Hey Bilby80! Welcome to the forum! May your Duromine journey go in the best way it can go!

Looking forward to witnessing your success story. Cheers!

PS. I hope that you’re not breastfeeding… you should not take Duromine while breastfeeding.

Reactions: Bethendra
Hi Bilby80!!
I’m starting tomorrow too.
My start weight is 92.3 kilos and I’d like to get to 70 kilos.

I’m 38 and have 2 kids - we are in a similar boat somewhat. Would love to buddy up if you are keen?

Good Luck on your journey!

Good luck Mammaof2! Let’s buddy up for sure, will touch base to see how you’re traveling:)

Reactions: Mammaof2
Hi All,

Took my first pill today. A bit late, at 8am.
Hopefully not too many bad reactions!
Fingers crossed for some weight loss, been circling this weight for way too long now.

I would love to get back into the 80’s again. My ultimate goal
Being between 65 and 70 kts.

I’m not looking to be skinny, just to be able to run around and play with my kids.

Reactions: Kiki8844
Bilby80 said:
Good luck Mammaof2! Let’s buddy up for sure, will touch base to see how you’re traveling:)
How are you going today? I feel a slight buzz, so far, not much else.

Mammaof2 said:
How are you going today? I feel a slight buzz, so far, not much else.
Not much at all! No buzz, but I’m not really hungry and am thirsty, but it’s been a hectic day running around for appointments with kids so that’s not unusual.
I’ve been really good food wise though, so that’s a good start!

5pm - Day 1.
I have a slight headache. If anyone reads this - can you point me in the right direction for "how to eat" while doing this please?
Because I wasn't very hungry today and I know I should also be fueling my body. I think that is correct?

Well… I can only give you some general notions on nutrition, because I have no idea what you like and don’t like to eat..

For breakfast, you can have:
  • Oatmeal porridge (half a cup of dry oatmeal (not instant)+ half a cup of water (bring to a boil and stir for like 3-4 min. until gets thick, then add 1-1.5% milk (half a cup) + a pinch of salt + cinnamon/vanilla (optional, instead of sugar) / pinch of black pepper (for savory version with mushrooms)). Serve with chopped fruit/berries/a bit of nuts (no more than 10 pcs) or sautéed mushrooms/spinach (for savory version). With all garnishes, this dish will reach about 300-350 calories.
  • Whole-wheat toast with avocado (spread like butter on the toast, add salt and pepper, squeeze some lime/lemon juice over it) and poached egg. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of grated Parmesan (love it, you can use any other cheese if you wish to use it at all) and some herbs to your liking. I add a simple tomato+herbs / cucumber+dill salad. That’s about the same 300-320 calories
  • Cottage cheese (I take 5% fat, really hate the 1-2% versions. If you like them, stick with them) – about 120-150 g. + 2 tbsp. plain yogurt (stir well and let sit for 10 minutes). Then add chopped fresh/frozen fruits/berries with cinnamon/vanilla, or pinch of salt+chopped cucumber+dill, or anything else that you like to combine cottage cheese with (even ONE tbsp. of honey). Depends on garnishes, about 300-330 calories.
Morning or evening snack (80-150 cal.):

Any fruit (I chose non-acidic, because they make my stomach ache and turn me into a bottomless barrel by lunch) – avoid fruit in the evening, or

A vegetable salad of leafy greens and some vegetables (simple dressing of olive oil+lemon/lime juice)

Nuts (if you had them in the morning, then better not have them now or no more than 10 pcs.)

A tube of plain natural yogurt (better add a fruit/berries, instead of having the version with added sugar)

Cottage cheese

Boiled egg or egg white omelet (of two egg whites, better cooked in non-stick pan/microwave/very little oil)

Lunch and Dinner:

If you are not into counting calories, you just take a normal-sized plate (not the huge one), divide it in 2 and fill one half with vegetables (non-starchy), be it fresh/steamed/baked/grilled. The remaining half of the plate also divide in two and use one for the protein (meat/fish/poultry/seafood), and the other – for slow carbohydrates (pumpkin and carrot mash / beans / barley / buckwheat / whole grain pasta / brown rice / etc., or mountain bread, in which you wrap your veggies and protein).

You can make hundreds of combinations, not to get bored with eating the same thing. Better reduce/avoid starchy foods in the evening.

The whole menu is for 1000 – 1500 calories, depends on the choices for foods that you make for each meal. When I have no time for breakfast or dinner, I have a smoothie (tons of recipes on the Internet). Some people prefer having a protein shake (better have something, than skip a meal)

Remember! You take normal-sized plates, not the big ones, and chew your food thoroughly, without being distracted by your phone, tv, book, etc. so that you can feel that you ate enough. If you feel that you don’t want to eat anymore, don’t. when you feel hungry after smelling something delicious, have a glass of water and switch your mind to something, because it’s appetite, and not hunger.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and sorry for the long post.

I think I’d better note this message somewhere… instead of writing it every time from scratch

April said:
Well… I can only give you some general notions on nutrition, because I have no idea what you like and don’t like to eat..

