Duromine Day 5

chrissykay23 said:
Day 5 has come quick!!!

its exciting to see changes!! FINALLY!! i have been needing this boost and change for a long while!

Iv had my ups and downs the past few days but today is the first day i actually didnt get any side effects! it was a nice change! i was positive all day and felt great about myself and my correct weight loss so far!

iv started my day with going to the gym early as i didn't have to start work till 2pm! had lots of energy as usual but I have a question to those that say "i could run a mile!"

OK... how is anyone capable to run on the treadmil while on duromine?!!

i tried 2nd day in and my chest was tight and was slight dizzy.. so i slowed my workout right down.. as a person who loves to run and now smoker free for the last 9 days!! Every time I'm on the treadmill i can only get up to 6.0kph!! without thinking about it, my chest doesn't get tight or my heart doesn't feel like its RACING and i dont feel breathless or dizzy! now, yes i was a casual smoker (meaning smoking on weekends only..) and i was never breathless unless i had a big night out before.. so feeling like this was really uncomfortable! I would love to run again but does anyone else get these side effects? if not what are you doing that i should be!!?? :p

Did u start at 15 ot 30mg? Whats your weight and height before u started taking duromine?

Hi Guys,
So i have been reading alot of the posts here.
And i decided to post.
i am scheduled for a breast reduction in April and wanted to loose as much weight as humanly possible before then. In Jan i made changes, i started eating better and training 4 times a week. But after only loosing 3ish kgs when i have about 30 too loose i looked for help at the end of Jan, So 1st of feb came and i started my course. I drink about 3l of water a day, i eat about 1200cals and still continue to train.
Sin i started duromine on sunday i have lost 1kg so im a little happier, thinking if i can get it up to like 1.5-2kgs a week, i would be so close to my goal weight. and figured i can work on things after the op again. My problem is im obssessed with the scale at the moment, i get on it about 3 times a day. I know this isnt good. Before the surgery was scheduled i wasnt to phased about weight and wanted to increase my fitness and get healthy.
Now i cant help it. i have sooooo much to loose its crazy that its coming off so slowly.

Any advice?

Thanks Super Ladies

Day six - 1.5 kgs down

Super!! :)
Really good result at this point.
Stay motivated and focused;) we're watching you :p:p:p

LOL Thanks Kate, One day at a time right?
Have a wonderful weekend!

Reactions: Kate
Down 3kg in 5 days

Going to stop weighing myself daily, as I know this is unhealthy. Every Thursday morning from now on!

Had a few side effects in the last couple of days. Dull head ache and waking up still jittery from the day before. This normally calms down by the time I've taken another one and had breakfast. I'm going to sleep fine but waking up at 5am wide awake. And I'm not a morning person! Lots of energy which is good. Going to start going for walks and some simple weight exercises this week.

My diet is fine. No craving at all. Still on my 3x optifast shakes and 2 cups of veggies every day. Going strong! Only part I'm hating is missing out on going to lunch with the work girls!

Well that's my first 5 days on duromine done! Looking forward to more success!!

How is everyone else going?

Awesome work doll! I'm on day 10 and down 3.6 kgs! In total I've lost just over 40kgs, and I'm starting to get close to my goals!! :) keep up the awesome work!!

Reactions: Colette
Wow! Caity that's amazing! It stories like yours that inspire me to push through! I think "if they can do it so can I"! Thanks for the support and congrats on your hard work and weight loss!

hey everyone

my name is Yolane and I live in South Africa. I am a 26 year old mother of the busiest little 2 year old boy ever.
when I was pregnant I gained over 12kg's which put me a staggering weight of 103kgs. I thought I'd lose most of the weight after birth but I only lost about 3kgs, which was the weight of my baby. quite sad lol.

last year I decided to go on a weight loss eating plan, I was 98kgs at the time. this was April 2014. I lost all of 5kgs, and managed to keep it off, but didn't stick to the eating plan. it's very difficult because eating healthy is quite pricey. I then decided to try the 13 day diet. if any of you have tried this diet I'm sure you know how hectic it is. I only got to day 7 when I broke. but I had lost 7kgs in the process. which I also managed to keep off till the dreaded festive season came in.

