Hello there, Melani! Is everything going well? How is your weight loss progress going? I was really interested to know how Duromine with Optislim work together. Wish you would share your experience and truly hope you are losing weight. it’s been… how long.. a little over 2 weeks since you started using Duromine. Anxiously waiting for your update! Best of luck!

Melani said:
Hi all, i am starting again on duro, however this time i am going to combine with optislim. looking to lose around 15kgs. I have used duro many times and find i lose around 5-8kgs then overtime it all creeps back on, has anyone had success using meal replacement shakes and duro?
current weight 80kgs, goal weight 65kgs.

Hi Melani, you’re getting close to a month on Duromine. Did you do any weekly weigh in, or are planning on having just the monthly one? I am very interested in your results on optislim with Duromine. I am always curious about the progress and process in each individual case. Hope, you will drop in soon to give a short update on how you are doing. Best of luck and have a nice weekend!

Hi Mealni. Dropped in to your thread in hopes of seeing any news from you. Yet, I still see nothing… =((( I hope you are doing fine and are still moving towards your weight loss goal. Or you already achieved it? o_O Take care and write soon! ;)

Good Day

I started using duromine last year for one month but wasnt taking them every single day,i guess i wasnt serious and i gained 7kgs since last year june after leaving duromine.So i decided to go back on it today is my first day back and on and feeling very excited i age billtong this morning and dont know what i will eat for lunch.My start weight is 95kgs and my goal weight is 65kgs,I know i can do it with the right eating plan and exercise routine i will be posting here on regularly and stop lying to myself and making bad food decision my only problem is that i got get hungry and when i do i always end up eating the wrong staff since i dont know what to eat when ever i get hungry any advice please???

Reactions: April
candycrush said:
Good Day

I started using duromine last year for one month but wasnt taking them every single day,i guess i wasnt serious and i gained 7kgs since last year june after leaving duromine.So i decided to go back on it today is my first day back and on and feeling very excited i age billtong this morning and dont know what i will eat for lunch.My start weight is 95kgs and my goal weight is 65kgs,I know i can do it with the right eating plan and exercise routine i will be posting here on regularly and stop lying to myself and making bad food decision my only problem is that i got get hungry and when i do i always end up eating the wrong staff since i dont know what to eat when ever i get hungry any advice please???

Hi Candycrush! Hope your current weight loss journey ends up with a success and lots of happiness. I did some reading… your previous experience. First question is are you on 40 mg this time, or giving 30 mg another try?

Advice… ok. If you want the advice, and you really want to change it all this time, you need drastic changes. You obviously have an emotional dependence on food, so your aim now is to get rid of any food that can make you get into the craving side. If you ever watched any weight loss programs where they were fighting excess weight together with a trainer, who was scheduling the eating and exercising activity, you might have seen them taking huge trash bags and gathering all the bad stuff and throwing it away, giving to poor, and so on, so forth. Well, this is not TOO MUCH. This is just the right thing to do, if you know you won’t be able to resist the temptation.

It’s hard… when you think of the money you spend for this food, when you realize you won’t have anything “yummy” to snack on when you wish, but you must do this. Fil your fridge kitchen, everything with fruits and vegetables. If you don’t buy food very often, buy some chicken breast, cut into appropriate size and freeze so that, whenever you feel hungry, you could take out a piece and quickly cook it. And while it’s cooking, you cut a good salad. You can use herbs and spices to make your food more like the junk food you like (natural herbs and spices, without added glutamate). Take fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, yogurt, cottage cheese, even eggs with you for snacking at work. Make a goal to buy some trendy piece of clothes, and save money for it. This way, you might stop yourself from buying another chocolate, because it can take you even further from your dream clothes or whatever.

I hope that Duromine helps you start making healthy choices. And don’t forget about sufficient water intake, especially when it comes to sudden hunger attacks. 1-2 glasses of water can help you cut your hunger.

Take care and write soon. Fingers crossed that everything works well this time!

Good Day

Sorry for replying only now,was very busy the previous 2 day but neverless i am on the 30mg the pharmacies around here dont have 40mg,ever since monday i had no appetite at all and had lots of enery didnt have time to work out but im starting today with my exercises,i barely ate this previous 2day but lost nothing so far,hoplefuly i will loose once i start exercising.

Thanks for the advice i will most definitly try fighting this eating demon LOL

candycrush said:
Good Day

Sorry for replying only now,was very busy the previous 2 day but neverless i am on the 30mg the pharmacies around here dont have 40mg,ever since monday i had no appetite at all and had lots of enery didnt have time to work out but im starting today with my exercises,i barely ate this previous 2day but lost nothing so far,hoplefuly i will loose once i start exercising.

