Thanks so much for the support guys. I was having Mini panic attack.

Reactions: Deanna78
Hey .... This is my first week on Duromine.
Weighed at Day 3 & had a loss of 600g, weighed again today Day 5 & gained 300g :( Side affects have subsided, not hungry but still eating 1200 cals & walking 6 - 9klm
What am I doing wrong ? Reading through here I've seen some great results, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Don't get hung up on the scales. It's easy to do but stick to weighing yourself once a week on the same day and when you wake up before you've eaten. Even if you want a sneaky weigh don't pay attention to it until it's the 'weigh day' of the week.
As long as you're sticking to your diet, drinking already 2liters of water and working out when possible, you're doing great and WILL see results. Just stick to it and you'll see a loss, weather it's big or small I don't know but it's like maths. Less calories in then calories burnt= a loss.

Hi Cate!

that happened in my first week too - I fluctuated back and forth, but when i weighted in after 7 days i had lost 2 kilos.
Everyone panics that it isn't working - promise lol

Hi Cate
I have felt the same doubt that it isnt working.
I am on day 5 and i think I have lost maybe just under a kilo? Looking at everyone else it does get disheartening as they are loosing 5kilos in the first week.
I have only had one night where I couldnt sleep but since that first night have slept for 8 hours (worries me as everyone else cant sleep?)
I drink over 3ltrs of water a day, eat healthy, intense exersise for 45mins a day, so i know it has made some difference as before i was eating healthy but no way exercising that hard or drinking that much.
I defs have the other side effects, not as hungry, dry mouth and can exersise longer although i dont have the first day buzz anymore.
At nights im pretty exhausted - but since my side effects arent that bad at all. I am going to carry on taking it for the next 2 weeks and see where I get too. Im assuming that as my body has suddenly picked up pace with workouts and my job is quite mentally tiring that maybe I am not reconising the changes.
Wait it out and see how you go! :)

Reactions: Anapolis
What an emotional roller coaster this Duromine is !!! After losing & gaining during wk1 the scales finally set a 2kg loss end of week. Wk 2 has seen another 1/2kg gain & mid wk3 loss of 1/2kg which sees me back at the 2kg mark for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm sleeping much better but still a terribly dry mouth.
Oh 12 kilos seems impossible

Reactions: Vix
You'll get there Cate, scales are evil things , go by your clothing lovely, it's normal for weight to go up and down like a yo-yo in between the week :)
You'll do it xx

Reactions: Lisamk72
Vix said:
You'll get there Cate, scales are evil things , go by your clothing lovely, it's normal for weight to go up and down like a yo-yo in between the week :)
You'll do it xx
Thanks for the support Vix

Reactions: Vix
zie34 said:
Hi everyone...
Am on 30mg. I started 8 days ago and now i dont have all the side effects except dry mouth. Is the medicine not working on my body any more? I kind of wanting to eat more now...
The pass few days ago while on the pill it was great not wanting to eat..
Am worried if its not working on me anymore. I could even sleep in the afternoon please help
I am curious to know whether you got any kind of rash at all as I am on day 4 and have a very itchy rash on my upper arms and down my sides and on my thighs too...other than that have a dry mouth but I can deal with that as I just drink water all day!!

Cate6779 said:
Hey .... This is my first week on Duromine.
Weighed at Day 3 & had a loss of 600g, weighed again today Day 5 & gained 300g :( Side affects have subsided, not hungry but still eating 1200 cals & walking 6 - 9klm
What am I doing wrong ? Reading through here I've seen some great results, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Is it possible that ur body is going into starvation mode due to the amount of exercise your doing and 1200 cal diet?

Sometimes if you eat a smudge more you get better loss when exercising

hi,

I started on Duromine, about 11 days ago, and have not really had the loss I was expecting , especially considering that I am not eating a lot.

The only side effects that I have had have been trouble sleeping and feeling really thirsty. Which I don't count as a bad thing because my water habits beforehand were not great so this is a help that I feel so obviously thirsty.