when I finally stepped on a scale in January when I joined the gym I was back at 95kgs. my heart sank.
anyway I was determined to stay at gym and drop a few kgs. I was going strong for a few months, till my partner backed out on me and I got sick. so I stopped again.
in May bf proposed. this was my ultimate. I just cannot imagine been a fat bride. so I immediately started on an adventure boot camp diet. But not exercising wasn't helping and I didn't lose anything.
About 3 weeks ago, I was sick and at my GP. And I asked her about duromine and if she could prescribe it for me. she did and I was so amped to get started but first had to finish my course of antibiotics and feel well before I started. she weighed me and I was in at 98kgs. I was really upset cause I was literally back to where I started out a year ago.

Anyway. I started duromine this Monday the 6th of July. So I am on my 5th day today.

My first day was quite hectic. I had toast for breakfast 2 slices with some cheese. took the pill by 7am. About 30minutes later I felt it kick in. I felt totally high. my body felt almost numb. it was such an odd feeling. my head felt light and floaty. but I was really energised. I usually get hungry by 10am on a normal day. but I actually lasted till 12 noon. then I had broccoli and cauliflower for lunch. I felt full after like 3 forkfuls.
I always drink a lot of water 1.5l a day at work and a bit more at home, so my water intake hasn't really changed much. but I do have a funny taste in my mouth constantly. Monday night I went to gym and did 20mins of cardio and really broke a sweat. for supper I had some curry about 2 table spoon fulls. no rice. and I felt stuffed like I had eaten a truck load. I slept ok.

I find myself getting hungry quite often though. I thought this was supposed to be an appetite suppressant?

today (day 5) I feel totally buzzed out. I feel like I did on the first day. and I was also just hungry a few minutes ago. but that feeling is gone now.
I am so anxious to weigh myself so that I can see how much I've lost so far, if anything at all. but my scale at home has a flat battery. and I also see most of you ladies are holding out till day 7. I'll try wait as best as I can. but it will take a lot for me to not get on the scale at gym tonight.

other than feeling high and super energised I'm not getting much of the other side effects. which is good. cause my son drives me up the wall most days. I can't imagine been agro and snappy with him around.

I truly hope this works for me. I used to be super skinny. 55kg at 1.69m. So been this heavy has really put a damper on my confidence.

Welcome, Yolane!:)
I wish you to lose all the excess weight you want. If you change your eating habits and add some more physical activity (not necessarily gym, riding a bike can help too) you will achieve your goal.

I just have one question: why eating healthy is pricey for you? Are veggies and fruits so expensive in your place? Because my simple calculation of everything an average family buys every week - shows that it is not. If you sit and write down every single product you buy at store (ketchup, mayo, potato chips, chocolate bars, etc.), I am sure they are as pricey as raw vegetables. And I know that fast food is probably the cheapest food on Earth, but my health is more important for me. But, I don't live in SA so I don't really know...:oops:

Still, I hope you will find your own way of cooking healthy meals and your exercise routine will bring you not only a good weight loss but also some joy.

Good luck!

Kate said:
Welcome, Yolane!:)
I wish you to lose all the excess weight you want. If you change your eating habits and add some more physical activity (not necessarily gym, riding a bike can help too) you will achieve your goal.

I just have one question: why eating healthy is pricey for you? Are veggies and fruits so expensive in your place? Because my simple calculation of everything an average family buys every week - shows that it is not. If you sit and write down every single product you buy at store (ketchup, mayo, potato chips, chocolate bars, etc.), I am sure they are as pricey as raw vegetables. And I know that fast food is probably the cheapest food on Earth, but my health is more important for me. But, I don't live in SA so I don't really know...:oops:

Still, I hope you will find your own way of cooking healthy meals and your exercise routine will bring you not only a good weight loss but also some joy.

Good luck!

Hi Kate!

Thanks for the thumbs up.

fruit and veg are not so much pricey. It is my budget that doesn't allow. when we get paid in my household it is cheaper to buy in bulk for the month. and fresh fruit and veg as well as salad stuff are not things that can be bought in bulk. most eating plans consist of lots of snacks and fresh fruit and veg. and I find myself sticking to it for about 2 weeks before things and money runs out. then I revert to old ways.

