Duromine Day 2

Sunshine16 said:
WEEK ONE UPDATE

SW: 82.2kg
CW: 78.9kg (total loss of 3.3kg in one week)
GW: 68.0kg

Average daily calorie count: 1,083
Average daily step count: 6,642
Exercise: nil

Goals for Week 2:
Aim for a daily dietary intake of 1,100 - 1,300 calories
2 X 4km runs and 1 gym session

I don't want this to be a 'quick fix', so I plan to increase my calorie intake and exercise to a healthy, attainable amount.
That's fantastic you want to up your cals and exercise a little. You will benefit a great deal. It seems you do quite a bit just in your steps which is great. If your adding in that much running I would possibly up your cals closer to 1400 at least though to be giving your body enough energy.
Note that running is great for weight loss, but will burn a lot of muscle too, if your doing it for the love of running then go ahead by all means, if it's purely for weight loss I'de suggest power walking instead, this will burn most fat, least muscle.
Remember to eat lots of protien too

WEEK FOUR UPDATE

CW: 75.3kg (total loss of 6.9kg in four weeks)

Average daily calorie count: approx 1,200
Average daily step count: 9,834
Exercise: 3 X 3km Runs

After 3 weeks of being on Duromine with no exercise (other than walking), I finally pushed through the barrier and went for 3 X 3km runs. It was tough, but it really boosted my confidence. Next week I plan to visit the gym and slowly reintroduce weight training.
I haven't been tracking my food intake, however I am eating similar foods and portion sizes each day.

I hope you're all having great success!

Reactions: Mariakeogh2016
WEEK FIVE UPDATE (a day early!)

CW: 74.2kg (total loss of 8.0kg in five weeks)

Average daily step count: 10,958
Exercise: 3 X 4km Runs

Happy with progress! I haven't made it to the gym, however I've increased my running slightly since last week.
6 kilos and 6 weeks until I hope to reach my goal weight. Definitely achievable. :laughing:

Dikeledi said:
Good luck in your journey , I also started using duromine around September, and I lost 10Ks in less 4 weeks, however I walk at least 4 times a week. I also drink lots of water, 1 litre for every 30kg I weigh and by the way my starting weight was 110. so I am drinking 3 - 4 litres of water. I detox every morning with warm water, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

Hi, Im on day 4, my blood pressure seems to have rissen a little so Im wanting to do the detox drink in the morning, it's helped regulate my blood pressure in the past. Do you take your tablet first or detox?

Sunshine16 said:
WEEK FOUR UPDATE

CW: 75.3kg (total loss of 6.9kg in four weeks)

Average daily step count: 9,834
Exercise: 3 X 3km Runs

After 3 weeks of being on Duromine with no exercise (other than walking), I finally pushed through the barrier and went for 3 X 3km runs. It was tough, but it really boosted my confidence. Next week I plan to visit the gym and slowly reintroduce weight training.
I haven't been tracking my food intake, however I am eating similar foods and portion sizes each day.

I hope you're all having great success!
Hello! I am brand new here today. I am 85kgs so perhaps similar to you. Do you mind if I ask if it is difficult to get a prescription?

Hi! My name is Mekaylah and I am 20 years old. I am 5'3" and I started my Duromine journey 2 days ago. I am on the 40mgs. When I started I was 113kgs. I am now 110kgs.
I used to go to the gym often but I was not having any luck with anything. I am now going back to the gym whilst taking the tablets and I've lost weight already! I am aiming to be 85kgs or at least a size 14 before I travel across the ocean to see the love of my life in February...!!!) this is probably a very unrealistic goal, but hey! I can dream can't I?

Thank you all so much for the inspiration and courage to post this! I can't wait to update with with my progress, in hopes to inspire people just as I have been inspired! x

Good luck Mekaylah! I believe that impossible is possible when you really want it! And you can achieve whatever goal you want, just believe! :)

Hey Mekaylah! I started the duromine last January. I was 110kg almost 2 years ago and then I began doing karate and lost about 10kg. Which was when I started taking the tablets. I weighed in this morning at 62kg. :) Don't stop exercising! That's the key. And make sure you track your calories. It's just math. Use more energy than you put in your body and the weight will drop off. Good luck :)

Day 2 - last night I got 5.5hours sleep to be exact but I don't feel tired this morning but felt like I could have used more sleep. Not too bad with side effects, although last night I had a very bad headache at right temple - any suggestions on a remedy? I also drank nearly 6L of water - is this too much? Thanks in advance for the advice if you have any...

I found myself very chatty for an hour in the day and couldn't sit still and I also walked the dog twice to get the energy out last night. Felt wired until midnight. I ate less than 1,100 calories total yesterday and only because I forced myself to eat a piece of toast in the later evening to try alleviate the headache (helped a little), and my Fitbit says I burned 3,000.

