Duromine Day 3

I know how tempting it is to weigh everyday! I had to get my boyfriend to hide my scales this week because I was making myself crazy checking morning, noon and night! Not healthy!

As long as your eating around the same each day! If you skip meals one day but then have 3 the next, your body can store the food as fat to use as energy on the days you don't eat! Hence why you put on weight!

Try keep everyday the same! And don't weigh yourself daily! You will drive yourself crazy!

You're doing great! Think positive and be strong! ;)

I took my first tablet at 8 this morning. for the first 2 hours my hands were numbed. strange feeling anyway. then I felt to drink more water. I had my lunch at 12 (i work and i have a lunch break) and I hade a homemade salad with avocado, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, cucumber and sesame oil. Tonight I dah 1 slice of salmon and brocoli.
I intend to weight on every Wednesday, as I starded on a Wednesday.
Any advices?
Ta

Day 4
Drove up to Melbourne today to see the family. First time going out for dinner and I probably ate more than I should have, but I’ve decided not to beat myself up about it :)

Breakfast: Smoothie with yoghurt, banana, spinach
Snack: Loving Earth raw chocolate
Lunch: 2 pieces of toast with avocado
Snack: Handful of cashews
Dinner: Vegan pho + tried a few other dishes that my parents ordered

Day 5
Been lacking energy lately, have had to have a few naps here and there to keep me going. Still have a dry mouth but it doesn’t bother me as it encourages me to drink more water. Weighed myself before and was 78.9kg…not going to weigh myself again until Thursday, which will mark one week since I’ve been on Duromine.

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana, sunflower seeds and spinach
Snack: Raw vegan peanut butter cup
Lunch:: 4 x vietnamese rice paper rolls
Dinner: Pumpkin, celery and carrot soup with two pieces of bread

Day 6
So I had a really bad day. Took my cat to the vet today to get his flu vaccine, took him home and within 5 minutes he was lying dead underneath the dining table. The vet is unsure of his cause of death...it was all so sudden and I am still in shock. Pretty much ate nothing today, had no appetite. I ate some cashews, one piece spelt crisp bread and a hot chocolate. It feels as though everything has fallen down around me, I'm at a loss of how to feel anymore.

Day 7
Still have no appetite, I have been in bed crying all day. Feeling extremely down, no energy. I know it sounds stupid to get so worked up about a cat, but he was my baby and he made me so happy. Weighed myself today and am 76.3kg. Pretty disappointed as I have read that many other people have lost heaps more weight in their first week. But I guess I am still happy that I am under 77kg...hopefully I can maintain it. Took the dog for a half an hour walk at the beach today. Will play a game of indoor soccer tonight, need to get out of the house.

Am leaving for Adelaide on Sunday to take part in the University Games sports competition, returning next Friday. Not sure how I am going to go about eating healthily, luckily I don't drink alcohol. Not worried about not getting enough exercise though, as we play about 4 x 30 min games every day. Will actually probably need to eat more to replenish all the calories I will be burning. Won't have my laptop so I'll just do one big post when I get back about how I went.

I hope I feel better soon.

Last edited:
Omg I cant believe your cat died so suddenly! I'm so sorry for your loss, I'd be devastated if that happened to one of my babies.

Definitely stop weighing yourself, you'll just get mixed results. Keep it to once a week, think of it as the treat you get after a week of hard work.

As for the small weight loss I'm a bit surprised too as you didn't seem to be eating much but that may also be the problem. Is the vegan eating new? I don't see a lot of protien in your diet other than the occasional shake, protien is what fuels your body and without it you'll find yourself lethargic and possibly storing fat rather than burning it up. If you really can't eat any chicken and fish I'd suggest eating a lot more eggs (egg whites particularly) and any other source of protien you can with every meal. Protien + veges = healthy meal and weight loss. Hopefully with a few changes this second week goes better for you.

So sorry for your little pal, darling! :(
I love cats too, and it's always a huge gap in life when some of them passes away.
But life goes on, and hopefully you will be strong and maintain your long journey and end up with successful results. Because I believe you WILL get the best results you can as you have such a good plan! Sending you a big hug and remember: here you have many friends who are ready to support and listen to you anytime!

Reactions: Nikki
Nikki said:
Day 4
Drove up to Melbourne today to see the family. First time going out for dinner and I probably ate more than I should have, but I’ve decided not to beat myself up about it :)

Breakfast: Smoothie with yoghurt, banana, spinach
Snack: Loving Earth raw chocolate
Lunch: 2 pieces of toast with avocado
Snack: Handful of cashews
Dinner: Vegan pho + tried a few other dishes that my parents ordered

Day 5
Been lacking energy lately, have had to have a few naps here and there to keep me going. Still have a dry mouth but it doesn’t bother me as it encourages me to drink more water. Weighed myself before and was 78.9kg…not going to weigh myself again until Thursday, which will mark one week since I’ve been on Duromine.

