Duromine Day 2

DansNemesis said:
Thank you!

Totally in the zone. No side effects yet and the meds are working a treat!

Hey buddy,

I'm on day two of duromine. Starting weight is 129kg, I'm a big guy, so I'm looking to get down to 105, see how that is and dare to dream of double figures.

Good luck on your weight loss, I've got myself a Fitbit to track my steps and log all my food because I know if I'm not super strict I'll easily go off the rails.

No side effects for me so far, had a poor sleep last night but that's not unusual for me!

Keep updating on your progress! Need more guys in here.

Reactions: DansNemesis
Hey! I'm not alone!

I too use a Fitbit to track my activity, it really makes you think! It's spurred me on to move frequently and become more active.

My start weight was 172.4kg and I'm aiming for 107kg or thereabouts (I'm 192cm tall) any less than that I feel I will look gaunt. But if... NO.... WHEN I get there I can decide if I want to go further.

Today is the start of day 4 for me and I'm down 4kg (9lb)

I'm using "FatSecret" to track my calorie intack. Used it many times over the years, but this is the time I've used it without feeling deprived or hungry. I can see this actually working which is awesome as I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager.

Still no noticeable side effects.

Let me know how you're going ;-) it's good to have another guy on here!

Hi Everyone.
Ive just started the duromine journey yesterday and its my first time. I must admit i was a bit frightened by reading about some of the side effects but thought I'd take my chances.
Day 1 yesterday was uneventful. I set my alarm at 4am as advised by the gp. Went back to sleep. No rush, no energy burst, no loss of hunger feelings, slept fine.... im on the 30mg. Im not usually a big water drinker but managed 500ml fir the day which is a big effort for me but i didnt feel thirsty or have that dry mouth effect so im still waiting for the tabs to kick in?

Day 2 day... again no dramas. Ate healthily but was still aware of being hungry. Again no feelings of energy in fact i felt tired and had a nap about 2pm.
Its late now and im hungry. Normally i would get up and grab a small snack but i wont...

Day 1
Height 163
Weight 101
Goal weight 60kgs
Fingers crossed this works for me.

heyas and welcome , I am day 4 now only side effects have been dryish taste and never hungry :)

Use it as a tool only the work comes from you and you will see the weight drop off and feel amazing :)

Reactions: Ladyflyer
HI there, I am in my 3rd week on 30mg Duromine and like yourself I was also a bit worried about side effects lack of sleep being the main one and really just wanted an energy boost after having 5 kids i had let my weight go and reached 85.5kg which was the biggest I had ever been. For the first 2 days I had headaches and still able to eat and sleep normally.Day 3 and I woke up with heaps of energy able to have a workout and on a cleaning frenzy all day had a bit of a sleepless night so decided to take pill around 4am . I also exercise 5 to 6 days a week doing high intensity workouts mma type and play touch rugby once a week I dont feel hungry and have totally gone off chocolate which is a real biggy for me. I dont drink much water but try and drink at least 600mls a day I also can sleep and by bedtime now 9pm im tired ready to sleep.
CW: 78kg
GW: 65kg

Reactions: Teex and Ladyflyer
Ladyflyer said:
Hi Everyone.
Ive just started the duromine journey yesterday and its my first time. I must admit i was a bit frightened by reading about some of the side effects but thought I'd take my chances.
Day 1 yesterday was uneventful. I set my alarm at 4am as advised by the gp. Went back to sleep. No rush, no energy burst, no loss of hunger feelings, slept fine.... im on the 30mg. Im not usually a big water drinker but managed 500ml fir the day which is a big effort for me but i didnt feel thirsty or have that dry mouth effect so im still waiting for the tabs to kick in?

Day 2 day... again no dramas. Ate healthily but was still aware of being hungry. Again no feelings of energy in fact i felt tired and had a nap about 2pm.
Its late now and im hungry. Normally i would get up and grab a small snack but i wont...

