, I have no energy. This may be due to being on holidays, but I'm tired but not sleepy tired, just lethargic. Also have a bit of a funny taste in my mouth. I'm not having a full night sleep but hopefully I get used to that.

Anyway, feeling positive and really ready for change!

Hi Jandro! Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, your weight loss journey will become a real success and you will enjoy introducing healthy changes to your eating and exercising routine. It is very good that you understand the importance of proper nutrition and aim developing the habit of consuming smaller portions. Duromine can help you with that.. Duromine and your own willpower. =))

Sorry about lack of energy. However, not getting enough sleep might be the reason for feeling lethargic during the day. Keep up with the motivation and congrats on first results!

April said:
Hi Jandro! Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, your weight loss journey will become a real success and you will enjoy introducing healthy changes to your eating and exercising routine. It is very good that you understand the importance of proper nutrition and aim developing the habit of consuming smaller portions. Duromine can help you with that.. Duromine and your own willpower. =))

Sorry about lack of energy. However, not getting enough sleep might be the reason for feeling lethargic during the day. Keep up with the motivation and congrats on first results!

Thank you April, I am feeling much more energetic today, back at work definitely helped! Looking forward to weigh in on Friday!

Week 1 update: loss of 2.2kg
SW: 76.5
CW: 74.3
GW: 62

I'm happy with that definitely. I've been so tired and no energy still, however I'm sleeping fine. My husband just started on the 40mg and he is jumping off the walls basically, it's just weird how it affects people differently. I want a bit of extra energy! I might ask for 40mg when I go next month!

Janduro, wow! The result is great! Congrats on that! Be careful with 40 mg though… it is very very strong, even though it might seem that the difference is only 10 mg of the active ingredient. You don’t have A LOT of weight to lose, so your weight loss might a bit not as quick as you wish, so better go nice and steady, and then being capable of maintaining it, rather than losing faster and gain half of it back. Focus on the main goal – developing healthy eating and activity habits, and you will certainly succeed! Once again, great job on your weight loss!

PS. As weird as it may sound, being physically active can help with enhancing your energy levels

Thanks April! You're right, I should see how I go as it's only been one week. And my husband has a lot to lose! I'm going to introduce a bit more exercise next week. I do two strength training sessions with a PT and my work is fairly active but I know I could try to increase the cardio aspect. I'll give that a go and will report back next Friday!

Begging weight: 93.5
Current weight: 90.8
Goal Weight: 65

So two days ago I went to my doctor to talk about my weight. At 94 kilos I hate my body and the way I look. I have always been big but in 2012 I went on a weight loss journey and lost 25 kilo through hard work and was a happy 62k but after depression and work got in the way I stacked it back on and got up to 95 kilo and it just has not budeged no matter what i do. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe it to me as it seemed I had high blood pressure (I think it may have been from gym before DR) he gave me 1 month script and then I have to have blood pressure tested again.

I would like to lose 20k by the new year so aiming for 7 kilos a month (whether Duromine is prescribed after this or not)

Day 1: No real side affects apart from lots of energy and not getting much sleep. Manged to go lap swimming for an hour and feeling good. I eat bannana and egg for brekkie. Meal replacement shake. Chicken salad for dinner. Soup in my thermos as snacks

Day 2: Lost 1.2 kilo probably water weight. Still get hungry often but find I can eat a healthy amount and be full. 1 hr at the gym.

Day 3: Sleeping is fine now but I get headaches and a pounding heart which is not enjoyable. Will try to increase water intake to see if that helps currently drinking 2 litres a day. Food intake meal replacement shake and slads with chicken plus fruit and veggies for snacks. Want to make sure I am getting the right amount of calories as I want this to last.

Wouldnlove some help and encouragement as I want ro be accountable to someone.