Duromine Month 1

:)Good day all.

Everyone calls me T`gal, am 35 south african..... it has been 4 weeks since I started taking D and I must say I am happy with result. My SW 97kg CW 90.5 mini goal somewhere in the 80`s GW 75-70 kg. Total loss 6.5kg.

1st few days i started having insomnia and feeling little dizzy and all that disappeared. Lucky me.lol. I exercise 4-5 days a week doing yoga, pilates, boot camp swimming and taking long walks. It hasn't been easy and am sure its not about to get any easier but reading all the post from here is keeping me motivated. I am really grateful to be part of this support group. You guys rooocks!!!! I will try and post my weekly updates. :):)

Reactions: MummaJ and Mytle
Good on you hope you go well with it I am on day 2 can't excercise due to spinal injuries at the moment. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Reactions: T`gal
Good job, T'gal! Any loss admires me actually, because it is a proof of commitment, strong willpower and hard work. And you lost 6.5 kg!! Congrats!
I wish everybody would understand the importance of exercises in weight loss, as you do. Tell me please, are you planning to continue some of them afterwards? I would appreciate your opinion. Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: T`gal
Way to go, T'gal!!! You're doing so well!!! It sounds like all of your hard work is really paying off :) I am looking forward to hearing how the rest of your journey goes.

Myrtle - Oh bummer, you poor thing (re: spinal injuries). Duromine should help curb your appetite though and make it a lot easier to make good food choices - which is really one of the hardest and important battles with weight loss and lifestyle change. Are there any physio exercises you can do, or is it still early days with the injuries?

Wishing you all the best of luck!!!

Reactions: T`gal and April
Hey T’gal! Congrats with your thread and CONGRATULATIONS with your great weight loss! All the hard work paid off and you are going for another circle of weight loss process! Best of luck for that and hope your attitude and decisiveness keep building up (as well as your muscles =)) )! You’ve almost reached your mini goal and I am sure it’s soon to be hit! Keep it up and thanks for the nice words! With this weight loss, you’re a rock star! =)) have a great day and week!

Bam Bam said:
Way to go, T'gal!!! You're doing so well!!! It sounds like all of your hard work is really paying off :) I am looking forward to hearing how the rest of your journey goes.

Myrtle - Oh bummer, you poor thing (re: spinal injuries). Duromine should help curb your appetite though and make it a lot easier to make good food choices - which is really one of the hardest and important battles with weight loss and lifestyle change. Are there any physio exercises you can do, or is it still early days with the injuries?

Still too early, any suggestions that you may have heard from others regarding types of foods that they feel or yourself that speed things along or worked better with taking Duromine.

Mytle said:
Still too early, any suggestions that you may have heard from others regarding types of foods that they feel or yourself that speed things along or worked better with taking Duromine.
Have physio ×2 per week.

MytleMytle said:
Good on you hope you go well with it I am on day 2 can't excercise due to spinal injuries at the moment. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Hi Mytle...sorry to hear about your spinal injuries....wishing you speedy recovery. Even if you cant exercise due to your injuries you can still loss weight by eating healthy(dont skip any meal even if you dont feel hungry) and drinking lots and lots of water.= I drink about 3-4 litres per day sometimes I add fresh lemons. Take care and remember we are herefor each other.

Kate said:
Good job, T'gal! Any loss admires me actually, because it is a proof of commitment, strong willpower and hard work. And you lost 6.5 kg!! Congrats!
I wish everybody would understand the importance of exercises in weight loss, as you do. Tell me please, are you planning to continue some of them afterwards? I would appreciate your opinion. Keep up the good work :)
Hi Kate....
Thanks you so much, the support here is amazing and am glad I stumble across this support group when I was actually checking duromine side effects...lol
I will definitely continue with my exercises I enjoy swimming(can you believe I learned how to swim last year and I love it) yoga and walking. And now I know and believe exercising and being healthy leads to happier me. And it doesn't feel like am forced anymore.

