Danielle F said:
Has anyone else been taking duromine and not seen their weight move??
I am eating practically nothing, like 2 protein bars a day AND i work as a waitress, so am running around for around 10 hours a day and my weight STILL has not budged, its been 4 weeks! I'm so confused!! anyone else had this???
I started 4 weeks ago this coming Saturday I'm eating healthy still exercising and I've lost about 2kgs not what I was hoping for I'm an active person and portion sizes are good. I gained weight over 3 pregnancies and it just won't budge it seen duromine isn't helping either. I think 4 weeks is giving it a pretty good go

ippy,
Nobody really can tell how much and during what time you will lose. You just see the results people are sharing, but your case is individual, keep that in mind. It just can't be that your body does not lose weight if you continue the proper diet and exercise routine. It is simple physics - you reduce the intake of calories, increase the expenditure -> your body burns fat to get the energy. You just need more time. Be patient please:)
P.S. It does not mean that the pills aren't working. Duromine does not burn fat, it only suppresses your appetite. The rest is up to you.

Tgal said:
hey.
am on the 3rd week and just lost 3kg. its not even suppressing my appetite. i just get a dry mouth and i sleep like a baby. but i still have hope.

I'm the same

Kate said:
ippy,
Nobody really can tell how much and during what time you will lose. You just see the results people are sharing, but your case is individual, keep that in mind. It just can't be that your body does not lose weight if you continue the proper diet and exercise routine. It is simple physics - you reduce the intake of calories, increase the expenditure -> your body burns fat to get the energy. You just need more time. Be patient please:)
P.S. It does not mean that the pills aren't working. Duromine does not burn fat, it only suppresses your appetite. The rest is up to you.
It doesn't suppress my appetite though and I don't have an over eating problem or a lazy problem either so I'm stumped so are my doctors no thyroid problem or glucose either.

Reactions: Kamogelo Lesesa
hello! I've almost finished my first month on Duromine 30mg. I'm an obese woman (120kg, 173cm, 25yrs) and have been this weight for the past 6 years regardless of diet and exercise. After a tonne of research I asked my doctor for a script for Duromine with the hope that this could kickstart some weight loss with a complete lifestyle overhaul. I've gone from drinking zero water to at least 2L a day, 1500-2000 calories down to 1000-1200 a day and am exercising 6 days a week. I never really had many side effects apart from the usual dry mouth and it is suppressing my appetite. My only real issue is that I am 25 days in and have lost a grand total of 1.5kg. Is there another way to help me lose weight or should I try the 40mg tablets? My doctor doesn't really know a lot about Duromine or other avenues so your advice/experiences would be a massive help. Thanks!

That is a bit disappointing, all that hard work and money for a small result. Sounds like you are doing everything you should and the duromine is suppressing your appetite like it should. I'd suggest going back to your doctor to discuss your situation. Did your doctor test your thyroid before you started? Are you on any other medication that could affect your result?

Did you use different scales to weigh?
Are your clothes fitting better? You probably put on muscle with exercise but you would still expect more weightloss.

Low carb works best for me, eating some fat somehow helps my weightloss.
Hope you find an answer, maybe write down what you eat to show the doctor. Just in case he/she thinks you are just eating too many calories.

I agree with Bringingskinnyback

Also I would suggest the "periods" period maybe? Depends on the time you weigh yourself. You should use one pair of scales and weigh yourself in the mornings best of all, when your body is "empty". Try to measure your waist, hips, etc. Sometimes when you are training hard and your body replaces fat tissue to muscles - the body weight seems stable so you think you did not lose much. But the measurements may show a greater progress. Just my guess;)

Reactions: Tara2016
Perhaps you are eating too little? Dieticians do not recommend eating less then 1200 caleries because your body goes into starvation mode ie. You do not actually lose weight. Your body harbors all that energy instead.
15-1800 caleries is a healthy calerie intake. Perhaps try it, and see if your metabolism picks up? Goodluck*

Today is day 4 on 30mg and i feel as though it isn't working, i have gotten extremely tired this afternoon and have been feeling hungry for the past two days. Has anyone else experienced this ?

