Duromine Day 4

I'm alwayssssss tired even after sleeping a good 6-8 hours a night, been like that since I started.
Not sure why but been like this for 7 weeks now

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Mumo3girls said:
I'm definitely more tired than normal.. Not sure I could sleep, but defintely could sit on my ass all day..

OMG I know right!! Not sure where everyone else's bouts of energy comes from but mine has been lacking ever since... Could sit on my ass all day too

Reactions: Deno and Mumo3girls
Vix said:
OMG I know right!! Not sure where everyone else's bouts of energy comes from but mine has been lacking ever since... Could sit on my ass all day too
It's actually depressing at times.
My hubby and kids get home and I honestly think I have achieved nothing.. Even right now, I'm sitting at the table with a cuppa contemplating the gym in an hour and seriously doubt that I will be able to do much more than just a stroll on he treadmill and a roll on the bike..

Reactions: Deno and Vix
Hey everyone

So I am at day 4 and part of me feels like this isn't working but then the other part of me does feel like it's working... But I also think my expectations are too high.

From everything that I have heard from my GP, people I know that are on it and things I have read her. I have had really no side effects.
I feel over all, very normal. I don't have this huge amount of energy, I don't have a dry mouth, I sleep most of the night (except last night I couldn't get to sleep until around 1:30am). I do feel like my appetite is suppressed a bit, but I often find myself saying "you don't need to eat" in stead of feeling like I don't want to.
Though sometimes when I go to have lunch or dinner I can't finish what I have.

I'm getting up early in the morning and going to the gym for the last three mornings, doing 3km of interval training on the treadmill (my body aches) and then moving onto some weights for the last 20 minutes.
This morning I couldn't get up to go to the gym I was far too tired, I just woke up at 5:30 took my Duromine and went back to sleep till 7am.

So. Am I expecting too much from Duromine? Or maybe up the dosage?

Maybe I need to reevaluate my thoughts after the first weighin next week.

Ah feeling pretty much the same..
Day 30 here.
Still lots of "trying" and feeling flat and unmotivated even when I do go to gym in struggling to push myself hard like i usually could..
3kgs in 4 weeks :(

Don't be so hard on yourself, 3 kilos is great, stay motivated :)

Mumo3girls said:
Ah feeling pretty much the same..
Day 30 here.
Still lots of "trying" and feeling flat and unmotivated even when I do go to gym in struggling to push myself hard like i usually could..
3kgs in 4 weeks :(
Mumo3Girls, Where you at? we need to catch up for coffee - can relate babes.

Madaselle said:
Mumo3Girls, Where you at? we need to catch up for coffee - can relate babes.
I have an appt with my doc today (5 weeks since I seen him, down 3kgs..
I go to the gym 3-4 days a week but haven't been able to push myself and do anything too amazing. Also been going for an interval run on Wednesday when miss 4 is at kinder and was very impressed by my effort yesterday. Not my fastest and nothing at all impressive but for me I was happy.. But the sun was shining and it wAs a great day.. So I put it down to the weather.
My ears are partly blocked and giving me the shits so actually wondering if maybe I have a sinus infection or something and that's helping me to feel shit.. I dunno but even a gradual decrease in scales is good, won't be happy til double figures though.. Currently 103kgs

Reactions: Mandyv
Doc was happy with my progress 3kgs in 4 weeks (to last Friday) , and focused on me re training my brain for long term without worrying about cravings (because they have gone thanks to duro).
He wants to see me again in 6 weeks which will be only a few weeks before my 3rd and final script finishes..
I also got nasal spray to fix my blocked ears which is due to sinus which could be the reason behind my lack of energy and motivation, because now that he mentioned it, my head does feel shit..
Onwards and upwards here.

See your 3 kilos is a good achievement, that's it Mumo3girls, it's all about training your mind to eat healthier.
As we all know it's a suppressant not a fat fighter, so if we can stick to it after 3 months with the motivation to do it, the weight will come off slowly, it's painful, but hence why we are all using duromine now to change the unhealthy habits that we have become so customised to
Hope the nasal spray helps..

Mandyv said:
See your 3 kilos is a good achievement, that's it Mumo3girls, it's all about training your mind to eat healthier.
As we all know it's a suppressant not a fat fighter, so if we can stick to it after 3 months with the motivation to do it, the weight will come off slowly, it's painful, but hence why we are all using duromine now to change the unhealthy habits that we have become so customised to
Hope the nasal spray helps..
Exactly!!
Doc said my cravings may come back after I'm done with D but if my food has been relatively good for 3 months, and my brain is behaving well, then I will have an easier time coping with cravings..
Feeling positive!

A.BsWeightlossJourney said:
Hey everyone

So I am at day 4 and part of me feels like this isn't working but then the other part of me does feel like it's working... But I also think my expectations are too high.

From everything that I have heard from my GP, people I know that are on it and things I have read her. I have had really no side effects.
I feel over all, very normal. I don't have this huge amount of energy, I don't have a dry mouth, I sleep most of the night (except last night I couldn't get to sleep until around 1:30am). I do feel like my appetite is suppressed a bit, but I often find myself saying "you don't need to eat" in stead of feeling like I don't want to.
Though sometimes when I go to have lunch or dinner I can't finish what I have.

I'm getting up early in the morning and going to the gym for the last three mornings, doing 3km of interval training on the treadmill (my body aches) and then moving onto some weights for the last 20 minutes.
This morning I couldn't get up to go to the gym I was far too tired, I just woke up at 5:30 took my Duromine and went back to sleep till 7am.

So. Am I expecting too much from Duromine? Or maybe up the dosage?

Maybe I need to reevaluate my thoughts after the first weighin next week.
Day 4 for me too and DITTO!

While I am definitely feeling the appetite repression, I'm not as bouncy as I was on day 1 and 2.
Even though I'm not hungry, I still find myself wanting to eat.... and I'm not seeing anything spectacular on the scale either.

Bleh.

Tracy83 said:
Day 4 for me too and DITTO!

While I am definitely feeling the appetite repression, I'm not as bouncy as I was on day 1 and 2.
Even though I'm not hungry, I still find myself wanting to eat.... and I'm not seeing anything spectacular on the scale either.

Bleh.
Same Tracey, just give your body time to adjust & eat healthy hun :)

Mandyv said:
Same Tracey, just give your body time to adjust & eat healthy hun :)
Ahhh - it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do. I'm more perky this morning - hope you're feeling better too!
Might also have something to do with the fact that I'm back below 90 on the scale this morning ☺

I started yesterday and I could not stop yawning all day , no buzz or energy at all !

Reactions: Deno
Mumo3girls said:
Week 8 here and never had energy buzz.. trying to focus on the positives, I'm more healthy..

Today day 2 I got that energy buzz , though did not feel it I cleaned my house it looks lovely I am utterly frazzled now ! also had to force my self to eat , TBH feels like when I first had my lapband I just am not hungry and no cravings its amazing :)