I couldn't help but get on the scales this morning despite my resolve to stay off them for a week. I'm 1/2 kg down. I feel like o could put that back on in a heartbeat though.

Age- 37
Height- 164
SW- 79.3kg
CE- 78.8kg
GW- 59kg

Hi

l have read that drinking water helps... good news is that some people wrote that the side affects dissapear after one or 2 weeks l also read that eating in the morning with the tablet helps (that didnt work with me as I have been eating a boiled egg with the tablet).....I'm on day 3 and my head is the best its been since i started not sure if this made a difference but today I had my tablet 1hr after breaky rather than with it... or if my body is adjusting to d .... fingers crossed it isn't there tomorrow

l had a restless night last too l slept ok the first 2 nights so im not sure why i had issues last night:(

like you l am not feeling too confident about any weight loss and i guess its like as soon as l feel too confident il jump on the scales and it will go up ;)

Dee

Reactions: Anapolis
Dee2017 said:
Hi

l have read that drinking water helps... good news is that some people wrote that the side affects dissapear after one or 2 weeks l also read that eating in the morning with the tablet helps (that didnt work with me as I have been eating a boiled egg with the tablet).....I'm on day 3 and my head is the best its been since i started not sure if this made a difference but today I had my tablet 1hr after breaky rather than with it... or if my body is adjusting to d .... fingers crossed it isn't there tomorrow

l had a restless night last too l slept ok the first 2 nights so im not sure why i had issues last night:(

like you l am not feeling too confident about any weight loss and i guess its like as soon as l feel too confident il jump on the scales and it will go up ;)

Dee

I've never judged anyone for surgical or chemical intervention but I never thought I'd wind up on Phentermine... and here I am.

The skepticism is normal, I guess, but I'm not on it because I don't believe it will work - I must deep down hope for the best or I wouldn't be on it.

I have been taking my wee pill with breakfast but maybe it's just because it was day one. Today I have remnants of the headache that was but it doesn't feel so severe just yet but it didn't really hit hard until later afternoon/evening.

I hope tonight is better for you :)

Reactions: Dee2017
hi i can relate.... it was just a spontaneous for me....i was at the drs and thought i really need help to stop snacking and l must loose weight......so i asked her about taking something to help me stop snacking... she weighed me and agreed (to be honest you can tell by looking at me im over weight)... plus l told her l am wanting to do another ivf cycle and i truly believe the weight is preventing it from happening.... after all im probably 20kg over weight..... so i was very surprised and very happy to get the duromine.. so far touch wood its working i have used it before years ago but was silly and didn't eat got bad headaches dizziness etc and felt ill sure i dropped weight quickly but that doesn't last...

It will work but we need to help it work... its stopped my snacking and my craving for sweets is not there... well it is ...but i walk away easier.... especially when my brain says are you sure... have a glass of milk or water.... after all you paid over a $100 and have 3 months to do this..and l m excersising l have a short time to make this work so If i cant commit over the 2-3 months il never loose this weight I know that this will give me the start needed to keep going i just need the help to get me going so far day 4 im doing well;)

You can and will do this :)too yes they say first 3 -7 days are the worst my headache was very mild for the first 2 days....l also ate a boiled egg with my tablet and maybe that helped ease the affects.... I slept way better last night ... thanks

I hope your headache is much better.:)... just persevere it will go.. maybe take a panadol if its bad?
Dee

I checked with the pharmacist and I can take paracetamol with the phentermine.

I haven't had to yet - touch wood.

I'm glad you slept well :)

That's good to know... its like a clayton... the headache is there but it isn't I had nothing yesterday... just felt ill, but today its just there, on and off and I dont feel ill...weird... sugar withdraws wouldn't help either

I hope your feeling heaps better have you weighed yourself yet or are you holding off for 7 days?

Deb said:
Hey Mekaylah! I started the duromine last January. I was 110kg almost 2 years ago and then I began doing karate and lost about 10kg. Which was when I started taking the tablets. I weighed in this morning at 62kg. :) Don't stop exercising! That's the key. And make sure you track your calories. It's just math. Use more energy than you put in your body and the weight will drop off. Good luck :)

Hey Deb, I'm a karate girl too! Awesome for allover fitness of body and mind. I'll get back to it once i have recovered from my calf injury :) good luck with your journey!

After 9 days, I'm down 2.4kg. I'm grateful but also disappointed.

SW 79.3
CW 76.9
GW 59.0

Side effects are limited now to constipation (of sorts). It's not uncomfortable but it is alarming. I drank some senna tea last night which helped.

Still very thirsty - or at least my mouth thinks I am .

