Duromine Day 2

Hi Anapolis :)

You have done really well to loose so many cm.... YAY to you!

I don't think I have lost weight off my waist :( I know when i told one of my friends about my weight loss she gave me the up and down look.. I said I know crazy :confused:... my pants dont feel looser around my waist but other parts I can see a difference... my face mostly and my lower belly...I will need to see when I last measured myself and do another measurement later.. I also took a picture as I know we dont see the weight loss as much as we do when we look at a picture... I wish I had of done it in under wear... to see also how my body is toning up... maybe this Sunday I might do that ;)

Gosh I wish I felt that full after I ate (sitting in my chair blushing)...

Cant wait to read your next update:laughing:

Reactions: Anapolis
MickyMoo said:
Hi! My name is Mekaylah and I am 20 years old. I am 5'3" and I started my Duromine journey 2 days ago. I am on the 40mgs. When I started I was 113kgs. I am now 110kgs.
I used to go to the gym often but I was not having any luck with anything. I am now going back to the gym whilst taking the tablets and I've lost weight already! I am aiming to be 85kgs or at least a size 14 before I travel across the ocean to see the love of my life in February...!!!) this is probably a very unrealistic goal, but hey! I can dream can't I?

Thank you all so much for the inspiration and courage to post this! I can't wait to update with with my progress, in hopes to inspire people just as I have been inspired! x

Hi Mekaylah, how is it going? You’ve been silent for quite some time and I hope you are doing well and already managed to lose some good amount of weight. If you need any advice, please, feel free to ask. There are lots of people here willing to support you and help you any possible way. Good luck!

Hi all,

I've been super busy at work recently which is t a bad thing. It does men I haven't updated in a while. After 25 full days I have lost 5.1kg. At day 29 full days I've actually regained a small amount of that weight, I'm guessing this is due to muscle gain as I've increased my exercise - I'm running now!! Walking at least 3km and running 1.5km per day. If my knees aren't up for the run, I'll walk 6km (brisk). So exciting... it's actually my dog (Lab) that makes it easy! ❤

I'm not going to push it though as I've knees to look after. I'm still a long way from the training I used to do 18months-2years ago but I really need to be lighter before I can return to that kind of cardio/aerobic routine as that's how I inflamed the issues with my knees. I suppose that will just be my lot until I am old enough for full knee replacements.

I took your advice, April, and increased my calorie intake to 1100-1200 and it hasn't hurt me. I've continued to lose cm's - up to 10cm in places!

My doctor is happy with the results aand the rate of weight loss.

If I can lose 4-5kg in the next month, I will drop the Duromine and try this on my own. I'll be ready ...

So here are the stats

Height: 164cm
SW: 79.3
CW: 74.4
GW: 59.9

Total loss 4.9kg
Most cm lost: 10cm

I do hope everyone is doing well and feeling great!

Reactions: aunthoney
Hello Anapolis! SO glad to hear from you! Your loss in circumference is indeed fantastic! Losing 5 kilos in a month is a very good result, closer to the healthy one. If you lost a lot more, I would be very concerned about your health condition AND your skin condition. I am sure, your skin is doing well right now. Hopefully, you will be able to get back to your full measure exercises as soon as your weight is good enough for your knees, not a single day earlier!

Will keep my fingers crossed for your next month weight loss! Good luck, dear!

Karate is a great sport.
Not only does it teach you discipline but gets your body to do the unthinkable.

I'm going back to it on 1st March.
I left it three years ago at green belt.
I know it'll assist me in my Duramine journey too.

Congratulations on your loss to date.
And good luck with the sport! :)

Reactions: April
day 2

sw: 58.9kg
cw: 57.5kg
gw: 48kg

Oh hey, found your thread! Nice to meet you too, Vivian. I see what your doctor means. It’s the usual recommendations that many doctors give. Others also like to advice on avoiding any fats and carbs. However, nutritionists long ago went far away from these notions.

Besides, every person is different, and you’ll never know for sure what works in each other’s case. Still, healthy eating is what we aim. And healthy eating implies consuming proteins, fats and carbs in proper amounts. You don’t want to end up with dull skin, fallen hair and bad nails. You should look great while loosing weight, and not as a victim of famine.

I do agree with your doctor about avoiding soya foods. However, I don’t think you were having these. =) As for fruits – these are the source of valuable vitamins, dietary fiber and, of course, carbs. Yes, you should limit the amount of carbs consumed. However, you’d better cut sweets, pasta and other sources of unhealthy fast carbs, and leave the fruits in your menu. Basically, I suggest using fruits for the after-breakfast snack, in the first half of the day. The afternoon snack should already contain vegetables and proteins. Don’t add sugar to your food and drinks, and have an apple/peach/strawberries or whichever fruit you like (one fruit or a cup of berries).

