Duromine Day 3

EJJ said:
After almost a month of taking duromine I think it's safe to say it's done sweet F A for me I've exercised, eaten well and drunk plenty of water and it's done nothing really thought this would help!
Oh I hear you.. i lost a mere 3.5kg in 2 months.. been off it for about 3 weeks niw maybe a bit more and contemplating filling the 3rd script...

Stephen4 said:
I have only told my wife and son,( who I stay with during the week as I work in Melbourne and live near echuca some 200 klm away), I suppose that I am worried that it won't work and hate showing failure.
I have lost weight before and a couple of times have got to goal weight, but alas it has always crept back on. I also joined the forum to have people that understand what it's like to try and lose weight with the help and side effects of D. So let's continue to support each other, because it can only be positive. If we give up or let things get on top of us, we can only go backwards.
That's why I say maintain thr rage
Steve
Hi Steve..

So.. how do you manage working so far away?? Off the duromine topic.. but i have considered working away... any advice there?

Stephen4 said:
I have only told my wife and son,( who I stay with during the week as I work in Melbourne and live near echuca some 200 klm away), I suppose that I am worried that it won't work and hate showing failure.
I have lost weight before and a couple of times have got to goal weight, but alas it has always crept back on. I also joined the forum to have people that understand what it's like to try and lose weight with the help and side effects of D. So let's continue to support each other, because it can only be positive. If we give up or let things get on top of us, we can only go backwards.
That's why I say maintain thr rage
Steve
Love it..!!

I have told noone... my journey - my triumph (when i bloody well get there).. I don't want the comments, people watching everything i eat and when and I dont need people thinking they're encouraging me.. here is different .. its Non Judgemental and Non Threatening- just TOTAL support

Reactions: Tracy83 and Vix
I work so far from Where I live because it's my job and I love it. The job came before the house. We picked the location because it's where we want to retire. However financially we need to work longer before that can happen.
The people I work with are great and would be totally supportive. But I guess I,m scared of failure and what they would think of me then. Although we all treat each other like our work family. I like the support I get here because I guess we are on the same mission and failures, even little ones are treated with respect and encouragement to dust off and get back with the program. Even when people start to think that they have buggered up big time and what's the point in going on.

Thanks guys together we can do this
Steve

Stephen4 said:
I work so far from Where I live because it's my job and I love it. The job came before the house. We picked the location because it's where we want to retire. However financially we need to work longer before that can happen.
The people I work with are great and would be totally supportive. But I guess I,m scared of failure and what they would think of me then. Although we all treat each other like our work family. I like the support I get here because I guess we are on the same mission and failures, even little ones are treated with respect and encouragement to dust off and get back with the program. Even when people start to think that they have buggered up big time and what's the point in going on.

Steve
SPOT ON!

Stephen4 said:

Steve
Exactly why I have chosen to keep this mission to myself too.... I am afraid of Failure... So so affaid if it.. its hard enough to feel you've failed wirhin ones own self and to think others will lose respect for you in some way for not being as successful as one would hope... is just stress (for lack of a better word) that could be done without...

Let celebrations be celebrarions and not sly comments.. Ohh.. You've only lost 2kg.. sheesh - shouldn't you be spending all your rime at the gym...? NO THANKS... I don't need comments.... I can give those to myself

Reactions: Vix
My hubby knows, but to everyone else I've just said that i'm working with a trainer, a dietitian and my doctor to loose the weight. The specifics are no-ones business.

I feel a bit like an arsehole actually. Since I've started loosing weight, a good friend of mine has been motivated to hit the gym and work out herself. We have similar starting weights and I feel like I want to tell her "hey this is something that's really been helping me - and it could help you too" but I'm afraid if i tell her she will judge me and make me feel like I'm cheating (when I am sooooo not! 2 hour in the gym today dammit)

Tracy83 said:
A question or two or three....

Have you told anyone you're on Duromine?

Personally, the only person who knows is my doctor.

However, since I've hit day three with minimal side effects.... I'm tempted to tell my sister. She's also at 100+ kg's and I feel like I'm keeping it from her.

My fear though is that it doesn't work for her or that she ends up having horrible side effects and it would all be my fault.

Thoughts anyone?

Tracy83 said:
A question or two or three....

Have you told anyone you're on Duromine?

Personally, the only person who knows is my doctor.

However, since I've hit day three with minimal side effects.... I'm tempted to tell my sister. She's also at 100+ kg's and I feel like I'm keeping it from her.

My fear though is that it doesn't work for her or that she ends up having horrible side effects and it would all be my fault.

Thoughts anyone?

