Hi Cheska. You should not be angry or upset. It’s a normal thing that your scales show higher weight on “these days”. Female body tends to retain water and, of course, you seem to weigh in with a different result. Stop being sad and continue with your plan! Take care!

Hi April and Kate, thanks for your replies. Well weight loss has been great this week, I have lost 2kgs! Very excited! However, last night I had some very strange chest pains, they came on all of a sudden. High up in the middle of my chest and into my throat, crushing pain like I couldn't breathe. At first I thought it might have been indigestion but it has continued on to today. So I have stopped taking the Duromine and booked in an appointment with my doc. Unfortunately the first appointment I could get is for Monday so I will have to wait until then to ask the doc what to do. Feeling very disappointed as I was just getting over all the other side effects and was feeling great, but this pain actually scared me a little bit. Hopefully doc will say it is ok to continue but we'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted!

2016Cheska2016 said:
Hi April and Kate, thanks for your replies. Well weight loss has been great this week, I have lost 2kgs! Very excited! However, last night I had some very strange chest pains, they came on all of a sudden. High up in the middle of my chest and into my throat, crushing pain like I couldn't breathe. At first I thought it might have been indigestion but it has continued on to today. So I have stopped taking the Duromine and booked in an appointment with my doc. Unfortunately the first appointment I could get is for Monday so I will have to wait until then to ask the doc what to do. Feeling very disappointed as I was just getting over all the other side effects and was feeling great, but this pain actually scared me a little bit. Hopefully doc will say it is ok to continue but we'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted!

Hi Cheska. First of all, congrats on your first weight loss results!

And, of course, I am sorry you had this pain and had to stop Duromine, yet it is the right thing to do! Until you get to your doctor, try to comply with your regime. If everything’s fine, and the doctor tell you it’s ok to keep taking Duromine, you don’t want to start from the very beginning and again work on losing those 2 kilos, right? =)) Take care and have a nice weekend. Looking forward to your news!

Hello to you Cheska! How are you doing? I am worried about your health. You said you had an appointment with your doctor on Monday, and that was last Monday… and no news since then. Is everything ok? Hope, everything’s well, and you are still determined to lose weight, be it with or without Duromine. Best of luck to you!

Hi all
I am a newbie almost 40 mother of 3 with 30kgs to lose. I am hoping durine gives me the boost i need. Hope this is my answer!!!

rawells said:
He Bella.
I'm a newbie too....and I'm needing to loose 30kgs as well. Good luck.
Good luck to you too...!! My starting weight is 109.3!!!kgs

Hi Bella! Welcome to the forum and I would like to wish you a smooth journey with Duromine. Do you have any dieting and exercising plan to stick to during this 3-month course?

You don’t have to immediately start exercising 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, you know. Start small and let your body get stronger. Take care and best of luck to you!

Hi Everyone,
I have just been prescribed duromine 40mg by my doctor who has recommended I look at taking it for three months.
I would like to lose around 20kg to get into my healthy range. I have previously lost 15 kg through exercise and healthy eating but have started to regain weight so I hope this helps to get me to my goal.

Has anyone got any before and after photos they can share with me ?

You can check into this section

User Albums

and here are a couple of threads I found with photos.

Week 10

My experience

There are more threads like this, and there are photos on the blogs section, as well. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tash85
April said:
You can check into this section

User Albums

and here are a couple of threads I found with photos.

Week 10

My experience

There are more threads like this, and there are photos on the blogs section, as well. Good luck!
Thanks April, I couldn't find any with photos but have only started using this forum so am not used to the search functions yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: April
Hi April
Trying to excersise 5 days a week...mainly treadmill. Food i have cut out all sugar and trying to just eat smaller portions

Hi Bella! Well done! If I may, I would also suggest you to consume all starchy foods only in the first part of the day to give your body enough time for digesting them without depositing on your sides.

As for exercises… cardio is great, still a more rapid weight loss requires at least some strength training. Take plank exercises. They are good and don’t take much time. Stretching at the end of your treadmill session also helps to model your body and tone the skin. Best of luck and don’t forget to drink enough water!

Hi Bella! I wish you good luck and pleasant weight loss journey, wish you see only the positive changes and feel great all along the path with Duromine. I like your start and agree with April - she knows everything about proper diet and exercises. Strength and stretching are my key exercises that burnt most of my fat (I just can't tolerate cardio very well))) Small steps at a time work best! :)

Happy Easter, Bella! How was your weekend?

Ash Mac said:
Can you please tell me the name of the doctor in Adelaide that prescribed?
Just wondering if you have found a doctor in Adelaide?

Hi everyone!
I'm starting Duromine 40mg tomorrow morning and have spent today looking for support groups online, and came across this page!
I wanted to use this forum to help keep myself accountable, so I may as well make an introduction;
I'm Kate, 33 from Sydney. I've always struggled a bit with my weight (gaining and losing the same 10kgs) as I have had PCOS since a teenager. My weight got up to 80kgs a few years back and I worked really hard to get down to 69kgs. It was at this point that I found out I was pregnant - with twins! Obviously it was a bit of a shock as my husband and I hadn't planned it whatsoever!! LOL. So fast forward to now and we have two beautiful children and everything is fantastic - everything, except my weight. I'm now at 106kgs - the heaviest I have ever been and I am miserable. Because of my PCOS, I was finding it really difficult to lose weight on my own, so my doctor prescribed me Duromine 40mg, that I'll be starting first thing tomorrow!!
I'll be visiting my doctor every Monday for weigh-ins, so I'll keep updating this thread regularly!! Can't wait to chat to others who are on the same journey!!!

Height: 166cm
SW: 106kg
GW: 69kg

First mini goal is to be under 100!

Hello MrsKateP from another Kate:)

Welcome to the family and good luck with your new journey! So happy for you having your wonderful twins! But now it's time to think of yourself a little bit, so they were happy for you too. You are lucky your doctor was kind to prescribe the pills, because we all know not all of them support Duromine. Although I am a little bit concerned you got the prescription for 40 mg from the very beginning, it is kinda strong dose. Ah well, your doctor knows best. Just be careful and monitor your state every single day to be able to prevent / stop any strange or bad body reactions (I hope you won't have any).

You've started from the right point by setting a mini goal - it is always better to start with mini goals and achive them step by step. Therefore, I am certain you will easily hit your first one - under 100 kg during the first month on Duromine. Just be patient, don't push it and make sure you stick to a healthy low calorie diet, increase your physical activity and drink a lot of water! Fingers crossed for you and sending you lots of postive vibes:laughing:;)!

Reactions: April
Hello MrsKateP! Welcome to the forum and welcome into a new life journey! =) Hope your weight loss experience will make you a happier, stronger and more confident person. Best wishes to your wonderful twins and all the best wishes for your success!!! Will be following your updates, if that’s fine! And, of course, make sure you listen to Kate’s tips. Cheers!

Hello Kate! How is it going? Is the process on and rolling? =)) I hope your doctor did help you develop a good eating plan, and told you about the importance of increased physical activity, as well as proper hydration. Take care and hope on hearing from you soon!