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana, sunflower seeds and spinach
Snack: Raw vegan peanut butter cup
Lunch:: 4 x vietnamese rice paper rolls
Dinner: Pumpkin, celery and carrot soup with two pieces of bread

Day 6
So I had a really bad day. Took my cat to the vet today to get his flu vaccine, took him home and within 5 minutes he was lying dead underneath the dining table. The vet is unsure of his cause of death...it was all so sudden and I am still in shock. Pretty much ate nothing today, had no appetite. I ate some cashews, one piece spelt crisp bread and a hot chocolate. It feels as though everything has fallen down around me, I'm at a loss of how to feel anymore.

Day 7
Still have no appetite, I have been in bed crying all day. Feeling extremely down, no energy. I know it sounds stupid to get so worked up about a cat, but he was my baby and he made me so happy. Weighed myself today and am 76.3kg. Pretty disappointed as I have read that many other people have lost heaps more weight in their first week. But I guess I am still happy that I am under 77kg...hopefully I can maintain it. Took the dog for a half an hour walk at the beach today. Will play a game of indoor soccer tonight, need to get out of the house.

Am leaving for Adelaide on Sunday to take part in the University Games sports competition, returning next Friday. Not sure how I am going to go about eating healthily, luckily I don't drink alcohol. Not worried about not getting enough exercise though, as we play about 4 x 30 min games every day. Will actually probably need to eat more to replenish all the calories I will be burning. Won't have my laptop so I'll just do one big post when I get back about how I went.

I hope I feel better soon.
You poor thing!!! It is so bad to loose a pet. People say "get a new one"but they do not realize that it is like a person to some of us. You can not just replace it. Good luck, and all my sympathies, I know what you are going through. Hugs!!

Hi everyone :)
I'm 51 years and weigh 102.7kg with a long term goal of 30 kilos to lose, but am concentrating on the first 10 kilos right now .
I finally realized I seriously needed to lose weight, so sought my doctors help. She was lovely and had no hesitation on starting me on Duromine. Been doing well so far, really enjoy the extra energy I have. Still get hungry but find when I eat I feel full very quickly. Sleep hasn't been too bad, keep waking up but getting enough sleep so far. Haven't been able to go to the gym the last 2 days because of work, so am looking forward to going tomorrow :) I enjoy reading everyone's stories as it keeps me motivated.

Hey Toni63, how are you going?

Hi Duro Damzel
I'm going well thankyou. Weighed in yesterday lost 2 kilos for my first week so happy with that :)
How about you?

Reactions: Tan
Yay that's great! Well I'm on day three, and all side effects seem to have subsided which is good.. I think? I guess a little part of me is paranoid its not working then, but then I remember I don't have cravings so its doing what its supposed to!

Hi T :)
I'm going well thanks. Weigh in was today and lost another kilo! So have lost 3kg in 2 weeks so am happy with that as I always struggle to lose weight, and being menopausal dosen't help lol.
I'm using the fitness pal app which allows me to eat 1500 cal per day, but I usually only have 1200 and then burn 400 calories in the gym. The side affects of d seem to have gone and I do get a bit hungry sometimes but can control it. I seem to have one day a week when I get really really tired and the day is a struggle to do anything, but bounce back the next day. The good thing is no cravings for sweet food or alcohol ;)
So feeling I'm in control with eating healthy and exercising, which hopefully will then be easy to maintain when I stop taking duromine.

Hi all
Thought I'd do a quick weekly update. I lost 1.5kg this week so have now lost 4.5kg in 3 weeks and sooo happy with that. Had a check up with my doctor today and she's very happy with my progress.
Hope all is going well with everyone :)

Toni63 said:
Happy days on 'Weigh in Wednesday' !!!! Have lost 7.1 kg in 5 weeks.:):):)Feeling really good, fitter and stronger and keen to keep going. :laughing:
Go Girl you are doing great

Reactions: Toni63
That's fantastic Toni63!
Reading results like these are really motivating. I'm 4 weeks into my journey and the weightloss is great but just the feeling of eating less, moving more and feeling fit is what keeps me going. I will follow you when I work out how lol, I'm a newbie!

Reactions: Toni63
Congratulations Toni!!! :):):)

That's a good result. And it adds motivation, right? Go girl!:laughing:

Thanks everyone it is motivating when your having good results! Most of all I hope it motivates others as reading everyone's stories helped me to get started. Keep with the program people and we'll be amazed and what we can do :)