:)
Bam Bam said:

Thank you Bam Bam... :)
I'm more determined than ever to reach my goal. Pushing hard!!!!
How are you doing?

April said:
Hey T’gal! Congrats with your thread and CONGRATULATIONS with your great weight loss! All the hard work paid off and you are going for another circle of weight loss process! Best of luck for that and hope your attitude and decisiveness keep building up (as well as your muscles =)) )! You’ve almost reached your mini goal and I am sure it’s soon to be hit! Keep it up and thanks for the nice words! With this weight loss, you’re a rock star! =)) have a great day and week!

Hi April...

Mwaaah mwaah....you are so kind. Thanks again for the words of encouragement. :):):)

T`gal said:
:)

Thank you Bam Bam... :)
I'm more determined than ever to reach my goal. Pushing hard!!!!
How are you doing?

Hi T'gal :)
I am recovering from Glandular Fever, but I feel like I am on the mend - yay! I am getting excited about getting back on the health wagon :)
You are doing so well! I have no doubt that you are going to reach your goal xx

Hey there T’gal! How was your weekend? Did you manage to stay away from all the goodies that were trying to invade you mind? =)) A neww working week and I wish you to have a very very active week, as well as inspiring results of your weight loss adventure! ;)

Vanished! You simply vanished. Is everything ok? =) Or you’re exercising so much that don’t have enough energy to type? =)) Just kidding. How’s your second month on Duromine going? Getting the same inspiring results and putting the same extreme efforts to keep up to a good eating and exercising plan? Hope on hearing from you soon and wish a fantastic day! :laughing:

Hey guys, I just joined up to the site and saw many people keeping a log of their progress on here so I thought I would do the same. I was originally 86kg but I lost 16kg on my own, but these last 6 months I have stayed at 70kg. Eating 1200cal, very strict and very healthy. 20% Carb, 40% Fat and 40% Protein. 20-70mins a day of HIIT workouts. Only ever missed 2 days in the last 2 months. But I hit a brick wall and didn't lose a gram for 2 whole months, so I went to the doctor. She did blood work, everything was fine apart from my liver function was a little low. I put that down to the two years before I started, I was a heavy drinker, but I gave all that up. So she proscribed me Duromine.

Ok so here are my stats:

Height: 5'3"
Starting weight: 69.1kg
Start date: 12/6/17
Wished goal: 55kg
Realistic goal: 60kg

Ok it's been 3 days now at the moment I am sitting on 69.7, I've been watching each day the scales going up 69.3, 69.5 and today 69.7. Very disappointing start, but I'm just putting it down to not sleeping. I've been getting only 2-3 hours sleep at night and I never lose when I don't sleep. I'll weigh again on day 7 and see where I'm at. Gosh I hope this works, I don't know what else to do other then starving myself. :(

Updates:

Week 1
After a bit of a weight gain I finally lost
Weight: 68.0kg
So including the weight gain I lost a total of 1.7kg Yay!

Week 2
Now much this week. Only .5kg :(
Weight: 67.5kg
Lost a total of 2.2kg.

Week 3
Nothing this week. :(
Weight: 67.5kg
Lost a total of 2.2kg.

Week 4
1.2kg loss this week!
Weight: 66.3kg
Lost a total of 3.4kg.

I am at the end of my prescription I'll let you know if my doctor puts me on it again.

Hello Sammie! Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your own thread. I hope you will solve the issue of retained water and continue your journey. I already answered you in the shoutbox, and I will repeat it again here just to make sure you don’t miss this. If your water retention problem doesn’t pass tomorrow, you should address to the doctor. Besides, you feel discouraged that you gained weight. Of course, you did – water!