I am only losing about 100g a day...though one day I lost about 700g, but I have not been about to figure out why that was. So that has amounted to just under 2 kgs in 11 days. Which I would normally think was great but when you are paying over $100 for a month of pills and going by other peoples experiences I was hoping for much more.

My history....after having 2 kids I ballooned up to 85kg, which is not great for someone barely tipping 155cm tall! I used reductil ( I think) for about one month, which really cut down my portion sizes and over the next year or so I managed to lose about 28k, getting down to 56 at my lowest. I knew that was going to be hard to maintain through, I was going to the gym twice a day and weighing and recording all my food which just wasn't sustainable once my kids got older, I went back to work and life started interfering! so over the last few years it has crept back up again, aided by some injuries, and just complacent attitude to eating. Started seriously trying to lose it again at the beginning of the year...and nothing happened...not one kilo for months.

So after going though quite a bit of testing etc and arguing with my doctor who's suggestions on weightloss were ludicrous, ( she's 5ft and tiny ) she eventually agreed to give me duromine.

So given my doctors attitude I needed to lose quite a bit off this one month prescription because I don't think she will give me another one. I live in a country town too so my options to see another doc are limited.

Typical food day... take pill quite early 6.30 ish,
morning, green tea, then piece of toast and a cup of normal tea small milk one sugar
lunch, I start work at 12 so normally just a apple or something before then
around 3-4 maybe some carrot sticks, 5 peckish rice biscuits and some ham.
tea, a version of what the family are having for tea, meat with some vegies, or a wrap or if what they eating is not too healthy, I will have a protein shake. followed by a cup of tea
around 9 I will have a diet ginger beer, bed around 11, might have a biscuit of something before then if I'm a bit hungry.

So any ideas on boosting my weighloss at all?
thanks and sorry this is so long!!

Hi Louey,

I began my journey in July- next to no results in first month.
Switched from 30mg to 40mg... the result - OMG consripation. Made me feel really internally unwell... stopped duromine compmetely for a couple of months during which I went to my GP for my levels to be checked, influding thyroid. All good,.so I decided I was overweight because of myself so I needed to sort my attitude out. Figured that because I was on my feel all.day at work, I was exercising-.also told myself there was no time after work.. and that I was too tired anyway... Excuses - Excuses... What duromine did for me was to reset my willingness to drink water (for me it has to be icey cold, so I fill my water bottle with ice and top it with water then wrap it in paper towel ro help it stay cool for longer).. it also lessened my 'want' for sweet food.. I have today taken the first of my half remaining pack of 30mg and can feel my mouth dry.. I have reset my thinking and have thrown out all those excuses... I walk now, start my morning walk at 5am and do another at night with my other half and the dog. Was 78.5kg at start.. duromine wasn't working as I had the wrong attitude.. started walking 6 weeks ago weighing around 77kg.. haven't walked much in last fortnight but only because the dog in a nutty run in the back yard crashed into my knee.. yeouch.. there is still a twinge of soreness but - this morning I recommitted.. twice a day walking - No Excuses ... this morning's weight 73.9kg... my goals:
Now - 73.9kg
Soon - 68kg
Then - 64kg
Then -.61kg
Then - 58kg - will be a yeay weighday!!!
Then I will steive for an ultimate 52 - 55kg

I am 153cm tall so completely understand how you feel and where you want to be!!

Sorry to drag back an old post but I have to know. Did you start to loose weight after a while?
I'm on day 2 and I've gained 500g. Eating the same as I was before. I was already on a strict diet 1200cal, measure and weigh every gram of food, very healthy. 20-70mins of exercise a day. Drinking water like my life depends on it. Yet still gained. :(
I'm feeling really good though apart from a headache and not much sleep.

