Duromine Month 1

Hi Sammie! How did the previous week go for you? Still on the positive side and ready for some action? Enjoy the new week and I wish you even more inspiring results!

April said:
Hi Sammie! How did the previous week go for you? Still on the positive side and ready for some action? Enjoy the new week and I wish you even more inspiring results!

Only lost .5kg this week, but still pushing forward. :)

A loss is a loss, and it’s great! Just remember how long your weight was at the same place over and over… did you do any measurements? They are also great to track the progress. Well done on pushing forward. High five! A lovely day to you!

No weight loss this week. :(

And no weight gain either. So that’s good. This does happen to many people. Usually, on week 2 or 3. Stay consistent and it will begin moving again.

When you have time and if you have the desire, write, please, what you do and how you eat, how much water you consume. Let’s see, what’s going on.

Don’t get discouraged, Sammie! From the very beginning, you don’t have THAT much weight to lose, so it is normal to have a slower progress. Our body always tends to give up the last kilos with hardest fight. You can do it!

I lost 1.2kg loss this week! I have finished my prescription, I'll let you know if my doctor puts me back on it. I don't think I lost in week 3 because I got my period that week and I naturally gain normally in that week and lose it again.

Oh WOW! Such a great weight loss! So what is the overall amount of kilos you managed to shed during the first month? In fact, I am sure it is a lot more important for you that you have finally managed to shift your weight from that dead point. Congratulations, Sammie!

If you want to get another month on Duromine, then I will keep my fingers crossed your doc prescribes it to you. How do you feel, by the way? Any unpleasant sensations? Does the appetite suppression still work?

A lovely day and mood to you!

It's been about 10 days after Duromine. I gained a little bit of weight after and went up to 66.8kg but 500g isn't much of a gain really. I already had a small appetite before I started so I didn't think I would gain much back. About 3 days ago my weight started to plummet and now I'm down to 65.8. It was all fat loss too, even gained some muscle and water weight! (Love my body analyzer1, love love love it!). This all while I'm not on the tablet. Could the tablet have helped quicken my metabolism up? Because I feel I'm eating a bit more then before and still loosing. The first 6 days after I had nose bleeds every day, it was horrible. Is that common?

Hello, Sammie! Great news from you, thanks for sharing! Well, I am not sure if you are still going through the metabolism boost that Duromine might have caused, yet the fact that you have gained muscle and eat a bit more than you used to eat makes me believe that your metabolic rate did get higher. You see, many people, who are going through a clever weight loss program, do not lower their food intake drastically, and up it a bit instead + exercise. Thus, you fuel your body well, while bigger muscles help you burn more calories even at rest. Seems to me you have achieved a perfect ratio of food intake-exercising. Just remember, as the weight gets smaller, you might consider lowering the food intake little by little.

Did not hear about the nose bleeds, though, after a small research, I did find that it is one of infrequent side effects of Duromine, so yes, it could have caused these. Did you check your blood pressure just in case?

All in all, Sammie, my opinion is that your short Duromine journey was a huge success, and it seems to me that now you know your body a lot better and are capable of moving great without Duromine! You are so BRAVO! I am extremely happy for you from the bottom of my heart! Stay healthy, happy and always positive about your forces! Take care!

Hi. I have been on duromine for almost a month. I was prescribed by my doc after gaining weight (again) on antidepressants (lovan 20mg) I have been calorie counting and following a exercise regime which includes toning and cardio. I am failing though! I only lost 2kgs in the first 3 weeks and then gained them back in the 4th week!!! I have logged EVERY SINGLE calorie... Even when I have just one jelly bean. I am using my fitbit Charge HR 2 to track everything. I exercise 4-5 days a week. I have quit smoking, I am cut down on drinking and I have not eaten anything enjoyable for weeks. I need some reassurance that all of this is not in vain. The lack of progress has just made my anxiety and self loathing reach a whole new level. I have made another doc appointment and an appointment with a counsellor because I am at a point of surrender.

Reactions: Emily13975
Counting carbs to? I just recently started duromine and my friend is like a nutritionist so i get all me advise and food plans from her!! Been going to the gym early in the mornings and eating 3 small meals a day plus snacks like fruit or a handful of nuts and lots of water! Only been on it for 3 days and lost 2.5kg!! Some people are different though so hang in there and seek help from your doctor and ask what your not doing right?

Reactions: leighp085
I drink sooo much water! And my fitbit tracks everything, it shows me carbs, protein and fat. I am going to see my doc this week. She didn't give me much direction at my first appointment so maybe I can get some better advice.

Yeah when i went to the doctor he was just like “i can perscribe you duromine” i asked what it did and he told me if supresses your appitite and thats it!!! Everything i know about duromine, i got off the internet! I have researched it that much!

I have no side effects as of yet only that its helping me loose weight and im not as hungry! But hopefully the doctor gives you some insight! Unlike my doctor

Leighp085, hi! How is it going? Did the doctor give you any advice?

So I’m 4 weeks In and only lost 7.2kg. Getting a bit demotivated seeing my last week looks like I’m freaking at a stand still... not sure to stop a day and restart or keep going..... :(

Hi! Losing 7.2kg in 4 weeks is actually really good! I had the same result at my 4-week mark. I also did hit a major weight loss slump at that point. My main issue was eating too little. I used to only get around 700 calories per day and I used to do intensive exercise 3 times a week as well. Try counting your calories and change your diet accordingly to ensuring you get at least 1000-1200 calories a day. Also, what is your exercise like? Excercise is also really helpful to get out of that plateau.

Reactions: April and Mim6
MeeMee said:
Hi! Losing 7.2kg in 4 weeks is actually really good! I had the same result at my 4-week mark. I also did hit a major weight loss slump at that point. My main issue was eating too little. I used to only get around 700 calories per day and I used to do intensive exercise 3 times a week as well. Try counting your calories and change your diet accordingly to ensuring you get at least 1000-1200 calories a day. Also, what is your exercise like? Excercise is also really helpful to get out of that plateau.

Thanks meemee, I’ve been having digestive issues, diarrhoea, which resulted in hemroids that prevented me from doing any activity this week :( makes it even more frustrating. Usually I walk at least half an hour every day and 2 times an hour cardio per week. I’m tracking my calorie intake and hit about 1000 cal a day. I think I’m just scared this is it while I still have over 14kg to lose. How far in are you and what is your progress?

Reactions: MeeMee
(As weird as it is) I can relate to your pain (I had hemorrhoids as well and they're extremely painful). I have lost 19.1kg so far (in 13 weeks) and I have around 17 kg to go (I don't really have a proper end goal).
For exercise, I highly recommend weight training (even if it's just using light dumbells). Along with cardio, doing weights really helps shed fat (and build muscle too!)
I actually have my own thread here where I post updates every week. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: April and Mim6