So a week and a half off duromine and I'm down to 101.3kgs I was 103.7 when finished taking the 30 days worth! How taking a drug that's meant to make you loose weight I lost 1kg in 30 days yet 1.5 after stopping it same diet same exercise amount actually probably doing less as I've had less work.. Confused!!

Reactions: Mandyv
Mumo3girls said:
I have only told my very closest most understanding friends. I told an Aunty, but didn't tell her the name of it, because I didn't want her to look it up and read the bad things about it. I assured her it's only temporary and I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it would be OK..
The first few weeks I felt like I was hiding this massive secret from everyone.. But not anymore, maybe that's because I'm not losing massive numbers so there isn't that much to tell..

I dont think its anyones business, I dont tell anyone about anything i take and i dont ask them what they take, you wouldnt talk if it was an anti depressant or something boring.

Madaselle said:
My hubby knows, but to everyone else I've just said that i'm working with a trainer, a dietitian and my doctor to loose the weight. The specifics are no-ones business.

I feel a bit like an arsehole actually. Since I've started loosing weight, a good friend of mine has been motivated to hit the gym and work out herself. We have similar starting weights and I feel like I want to tell her "hey this is something that's really been helping me - and it could help you too" but I'm afraid if i tell her she will judge me and make me feel like I'm cheating (when I am sooooo not! 2 hour in the gym today dammit)

Thats not cheating & if you are motivating her, how can she complain?

ozzie said:
I dont think its anyones business, I dont tell anyone about anything i take and i dont ask them what they take, you wouldnt talk if it was an anti depressant or something boring.
True it's no ones business but it depends on your personality, I like to talk and I like support. I also talk with my friends about their anti depressants and other meds..

EJJ said:
So a week and a half off duromine and I'm down to 101.3kgs I was 103.7 when finished taking the 30 days worth! How taking a drug that's meant to make you loose weight I lost 1kg in 30 days yet 1.5 after stopping it same diet same exercise amount actually probably doing less as I've had less work.. Confused!!
Makes one wonder doesn't it..!!!
I haven't filled my 3rd script but instead am trying Swiss Hunger Control tablets.. much much lighter on my purse and as I tend to only need help at night- they seem to work ok... (for now anyways)..

Reactions: Mandyv
I'm wandering that too, it's my 4th week, but I am hungry all the time in this 4 th week, So I'm thinking is the duromine just to kick start you in the right direction, do you really need to take 3 months supply, don't get me wrong I'm not binge eating or anything, sticking to my routine & being strict with myself, over 4 weeks I have lost 5.2 kilos , so I think that's motivation to keep myself going...like you Deanna might look into a suppressant, it would have to be a healthier alternative & cheaper

Reactions: Deanna78
Duromine has helped me to enjoy water.. I will give it that.. i fill my water bottle (like a screw on wide cap - so opens widely) with ice and i fill it from there.. and i tend to drink at least 2 of those each day.. can't stand water if it isnt icey cold.. i wrap my bottle in paper towel to help keep it cooler longer and to take care of condensation..
Duromine made me OMG constipated too.. hardly healthy.. its only been a fea days for me with Swiss and i am yet to weigh myself, but i feel better.. it helps to curb my munching antics at night when i need it most... long after duromine wore off on me... i take it half hour before i eat.. or if i notice i am heading for the pantry.. i take my tablet and snack on a tomato or a chunk of cucumber... half hour later.. what do you know... i have forgotten about the biscuits etc in the pantry...

I'm trying not to focus on weighing myself ether.. just want a good rhythm that works for me over time... unfortunately - for me.. duromine doesnt work well.. but it does for others.. just doesnt capture the right portion of the day for me i guess.. like you Mandy!

Reactions: Mandyv and auroraB
That's it at the end of the day we all know you have to eat healthier & exercise to loose weight!!
I will let you know how I go over the next week and yes Deanna, I'm hearing you!!! about constipation!!! gees I was like clockwork with that side of things, 3 rd week, I was like I'm seriously going to blow up haha If I don't go!! That side effect is the only one that affected me & worried about it, so hopefully coming off them, hopefully will go back to normal
Best of luck for your healthier lifestyle ladies

Reactions: Deanna78
Mandyv said:
That's it at the end of the day we all know you have to eat healthier & exercise to loose weight!!
I will let you know how I go over the next week and yes Deanna, I'm hearing you!!! about constipation!!! gees I was like clockwork with that side of things, 3 rd week, I was like I'm seriously going to blow up haha If I don't go!! That side effect is the only one that affected me & worried about it, so hopefully coming off them, hopefully will go back to normal
Best of luck for your healthier lifestyle ladies
I have found relief with Bowel Clear tablets.. they work well.. you can get them from Chemist Warehouse

Started my second round of duromine today hoping to get better results this time round wish me luck!!