Duromine & Mental and Mood Issues

Day 3 today - only 1.5hrs sleep last night. :(
No other side effects though which is good.
I look forward to getting on the scales tomorrow.
Any ideas for sleeping anyone? I already take over the counter sleeping pills, which usually work when I'm not taking Duromine.

My day 3 is complete, have been super low on calories and sleeping fine. My weight hasn't changed yet :(

Starting weight: 84.3kgs
Day 4 weight: 81.8kgs

Sleeping is not great, will have the weekend off so I can sleep.

It will come off! keep your chin up. :)

Hello MMK, Super great news from you here! Way to go! Congrats on that first considerable weight loss. Hopefully, your sleeping issue will subside during this weekend and you will have a good rest! Keep it up!

Had to stop taking them over the weekend.
Couldn't get enough sleep to function properly.

I'll start again Monday morning! Hopefully sleeping will be better this week.

Hi MMK
Check out this page please
Maybe some of these tips will improve your sleep situation. Bless you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleeping is much better this week. Have been exercising every day and trying to get to 1200 calories a day. Will weigh myself tomorrow.
How are you going crankitup?

Heeey, MMK! Been wondering how you’re doing. It sounds like everything’s been getting to great! =)) Congrats with your improved sleep and I am very proud of you for exercising every day! I am sure you will manage to get your nutrition to proper caloric value and, of course, its contents also should be beneficial for your body. Now that you exercise a lot, your body does need the nutrients and building materials, which you can have from proper food. If you need any assistance with this, please, feel free to ask. Best of luck to you and looking forward to your results! Have a nice day!

Thanks Alex!

Unfortunately, I put on 500g this week.
Won't let it get me down though, will keep on going as I am!

Michael said:
I'll normally get angry (rage) when playing video games however, the past week it feels as though my anger has increased and I've become more short fused.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Or does anyone else feel the same?

Hello Michael. How are you doing? Did your anger subside? Are you still on Duromine? I am really interested to know how you are doing, because I never worked with someone who would experience the same side effect. I know that people do have some serious mood swings. However, it is always better to hear someone’s own experience. Hope, you’re just fine and are still working on your weight loss!

Hi MMK, don’t feel down. The reasons for this weight gain might be so various. First of all… you’re not eating enough so your body starts depositing literally every single drop of water, or you might be eating more than you need. Another possible reason is your physical activity. If you started build muscles, you should always remember that these are heavier than fat. And again, there’s still the water. Cabrs and salt, and many other elements retain water in your body, so watch out for these.

Glad you don’t give up immediately. You truly have to develop resistance while going through the weight loss process. It does require time and decisiveness. I am sure you will succeed, just keep going. Good luck and a lovely day to you!

MMK said:
Thanks Alex!

Unfortunately, I put on 500g this week.
Won't let it get me down though, will keep on going as I am!

A week, A WEEK since you last wrote. Did you stop? These +500 g did make you feel down and you decided it’s not worth trying any longer? Or may be (praying for that) you decided to keep it silent and continue till the next weigh in day, and then surprise everyone here with a cool weight loss?

Really hope on hearing from you soon, and hope you will appear with some great news. =) Have a great day!

Definitely not giving up!

I've been away for work for a week. Makes it very hard to have a routine, unfortunately I go away a lot.

I put on another 400g but this morning I was back to where I was.

Will update next Friday when I weigh again.

I'm booked everyday for my classes and ready to get back on track!

Starting weight: 84.3 kgs
Current weight: 83.2 kgs (week 3)
Final Goal weight: 65 kgs

Mini Goal weight: 79 kgs
Date: 24th March 17

MMK said:
Definitely not giving up!

I've been away for work for a week. Makes it very hard to have a routine, unfortunately I go away a lot.

I put on another 400g but this morning I was back to where I was.

Will update next Friday when I weigh again.

I'm booked everyday for my classes and ready to get back on track!

Hello MMK! So happy to see that you didn’t give up and still keep going, no matter the + you had. I hope you will get back on track in the best pace you can. I think you need to push a little bit harder to get the result. It’s ok, if you are committed enough and become an anti-weight warrior. Mighty action to you! Looking forward to your next weigh in and hope it will show good results, as the outcome of your hard work! Have a great week!

Oh, MMK, I see you have set a mini-goal. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you to reach it. I am sure you will get at this level and I wish you to get there with all my heart! Best of luck!

Week 4 Update...
Starting Weight: 84.3kgs
Current Weight: 81 kgs

Much better this week!

Reactions: Dee2017
MMK said:
Week 4 Update...
Starting Weight: 84.3kgs
Current Weight: 81 kgs

Much better this week!

Oh hey! Congrats! Looks like your plateau ended! Happy for that!!! or may be you did introduce some changes into your weight loss campaign, as well? Either way, I wish your weigh loss progress to develop and I hope next week will show you even better results. Just remember to be committed to proper eating and physical activity. And don’t forget about the water. =)) Love it that you see the result and it pleases you. Not a single step back now! =))) Have a lovely weekend and a great mood!

Reactions: Kate
Good news MMK! :)
You are moving forward, hence the weight loss. Focus on this result to remind yourself to never give up. Although you did put on some weight, you still have your goal, so it is close. Happy to hear things got better.

Reactions: April
Congratulations on the weight loss :laughing:... .as they say it wont happen overnight but it will happen... stick with it because you can and will do it