Day 1
Height 163
Weight 101
Goal weight 60kgs
Fingers crossed this works for me.
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Reactions: Ladyflyer
Welcome ladyflyer :)
We are the same starting weight I'm just 9cm taller .
On my third month now and still no energy!! So I think some get it some don't, I need it but it won't give it to me
Usually the dry mouth etc stop after a few days, I sleep like a baby and had hot sweats etc for the first 4-5? Nights?
I found for me I don't think of food much... Not like I used to and live on fruit salads now... We are talking MEGA bowls of fruit salad not these tiny blink and you miss it tiny things , I like my food lol
I don't really drink water but do drink bucket loads of coffee a day!! (Yeah still no energy)
Hope you do well Hun and look forward to seeing how you go xxx

Hi there
I have been on the pills for nearly a month now. Started at 122.5 kilos and after a holiday in Thailand I realised how big and unfit I was, so as soon as I got home off the the docs I go looking for advice on lapband surgery. He told me that surgery was an absolute last resort and said that he would prescribe duramine if I give it a good shot on getting myself on track by eating healthy and starting to excersise. I agreed to this and I am glad I did.
The first week I lost 4.5 kilos and the next two weeks it was 11/2 kilos. I still get hungry but push through until the next meal and when I do eat I fill quickly.
I also count calories and try to stick with about 1200 cals a day and have been pretty good at it for a month.
Cross figures I can keep it up.
Good luck with both your Journeys and you can ask me if you want some help and support because that's what this site is about, Support
Steve

Stephen4 said:
Hi there
I have been on the pills for nearly a month now. Started at 122.5 kilos and after a holiday in Thailand I realised how big and unfit I was, so as soon as I got home off the the docs I go looking for advice on lapband surgery. He told me that surgery was an absolute last resort and said that he would prescribe duramine if I give it a good shot on getting myself on track by eating healthy and starting to excersise. I agreed to this and I am glad I did.
The first week I lost 4.5 kilos and the next two weeks it was 11/2 kilos. I still get hungry but push through until the next meal and when I do eat I fill quickly.
I also count calories and try to stick with about 1200 cals a day and have been pretty good at it for a month.
Cross figures I can keep it up.
Good luck with both your Journeys and you can ask me if you want some help and support because that's what this site is about, Support
Steve
Hey, Thanks for replying.

For the first time ever I asked the Dr for help. I've been overweight since my teens. She did say at my weight go for surgery. Although I'm really big I'm actually quite active and the weights not stopped me doing too much. But I asked if I could try the tablets first as my wife was prescribed them the day before me.

We are doing a VLCD as well as the tablets.

I've lost 7.2kg this week.
My wife lost 5kg.

We're both totally in the zone. We're making sure if we go out or have people over we allow for the calories and eat in a healthier way.

It seems any side effects are wearing off. We do some hunger pangs between meals but we were told we would. We were told to have a cuppa and allow it to wear off.

Thanks again for the message!

It's great to have a way to connect with others on the same journey.

Dan

Best of luck Dan you can do it ! remember its a full lifestyle change, to embrace your new found health and not look on it as a diet , do not make your self feel deprived I think thats a killer.

You can do this !

Reactions: DansNemesis
Lisa Cotter said:
Best of luck Dan you can do it ! remember its a full lifestyle change, to embrace your new found health and not look on it as a diet , do not make your self feel deprived I think thats a killer.

You can do this !
Thank you Lisa!

Totally seeing this as a way to finally get to a healthy weight and make permanent changes all round.

Vix said:
Welcome ladyflyer :)
We are the same starting weight I'm just 9cm taller .
On my third month now and still no energy!! So I think some get it some don't, I need it but it won't give it to me
Usually the dry mouth etc stop after a few days, I sleep like a baby and had hot sweats etc for the first 4-5? Nights?
I found for me I don't think of food much... Not like I used to and live on fruit salads now... We are talking MEGA bowls of fruit salad not these tiny blink and you miss it tiny things , I like my food lol
I don't really drink water but do drink bucket loads of coffee a day!! (Yeah still no energy)
Hope you do well Hun and look forward to seeing how you go xxx
Thank you so much xxx yeah i had a few days of sweats early on too. Still sleeping ok and no bursts of energy so yep i guess its different for me. Good luck and all the best to you ✌

Started Duromine 1st October, 2016
Female, 28, 177cm / 5'10"

SW: 82.2kg
CW: 80.5kg
GW: 68.0kg

2 days in and down 1.7 kilos.
I hope to reach my goal weight by mid December (a loss of 14.2 kilos in 10 weeks).
I definitely feel that this is achievable.

Ladyflyer said:
Thank you so much xxx yeah i had a few days of sweats early on too. Still sleeping ok and no bursts of energy so yep i guess its different for me. Good luck and all the best to you ✌
I didnt get any energy boosts either...