Thanks for the advice i will most definitly try fighting this eating demon LOL

Hi! It’s ok, we’re all grownups and understand that life is a busy thing. =) Sounds like everything goes nice and smooth! Very nice! Still, if you don’t have appetite, don’t forget to eat healthy foods. Your body needs food to work and boost the metabolism. This might be the reason of no weight loss. Another thing… you might be refraining from food all day long, and dive in just before going to bed, simply because you ate nothing.

EAT & DRINK while on Duromine. You’re not a newbie, and you know how it works already. =) so do it right to get the best results, deal?

What exercises are you planning to do? All this energy has to be put into some good working, without overdoing it, of course. Best of luck and hope on your soon updates with some good news! Take care.

Good day

Thanks alot for the inspiring words and i am going to cardio and in tense exercises,from an exercising video.
Havent done any exercise last week ever since i said i was just couldnt do it will try my best this week and hope to see results next week this time

cheers take care

candycrush said:
Good day

Thanks alot for the inspiring words and i am going to cardio and in tense exercises,from an exercising video.
Havent done any exercise last week ever since i said i was just couldnt do it will try my best this week and hope to see results next week this time

cheers take care

Hello! Oh please do! Please get into exercising! They must help you trigger the weight loss process. I know it can be hard without motivation, yet you will find your motivation when you start working out and losing weight. =)) This circle is unbreakable!

Wish you a very active week and a good result! Be well!

Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster :p

Okay this may get long so I apologize.

I've been on duromine three or so times in the past and have had amazing results, especially in the first couple weeks/first month. However this time using it I am a bit disheartened. I've gone up and down in weight for the past 5 years, however, after living overseas for about 7 months, I've come back and finally decided that I'm sick of fluctuating. I don't want to be losing weight for a holiday or birthday, I want to be losing it for my future. While I'm still in my twenties, I want to actually achieve my goal body for once. Instead of losing 20kgs and then just gaining it all back.

Start weight 113kgs

Current weight 107.7kgs

Goal weight 80kgs

I was 80kgs back in 2012, and I remember thinking to myself how much I wanted to lose weight. And now that I'm so far off from that weight it's super frustrating and I just wish that I could get down to that weight!

I'm 25 and about 6ft tall, so I'm lucky because even though I gain weight, it distributes very evenly. But back between 2012-2014 I would fluctuate between the 80's and 90's, then somehow I just kept going up and now I fluctuate between mid 90's and mid-late 110kgs. I feel gross that I let it get that far. So once I got home I started eating completely different, healthy and small portions, started up on the treadmill, and got duromine.

My side effects aren't too awful, occasional dry mouth, sometimes I click my jaw or hands(not great but manageable) and I've found that I can also have mood swings, sometimes I get a lil angry for no reason, or sometimes I get a tad depressed. I keep all of it in check though and to me it's worth it for weight loss.

So getting to why I feel disheartened, I think it mainly stems from the fact that I've used duromine before and had amazing success. However, this time around, it doesn't seem to be doing an overall great deal even though I'm working harder than usual. When I've taken it in the past, I didn't monitor my food too much and didn't really exercise and just relied on the pill, which is stupid, but hey I was young and not thinking about it. This time however, I've been very mindful of what I'm eating, how much I'm eating and trying to exercise and drink a lot of water. I've gotten myself into a terrible habit of weighing every day, which I know I need to stop. The first week I lost about 3.3kgs, second week probably about 1.5 and the third week maybe about 1kg BUT the worst part of the third week is that for the past three days I've gone up .5 so only lost .5 for that week. Never in taking duromine have I gained any weight on it!! And this is going to sound terrible, but for half a week I wasn't feeling the best due to cramps, so the odd day when I was resting up, I missed a meal(lunch or dinner) this happened maybe 3 times, and I lost weight each day after that happened. Then when I was eating those meals again, it's clearly coming back. And I certainly do not want to get into a habit of not eating meals because I know that's unhealthy, and the goal of me doing this is that I want this for the long term. I think it's just frustrating because I've used duromine before and it kinda feels like, is it worth it to get all the side effects when I'm not having amazing weight loss.

I'm drinking as much water as I can each day, I aim for 2-3 liters. And I don't drink anything else. I take vitamins every morning, multivitamins, vitamin b, vitamin c, and berocca. An average day of food looks like:

Brekky:

Steel cut oats

2 egg whites

Zucchini

Mixed frozen berries

Sugar free maple syrup

Lunch:

Piece of salmon

Brussel sprouts

Broccoli

Dinner:

Palm portion size of protein e.g. Turkey mince, chicken etc

And veges, a salad or roasted ones

Snack options are usually an Atkins choccie bar or cottage cheese

I know to see differences I need to get back on my exercise, which I've started up again today. And I guess I need to calorie count more specifically, as before this I was eating ridiculous amounts and fatty, sugary, gross foods, I thought that merely changing my food up and making the portions much better/high in veges would be enough but it's obviously not. The only things I use to flavor my foods are herbs and things like lime and lemon juice. I've cut out using any sauces and dressings that have high calories.

