April said:
Bilby, hi! Hopefully, you will have some better sleep tonight. However, you might consider the possibility of taking any sleeping aid (before you buy anything, inform the pharmacist about Duromine). Here are some tips for fighting insomnia, as well. Fingers crossed
Thanks April! I feel tired, so hopefully the night brings sleep :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: April
Bilby80 said:
Lol, hijack away :) I think we’re having a pretty similar experience- I’m not bouncing off the walls but have had a significant increase in energy. I’ve been able to go on the treadmill and actually get stuff done around instead of sitting down eating chocolate because I’m exhausted. That reminds me, our toy room needs some attention lol.
Hope you get some more sleep tonight Mamma!
Oh I used to that too, grab some chocolate for a quick snack and then eat the whole damn block!
I went to the chemist yesterday and got some restavit to help with sleeping. I can’t say that it did much for me - I got approx 4.5 hrs of sleep. Still, better than the night before I suppose. I think I will take myself for a long walk this evening, that might help.
On the upside, I stepped on the scales and it said 90.5. I’m sure it’s all water weight, but I’ll take it.
How are you going @Bilby80 ? Hope you had a restful night!

Nothing is going to plan today.
I am extremely emotional and cranky. I'm snapping at my kids. Could be a combo of very little sleep and the meds? Oh and it is also very hot here today.
Unsure.
I also do not have the same level of energy as I did yesterday.
I have eaten ok. Not enough water also. Hoping for some sleep tonight.

Mammaof2 said:
Nothing is going to plan today.
I am extremely emotional and cranky. I'm snapping at my kids. Could be a combo of very little sleep and the meds? Oh and it is also very hot here today.
Unsure.
I also do not have the same level of energy as I did yesterday.
I have eaten ok. Not enough water also. Hoping for some sleep tonight.
I’ve struggled a bit with the heat today too but otherwise have been ok. I do think I’m feeling the heat more on this and sweating a lot too. A little bit hungry every now and then but not too bad.
I didn’t get much sleep last night, even more broken than the previous night. If it continues I might think about getting something to help, but will see how the week goes.
Hope you get to relax and feel a bit better once the kids go to bed!

Reactions: Mammaof2
Hey there @Mammaof2! Sorry for your moods…. I mean, yes, feeling emotional and cranky can easily be cause by Duromine or by insufficient sleep, or by both combined. Plus the hot weather and insufficient water. What can I say? These create a fertile ground for feeling the way you feel. Fingers crossed for a good sleep

@Bilby80, you know, many people report excessive sweating even without the heat, while being on Duromine, so yes, it is possible that Duromine makes you sweat more. However, you should remember to hydrate yourself A LOT better. And yes, you should take something to help you sleep. Otherwise, the weight loss might stop and you will be soooo low in energy, and you don’t need that! Be well! =)

It was OK. I slept, but was restless from 2-4, up at 530.
Second day for me, feeling a little flatter and definitely over the weather here.
Its hard feeling out of sorts with the kids. I have a very defiant 3yo and a 4mth old :confused:

Mammaof2 said:
How did you go last night @Kiki8844 ?

How are you going @Mammaof2?
I actually feel quite nauseous today which is a bit unpleasant. @April is it normal to get a new side effect 5 days in?
On a positive note, the sleeping is getting a bit better! Except for the fact that my baby now wants to chat at 4:30am!

Hi Everyone!!
Happy to report that I have had a better day today. And I had a good sleep last night.
Hoping for the same today.
On Wednesday, I will have been taking Duromine for 7 days. I’m looking forward to weighing in then.
Now that I feel like I could continue with this tablet- I’ll make some changes to my diet - to eat a bit more and include more veggies.
@Bilby80 - sorry to hear that you are feeling nauseous. I hope it passes quickly. @Kiki8844 - hope you are having a better day today.

@April - thanks, hoping for a better week.
Can you tell me about cravings. Should
I be having any cravings? I don’t at the moment, but my sister in law just brought some home made brownies over and I ate 1/2 of one and now can’t stop thinking about the other half.

