Melonhelen said:
Hey jrw, you are not alone! I've had similar results as you. Lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks then nothing for 3 weeks then weighed in at the doctors and had lost another 3 so down 9 kilos. In the time that I had lost no weight, I was losing centremetres. I am doing weights(small ones) so figured I was just building muscle. I'm 84 kilos now and have been a fit and toned 64 kilos a few years ago but I think I will look pretty similar to that sitting at 70kg or even a bit higher. The human body is amazing and a women's body can change so much over time-long or short! I know I haven't really answered your question completely but know that it is normal :)

Thank you!!
That does actually help a lot, and makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing this and I'm not just imagining things!

I'll just keep at it, as long as I'm happy with what I see...I guess it shouldn't matter so much.

Great work on your weight loss too :)

Hello from Qld Australia :)

I'm a sole parent of 3 girls and 1 beautiful son who I sadly lost August last year. I am no stranger to duromine as I've been on and off it (years in between etc) for the last 18 years. Unfortunately, as soon as I stop.. (losing maybe 15-20kg loss each time) the old brain decides I'm happy as a fatty and off the wagon I go. I am literally twice the weight I "should" be.. and because the universe isn't my bestie.. I'm also quite short lol Butterball much? :laughing:

I am realistic that duromine isn't a miracle fix that will melt those wobbles away lol but it's always a good kick start and maybe this time I'll keep the kgs loss (if it happens) going after I stop.

Anyway! Hello and best of luck to everyone!

Hello Meesh! Welcome to this Duromine community! I hope you will find the support you need and the platform for keeping track of your progress and achievements. It’s good that you are not new to Duromine, so you already know what to expect and how everything might go. However, you should not forget that every time on Duromine differs from the previous experiences. Though, of course, I hope that your weight loss will be as great as you used to achieve several times before.

This time, however, I think you should be more focused on developing a routine, which will help you to never again get back to Duromine to lose weight that you gained back. I am sure you can succeed on this. I will be very happy to help you, if you ever need support or advice. I will be happy to join you on your way! Will you provide the starting and goal weight? Do you already have an eating and exercising program you are planning to follow? I am a very curious person, so if at times I get a bit over… just tell me, ok? =)

Cheers and a fantastic day to you!

PS. I am very sorry for your loss…

Reactions: Meesh
Hi April,
What a lovely reply, thank you.

I'll post my fatness as I call it lol after my first 2 weeks and hopeful loss.. I will tell you that I am over 100kg.. not my proudest moment for sure. I'm on day 3 of 40mg. I'm used to the side effects and always get pretty much all of them but not too harshly. I'm pretty strong minded and logical - just not with fatness it seems lol

My goal is to try and lose anything at all.. I'll be happy with anything. My diet is meal replacement shakes with fruit or low carb/cal/salt/fat soup in between or when I get that empty feeling. I have a 3-500 calorie meal for dinner and usually a hot milo as it's low gi. Water is my hardest thing... I struggle to drink it as I'm weird and don't feel thirsty unless it's a raging hot day if I've overdone physical activity which lets face it.. at my size.. isn't a regular occurrence. The shakes I use can be mixed with water and taste very nice so I mix extra, so 500ml of water instead of the recommended 200mls with it. That's twice a day so I'm getting a litre of water at the very least. I know it should be at least 2-3 litres but going by my urine colour (sorry tmi, don't think I'm weird lol) I'm doing ok. It could be better... but that's a work in progress.

I try and excercise but I suffer horrid sciatica that flares up at the most random times (not caused by my weight according to my doc) so walking is out, unless I'm having a good day. It gets me frustrated that I can't walk much sometimes and I try push through the pain just to move my butt and do things with the kids etc. I'm actually a very fit fatty lol I can walk (on good days) for hours and my actual natural walking pace is quite fast. My innards as I call them lol are all healthy. Liver, kidneys, heart etc I have regular tests as .. well I'm past 40 now so the docs sorta wait for things to go downhill lol I do try and spend time outside being somewhat active/off my butt, and play with my dogs. And I plan to do some home Zumba as soon as the side effects calm down and back off a bit.

Thanks for the support and the condolences. It's still a hard time in regards to losing my son but I've accepted that is how it will be forever and I'll never be ok. Life goes on, it just does. I'm actually a little proud that I refused to let my grieving make me binge eat etc I have put on 10 kg since having him last August but not from food for once. I'll admit my booze intake has been more than it usually was but that too has now been cut to a night out once a fortnight.

I sound like I have my stuff sorted somewhat lol doesn't feel like it but that's that :) with everything in this life, you just take it a day at a time I say. I try my best to find joy and show happiness. As I've always been a happy person, love to laugh and hope I make others laugh even if it's not with me lol but it's all positive. I just try to choose happiness as much as i can so sadness can't rule my entire life. Good days and bad days are all par for the course.