Anyhow I think I've been good enough this week. having 2 slices of toast in the morning or all bran cereal. And since tueday I've been having herbalife shakes for lunch. And very little of what is for supper at home. it's a big change for me, because I am a HUGE eater. I love food. and sometimes even eat when I am not hungry. So the duromine is definitely helping in that aspect.

I hope to drop at least 20kgs by the time I am done.

Reactions: Kate
Hi Yolane

All the best with your journey- keep us posted with your progress.

I am in SA too. Today was day 4 me.

Hi Tee

Good luck on your journey too. I hope you lose your desired amount.

Today is day 6 for me. I plan on going to gym in a few minutes. So breakfast was 2 slices of toast and baked beans. So yummy. That will hopefully be all my carbs for the day. I'm a carb junkie. So trying this will be a real test for me.
I also plan on weighing myself at gym today. I just can't hold out anymore. I need to know if I've lost anything.
It's about half hour since I've taken the duromine and I'm starting to feel the rush.

How have your side effects been? How are you eating or not eating?

I'll be trying to post up every day so as to keep track of my eating and exercise. I've always heard that keeping a food journal helps.

Later I'll post my weigh in results. Hopefully it's good.

Soo.. Done at gym. Worked out so vigorously I thought my heart was going to explode. But apparently I'm not supposed to eat before a vigorous work out.. Oops lol.

Anyway

1st weigh-in : 93.6kg
Start weight: 98.4kg

I'm soo stoked !! Hope I continue like this

Day 7

This morning I really pigged out and I'm so disappointed in myself.
I'm going to try my best to eat less for the rest of the day.
Doubt I'll go to gym today. My body feels broken from yesterday's workout. I'm actually groaning every time I try to sit.
I'll see how I feel later.

Quite sad that no one has really posted anything all weekend.
I actually needed some type of support, cause I was home alone, and even though I wasn't hungry I really wanted to eat something.
It's a bad habit I've got that is probably the reason why I got to this weight in the first place.
Anyway I'm decided not to eat. But to reward myself with a handful of lays. It seemed to take away the urge. Then I had a cup of green tea. And slept. This morning was a total flop though. I'm sitting here feeling super stuffed, and I could really kick myself for it. .

Soo.. Thought I'd post my motivation picture up. This was me 8 years ago. Honestly don't think I'll ever look like this again. But it helps to see, and remind myself that I'm not meant to be this big. I'll take a current pic later and post that too. So I have before and after pics.
img-20150708-wa0005-jpg.370

Attachments

• IMG-20150708-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20150708-WA0005.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 868
Hi Yolane, well first of all you must be so happy win your weight loss already! I wish I was having results like that!!! I'm a mum of two girls, aged 3 and just turned 1. I have just finished my first month of 30mg tablets and have gone from 97.5 to 93.9. You've done that in a wk!! Monday today and starting next month/box of tablets, hoping I get some good weight loss soon. Sounds like you are definitely on the road to some big loss :)

Hy girls,
it is nearly 2 weeks (on Wednesday) and I only lost 1.5 kilos. But I am measuring my body and it seems the centimeters are going away...yayyyy
I am doing 3 -4 times/week the walking and of course I eat healthier than befor taking Duromine.
Do you measure yourself? I have a notebook and every Monday morning I intend to do it.
Good luck!

Reactions: Tan
Tan said:
Hi Yolane, well first of all you must be so happy win your weight loss already! I wish I was having results like that!!! I'm a mum of two girls, aged 3 and just turned 1. I have just finished my first month of 30mg tablets and have gone from 97.5 to 93.9. You've done that in a wk!! Monday today and starting next month/box of tablets, hoping I get some good weight loss soon. Sounds like you are definitely on the road to some big loss :)

Hi Tan :)

my weight loss will probably slow down in the weeks to follow. I've read that you always lose the most in the first week. so keep your head up, I'm sure you'll lose more.
have you changed any of your eating habits at all, and are you exercising?
I think those two factors play a big role as well..

good luck for your next month;)

Reactions: Tan