Duromine & Insomnia

It is possible. I feel yucky if i dont eat. I get reflux, or a bad taste in my mouth, once i eat something i do feel better. So you arent alone on that one.

Reactions: SleepInTheGarden
How many calories a day does the dietian have you on?

Toni63 said:
How many calories a day does the dietian have you on?
He didn't actually tell me, he gave me a list of foods I can eat for breakfast, lunch,dinner and snacks. So I don't know. At the moment I'm eating around 1700 calories.

Day 6: decided to have a sneaky weigh in, as I was feeling very upset, thinking they weren't working. Still waking up sluggish and at 9:30am.
Lost 2.3 kg!! Feeling so motivated and happy. Finally under 140kg! Yay. Still gonna weigh in on Sunday. But I'd be happy with only 2.3 for the week. I have a dietitians appointment next month and he set a goal of 15kg in three months and if I could smash out 8kilos in the first month, I'd feel very smug :))

Booty said:
Way to go! ! :-D
Thank you! Im thinking maybe after my first month I should go off them to see how I go by myself. And it doesn't go well I still have more on my script

Reactions: Booty
That's great:), just remember that the first week loss is the most impressive. My first week was 2.3kg and the next 3 weeks were about 1kg each week. It's good not to have big expectations in regards to a particular number, any loss is a step toward the big picture. So aim low, like to lose 1kg a week and anything more is a bonus. Remember as you exercise more you may lose less on the scale because you gain muscle. I know you have probably heard this all before, but i have fallen in that trap a few times and fell of the diet wagon. (Nag,nag,nag you can tell I'm a mum lol)
Looking forward to official week 1 weigh in!

Reactions: Booty
Bringingskinnyback said:
That's great:), just remember that the first week loss is the most impressive. My first week was 2.3kg and the next 3 weeks were about 1kg each week. It's good not to have big expectations in regards to a particular number, any loss is a step toward the big picture. So aim low, like to lose 1kg a week and anything more is a bonus. Remember as you exercise more you may lose less on the scale because you gain muscle. I know you have probably heard this all before, but i have fallen in that trap a few times and fell of the diet wagon. (Nag,nag,nag you can tell I'm a mum lol)
Looking forward to official week 1 weigh in!
Thanks :) I will keep that in mind, I just figured cause I have so much too lose it might come off quicker. I'd still be happy with 1 kilo though, it's better than nothing. My sister in law lost 30kilos in 5 months and she did it by herself. My birthday is in 5 months so I'm setting my goal for 25kilos. Is that realistic?

I have read posts where people have achieved it. Make sure you are healthy* its not always about the number, its about how you feel. X

Reactions: Bringingskinnyback
You have a goal, i say go for it. Even if you dont make it, it wont be too far from your grasp* x

Yep, that's possible and a realistic goal. But yeah given your start weight you might lose a lot quicker, just don't count on it in case it doesn't happen that way.

SleepInTheGarden said:
Thanks :) I will keep that in mind, I just figured cause I have so much too lose it might come off quicker. I'd still be happy with 1 kilo though, it's better than nothing. My sister in law lost 30kilos in 5 months and she did it by herself. My birthday is in 5 months so I'm setting my goal for 25kilos. Is that realistic?
If you keep motivated and on target I think that you should be able to achieve 25kg in 5mths. Setting goals are a great motivator as you have some thing to work towards. I lost 22kg in 3mths my start weight was 118kg. Just dont be discouraged if some weeks you have little losses as they all add up in the end and will make you try harder the next week. Good luck. T xx

Way to go your off to a flying start!!!! Keep using the fitness pal app as people who track their food have the greatest success at weight loss. Take your beautiful baby out for walks in the pram and you'll be shedding the kilos. Keep a vision ahead of time of your goal in 5 months and how fab you'll look and it'll be here before you know it:))
Good luck xx

Toni63 said:
Way to go your off to a flying start!!!! Keep using the fitness pal app as people who track their food have the greatest success at weight loss. Take your beautiful baby out for walks in the pram and you'll be shedding the kilos. Keep a vision ahead of time of your goal in 5 months and how fab you'll look and it'll be here before you know it:))
Good luck xx

Does Ebony have a baby? I don't remember reading that, but I must admit eating low carb does make me a little spacey at times.

tanlucer said:
If you keep motivated and on target I think that you should be able to achieve 25kg in 5mths. Setting goals are a great motivator as you have some thing to work towards. I lost 22kg in 3mths my start weight was 118kg. Just dont be discouraged if some weeks you have little losses as they all add up in the end and will make you try harder the next week. Good luck. T xx
We're you on duromine the whole time? And that is awesome! Well done!

Thank Toni! Hopefully the weather will pick up so we can go for walks and yea I have a beautiful baby girl 14 months old :))

Oh, sorry I missed you were mum to a young one. It makes the exercise a little more challenging, but like Toni said put bub in the pram and head off for walks. Music is the best motivation I think, find a good walking track and listen to music with a good beat. Time flies by when walking to music, and most bubs love a walk in the pram.

so glad to hear about your loss Ebony

Week 1 complete.
Start weight 142.2kg
Current 139.5kg
Loss: 2.8 kilos!
Safe to say I'm pretty happy with that. It's not much. But if I put it down to this: 5 month to lose 25kg = 5 kilos a month. So I'm over halfway there this month.

You go girl!!!! Great start keep up the good work x