Duromine & Mental and Mood Issues

Thanks everyone!
Feeling positive and energised, ready for another great week! :)

Reactions: Dee2017
Oh eyeeeeeey! Love the attitude! Hope, it will help you get into exercising with excitement and the understanding of why you are doing this. New life, healthier you, more opportunities! =)) Best of luck to you and a really really really active week! Looking forward to your updates!

Week 5 Update...

Only lost 100g this week :( quite disappointing as I worked my butt off and ate really well (always logging all food in myfitnesspal)
Starting Weight: 84.3kgs
Current Weight: 80.9kgs

Total Loss to date: 3.4kgs

Kind of thought I would be further along by now, but my pattern seems to be lose a bit one week, nothing the next.

Anyways, one must carry on! :)

MMK said:
Week 5 Update...

Only lost 100g this week :( quite disappointing as I worked my butt off and ate really well (always logging all food in myfitnesspal)
Current Weight: 80.9kgs

Total Loss to date: 3.4kgs

Kind of thought I would be further along by now, but my pattern seems to be lose a bit one week, nothing the next.

Anyways, one must carry on! :)

Hi MMK. I am really happy to hear from you and to know that you keep walking the same steady path towards your goal. I just realize that I have no a slightest idea, what your goal is. Where are heading to? 3.4 kg is a good loss. It is not a gain and I am sure you do see the changes, especially if you exercise so much. And here comes the underwater part of the iceberg. Men are prone to building muscles a lot faster than women. So you might not see a difference on the scales, yet you might see a difference in your overall look, in the way your clothes look on you, in your muscle-fat ratio. You even might lose not more than 5 kg by weight, and become a Hulk. And then you won’t be able to say that you have excess weight. it all depends. It’s so hard to say anything just from verifying your current stats. If you work out at the gym, you might want to try having a PT for a week, and see if that brings any different results. Besides, he will be able to explain the change/no change in weight, because he will see you and will be able to show you what changed. Another good thing to do is to take photos of yourself, and check the difference a week later. Since I have none of these data, I can’t make any conclusions or give any suggestions, especially if you eat properly (small servings and often, not 2 servings of 600 cal per day) and exercise a lot. You do drink well, don’t you? (it’s also important for a weight loss).

Last thing. Did you check your hormone profile? If indeed no changes take place, you should check it and see if everything’s ok in this sphere.

Either way, I bow to you for keeping it up and your willpower! From the bottom of my heart I wish you even higher results for your next weigh in.

PS. If you are more on strength exercises, add a bunch of cardio ones. The mix might work well for you.

Take care!

Hi April, my goal weight is 65kgs. I'm only 164cm (5"4), but i'll be happy to maintain anything under 70kgs.

I definitely feel my clothes feeling more comfortable, so i'm not too concerned what the nasty scales say! My partner is also noticing, so that's also good.:)
I do a mixture of circuit (tabata) barre and TRX. So think that's a pretty good mixture.
Yes I've had my hormones checked and they're all good.

I travel every second week at the moment for work, so that screws my routine up sadly. Just need to make good food choices when i'm not preparing my own food and I've packed my workout gear so I can go to the gym in the hotel.

Very determined to reach my first goal - 79kgs in two weeks time.

VERY DETERMINED!!!

Reactions: April
MMK said:
Hi April, my goal weight is 65kgs. I'm only 164cm (5"4), but i'll be happy to maintain anything under 70kgs.

I definitely feel my clothes feeling more comfortable, so i'm not too concerned what the nasty scales say! My partner is also noticing, so that's also good.:)
I do a mixture of circuit (tabata) barre and TRX. So think that's a pretty good mixture.
Yes I've had my hormones checked and they're all good.

I travel every second week at the moment for work, so that screws my routine up sadly. Just need to make good food choices when i'm not preparing my own food and I've packed my workout gear so I can go to the gym in the hotel.

Very determined to reach my first goal - 79kgs in two weeks time.

VERY DETERMINED!!!

Yeap! The mixture’s good, so I am sure you will be noticing more and more pleasant changes in your muscle and skin tone. =) way to go!

I can understand that it’s hard to keep up with a certain plan when you have to leave, yet you are BRAVO to continue sticking to healthy nutrition while you’re gone.

That’s a deal! 79 kgs two weeks later! Fingers crossed and I have no doubt you’ll be at this weight in two weeks!!!! Have a fantastic day!

Week 6 Update...

400g loss this week. Very ssssssssslllllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww! But an improvement on last week.

Current Weight: 80.5kgs

Total Loss to date: 3.8kgs

Not so sure I'm going to make it to my mini goal this week sadly :( 79kgs is going to be rather difficult. I will be happy if I can see anything under 80!

Not deterred at all, will keep chugging along! :):):)

It is still a loss MMK! And you should be proud of your achievement :) By the way 3.8 kg in 6 weeks not bad at all. You know when it comes to a weight loss, there are no preciseness, it all depends on your individual features of the body and health. Our body is a complex system, and sometimes it works not as we expect but as it "thinks" it's best, you know? I am really happy for you! I can see you're motivated to get under 80 and it's already there, don't push it:p You're doing a fantastic job!