So I guess my thoughts are that I need to #1 exercise more
#2 count calories more precisely

Does anyone else have more advice or thoughts?

I know that any loss is a good loss, and I'm not trying to discredit that. I think it's just frustrating for me when I've seen how my body has reacted to duromine previously. Not to mention never ever gaining anything on duromine.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Allegra

Hello Allegra. I am sorry I found your post just now, two weeks after you left it… I guess, everything I say will not be relevant by now, and I want to ask you about the progress. Did the weight begin to move? Do you keep eating healthy? I see you found 2 main things that could help you boost your weight loss, so did you try to follow your own advice? Did it help?

Hope it did and I am really curious to know you are doing. Best of luck!

55 yr old male from sydney - tried duromine during midlife gym spat when 40 and lost a lot of weight only wish I hadn't slipped back into so much fridge worship but my excuse is as you get older and testosterone drops and well it just gets so hard to lose weight you just end up yoyoing or just enjoying your food as what else is there.
Am going to try some duromine again on the idea of daily for a month then every second day for a month then every third etc or maybe just when feel fridge worship kicking in.
Greetings to all trying to better themselves!

Welcome & good luck to you Dazzler! :)

Hello Dazzler! Best of luck to you!

Did you think over an eating/exercising plan? Hope you will find some time and get a membership in the gym. I am sure you know that once you start exercising, the testosterone level changes, which will aid you heavily in your weight loss process. Besides, working out with a personal trainer can work miracles.

Have a great day and no bad effects from Duromine. Hope you’ll write soon and tell us how you feel.

Low test/depression gym a chicken and egg thing, at the moment can't even picture going to the gym. Have started painting back of house and trying to cut down on fridge visits and sugars, never give up giving up.
Look forward to trying duromine again as last time did very well on it just should have taken the results more seriously. Best way to lose weight I rekon is don't put it on in the first place. Once get to 50 it seems like it just so hard to lose it compared to when younger, I could blink and lose 10 kgs when I was 30 now it's a huge effort that I often fail at but at least not getting fatter but would love to lose some weight before summer gets here as is not comfortable in the heat when overweight.

Hello dazzler! Didn’t have the opportunity to answer your previous message. Don’t see it anymore, yet I still remember what I wanted to tell you back then.

If you do want to lose weight, you can try doing it without Duromine, if you don’t find a doctor who will prescribe it.

Not into gym sessions with a PT, start your own program, at least begin with simple cardio like long brisk walks and plank exercises. The main and the most difficult thing is always to begin. I know… but you want it, so…

As for counting the food etc. not being an option for you… I am sure you do realize which are good foods and which are bad foods. Simply eat good foods all the time, but a couple of meals. Make up a plan for the days, when you will allow yourself the “bad meals” and eat healthy during the rest of time. That’s it. Just try.

Yes, it always gets more difficult to lose weight with age. At least, you realize you need to do it. Not into hard ways, I gave you easier ways… I hope you will grab the idea and start your weight loss journey. And cheer up… you sound a little depressed. Hope, this changes once you get engaged into this new adventure in your life.

Hi Dazzler! How are you doing? Any plans on your weight loss journey?

Allegra said:
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster :p

Okay this may get long so I apologize.

I've been on duromine three or so times in the past and have had amazing results, especially in the first couple weeks/first month. However this time using it I am a bit disheartened. I've gone up and down in weight for the past 5 years, however, after living overseas for about 7 months, I've come back and finally decided that I'm sick of fluctuating. I don't want to be losing weight for a holiday or birthday, I want to be losing it for my future. While I'm still in my twenties, I want to actually achieve my goal body for once. Instead of losing 20kgs and then just gaining it all back.

Start weight 113kgs

Current weight 107.7kgs

Goal weight 80kgs

I was 80kgs back in 2012, and I remember thinking to myself how much I wanted to lose weight. And now that I'm so far off from that weight it's super frustrating and I just wish that I could get down to that weight!

I'm 25 and about 6ft tall, so I'm lucky because even though I gain weight, it distributes very evenly. But back between 2012-2014 I would fluctuate between the 80's and 90's, then somehow I just kept going up and now I fluctuate between mid 90's and mid-late 110kgs. I feel gross that I let it get that far. So once I got home I started eating completely different, healthy and small portions, started up on the treadmill, and got duromine.