Sunshine16 said:
Started Duromine 1st October, 2016
Female, 28, 177cm / 5'10"

CW: 80.5kg

2 days in and down 1.7 kilos.
I hope to reach my goal weight by mid December (a loss of 14.2 kilos in 10 weeks).
I definitely feel that this is achievable.
Good luck in your journey , I also started using duromine around September, and I lost 10Ks in less 4 weeks, however I walk at least 4 times a week. I also drink lots of water, 1 litre for every 30kg I weigh and by the way my starting weight was 110. so I am drinking 3 - 4 litres of water. I detox every morning with warm water, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

WEEK ONE UPDATE

CW: 78.9kg (total loss of 3.3kg in one week)

Average daily calorie count: 1,083
Average daily step count: 6,642
Exercise: nil

Goals for Week 2:
Aim for a daily dietary intake of 1,100 - 1,300 calories
2 X 4km runs and 1 gym session

I don't want this to be a 'quick fix', so I plan to increase my calorie intake and exercise to a healthy, attainable amount.

Hi there
I just started today , been quite thirsty , a little worried how everyone is saying they don't want to sleep ...
Sw 95

Trying to stay on not much carbs and looking at 1200 cal a day
Any body else started today
I did do 2.5k walk
Hope u all had good day

Hello all, another introduction to add to the list! Sorry for the long post...

I started on Metermine 30mg on 10 October, so this is my first day really. Still unsure what to expect in regards to side effects and I will be interested to see if this actually works for me. I am currently floating on the 98-99kg mark and am 173cm. I don't have a 'goal weight' exactly because that can mean anything. My ultimate goal is to fit a size 12 and my mini goal is to fit into all of my size 14 clothes that I used to be able to wear.

I have had problems with my weight for most of my life starting in my early teenage years around 12-13. At 18 years old I was sitting at 82-83kgs, a few months after I graduated I was 86kgs. I then moved out of home and lost 10 kgs and for two years I was 76kgs (the happiest I've been in my life, and not due to my body size/image). I then moved home and had the Implanon in…worst decision of my entire life. Over the next two years I slowly put on over 25kgs, much to my devastation. I have since had it removed once I realised the terrible things it did to my body, I then tried the mini pill which was not great and have now gone onto the combined pill (around Jan), which is not ideal, but my only option at the moment.

Over the last 8 months I have been going to a PT on and off, I get some weeks of pure motivation and commitment to a healthy and active lifestyle and then weeks of the complete opposite, binge eating and no exercise. Have seen zero weight loss results from my PT (have had some cms off but not much) which is a little disheartening when I had been trying so hard….which then the sends me into my binge of depression.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to turn my bursts of motivation and activity into a long term lifestyle change? With my diet I get frustrated at myself because I feel like I am very well informed of how to have a healthy nutritional intake for weight loss…I just DON'T adhere to it because of laziness. I need to change this! Any hints or tips appreciated.

Update: End of day 2. Might seem silly to continue posting but this is for my benefit really, to try and keep myself on track!

Side effects: dry mouth - but combated with lots of water and herbal tea, last night when I went to bed I was more aware of my heart beating, felt stronger…but maybe that was because I had this pill on my mind all day, just nerves and thinking about waiting for the side effects. So maybe it was all in my head?

Below is an update of my food intake. I do not know how to describe my appetite at the moment. My body doesn't physically feel hungry, no hunger pangs, but my mind is? If that makes sense. Like my mind thinks it is hungry but my body probably doesn't need food.

I read posts about how people nearly 'forget to eat'. That will never be a problem of mine ha! Anyway if anyone has any suggestions about what I should or shouldn't be having below please let me know! (Unless you're telling me to quit cheese, cause honey that'll never happen!!)

Day 1 - Started Metermine 30mg at 0800
Breakfast; Carman's Greek Yoghurt Museli Bar
Lunch: Grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, parmesan.
Dinner: Tempura Fish fillet, spinach, roasted capsicum and tomato, beetroot, goats chèvre.
Probably minimum 3L of water, I was so thirsty.
No exercise.

Day 2 - M30mg at 0630
Breakfast: 1x poached egg on 1x wholemeal toast with teaspoon hommus.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: grilled chicken, quinoa, tomato, cucumber, feta (small serve maybe ½-¾ cup)
Snack: 6 almonds, teaspoon hommus
Dinner: grilled chicken, spinach, roast capsicum, beetroot, feta.
30 minute power walk uphill.
I was studying all day today sitting at a desk!

Heading back home tomorrow from the coast and will be back at work and the gym.