I hope you are all doing well x

Hi Anapolis

You shouldn't be dissapointed....I thinks that is a fantastic effort and lots of people would be so happy with that sort of weight loss .. well done!!! :cool:
keep up your great work and before you know it you will only have 2.4kg to loose before you reach your goal weight

I hear you on the constipation side of things :eek:

I look forward to reading you next updateo_O Dee x

Hey peeps! Quick catch up on all your posts and a quick update. It has been good to catch up on all the progress.

16 full days on the Duromine now .

Height: 165cm
SW: 79.3
CW: 76.6
GW: 59.9

Total loss of 2.7kg in 16 days - which means in 7 days I've lost a grand total of 0.3kg. I would be disappointed but I have sine the beginning lost 5.5cm from my hips, 6.0cm from my waist, 5.8cm from my thighs and 1.6cm from my arms. I'm also 5.5% down on my body fat percentage. How can I be disappointed with that? Well, if I'm honest, despite logic and what I know about weight and build, I want the scales to validate me and I want to be lighter - that sounds like I'm obsessing, I know but not really as there is an ulterior motive. I'm very pleased with the size loss but ultimately I want to get back to my fitness group and I need to be carrying less weight to not further endanger my knees because I can't have full replacements until I'm 45yo. That is still 8 years away!

I've been averaging a burn of 2,600cals total per day over the last week or so - I was burning 3,000cals total per day but I've been really pushing time to even get to 2,600cals with work being a bit hectic. It's a public holiday today so I'm determined to get up to 3,000cals today. I've even turned the work phone off and shut the laptop down which didn't even happen on New Year's Day! I'm consuming an average of 900cals per day - which isn't bothersome with the help of the Duromine.

I still have a long road ahead as 59.9kg doesn't just happen for me . I visited the Dr yesterday just to check in and see that I'm on the right track. He's happy with the rate of weight loss.

I'm still not 'regular' even with the Metamucil so I think I'll go back on the senna tea this week just for a couple of days.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well because it takes more than Duromine to get the job done. You have to have the right attitude and a willingness to learn and change and the determination to see it through.

Great work guys!
Happy Australia Day

We dig, dig, dig (remembered the song of the dwarfs from the Snow White =)) )That’s what you have been doing. You kept digging and managed to “dig off” quite a considerable amount of cm from you. That’s so cool!

It’s a great thing you have decided to measure yourself, because many people forget about this and only consider the numbers on the scales. It often happens so that you don’t lose lots of kilos, yet your volumes melt. I’m glad you already know it and I have to admit you’re doing a fantastic job with your physical activity. However, 900 kcal sounds like quite a meager energy income. You might be shooting yourself in the foot right now. If you’re worried your weight loss will be slower if you start having 1000-1200 kcal, pick those extra 300 from something extremely healthy. I don’t know… have a vegetable smoothie or extra salad, or something…

Remember, you do have to lose weight, yet you will stop taking D at a certain time and you will be OBLIGED to stick to the same caloric value of the day. 1200 is perfect to keep up with, even if you’re not on D. 900 – questionable. Give it a good thinking, may be slightly revise your nutrition. Good luck and keep it up, Anapolis! You’re doing fantastic!!!!

April said:
We dig, dig, dig (remembered the song of the dwarfs from the Snow White =)) )That’s what you have been doing. You kept digging and managed to “dig off” quite a considerable amount of cm from you. That’s so cool!

It’s a great thing you have decided to measure yourself, because many people forget about this and only consider the numbers on the scales. It often happens so that you don’t lose lots of kilos, yet your volumes melt. I’m glad you already know it and I have to admit you’re doing a fantastic job with your physical activity. However, 900 kcal sounds like quite a meager energy income. You might be shooting yourself in the foot right now. If you’re worried your weight loss will be slower if you start having 1000-1200 kcal, pick those extra 300 from something extremely healthy. I don’t know… have a vegetable smoothie or extra salad, or something…

Remember, you do have to lose weight, yet you will stop taking D at a certain time and you will be OBLIGED to stick to the same caloric value of the day. 1200 is perfect to keep up with, even if you’re not on D. 900 – questionable. Give it a good thinking, may be slightly revise your nutrition. Good luck and keep it up, Anapolis! You’re doing fantastic!!!!

Thanks April!

I will take that on board. I could squeeze in another 200-300cals I suppose - how hard can it be? I feel so full when I eat even small amounts and often I have to remind myself to eat. I have a reminder on my watch 6 times a day. I might just allow myself an additional 50cals per main meal and bring back my morning soy latte with honey - although I might switch it out for decaf! I gave up drinking my morning coffee when I started this journey.

Thanks again for the advice :)

Reactions: Dee2017 and April