Duromine Day 2

Hi Everyone, Let me introduce myself first. My name is Sats, I am an Indonesian but of Indian ethinicty . I live Bali & Jakarta city. I am 41 years old, Height 176cm, Current weight 11/October - 84kgs. I just began taking the 30mg Duromine yesterday the 12/October.

I don't know what to expect with the forum, but since I am new with Duromine , I would like to share my 2 days experience and and I would like to share my side effects and hope if anyone could comment/share their experiences on this (to see if I am on the right track) and also on how to boost the weight loss further.

I am sorry for the lengthy message but I would like to be open on this and as the thread suggests, I am anxious , excited and also nervous. I understand there are alot of Ladies in the forum, I will be as polite as possible but incase I offend anyone, please forgive me as I have no intentions of it, just would like to know if Duromine is working well with me.

Target : Loose 10-14kgs by Early December. Target/Goal weight : 70kgs.

Day 1 : 0630am - Took 1 pill , followed by an espresso . Hit the Gym with my PT and then to the office. Entire day consumed 3.4L of water (have an app on my iPhone) , and a glass of Single Malt.
Ate : 1 apple, 2 protein bars and a tenderloin (without gravy/sides) for dinner.

Day 2 : 0600am - Took 1 pill, followed by an espresso . Hit the Gym with my PT and then to the office.
So far (half day) consumed 1.9L of water.
Ate : 1 apple, 1 protein bar.

Side effects :

Constant dry mouth, stomach sucked in (no gastric feeling), slight strain on the head but very bearable (mainly in the morning). Perspired alot during the morning workouts, heartbeats pumped up to 155bpm during work out and running at 90bpm all day. Feeling energetic. First night slept only for 4 hours and was wide awake by 5am (went to bed at 1am).
My S_x drive really jumped up last nite after my dinner, and the drive/mood lasted a very long time.
Urge for eating has disappeared ( i guess its working??) .

Thats what I can update for now after 1.5 days (2 pills) on 30mg Duromine. I understand, I am not obese but I would like to get back in shape before end of the year and hope to be able to start dating again. Can someone guide me or tell me, if my side effects and also my so-far diet is effective as I really really want to loose the 10-14 kgs as fast as I can.

Thank you so much and once again I am sorry if there are anything that I may have said that maybe offensive .

Have a great day!

Hi, Sats! Welcome to our family.

This is the place where different people with similar life stories are free to share their thoughts and weight loss experience. We here don't judge, but only welcome newbies trying to help as we can. You are at the beginning of your weight loss journey, but I wish you luck and great weight loss. Duromine helped a lot of us here, so I am sure it will help you too.

Reactions: Sats
Thank you Kate for your reply. by the way , is it normal that at times, I feel jittery? Meaning my legs tend to tap on the floor quite abit. Unless if i stop it. This comes and goes.

Another update guys - apologies for the continued posting but documenting here is really helping me keep on track :)

Day 3 - M30mg at 0700

Exercise:
30 min weight session at the gym + 10 min walk - had so much energy doing my workout which was a great motivator, hopefully I will sleep well tonight!

Side effects: Dry mouth has improved today. Felt a little hungry at dinner time, but not so starving that I needed to eat as soon as I got home. Normally I hate waiting and snack on something else while I cook dinner. Not tonight! Considering I had only a small amount of calories between breakfast and dinner, I felt satisfied. At the gym I felt like my heart rate was running more than normal when I exercise.

Meals
Breakfast: 1 x poached egg, 1 x wholemeal toast, 1x teaspoon hommus
Snack: 1 x medium green apple + 6 almonds
Lunch: Protein Shake (½ water and ½ milk-250 ml)
Dinner: Baked sweet potato, roasted capsicum and corn, feta and spinach.
Green tea and water, maybe just over 2L.

Planning my weigh in for next Wednesday!

Well done so far. Is it really possible to lose that much weight in 10 weeks?

Reactions: Mariakeogh2016
Day 4 - M30mg at 0600

Side effects Woke up maybe 3 times during the night, but went back to sleep easily. Dry mouth issues barely noticeable today. Still feel my strong pulse every now and again throughout the day. Lots of energy throughout the day while I was at work. Still get hungry but I can control it so much easier, which is such a nice thing to feel for once. Not getting home from work starving and having the need to eat anything and everything that's in sight. I can make the time to last through the afternoon and cooking dinner. Halfway through dinner I felt quite full.

I have noticed a few pimples come up on my chin, not sure if hormone/cycle related or duro related…anyone else had this issue?

Exercise I was at work from 7-4 on my feet all day running around serving people, then had to do an online exam when I came home, didn't get a chance to workout. Not an excuse though….ahhh

Meals
Breakfast: Granola with coconut yoghurt
Lunch: 8x cut carrot sticks with 1 heaped tablespoon of tzatziki
Dinner: Soy, garlic and ginger marinated chicken breast, salsa, spinach, beetroot, roasted capsicum and sweet potato, feta
Lots of water and green tea!

Looking forward to the weekend everyone?

