You may need a stronger dosage. As your pharmacist if it will be safe to take two 15mg. I think it will be OK but rather make sure.

julsey said:
Thank you I'm just starting so I guess I should give it time. But as it is so expensive was hoping I could take two 15 mg to make the 30 mg as the 15 is not doing much for me

I have been on it for 2 and a half months. And haven't lost anything. I only get a little bit of a dry mouth and notice I don't eat as much. I really only eat my three meals a day and depending on what I am doing snack through out on fruit or nuts. I walk nearly every day (if not raining) I see a PT once a week and I do dance class 2 times a week. And nothing has moved. I was on 30g and coz two months and nothing we moved to 40g. Yet even thou it's two weeks on 40g, still nothing. I sleep fine! I tend to get exsursted real quick when I do a work out. I am getting really frustrated coz this year I just keep putting on even when I was keep on top of my health and fitness and wanted some extra help. And does t seem to be working. I haven't even lost 0.5kg. My doctor thought it was weird why we went up to 40g. And it is the highest we can go! I just want this extra weight to go away!!

Danielle F said:
Has anyone else been taking duromine and not seen their weight move??
I am eating practically nothing, like 2 protein bars a day AND i work as a waitress, so am running around for around 10 hours a day and my weight STILL has not budged, its been 4 weeks! I'm so confused!! anyone else had this???
Your body's going into starvation mode because your not eating! Find out how many calories you need and stick to that

HI, i am on 30mg for the past 2 weeks, first week i went on the military diet, just to jump start it as i also had a wedding on that Friday. but now that the wedding is finished, i went back to my healthy eating habits, and on a 1200 calorie diet. been drinking 3 liters of water a day and maybe more sometimes a little less depending on the day.. but i weighed in today and i have picked up 3kgs. since my first weigh in. feeling very despondent. I have also not had my period.. am about 4 days late.. any advice please. I have also been at gym everyday this week. and was at gym 3 times last week.

You have to eat minimum 1.200 calories a day. even if the thought of eating repulses you, you have to eat. otherwise if by some mirical you do loose weight eating nothing on duromine.. the week you come off it and get hungry and eat even healthy food you will put it all back on quicker than you lost it. duromine should be used as an aid to correct lifestyle choices and train the tummy. when i was on duromine ( recently gone back on again) i didn't do anything im not prepared to do forever.. i didnt work out like crazy... i ate well while still eating the stuff i love because im not willing to go without forever.. this way when you come off duromine you will have the same routines or habbits.

Hi guys,
I'm new to all of this so any advice is appreciated.

Im 83kg, seven months since having my daughter. I was 71kg before getting pregnant which had crept up from 65kg over the past few years. 168cm tall.

I work out regularly and my problem is food not lack of exercise.

I've just finished my first week on 15mg and have lost no weight.

I didn't really feel much effect from taking the pills, a little more alert a little less hungry. I've been trying really hard to eat small meals and thoyght I'd done really well this week, so super gutted to see no result.

Has anyone else started out slow and then found improvements further on?

My Dr has given me a month of 15mg then another month at 30mg.

Hi Joey! It might happen so that you will see the results starting with next week. However, you always can discuss with your doctor the possibility of getting your 30 mg earlier, and to leave the rest of 15 mg for the period when you will be discontinuing Duromine.

Either way, keep up to healthy eating. And best of luck!!!

Ps. Hope you are not breastfeeding? You can’t take Duromine if you are. Take care

Hi Joey! How are you today? Been thinking about you… do you drink enough water? And… if you have been working out in the same way for a long time, and you see no results, you might need to change something… on the other hand, if you have been exercising too intense, you might have built some muscles and this is what doesn’t let the sales show lower digits. Try measuring yourself. Sometimes, you don’t see any changes on the scales, and see drastic changes in your circumferences. Good luck and chin up! You can do it!

Hi April. Thanks for your support and suggestions. I have lost two kg so far which has taken three weeks. Guess I though it might have been a tad quicker than that, but in the skem of things if it keeps going down I'll be happy.

Trying to make sure I get plenty of water thanks.

No not Breastfeeding either, I stopped when I went back to work.

Thanks for your help.

Joey said:
Hi April. Thanks for your support and suggestions. I have lost two kg so far which has taken three weeks. Guess I though it might have been a tad quicker than that, but in the skem of things if it keeps going down I'll be happy.

Trying to make sure I get plenty of water thanks.

No not Breastfeeding either, I stopped when I went back to work.