Spicy food… I know why he wants you to not eat it – because it promotes appetite. Still, if you like hot food and make a nice salad of leafy greens and grilled without oil chicken breast, you can add some chili pepper, and it will be delicious and quite good for the weight loss process. In fact, hot pepper is considered one of spices that promote weight loss. Don’t use too much. Just to your taste.

Like I said in my previous msg, you should have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Each in a very small portion, and containing a set of healthy foods. I would also suggest you to eat proteins and carbs separately, i.e. meat/fish/dairy foods/eggs with salads and vegetables. If you want rice or any other starchy product, also eat it with salads and vegetables, without the protein products.

If you go to bed at 10 PM, having last meal at 6 PM is ok. Yet, if your usual bedtime is at 11, 12, you should have something like an egg, a couple of tbsp of cottage cheese, or a cucumber at around 7-8. Remember, we are aiming metabolism boost. Your body should not be deprived of food for longer periods of time. Otherwise, it will deposit the next meals you have. It all has to do with chemical processes in our body.

What else… just remembered about drinking. We have a girl here, on the forum, nickname Dee2017. She is going through the weight loss process on Duromine right now, and she has quite thorough updates. She works really hard and is very inspiring. I would suggest you read her posts. Well, she drinks almond milk (be attentive with the sugar content. Carefully read the info on the package). I love water with lemon, lime, tangerine, orange juice, or drop a couple of berries mix and drain. This is besides the non-carbonated water you should consume in good amounts.

Hope, all these make sense to you and you will make up a good eating plan, as well as the exercising. If you have any more questions, you’re welcome to ask. I also suggest updating regularly. It helps to keep yourself in your hands and revise what you do right or wrong.

PS. It might take a couple of days for the appetite suppressing effect to start working.

Have a nice day!

April said:
Oh hey, found your thread! Nice to meet you too, Vivian. I see what your doctor means. It’s the usual recommendations that many doctors give. Others also like to advice on avoiding any fats and carbs. However, nutritionists long ago went far away from these notions.

Besides, every person is different, and you’ll never know for sure what works in each other’s case. Still, healthy eating is what we aim. And healthy eating implies consuming proteins, fats and carbs in proper amounts. You don’t want to end up with dull skin, fallen hair and bad nails. You should look great while loosing weight, and not as a victim of famine.

I do agree with your doctor about avoiding soya foods. However, I don’t think you were having these. =) As for fruits – these are the source of valuable vitamins, dietary fiber and, of course, carbs. Yes, you should limit the amount of carbs consumed. However, you’d better cut sweets, pasta and other sources of unhealthy fast carbs, and leave the fruits in your menu. Basically, I suggest using fruits for the after-breakfast snack, in the first half of the day. The afternoon snack should already contain vegetables and proteins. Don’t add sugar to your food and drinks, and have an apple/peach/strawberries or whichever fruit you like (one fruit or a cup of berries).

Spicy food… I know why he wants you to not eat it – because it promotes appetite. Still, if you like hot food and make a nice salad of leafy greens and grilled without oil chicken breast, you can add some chili pepper, and it will be delicious and quite good for the weight loss process. In fact, hot pepper is considered one of spices that promote weight loss. Don’t use too much. Just to your taste.

Like I said in my previous msg, you should have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Each in a very small portion, and containing a set of healthy foods. I would also suggest you to eat proteins and carbs separately, i.e. meat/fish/dairy foods/eggs with salads and vegetables. If you want rice or any other starchy product, also eat it with salads and vegetables, without the protein products.

If you go to bed at 10 PM, having last meal at 6 PM is ok. Yet, if your usual bedtime is at 11, 12, you should have something like an egg, a couple of tbsp of cottage cheese, or a cucumber at around 7-8. Remember, we are aiming metabolism boost. Your body should not be deprived of food for longer periods of time. Otherwise, it will deposit the next meals you have. It all has to do with chemical processes in our body.

What else… just remembered about drinking. We have a girl here, on the forum, nickname Dee2017. She is going through the weight loss process on Duromine right now, and she has quite thorough updates. She works really hard and is very inspiring. I would suggest you read her posts. Well, she drinks almond milk (be attentive with the sugar content. Carefully read the info on the package). I love water with lemon, lime, tangerine, orange juice, or drop a couple of berries mix and drain. This is besides the non-carbonated water you should consume in good amounts.

Hope, all these make sense to you and you will make up a good eating plan, as well as the exercising. If you have any more questions, you’re welcome to ask. I also suggest updating regularly. It helps to keep yourself in your hands and revise what you do right or wrong.

PS. It might take a couple of days for the appetite suppressing effect to start working.

Have a nice day!
Thank you April for your patience. I truly appreciate your effort in typing out all your explanations to me.

day 3
SW;58.9kg
CW:57.2kg
GW:48kg

Hi Vivian, Congrats with first results. I guess, you managed to get rid of retained water, and now you will have to push harder for a faster weight loss.

Did you manage to think of an eating plan and physical activity?