Woohoo!! You’re still going and going good! Steady, slowly (yes) and still STEADY WEIGHT LOSS is way much better than a steady weight gain. If we start thinking differently on this… what it… you would be having the same life style, and would have gained 400 g over the week. Now… you didn’t just NOT GAIN, you lost 400 g, so that means you saved your body from 800 g of fat. =))

I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed that you do get to the mini goal. Yet, no matter how it goes, you are doing great! Have a wonderful day!!!! Keep it up!

Thank you ladies. We're always hard on ourselves!

Week 7 Update...

1kg loss this week! Extremely happy! Didn't quite make my mini goal of 79kgs, but almost! :)

Current Weight: 79.5kgs

Total Loss to date: 4.8kgs

Next mini goal is when I go on holidays. 21.04.17 (4 weeks away) - 77kgs

The only thing I've changed this week is, I was only able to get to two classes since the last weigh in, so I reduced my calories as I wasn't exercising - I did 2 days at 500 calories (5:2 method).

Looking forward to next week! :):):)

Reactions: Dee2017 and April
MMK said:
Week 7 Update...

1kg loss this week! Extremely happy! Didn't quite make my mini goal of 79kgs, but almost! :)

Current Weight: 79.5kgs

Total Loss to date: 4.8kgs

Next mini goal is when I go on holidays. 21.04.17 (4 weeks away) - 77kgs

The only thing I've changed this week is, I was only able to get to two classes since the last weigh in, so I reduced my calories as I wasn't exercising - I did 2 days at 500 calories (5:2 method).

Looking forward to next week! :):):)

Oh hey!! OH YAY!!! Congratulations!!! Yep, so close and so great!!! Well done!

Hmm… Yes, usually lowering or upping your daily caloric value for a day does help promote the weight loss, so well done on that! I am so happy for this success! Way to go! May the next mini goal be achieved even easier! Cheers!

Well! Just when I thought that I was suffering next to no side effects...

My doctor put me on 15mg to start with, just to a) get me used to it and b) as my blood pressure was a little elevated. When I went back two weeks later with no side effects, no extra elevated blood pressure, he gave me a script with the 30mg, saying that I should finish off the 15mg by taking two each day. I took the prescription for a further week till they ran out with no change in how I felt.

Today is the first day of taking the wholly 30mg capsule and whoa! :eek: Three hours later and I am so... jittery/alert/energetic! It was the one side effect that I was hoping for. For years, thanks to my thyroid, I have felt tired, lethargic, exhausted, and to feel this pumped is a beautiful thing :cool::cool:

StarryG said:
Well! Just when I thought that I was suffering next to no side effects...

My doctor put me on 15mg to start with, just to a) get me used to it and b) as my blood pressure was a little elevated. When I went back two weeks later with no side effects, no extra elevated blood pressure, he gave me a script with the 30mg, saying that I should finish off the 15mg by taking two each day. I took the prescription for a further week till they ran out with no change in how I felt.

Today is the first day of taking the wholly 30mg capsule and whoa! :eek: Three hours later and I am so... jittery/alert/energetic! It was the one side effect that I was hoping for. For years, thanks to my thyroid, I have felt tired, lethargic, exhausted, and to feel this pumped is a beautiful thing :cool::cool:

Hey! It’s so cool that you feel that good and all jumping inside! =) You’re lucky to get exactly the side effect you wanted and needed to get going even more actively! I hope that you won’t have to suffer any other side effects from 30 mg.

Keep going great!

PS. Surprised your doc told you to finish 15 mg.. I would leave them for the discontinuation period. Oh well…

Reactions: StarryG
April said:
Hey! It’s so cool that you feel that good and all jumping inside! =) You’re lucky to get exactly the side effect you wanted and needed to get going even more actively! I hope that you won’t have to suffer any other side effects from 30 mg.

Keep going great!

PS. Surprised your doc told you to finish 15 mg.. I would leave them for the discontinuation period. Oh well…

Thanks, April :) I guess he thought there would be no difference between 2x15mg caps and 1x30mg cap. I can do the math and I agree with him, but there is no denying I felt so fabulous today!

Yay, go you. I'm glad things are going well for you x

Week 8 Update...

0.5kg loss this week - very happy with this.

Current Weight: 79kgs

Total Loss to date: 5.3kgs

3 weeks to get into the 77's!

I have the next 3 weekends fully booked with social activities, will be doing my best to make good choices and limit alcohol intake.

Think I might do the 5:2 for the next few weeks and see how I go. :)

Heeey! Fighter! Very well done!

I’m sure you will manage to cope with proper food choices during those social activities. You have to work really hard on eliminating every gram of excess weight, that I am sure you won’t want all your efforts go to waste. You’re an incredibly strong and purposeful person, so don’t let anyone or anything change that, especially some food or alcohol.

Yeah, looks like 5:2 system works well for you. Try it, but don’t starve. Make those 500 cal in those 2 days a week as healthy as possible, so you won’t have to fight extreme hunger. Best of luck with the mini goal. No doubt you’ll hit it!

Have a great week and looking forward to your update! Cheers

Reactions: MMK
Week 9 Update...

0.7kg loss this week - woo hoo!

Current Weight: 78.3kgs

Total Loss to date: 6kgs

I'm optimistic I will get to my mini goal to be in the 77's in two weeks before my holiday. :)

Yay! Congratulations MMK! :laughing::cool:
You will, you definitely will. I am sooo happy for you!