I have had basically no side effects, still hungry, sleep like a baby, nothing really out of the ordinary and I thought it wasn't working either and now I am almost finished week 2 and have lost 4 kilos. Just give it some time even though you may not actually feel like it's working it definitely will be! Stay positive! If you get to week 3 without any weight loss at all I would go to your doctor and get the 40mg :)

I'm on week 2. Week 1 was 15 and I actually put on weight. Week 2 was 30 and all I've lost is 1kg which really put me back to what I was on when I started. I don't know why it's not working for me. At first I was barely eating because it suppressed my hunger to the point I either forgot (I have my own florist business so I'm super busy) or just couldn't eat as it's hard to eat when you're not hungry.
I've had the worst side effects. Nausea, tight chest, dry mouth, my temper has sky rocketed, fast heart beating.
So today I decided to stop I don't know if you can just stop altogether I probably need to look into that. But I don't know why it's not working. I don't think I can go to 40. Stepping up to 30 mimicked a panic attack when I first took it. I had blood tests before being put on it and there wasn't any issues besides lacking in vitamins.
Has anyone else had this problem?? I was quite fit and healthy before putting on my weight. I had 2 quite big surgeries where both my legs were broken and now have screws. I've gone from playing netball everyday to lying on my back. I put about 15+kg in about 4 months. And I still can't exercise but doesn't matter how healthy I eat it's not shifting. Waaah :( I thought Duromine would totally get rid of it.

Your thyroid okay?

Damn! Maybe your metabolism is really slow and needs a couple weeks to start working better, I am trying to not look at the scale as I do weight training and generally the scale doesn't show the fat loss. I have no side effects at all other than a little bit of dry mouth. I am on 30mg, hopefully when finished month 1 my doctor will give me 40mg. What time were you taking the pill?

I still feel hungry and sleep fine, I presume I have lost weight. But just keep sticking to it

Make sure you are eating otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and not lose weight. Drink lots of water to help with the side effects and can you go for a walk each day?

Hi,

I was put on duromine after struggling to lose weight and my chronic fatigue returning. I was on 15mg and lost 1kg over night and then nothing for the rest of the week. I then went prescribed 30mg and lost another 1kg over night. I have been on 30mg for 4 weeks and have not had anymore weight come off. I eat very small meals 4-5 times a day to keep my metabolism going. I am doing very minimal exercise due to chronic fatigue. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I drink 2-3 L of water a day. I have 10kg to drop according to my dr. I eat a clean diet with 1-2 glasses of wine on the weekends.

Reactions: laura kate
First thing, your metabolism will be fine as long as you eat in the morning everyday and consume enough calories per day. I stick to 1.200ish wether i eat just a little for brekki and lunch then have a 500 cal dinner.

I reccomend calorie counting as its all science. Find a bmi calculator online and find out how many calories your body burns everyday without you doing anything. Then eat 500 calories less than that (or even more than -500 if you can) and thats how you loose weight.

My body burns 2.344 calories without me doing anything per day. So by me sticking to 1.200ish cals per day im garunteed weight loss even if i dont exercise.

This paired with even just a 30-60 min walk 3 times a week and it will start to fall off.

Also watch your carbs. I still have toast but if i have toast for brekki i wont have any carbs in lunch or dinner. Carbs are evil...... and tasty haha good luck.

My sw was 147kg 5 months ago. Im currently 114kgs. This method works.

Hi guys just wanted to ask if its normal to lose inches off my waist but no weight loss?? Im not exercising for my muscle mass to increase im really confused, after only 4 days of taking duromine i feel so much lighter and my jeans feel better on but my weight is the same!!! Its killing me!! Im drinking heaps of water aswell but i dont know whats stopping me from losing weight

Reemz said:
Hi guys just wanted to ask if its normal to lose inches off my waist but no weight loss?? Im not exercising for my muscle mass to increase im really confused, after only 4 days of taking duromine i feel so much lighter and my jeans feel better on but my weight is the same!!! Its killing me!! Im drinking heaps of water aswell but i dont know whats stopping me from losing weight
Reemz said:
Reemz said:
I started monday so 4 days now and have eaten very little as just have no appetite but on scales it says ive put on weight very disappointed