Lucy said:
Don't stress and don't weigh in every day! I've lost 20kg in 4 months and only weigh once a week as I found the daily fluctuations ruined my motivation. I have to say I often don't feel amazing on duromine, it was quite intense at first and I still have side effects, just more mild than the start. But it's worked and I have 10kg more to lose so I'm just keeping pushing on.
Congo i am v happy for u.
I am facing all possible side effects of D including blurred vision
I wish someday i share some beautiful words of encouragement & success as u do. All the very best dear

Hi guys.
I started 30mg 5days ago and i am not feeling anything! Not even dry mouth which seems to be the most common occurrence.

I started to help counter act the weight gain side effect of Pizotifen (migraine preventative )

Perhaps thats making it not work? Doc said it shouldn't have any problems with it.

I'm bummed out because i wanted that energy i was promised so i could do some exercise. Cravings are still here. Inc my worst habbit Red Bull. (So it's extra weird i still have no energy)
My waist is 101cm and i am desperate to lose it.

I was excited to start because i have heard such good reviews.

Any ideas?

Diana Djurcinovska said:
Hi guys.
I started 30mg 5days ago and i am not feeling anything! Not even dry mouth which seems to be the most common occurrence.

I started to help counter act the weight gain side effect of Pizotifen (migraine preventative )

Perhaps thats making it not work? Doc said it shouldn't have any problems with it.

I'm bummed out because i wanted that energy i was promised so i could do some exercise. Cravings are still here. Inc my worst habbit Red Bull. (So it's extra weird i still have no energy)
My waist is 101cm and i am desperate to lose it.

I was excited to start because i have heard such good reviews.

Any ideas?

You might need to go up to 40mg. I was on 30mg years ago and it did nothing for me so I had it increased to 40mg and started to feel the effects after that.

Is it suppressing your appetite and you’re just dealing with cravings or is it not doing anything to help with appetite? I still get cravings for certain things every now and again, I just have to make a conscious decision to find something else or have it in moderation.

Energy wise have you tried exercising? Most of the time I don’t feel an energy boost until I start doing something active but I still have to force myself to start.

My first week was up and down with more days of feeling sluggish then energised but week two has proven to be better. What time do you take it? I was taking it about 5-6am for the first week but ended up moving it to 8-8:30am and have found that I have more energy that way. I have a coffee first and then take it followed by a cold shower then I’m ready to tackle the day.

Hope it improves for you soon.

Reactions: shanR
In 2015 in was on 30mg and almost immediately I got the hit. Energy, beating heart, no sleep, no appetite.

This time I'm on 30mg again, but zero beating heart, zero energy hit,
I'm on day 5 and can sleep, I had trouble for 3 days but now I'm fine with sleeping.
The only thing that made me think it was working on day one was I had a bad sleep because I haven't really experienced the side effects like I did the time in 2015.

Now I can tell its working because I get dry mouth.
Appetite could be better but I can easily push it past

@Tarah.m Well, you see, Duromine is such a medication that you can become tolerant to. So.. while some people have to take a higher dose next time they get on Duromine, others might get no effects at all. This is why I tell Duromine users to do your best and develop habits, which will help you never return to Duromine again. I mean, you will be hoping that you will lose weight with it again and BOOM! it’s not working, your body developed tolerance. So concentrate on your goal and move!! =)) I Will keep all my fingers crossed, and might even ask my neighbor to do that same, that Duromine does work for you and, even if you have to increase the dose, it works till the very last 200 grams that you want to lose. =))

Still, your body might just need some time to develop a proper response to its action, so nothing to worry about lol. Have an amazingly active and positive weekend!

@Diana , see… your body might need some time, OR you might try to stop taking Duromine for 3-4 days and resume its use. In addition, I read that your medication can cause tiredness, drowsiness, etc. so…

I'm on day 6 and waaaaaaay too tired ro start anything. Will force myself and hope i get that energy boost

I'm not "craving" much except for my Red Bull which i will have to conciesly quit. (Going to be hard)
If im eating, im not feeling full either.

Hope week 2 does something. .

I see my doctor at the end of the month to get the next months batch. I guess if there is no improvement, he may up me to 40. We will see how we go