WEEK TWO UPDATE

SW: 82.2kg
CW: 77.9kg (total loss of 4.3kg in two weeks)
GW: 68.0kg

Average daily calorie count: 1,188
Average daily step count: 7,615
Exercise: nil (I need to get back into my routine!)

Goals for Week 3:
Aim for a daily dietary intake of 1,100 - 1,300 calories
2 X 4km runs and 1 gym session (no excuses!)
Increase water intake to 3 litres per day

Overall, quite satisfied with my results. I need to drink more water, as I'm feeling very dehydrated (which unfortunately has lead to constipation :eek:).

Hello,
How are going with your weight loss?

I am on day 6 and currently down 2.8kg. The scales have t moved at all since Friday but I have had a few slip up with food over the past few days. I'm just pleased they have not gone up!!!

Sarah92kg30yo said:
Hello,
How are going with your weight loss?

I am on day 6 and currently down 2.8kg. The scales have t moved at all since Friday but I have had a few slip up with food over the past few days. I'm just pleased they have not gone up!!!

Hi Sarah, still unsure of weight loss as I think I am planning my weigh in for Wednesday. I don't want to get into the habit of checking all the time as it can get me down! I had a slip up on the food today, it was hard because I went out with family to a new food joint that serves ribs etc, and there were literally no healthy options apart from a greek salad, which I couldn't bring myself to order as a main in front of everyone else. (In hindsight I wish I had of…who cares). At least I'll be home tomorrow so will be able to plan my meals so that will be good.

So below is the most recent update. :)

Day 5 - M30mg at 0630

Side Effects Not as thirsty today so decreased stare intake and no dry mouth, find myself waking up quite early and not being overtired. Lots of energy at work and at the gym afterwards.

Exercise Cardio and leg weight session at the gym. I did a quick 1km run to warm up. I have honestly never sweated that much in any gym session doing my normal 1km warm up. Had so much energy and was sweating heaps. Luckily so far I have not experienced the excessive sweating that I have heard is a side effect when people aren't even exercising, so far…

Meals
Breakfast: 2x wholemeal linseed toast, 2x poached eggs, 2x shortcut bacon, 1x tablespoon hummus (It's a Sunday guysss I couldn't help myself, which I regretted because I felt very full all day.)
Lunch: - Nil
Dinner: Left over soy, garlic and ginger marinated chicken breast, salsa, spinach, beetroot, roasted capsicum and sweet potato, feta (however I probably didn't even need this, I think I would have been satisfied with a protein shake as I was still full from my morning meal, plus I don't like to waste food)

Day 6- M30mg at 0700

Side Effects Little bit of a dry mouth, more than usual, when I woke in the morning. Was feeling very stressed and anxious today about upcoming events in my life and oh my, I felt like my reaction what tripled. My heart was pounding so fast pretty much all day I felt so sick, it was like all of my emotions were intensified. Feeling back to normal this evening though heading to bed.
Exercise 15 minute walk
Meals
Breakfast: 1x apple w/ vanilla yoghurt
Lunch: chicken, spinach, beetroot, pickle, cheese wrap.
Dinner: Shared half ribs rack - more rib than meat though to be honest, coleslaw and a few shoestring sweet potato fries

*I feel like I only ate because of the social situations I was in, which was not really a nice feeling. Plus I had a bad day emotionally :(

Day 7- M30mg at 0630

Side effects Was able to drink a lot more water than the previous days. It helps having a water bottle you can fill up all the time. Apart from a terrible night sleep where I kept waking up, but that might have been stress related. Still have those pounding heart beats every now and again throughout the day. Hunger…I still feel hungry sometimes, but the amount of food that satisfies that feeling is drastically different to before.

Exercise Nil. Studying all day.

Meals

Breakfast: 2x wholemeal linseed toast with nut butter.
Lunch: 2x carrots cut up, 1x tablespoon of hummus, 1 x tablespoon tzatziki.
Snack: 8 wafer crackers with hummus.
Dinner: 2x wholemeal linseed toast with avo. Carb day for feeling my study haha!

***Weigh in tomorrow morning 'Day 8', so it will have been a full 7 days in total. Wish me luck!!

Day 8- M30mg at 0730

Side effects Little bit of a dry mouth today, despite drinking lots of water. During my gym sessions I have noticed I sweat 3x more than I normally do. Restless sleep last night.

Exercise cardio and upper body weights at the gym x 30 mins, 20 minute walk

Meals
Breakfast: 1x scrambled egg, 2x slices of ham, ¼ x avocado.
Lunch: Grilled chicken, avocado, broccoli red onion and pesto salad
Snack: Raw berry slice
Dinner: Carrot stick with 2x tablespoons hummus, handful of blueberries and raspberries

Weigh in tomorrow!!!!!

I was in the edge of my seat for your weigh in good luck for tomorrow I recon you will have lost stacks of weight

crocmonsieur said:
Day 8- M30mg at 0730

Side effects Little bit of a dry mouth today, despite drinking lots of water. During my gym sessions I have noticed I sweat 3x more than I normally do. Restless sleep last night.