Let’s hope, everything will be fine and you will continue your journey. I just wrote a post to the user, who has the same plateau problem. If your weight stopped at some point and doesn’t move at all for a long time, means you need to change something for a short period of time, like for a day or two. I mean to increase or lower your food intake. If you usually consume 1200 cal a day, add 10-20% in a day, and continue for three days at 1200 cal, then lower the caloric value by 10-20%, and then continue with your usual 1200 cal. This should work. 70 minutes of HIIT workouts might be too much for such a scarce nutritional value of your menu. You might be losing a lot more, if you start eating 1500 calories on days, when you exercise 40-70 minutes, and 1200 calories on days when you don’t exercise more than 30 minutes. Or exercise every other day.

Sleep, of course, is an important factor. Your body already seems to be exhausted and now the lack of sleep… Hopefully this side effect of Duromine subsides in a couple of days and you will be able to have some decent rest. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! You deserve to achieve the success, since you already know you are a strong woman. You managed to defeat your bad habit, and I am sure you will manage to defeat excess weight. Best of luck!

Reactions: Sammie
April said:
Hello Sammie! Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your own thread. I hope you will solve the issue of retained water and continue your journey. I already answered you in the shoutbox, and I will repeat it again here just to make sure you don’t miss this. If your water retention problem doesn’t pass tomorrow, you should address to the doctor. Besides, you feel discouraged that you gained weight. Of course, you did – water!

Let’s hope, everything will be fine and you will continue your journey. I just wrote a post to the user, who has the same plateau problem. If your weight stopped at some point and doesn’t move at all for a long time, means you need to change something for a short period of time, like for a day or two. I mean to increase or lower your food intake. If you usually consume 1200 cal a day, add 10-20% in a day, and continue for three days at 1200 cal, then lower the caloric value by 10-20%, and then continue with your usual 1200 cal. This should work. 70 minutes of HIIT workouts might be too much for such a scarce nutritional value of your menu. You might be losing a lot more, if you start eating 1500 calories on days, when you exercise 40-70 minutes, and 1200 calories on days when you don’t exercise more than 30 minutes. Or exercise every other day.

Sleep, of course, is an important factor. Your body already seems to be exhausted and now the lack of sleep… Hopefully this side effect of Duromine subsides in a couple of days and you will be able to have some decent rest. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! You deserve to achieve the success, since you already know you are a strong woman. You managed to defeat your bad habit, and I am sure you will manage to defeat excess weight. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your reply April!

The water retention is going down and has all but gone now. So lucky!
My doctor told me the same thing about the cal intake might be a bit low. So I upped my food intake for a few days and yesterday brought it back to 1200cal. Today I am back to 69.1kg, I do suspect that it was water weight. I slept ok last night with the help of a sleeping aid, I will try no sleeping aid tonight, I don't like using them. Getting under that 69kg is going to be a huge step, been stuck for so long. I will keep you updated.

Oh thank God! You scared me, to tell the truth. I really always fear of any uncommon side effects. I am a bit on the panicky side. Wow! I am glad your doctor is a good doctor and didn’t suggest lowering the cal intake, like some doctors do (no idea what’s in their heads).

So looking forward to the moment when you say that you’re finally out of 69. I know how it feels, so I will keep my fingers crossed, and all the rest that can be crossed. Somehow, I feel that when you see the scales show less than 69, your attitude changes and you will begin losing weight a lot more efficiently. Let’s see. Best of luck and a lovely day!

April said:
Oh thank God! You scared me, to tell the truth. I really always fear of any uncommon side effects. I am a bit on the panicky side. Wow! I am glad your doctor is a good doctor and didn’t suggest lowering the cal intake, like some doctors do (no idea what’s in their heads).

So looking forward to the moment when you say that you’re finally out of 69. I know how it feels, so I will keep my fingers crossed, and all the rest that can be crossed. Somehow, I feel that when you see the scales show less than 69, your attitude changes and you will begin losing weight a lot more efficiently. Let’s see. Best of luck and a lovely day!

Well I finally did start losing I'm now sitting on 68.0kg so far. So not a bad start. :laughing:

Last edited:
WOOOHOOO!!! YAY! The train started moving! So happy for you, Sammie! Keep it up and have a wonderful day!