Thanks for your help.

HI Joey, I have been on Duromine for a month and have lost 2.5kgs, I was hoping for faster results like I keep reading about on here but as you say at least we are losing. This week-my 4th week and I have had to have a few days off it due to continued side effects-sleeping still a bit hit and miss but also got really constipated (sorry if that's too much info!!!) but will start again in the next day or 2 when all that is sorted!

Reactions: April
Hi Joey! How are feeling? How is it going?

Hello Joey, how is it moving? Any improvements?

Joey, hello! How are you doing? I wonder if you still keep to the weight loss plan and see any results. Did you up the dose already? Are you on 30 mg, as it was planned?

Started using Duromine two weeks back but I have not lost weight? What is happening? What could be the problem? Please advise

Hello Grace! I am sorry you don’t see any results so far. However, I can not give you any suggestions until you provide at least some information about your weight loss program.. would really appreciate it, and I am sure many people will come to give some tips based on their own experience. Best wishes

Hello!
New to the forum, I started taking Duromine 30mg 6 days ago after a constant battle with my weight and finding myself losing all motivation.
I was hesitant to start as I read all of the side effects, but decided to give it a go.

So far, I have had no side effects whatsoever, but I have also lost no weight.
Has this happened to anyone else?

I eat a balanced diet, around 1200 calories a day, drink 2L of water a day, and do a boxing class 3 times a week.

I will continue with the rest of the month but its pretty disheartening!

Hello Lucindle! Welcome to the forum! Let’s get straight to your questions. And I have a couple of questions for you, too.

Did you cut the caloric value of your daily menu when you started taking Duromine or some time earlier? Were you eating a lot more than 1200 calories? How did your nutrition actually change with the beginning of the course? Exercises changed or you have been doing the boxing class for a while now? Do you eat the same 1200 calories on days when you exercise? Do you drink more water on days when you exercise? Can you increase your water intake by 0.5-0.7 liter?

And now CONGRATS on no side effects! It’s a rare thing! Chin up, I am sure we will figure together what you can do to move the weight from this point. Btw, what is your weight and how much do you need to lose?

April said:
Hello Lucindle! Welcome to the forum! Let’s get straight to your questions. And I have a couple of questions for you, too.

Did you cut the caloric value of your daily menu when you started taking Duromine or some time earlier? Were you eating a lot more than 1200 calories? How did your nutrition actually change with the beginning of the course? Exercises changed or you have been doing the boxing class for a while now? Do you eat the same 1200 calories on days when you exercise? Do you drink more water on days when you exercise? Can you increase your water intake by 0.5-0.7 liter?

And now CONGRATS on no side effects! It’s a rare thing! Chin up, I am sure we will figure together what you can do to move the weight from this point. Btw, what is your weight and how much do you need to lose?

Hi April
My current weight is: 83kg
Starting goal weight: 70kg
Overall goal weight: 65kg
Height: 170cm

I have always tried to stick to a diet around 1200 with my main meals but have a problem with binging late at night ruining the day! That would include crisps, shapes, tim tams, malteasers anything I felt like. I've completely cut them out now, although the cravings are still strong. At the moment I'm mainly eating a low-carb diet.

With exercise, I used to weight train and do cardio 4-5 times a week but lost all motivation as winter came and have just started doing the boxing classes again about 3 weeks ago. When I was exercising regularly my weight would always be pretty steady, often yo-yoing between a few kilos, but as I lost that motivation all the weight piled on with the foods I was eating

I try to drink as much water as I can, I have a 1L bottle which I sip from all day and usually fill up 2 or 3 times, more with exercise because I'll be drinking as I go.

I hope I can find something that works!

This is exactly what I was thinking. You already were eating pretty well and exercising. This is why the weight isn’t moving. You need to try something like alternating the caloric value of your menu. You ate 1200 calories yesterday. Up this amount by 200-300 calories today and tomorrow, and continue with 1200. So sorry that Duromine did not help with the cravings. Still, we should not lose hope, because I know cases where its effect developed in full only by about day 9. Fingers crossed you will get this effect. Any other effects? Hunger suppression?

Boxing classes are great! They help you build muscles quite effectively, so you might be noticing changes in the way your body looks, and not changes on the scales. Did you do any measurements?

I hope everything will go nice and smooth. Just don’t be nervous about the weight loss. Focus on good changes you have introduced in your life and how good these changes are for your health. You will surely lose weight, don’t get discouraged. Chin up!