Exercise cardio and upper body weights at the gym x 30 mins, 20 minute walk

Meals
Breakfast: 1x scrambled egg, 2x slices of ham, ¼ x avocado.
Lunch: Grilled chicken, avocado, broccoli red onion and pesto salad
Snack: Raw berry slice
Dinner: Carrot stick with 2x tablespoons hummus, handful of blueberries and raspberries

Weigh in tomorrow!!!!!

Ok, so 7 full days Of being on Metermine 30 mg

Height: 173 cm
SW: 99.9kg (measured on the Dr's scales + wearing shorts/tshirt/sandles)
CW: 95.3kg (measured unclothed, my own digital scales)
Loss: 4.6kg

I would think most of that weight was just excess fluid in my body. I didn't do nearly as much exercise as I would have liked as I have been in my exam week. Seeing this result however, is really motivating me to continue to try to eat as healthy as I can and do more exercise.

The one thing I have really liked about Metermine so far (apart from the weird side effects) is the fact that for once in my life I have clarity in my head and I am not constantly thinking about what my next meal will be and basically planning my day around what I will eat. I have more control and food has not been a priority.

crocmonsieur said:
Ok, so 7 full days Of being on Metermine 30 mg

Height: 173 cm
SW: 99.9kg (measured on the Dr's scales + wearing shorts/tshirt/sandles)
CW: 95.3kg (measured unclothed, my own digital scales)
Loss: 4.6kg

I would think most of that weight was just excess fluid in my body. I didn't do nearly as much exercise as I would have liked as I have been in my exam week. Seeing this result however, is really motivating me to continue to try to eat as healthy as I can and do more exercise.

The one thing I have really liked about Metermine so far (apart from the weird side effects) is the fact that for once in my life I have clarity in my head and I am not constantly thinking about what my next meal will be and basically planning my day around what I will eat. I have more control and food has not been a priority.

Wow your doing amazing congratulations

I'm on day 4 and I'm loving not being hungry and I'm eating really well sticking to a 1200 calorie diet

Have not been to the gym the last two days, had two more exams on consecutive days. All done now, most stressful last two weeks, probably not the best timing to start Metermine, ah well...

Day 9- M30mg at 0615
Side effects
Have been waking up super early still, am not able to go back to sleep. However today after my exam I felt super lethargic and slept for an hour and a half in the afternoon. Still have elevated heart rate.

Meals
Breakfast: bircher muesli, yoghurt and berries.
Lunch: 2x wholemeal toast w/ nut butter
Snack: 10x rice crackers with salsa, raw slice
Dinner: 3x slices of watermelon

Day 10- M30mg at 0700
Side effects Felt a bit nauseous all day, probably just nerves about studying and exams. I feel like the 'hunger suppressant' is not as strong as when I started, but when I do eat I feel full quickly. Maybe I am not having regular enough smaller meals to keep me satisfied.

Meals
Breakfast: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries with yoghurt, carrot stick.
Lunch: pulled chicken and avo salad with rocket/spinach, caesar dressing, also shared some fries with a friend (felt very full and bloated after this)
Dinner: 2x wholemeal toast with vegemite.
Snack: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries with yoghurt

Keep up the good work

Maybe just add more protein to your diet so u feel fuller for longer

WEEK THREE UPDATE

SW: 82.2kg
CW: 77.1kg (total loss of 5.1kg in three weeks)
GW: 68.0kg

Only a small loss this week, however better than nothing!
I found myself eating when I wasn't hungry, perhaps more so out of habit.
I love the effect of Duromine (extra energy and alertness), however I look forward to experiencing this 'high' naturally.
I saw my GP this week. My blood pressure was within the optimal range and I received a prescription for another month of 30mg.
Only 9 kilos to go to my goal! :)

Haven't had much of an appetite the last few days. Haven't really been maintaining a great diet either. Unsure of how next results will be.

Day 11- M30mg at 0715

Only ended up having one meal today due to work being busy and me not being organised to make breaky.
Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken w/ rice and salad.
Snack: Chocolate gelato

Exercise: gym 30 mins, cardio and legs

Day 12- M30mg at 0645
Same again today
Snack: Flat white Coffee
Dinner: Chicken Pad Thai

Exercise: gym 30 mins, cardio and arms

Day 13- M30mg at 0830

Breakfast: 2x Whole meal toast with vegemite
Dinner: 2x slice wood fire pizza with broccoli and mixed leaf salad.
Snack: 3 x churros….don't judge. Bad decision I know…karma got me back with a badass sugar headache.

No exercise today.

Day 14 - M30mg at 0700
Breakfast: berries and yoghurt
Snack: peach danish
Dinner: Grill'd, low carb bun beef burger with sweet potato chips.

Day 15 - M30mg at 0730
Lunch: 1x beef rice paper roll, 1x small flat white
Snack: Carman's yoghurt protein bar.
Exercise: 5km run/walk.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weigh in today Wednesday, just over two weeks.

SW: 99.9kg
W1: 95.3kg (-4.6kg)
CW: 93.9kg (1.4kg)
Loss: 6kg

That is amazing. 6kg in 2 weeks. Well done!!!