Sorry for the rambling! Duromine side effect 7 million and 3 lol I get a bit chatty hyper sometimes. Then there's times I really just can't be bothered thinking of writing anything. It's definitely an odd little pill to be on. My kids are dealing with the forgetfulness one minute then an hour or so later I'm on top of everything and in their faces to do the same lol

Anyway.. thanks again :)

Ooooh… I wanted to tell you so much, but I better start with one single question: Were you using meal replacement shakes every time you were losing weight with Duromine?

April said:
Ooooh… I wanted to tell you so much, but I better start with one single question: Were you using meal replacement shakes every time you were losing weight with Duromine?
No, in all honesty I wasn't doing much except barely eating... it's easy to do that.. it's like I just forget or get distracted. So this time around I'm making a conscious effort to eat. Even if it is shakes. I won't be doing shakes every day.. I'll alternate with good food to the same calorie value etc actual food is wayyy better than a shake after all lol I could have a poached egg on a slice of multigrain toast instead of a shake etc

After being on diets since after my first child was born (22 years ago..) I think I have all the info but I never continue to practice what I preach so to speak. This is my last ditch effort with this drug.. every kg I may lose is 1 less to worry about when hoping to have another child .. Which to some would think is nuts at 42.. but not one doc has said it's impossible or that I shouldn't try.

Sorry! Went off track there.. oops. Can't take me anywhere lol

Oh, ok. I was just worried that you are committed to replacing almost all food with shakes, which would inevitably lead to one more weight regain when you’re off Duromine. And we already know that this is totally not your plan this time. =)

Oooh, so you have a more important plan behind all this Duromine story. I guess, you have an even higher motivation, so focus on that and keep going! =)) Hopefully, that Zumba soon joins you on your journey. =) A great way to lose weight and have some fun. =)

Reactions: Meesh
I am about to post a new post somewhere on here.. confessions of my weekend.. *hangs head*.. (nothing x rated lol ).

So today I am starting Duromine again i was on it a couple of years ago but just couldnt afford it at the time. I am now 14 kgs heavier then when i started last time. I am just worried as i have osteoarthritis in both knees so exercise is very limited that it will take a long time for any weight loss.

Day 1 - 40mg

Start weight - 130.5 kg (i am so ashamed and disgusted writing that)

Goal weight - around 75 kg but i would be happy to fit into a size 12

Hello Meesh! How is it going? Did that crazy weekend continue for a week? =)) Even if it did, time to get back on track and take yourself in your hands and remind yourself why you wanted to start using Duromine. =) See the goal, and not the obstacles! Hope you will enjoy this week and have a great mood! Cheers!

Hello Nikki! It is very nice to meet you! I hope your journey will help you change your health condition and you start feeling a lot better. =) May this Duromine journey turn into a very successful one, even more successful than the previous were! Best wishes!

Reactions: nikki82
Weigh in number one, didnt lose hardly anything in measurements
Lost 1.27cm from my chest
1.27cm from my waist
1.27cm from my hips
1.27cm from my right thigh everything else stayed the same.
Did lose 5.4kgs

A loss is a loss! And that's a big kg loss as well! Well done :) I'm sure as the weeks go on the kgs you lose may be smaller but I am certain the measurements will decrease a lot quicker! That's what I've been told anyway :)

I'm still a few days away from my weigh in and I'm finding it soooo hard to avoid the scales until then! Did you have that problem too?

How did you do it??? o_O congrats! What are you doing? Could you please share some info on your eating and exercising? I am sure there are lots of us who would be grateful if you would share. A great new week and keep it up! .. still can’t believe it…

SamBam i weighed every day lol i know your not meant to but i couldnt help myself lol

April for breakfast i had a banana or banana smoothie with lite ice cream and skim milk, lunch was a piece of basa fish and dinner was a garden salad i got from coles minus the dressing. I do 30 mins of zumba at home everyday and also drink 7 x 600ml bottles of water. Today i started taking optislim platinum shakes as i have 50kgs to lose so just wanted something extra to help with the weight loss.

Hello nikki! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you’re on a very low-calorie diet… and you are planning to lower your daily caloric value even more with optislim shakes… hope this works the way you wish!

Exercising and hydration are perfect! Well done! Best of luck to you and may all your efforts turn into huge successes!

Reactions: nikki82
I was on normal optislim shakes 5 years ago and lost 20kgs in 4 months started at 112.5 kgs and got down to 92.5 kgs so i am hoping to get similar results this time. I weigh 124.6 kgs as of today so i think a very low calorie diet is what i need.

Reactions: Andi4today
@nikki82 what a great start, that's awesome! I'm with you, tried Duromine a few years ago, was getting good results but just couldn't maintain the cost (it ain't cheap!!). Back at it again, little bit older, more than a little fatter with a start weight of *drumroll* 120.5kgs

Good luck .. Would love to hear how youre progressing

I am on day 23 and have now lost 10.1 kgs. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow as i have been told by a couple of people that if your doctor writes a script for phentermine in a dosage such as 32mg or 42mg and you go to a compounding chemist they make it up for you and it costs half the price as duromine and its exactly the same.

Reactions: Andi4today