Mammaof2 said:
@Bilby80 - how are you going?
Hi @Mammaof2! Pretty good.. sleep is better, but I’m still feeling a bit yuck every now and then. I think it’s worse when I haven’t eaten enough. Still feeling a bit hot and sweaty, but I guess that means I’m burning calories!
My scales are a bit dodgy and change numbers a bit but as of this morning I’ve lost nearly 4kgs - offical weekly weight loss check tomorrow..
How are you traveling?

Hi @Bilby80!!!
So glad to see a response from someone haha
I’m going well, sleep is fantastic. I’ve got some cravings though. I stepped on the scale today and it said a 2.7kg loss. Which takes me to 89.6. Great to be in the 80’s again. Not sure if I should be losing more? I don’t have any other side effects except for dry mouth and some hot and sweaty feels every now and again.
Next week I will need to start doing some proper exercise. Well walking and some hand weights anyway. I’m also curious if exercising will make me want to eat more?

Great job with your weight loss!! Well done. Feels good doesn’t it?
I hope the symptoms ease up for you.

It will be one whole week for me too tomorrow, I’ll check in with you then.

Last edited:
So good to read this, I started today and have been too scared to start so mine package was sitting in my draw for 6 months :)

I am excited to hear more news from you. :)

Yes I really was scared to begin with..people love to share horror stories! I'm very pleased with how it's going for me..one interesting thing I discovered today, after 11 days of eating well I went out for lunch today and ate a couple of things I haven't had for the past 11 days, like potatoes and sugary dessert and my goodness I really don't feel so great now! Definitely going back to eating properly tomorrow!
Good luck with your journey :)

Reactions: April
Tassiegirl said:
Yes I really was scared to begin with..people love to share horror stories! I'm very pleased with how it's going for me..one interesting thing I discovered today, after 11 days of eating well I went out for lunch today and ate a couple of things I haven't had for the past 11 days, like potatoes and sugary dessert and my goodness I really don't feel so great now! Definitely going back to eating properly tomorrow!
Good luck with your journey :)
Thanks Tassiegirl, my first day was a little bit of a roller coaster, I feel really hot and fuzzy in the head, food helped at lunch time. I will keep at ti for the rest of the week see how it goes.

@Mammaof2! We’ve made it a week!
What’s your official number?

Week 1 weight loss - 4.1kg (current weight 97.6) Can’t complain about that..

Reactions: Mammaof2
Way to go @Bilby80 and @Mammaof2 , I am on day 2 today, so a little behind you.

Day 1 was OK, fuzzy head and sleep a little dodgy. So how often should I weight myself? And in the past when I weight myself I fluctuate 2 kg in a day, it's weird (obviously water)

I will keep reading your posts and I hope you don't mind that I am joining in, as no-one seems to answer my post either. All I see on here is people asking for my tablets LOL

ShelleyBris said:
Way to go @Bilby80 and @Mammaof2 , I am on day 2 today, so a little behind you.

Day 1 was OK, fuzzy head and sleep a little dodgy. So how often should I weight myself? And in the past when I weight myself I fluctuate 2 kg in a day, it's weird (obviously water)

I will keep reading your posts and I hope you don't mind that I am joining in, as no-one seems to answer my post either. All I see on here is people asking for my tablets LOL
Come and join our party @ShelleyBris :)
Good luck with your journey! My sleep got better after a few days, so hopefully if you can wait it out you’ll be good too.

I have a terrible habit of weighing myself every day, which I really need to stop because it does fluctuate. I think once a week is ideal, but I could never control myself to only once!

Bilby80 said:
@Mammaof2! We’ve made it a week!
What’s your official number?

Week 1 weight loss - 4.1kg (current weight 97.6) Can’t complain about that..
Yay!!! Well done! :) Good Job!

I've lost 2.9. So now at 89.4. I'm happy with that. I swear this was the longest week ever!!!
Now just to keep going!!

Reactions: Bilby80