My side effects aren't too awful, occasional dry mouth, sometimes I click my jaw or hands(not great but manageable) and I've found that I can also have mood swings, sometimes I get a lil angry for no reason, or sometimes I get a tad depressed. I keep all of it in check though and to me it's worth it for weight loss.

So getting to why I feel disheartened, I think it mainly stems from the fact that I've used duromine before and had amazing success. However, this time around, it doesn't seem to be doing an overall great deal even though I'm working harder than usual. When I've taken it in the past, I didn't monitor my food too much and didn't really exercise and just relied on the pill, which is stupid, but hey I was young and not thinking about it. This time however, I've been very mindful of what I'm eating, how much I'm eating and trying to exercise and drink a lot of water. I've gotten myself into a terrible habit of weighing every day, which I know I need to stop. The first week I lost about 3.3kgs, second week probably about 1.5 and the third week maybe about 1kg BUT the worst part of the third week is that for the past three days I've gone up .5 so only lost .5 for that week. Never in taking duromine have I gained any weight on it!! And this is going to sound terrible, but for half a week I wasn't feeling the best due to cramps, so the odd day when I was resting up, I missed a meal(lunch or dinner) this happened maybe 3 times, and I lost weight each day after that happened. Then when I was eating those meals again, it's clearly coming back. And I certainly do not want to get into a habit of not eating meals because I know that's unhealthy, and the goal of me doing this is that I want this for the long term. I think it's just frustrating because I've used duromine before and it kinda feels like, is it worth it to get all the side effects when I'm not having amazing weight loss.

I'm drinking as much water as I can each day, I aim for 2-3 liters. And I don't drink anything else. I take vitamins every morning, multivitamins, vitamin b, vitamin c, and berocca. An average day of food looks like:

Brekky:

Steel cut oats

2 egg whites

Zucchini

Mixed frozen berries

Sugar free maple syrup

Lunch:

Piece of salmon

Brussel sprouts

Broccoli

Dinner:

Palm portion size of protein e.g. Turkey mince, chicken etc

And veges, a salad or roasted ones

Snack options are usually an Atkins choccie bar or cottage cheese

I know to see differences I need to get back on my exercise, which I've started up again today. And I guess I need to calorie count more specifically, as before this I was eating ridiculous amounts and fatty, sugary, gross foods, I thought that merely changing my food up and making the portions much better/high in veges would be enough but it's obviously not. The only things I use to flavor my foods are herbs and things like lime and lemon juice. I've cut out using any sauces and dressings that have high calories.

So I guess my thoughts are that I need to #1 exercise more
#2 count calories more precisely

Does anyone else have more advice or thoughts?

I know that any loss is a good loss, and I'm not trying to discredit that. I think it's just frustrating for me when I've seen how my body has reacted to duromine previously. Not to mention never ever gaining anything on duromine.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Allegra

Hi Allegra. How is it going? Still on your weight loss journey with Duromine?

Hi everyone :)

So I have been having amazing results with Duromine, however I am extremely confused because although I am losing weight the scales aren't shifting much at all.

The 1st time the doctor weighed me I had lost 6kg in the 1st month

The 2nd time I had lost nothing ..infact I had gained half a kilo. (even though I KNOW I had lost a significant amount because my clothes were looser and I had gone down a size in jeans.

Now yesterday I was weighed, and I had lost 3kg.

So it brings me to a total of 9kg.
According to my doctors scales, I weight 73kg roughly, but I am wearing clothes I used to wear when I was weighing 64kg. In my eyes, I feel so much smaller than that figure and like I've lost a lot more. My boyfriend and others have thought the same. My goal was to get back to 64kg but apparently that's 9kgs away and both my boyfriend and I both think I would like scrawny if I lost another 9kg.

My doctor said maybe its muscle from exercise, but I don't really do much apart from walking (I know I should).

Does anyone know what could be going on?? It makes me have a very warped view of what I look like, when I am happy enough when I look in the mirror and I think I am a certain size.... But the scales aren't matching up with my reflection or clothes.

Don't get me completely wrong, I am happy about my weight loss, but also very confused.

Any help, thoughts or words of encouragement would be much appreciated as this is doing my head in!

Hey jrw, you are not alone! I've had similar results as you. Lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks then nothing for 3 weeks then weighed in at the doctors and had lost another 3 so down 9 kilos. In the time that I had lost no weight, I was losing centremetres. I am doing weights(small ones) so figured I was just building muscle. I'm 84 kilos now and have been a fit and toned 64 kilos a few years ago but I think I will look pretty similar to that sitting at 70kg or even a bit higher. The human body is amazing and a women's body can change so much over time-long or short! I know I haven't really answered your question completely but know that it is normal :)