Duromine Day 3

EJJ said:
Day 4: I think i got my hopes up for a giant weight loss in a short time I've read so many story's of people loosing 10+ kgs in a week after struggling with my weight so long I really wish I was that lucky! On another note since starting duromine I'm no longer constantly hungry I've been trying to drink lots of water even though I'm very thirsty I don't find the time to drink enough

My dr said anything between half to 1 kilo is normal. Oh yep that made me sad lol

Reactions: Deanna78
Mumo3girls said:
I'm finding I have to make myself get up and do something cause I'm so tired I could lay on the couch all day, but once I get up and do something it goes away..
Yep.. me too!!!

A question or two or three....

Have you told anyone you're on Duromine?

Personally, the only person who knows is my doctor.

However, since I've hit day three with minimal side effects.... I'm tempted to tell my sister. She's also at 100+ kg's and I feel like I'm keeping it from her.

My fear though is that it doesn't work for her or that she ends up having horrible side effects and it would all be my fault.

Thoughts anyone?

Reactions: Mumo3girls
After almost a month of taking duromine I think it's safe to say it's done sweet F A for me I've exercised, eaten well and drunk plenty of water and it's done nothing really thought this would help!

Have you been counting calories?
Or have you have one or maybe two days where you've eaten badly or binged?
When I'm eating well and exercising and drinking water I lose weight but unfortunately if I eat badly for even one day I end up putting on everything that I lost. I think because even if I ate less calories than I burnt on some days, on the day/s that I binged I have eaten more calories then I've burnt (and so many that I go over the deficit I created over the week). If that makes sense?
Maybe you haven't eaten bad, but I know when I do it shows on the scales, even if it's just a burger.

How much have you lost in the past 3-4 weeks?

I have only told my very closest most understanding friends. I told an Aunty, but didn't tell her the name of it, because I didn't want her to look it up and read the bad things about it. I assured her it's only temporary and I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it would be OK..
The first few weeks I felt like I was hiding this massive secret from everyone.. But not anymore, maybe that's because I'm not losing massive numbers so there isn't that much to tell..

Reactions: Tracy83
I've only told a couple of people as people even friends do judge and think it's the easy way out (especially as I had lost 40kgs on my own) I don't need their opinions on this and am better off without their negative remarks , that's why I joined on here and there's some fantastic people to talk to and even made some new friends that understand it's not the easy way out and if you stuff up and have that chocolate bar or ten they don't look at you like OMG you ate something bad!! They help get over the hurdle and encourage you and help,you back on track.
I told my sister I NZ and of course she thinks I don't need them!!! But she's always had a "thing" call it jealously with me, but I'm doing this for me so don't really say much to her anymore :)

It's upto you. I don't know your relationship with your sister. But I wouldn't tell mine (she's amazing) but I know she would tell someone if I lost a lot of weight and then people would just discredit my hard work.
People think duromine just sheds off all your fat, but it doesn't at all. It's hard work but helps by suppressing appetite. So just think before you tell anyone, I know it's exciting but you may regret it.

If you decide not to you can just share on here :)

My sister is my best friend. We are 13 years apart in age, so I think that plays a huge factor. No competition, just the luuuuuuuurve ❤
Shortly after posting this I realised what an utter twit I was being and called her. Turns out she's been considering this for years, but wasn't sure how to approach our doctor about it!
She's already read through all the side effect stuff herself (my main concern).
Hopefully she'll have some news today because she made an appointment with our doctor yesterday.
As an aside, my sister heard about it from a colleague at the office who lost 15 kg's in around 3 months. It was actually really cool because we chatted and she warned me about a few things I wouldn't have known to expect.

So excited to have my sister on this journey with me! Fingers crossed!

I feel the same only 2 people close to me know that I am using D I already have enough:oops: to deal with "weight" and wont can deal with annoying and negative people that back bites and make a mokery of it..:oops:

Mel..needhelp said:
I feel the same only 2 people close to me know that I am using D I already have enough:oops: to deal with "weight" and wont can deal with annoying and negative people that back bites and make a mokery of it..:oops:

I know exactly what you mean! If you lose weight, it's because you're 'cheating ' and if you don't gasp....! You must really just be lazy.....

Tracy83 said:
My sister is my best friend. We are 13 years apart in age, so I think that plays a huge factor. No competition, just the luuuuuuuurve ❤
Shortly after posting this I realised what an utter twit I was being and called her. Turns out she's been considering this for years, but wasn't sure how to approach our doctor about it!
She's already read through all the side effect stuff herself (my main concern).
Hopefully she'll have some news today because she made an appointment with our doctor yesterday.
As an aside, my sister heard about it from a colleague at the office who lost 15 kg's in around 3 months. It was actually really cool because we chatted and she warned me about a few things I wouldn't have known to expect.

So excited to have my sister on this journey with me! Fingers crossed!
That's fantastic.. It's always a benefit to have an understanding ear xx

Yes that a fact so added my self to this site If I have any troubles I know you guys can relate to it or share advise thanks alot much appreciated

Ex
Mel..needhelp said:
Yes that a fact so added my self to this site If I have any troubles I know you guys can relate to it or share advise thanks alot much appreciated
Exactly why I'm here too.

No judgement and all that good stuff.

Yes I calorie count I've been using the healthy mummy recipe meals for almost 2 years now I've always eaten healthy and exercised I just ballooned when I had kids and haven't been able to shake the weight!! My weights been bouncing between 101-104kgs since starting duromine hoped I could of gotten under 100 in the month

Reactions: Mandyv
I have only told my wife and son,( who I stay with during the week as I work in Melbourne and live near echuca some 200 klm away), I suppose that I am worried that it won't work and hate showing failure.
I have lost weight before and a couple of times have got to goal weight, but alas it has always crept back on. I also joined the forum to have people that understand what it's like to try and lose weight with the help and side effects of D. So let's continue to support each other, because it can only be positive. If we give up or let things get on top of us, we can only go backwards.
That's why I say maintain thr rage
Steve

I have only told my wife and son,( who I stay with during the week as I work in Melbourne and live near echuca some 200 klm away), I suppose that I am worried that it won't work and hate showing failure.
I have lost weight before and a couple of times have got to goal weight, but alas it has always crept back on. I also joined the forum to have people that understand what it's like to try and lose weight with the help and side effects of D. So let's continue to support each other, because it can only be positive. If we give up or let things get on top of us, we can only go backwards.
Steve

Reactions: Deanna78
Stephen4 said:
Steve
Smashing it! Love it