Writing down everything you eat during a day is a nice thing for further revision of your nutrition. In the beginning, I would suggest you do so. Thus, you will be able to determine the direction you should be heading to. Oh, btw, did you do any measurements? I think, it is another quite useful step for evaluating your weight loss progress.

I wish you a great day and hope Duromine started working for you exactly the way you need it to.

PS don’t forget about the water!

Reactions: vivian94
Day 4

SW:58.9
CW:57.1
GW:48

Dint lose much today .
Here is my breakfast. I try eating carbs in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_7941.JPG
    IMG_7941.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 626
Hi Vivian! Well, I think you have a great weight loss progress. You can’t lose 1 kg of fat a day, so you should be prepared for some smaller numbers. Yet, as these numbers start summing up, you get a great result. =)

You are doing it very correctly – carbs in the morning and low carbs for the rest of the day. Did the appetite suppression start working?

A great day to you, Vivian!

April said:
Hi Vivian! Well, I think you have a great weight loss progress. You can’t lose 1 kg of fat a day, so you should be prepared for some smaller numbers. Yet, as these numbers start summing up, you get a great result. =)

You are doing it very correctly – carbs in the morning and low carbs for the rest of the day. Did the appetite suppression start working?

A great day to you, Vivian!
Not really, I feel a little after 5 hours.

vivian94 said:
Not really, I feel a little after 5 hours.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will build up. I have just written a post to another Duromine user, whose appetite suppression effect finally got to the highest level by day 9. Fingers crossed on yours to come soon and chin up! You can do it!

Anapolis said:
Hi all,

I've been super busy at work recently which is t a bad thing. It does men I haven't updated in a while. After 25 full days I have lost 5.1kg. At day 29 full days I've actually regained a small amount of that weight, I'm guessing this is due to muscle gain as I've increased my exercise - I'm running now!! Walking at least 3km and running 1.5km per day. If my knees aren't up for the run, I'll walk 6km (brisk). So exciting... it's actually my dog (Lab) that makes it easy! ❤

I'm not going to push it though as I've knees to look after. I'm still a long way from the training I used to do 18months-2years ago but I really need to be lighter before I can return to that kind of cardio/aerobic routine as that's how I inflamed the issues with my knees. I suppose that will just be my lot until I am old enough for full knee replacements.

I took your advice, April, and increased my calorie intake to 1100-1200 and it hasn't hurt me. I've continued to lose cm's - up to 10cm in places!

My doctor is happy with the results aand the rate of weight loss.

If I can lose 4-5kg in the next month, I will drop the Duromine and try this on my own. I'll be ready ...

So here are the stats

Height: 164cm
SW: 79.3
CW: 74.4
GW: 59.9

Total loss 4.9kg
Most cm lost: 10cm

I do hope everyone is doing well and feeling great!

And you disappeared again… =)) How is it going, Anapolis? Are you getting ready to discontinue Duromine? Please, be aware of the fact that you should do it gradually. I wish you a great weekend and hope on hearing from you soon!

Day 5

Sw: 58.9kg
CW:56.8kg
GW:48kg

Yst after lunch I dint feel hungry at all, but I do feel hungry before lunch.
This morning my appetite for food is not strong, not sure if it's because of the pill.i can't wait to reach my goal!

Day6

CW:56.4

Yesterday I was too busy studying for exam I dint eat much for lunch and dinner. I did feel hungry after breakfast before lunch, but after taking lunch, I dint feel hungry at all throughout the day.

This morning when I wake up, I dint have much appetite to finish my food, i feel full after eating 80% of my food.

I Guess the appetite suppression is working for me now?

Oh yeeees! It started working! See, it took your body 6 days to give a proper response. Congratulations! I hope that you’ll find it easier now to keep up with the weight loss plan.

In fact, I think you should develop an eating plan and follow it. Make an approximate menu, or count a couple of days the caloric value you consume, and see how it is.

You keep losing weight in a very good pace, do you notice it? I hope you do and I hope it encourages you to push even harder. =)

Did you start being more active physically? You might consider walking… it is a good start and very beneficial for your overall health. Good luck!

April said:
Oh yeeees! It started working! See, it took your body 6 days to give a proper response. Congratulations! I hope that you’ll find it easier now to keep up with the weight loss plan.

In fact, I think you should develop an eating plan and follow it. Make an approximate menu, or count a couple of days the caloric value you consume, and see how it is.

You keep losing weight in a very good pace, do you notice it? I hope you do and I hope it encourages you to push even harder. =)

Did you start being more active physically? You might consider walking… it is a good start and very beneficial for your overall health. Good luck!
Yes thank you April I will definitely keep going and start to exercise.
April said:

yes thank you April ! I will try my best to exercise when I am free

Day 7

CW:56.6( up0.2)
Weight gain a little not sure if it's because of period

Day 8
CW:56.4 (down 0.2)

Day 9
CW:56.0 (down 0.4)

Today my period is so cloggy and very heavy, not too sure if it's because of the pill hmmm