For breakfast, you can have:
  • Oatmeal porridge (half a cup of dry oatmeal (not instant)+ half a cup of water (bring to a boil and stir for like 3-4 min. until gets thick, then add 1-1.5% milk (half a cup) + a pinch of salt + cinnamon/vanilla (optional, instead of sugar) / pinch of black pepper (for savory version with mushrooms)). Serve with chopped fruit/berries/a bit of nuts (no more than 10 pcs) or sautéed mushrooms/spinach (for savory version). With all garnishes, this dish will reach about 300-350 calories.
  • Whole-wheat toast with avocado (spread like butter on the toast, add salt and pepper, squeeze some lime/lemon juice over it) and poached egg. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of grated Parmesan (love it, you can use any other cheese if you wish to use it at all) and some herbs to your liking. I add a simple tomato+herbs / cucumber+dill salad. That’s about the same 300-320 calories
  • Cottage cheese (I take 5% fat, really hate the 1-2% versions. If you like them, stick with them) – about 120-150 g. + 2 tbsp. plain yogurt (stir well and let sit for 10 minutes). Then add chopped fresh/frozen fruits/berries with cinnamon/vanilla, or pinch of salt+chopped cucumber+dill, or anything else that you like to combine cottage cheese with (even ONE tbsp. of honey). Depends on garnishes, about 300-330 calories.
Morning or evening snack (80-150 cal.):

Any fruit (I chose non-acidic, because they make my stomach ache and turn me into a bottomless barrel by lunch) – avoid fruit in the evening, or

A vegetable salad of leafy greens and some vegetables (simple dressing of olive oil+lemon/lime juice)

Nuts (if you had them in the morning, then better not have them now or no more than 10 pcs.)

A tube of plain natural yogurt (better add a fruit/berries, instead of having the version with added sugar)

Cottage cheese

Boiled egg or egg white omelet (of two egg whites, better cooked in non-stick pan/microwave/very little oil)

Lunch and Dinner:

If you are not into counting calories, you just take a normal-sized plate (not the huge one), divide it in 2 and fill one half with vegetables (non-starchy), be it fresh/steamed/baked/grilled. The remaining half of the plate also divide in two and use one for the protein (meat/fish/poultry/seafood), and the other – for slow carbohydrates (pumpkin and carrot mash / beans / barley / buckwheat / whole grain pasta / brown rice / etc., or mountain bread, in which you wrap your veggies and protein).

You can make hundreds of combinations, not to get bored with eating the same thing. Better reduce/avoid starchy foods in the evening.

The whole menu is for 1000 – 1500 calories, depends on the choices for foods that you make for each meal. When I have no time for breakfast or dinner, I have a smoothie (tons of recipes on the Internet). Some people prefer having a protein shake (better have something, than skip a meal)

Remember! You take normal-sized plates, not the big ones, and chew your food thoroughly, without being distracted by your phone, tv, book, etc. so that you can feel that you ate enough. If you feel that you don’t want to eat anymore, don’t. when you feel hungry after smelling something delicious, have a glass of water and switch your mind to something, because it’s appetite, and not hunger.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and sorry for the long post.

I think I’d better note this message somewhere… instead of writing it every time from scratch

Thank you @April appreciate your input. I will endeavour to be mindful of portion sizes too.

Ugh! Struggled to get to sleep last night was wide awake until roughly 3 am. Help!

How did you sleep? I was awake until approx 3 am.
So tired this morning.

Not the best - went to bed about 10:30, I think, and then woke up every couple of hours. Then up at 5:30 as usual because my 2 year old thinks that’s an acceptable wake up time
Let’s see what today brings!

So today is day 6..i couldn't wait until tomorrow to do my weigh in so did it today and am happy to say I have lost 2.1kg! I've been gymming every day and drinking heaps of water so feeling pretty good :) hope everyone else is going well!

Last edited:
Reactions: April and Kiki8844
Ok here’s my 5pm report. Sorry to hijack your post but no one else seems to be talking to me in my thread :laughing: :laughing:
I’ve had a very productive day. No hunger but forced myself to eat at meal times.
I’m not thinking about food and I haven’t once reached for anything sweet.
I cleaned up my kids toy room, which was a huge mess. Vacuumed and Mopped the living areas and kitchen. Also cooked dinner.
I have struggled with motivation and lethargy for so long, I’m amazed I got all this done today.

How did you go?

Reactions: Bethendra and April
Mammaof2 said:
Ok here’s my 5pm report. Sorry to hijack your post but no one else seems to be talking to me in my thread :laughing: :laughing:
I’ve had a very productive day. No hunger but forced myself to eat at meal times.
I cleaned up my kids toy room, which was a huge mess. Vacuumed and Mopped the living areas and kitchen. Also cooked dinner.
I have struggled with motivation and lethargy for so long, I’m amazed I got all this done today.

How did you go?

Sounds like my day! And my thread :laughing:

Oh, so sorry about insomnia. Really common among Duromine users at the beginning of the course. There are some tips on the forum to fight it. And, of course, sleeping pills might also come in handy, if nothing helps. As a rule, sleeplessness subsides in 3-5 days, but being deprived of sleep for too long is surely a bad thing.

Last edited:
Bilby80 said:
Not the best - went to bed about 10:30, I think, and then woke up every couple of hours. Then up at 5:30 as usual because my 2 year old thinks that’s an acceptable wake up time
Let’s see what today brings!

Bilby, hi! Hopefully, you will have some better sleep tonight. However, you might consider the possibility of taking any sleeping aid (before you buy anything, inform the pharmacist about Duromine). Here are some tips for fighting insomnia, as well. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Heeey! First results – so inspiring! Congratulations, Tassiegirl! So happy that your worries about Duromine were in vain and you feel pretty good. =)) Keep it up!

Mammaof2 said:

How did you go?
Lol, hijack away :) I think we’re having a pretty similar experience- I’m not bouncing off the walls but have had a significant increase in energy. I’ve been able to go on the treadmill and actually get stuff done around instead of sitting down eating chocolate because I’m exhausted. That reminds me, our toy room needs some attention lol.
Hope you get some more sleep tonight Mamma!

Reactions: April