I am on day 4 of taking both (duromine in the morning and zoloft at night) and so far it is going good. Actually im on Metermine, but i think its the same as duromine? im not sure.
I've actually been feeling really good (mentally - ie, more happy and energetic) which is much better than the last time. Ive had less side effects than when i was taking 30mg duromine alone.

I dont think i've had any serious side effects so far.
The only side effects ive been having so far is insomnia, dry mouth, and occasionally increased heart rate/dizzyness/anxiety (which i was having anxiety before taking duromine anyways) But the dizzyness may have been because i wasnt eating a lot. Itss funny because i still feel hunger but i physically feel like i cant eat. Which didnt happen on my last round (but i think these zoloft will always make me feel hungry lol), so its kind of good in a way because im getting used to these hunger pains but controlling them instead of not feeling them at all.

I've lost 3kg in 4days, ive started going Pilates class on Saturdays but i need to add small excercises during the week as well. I am feeling good, i hope it continues to go well.

Hey! Sounds like everything is going good. Phew! Was worried for you… Metermine is a Duromine generic, which is produced by the same company that produces Duromine. They are the same drug, while Metermine is a bit cheaper. However, I heard some people saying that they had no to little effects on Metermine, and everything got a lot better when they switched to Duromine. Never used Metermine myself…

I really really like how this round of Duromine is going for you, and I love your attitude so much! You are so bravo! I also hope that everything continues the way it is. In fact, I actually prefer hunger and feeling full from smaller portions over feeling no hunger. This is exactly what you need – to learn eating on time and get full from small meals. Perfect! Fingers crossed =)

Hi Everyone

so glad iv finally found a Duromine users forum in my Country...

so iv recently started taking Duromine again (started on Monday 31/10/2017). i have previously been on the prescription but i was on the 30mg dose and i did not last even a week and threw it away (what a waste i know), problem is i think that dose was too high for me, the first day on the 30mg dose was so bad, i basically didn't sleep at all, i had nothing to eat and i had a horrible taste in my mouth. because i had done research i thought the side effects would eventually fade away but instead it kept getting worse. by day 3 i was so irritable, depressed and sleep deprived that i threw the whole box away in frustration.

iv never really hated my body or struggled with weight that much but i the past 2 years i gained about 20 extra kilograms and im just not recognizing the person i see in the mirror. iv tried every single diet on the market but nothing seems to work because my cravings over power me. fast forward to 2017 and nothing has changed but this time i am determined to make a change once and for all.

so i bought 15mg instead thinking i will increase my dose to 30mg in 2 months because my initial experience with the 30mg is one i never want to experience ever again.

day 1 on the 15mg was amazing, i had no cravings, no insomnia just abit of a dry mouth which ofcourse i really dont mind because i drink alot of water now. day 2 was the same and today is day 3 and i have absolutely nothing to complain about (though this morning i was abit on the emotional side and almost had a breakdown over nothing).

my only problem though is the fact that i haven't really weighed myself, the 84 kg i keep referring to as my starting weight is not the weight i recorded on the day i started but its the weight i was last at a few weeks ago. This is because i haven't been able to use my scale but hopefully that will change over the weekend. i will weigh myself on Monday morning and ultimately use that as my starting weight in future.

my eating patterns have changed in the 3 days iv started, i hardly crave any junk i make healthier eating choices and most importantly my food portion size has dropped drastically. i have also recently bought a Aerobics/Dance DVD that i have been using since Monday. i do 30min full body workout sessions and do 10 min Core/Stomach sessions.

im really tired of the way i look and hope that in 3 months i will be posting something positive regarding my weightloss journey. and i think weekly posts or updates here will help me track my progress... looking forward to my "Beginning of the End" (an end to fat, unhealthiness and body insecurity)

Hello Armour! Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have it all planned and in action. Well done! Hopefully, the forum will be a useful aid for you on your weight loss journey. You can start a blog and post your daily updates, if you are planning on making daily entries, or create a thread in My experience category and track your journey there.

Best of luck and huge results to you!

Reactions: Armour
I was feeling really happy at the start and now i feel really depressed these past 2 days :( I hope it goes away.

Oh dear... it might sound stupid, but could you try to exercise a little? really.. like 20 minutes... it might help. I do understand that you're probably too tired to do anything, but if you push yourself and actually do some exercises, it might help you feel better. I know it for sure.
Really hope that you will get better soon. Keep the faith!

Mel, how is it going?

I know a lot of people take measurements as they will loose centremetres but not kgs.
I found a similar thing where I lost a large amount of weight (water weight in the first couple weeks) then the weightloss reduced but it felt like I was still getting smaller. My clothes fit much better too. Bodies are strange hope it all went well for you!

Reactions: April
April said:
Mel, how is it going?

Hi :) Im going really well! Yesterday i weighed in at 93.7kg which i havent gotten down to in years! So im continuing eating well, tracking my calories, excercising. I've gone down a clothing size already. My moods are back up for the most part, sometimes they drop dramatically but im doing ok mentally :) So since i started Metermine this time round (3 weeks in now) Ive lost 7kg :)

o_O Mel! I am so happy to hear your news! You are so bravo for all the commitment! WOW! Giiiirl, that is amazing! Congratulations and keep up the wonderful work!

Sheesh… just 3 weeks and 7 kg off… unbelievable!

Reactions: Melmeow
Morning all!

Just signed up after reading lots of treads as a guest.

I'm starting Duromine again today. 40mg. I used it briefly before I was pregnant with some success, so trying again.

I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have PCOS - not that that's an excuse, it just doesn't help! I am definitely an emotional eater and find it hard to control my appetite. I have zero energy, low motivation and low self confidence.

That said, I've got a wonderfully loving and supportive partner, two lovely kids and all in all, a pretty awesome life.

I want to lose weight for health reasons. Looking better is just a bonus I guess lol

I'll try to post here to keep myself accountable. Any support is most welcome!

Stats:
Current weight: 126.8kg
Goal weight: 90kg
Height: 179cm
Dress size AU: 20-22

Thanks for reading! :)

Day 1 5pm
Feeling pretty good. Almost instant dry mouth after dose this morning. Definitely feeling an energy burst. A little spacey at times.
Shake for breakfast, shake and a muesli bar for lunch. Not really hungry. Was able to feel real hunger pains to prompt myself for lunch.
Drinking lots of water.
Dinner will be sausages, cauliflower cheese, grilled tomato and peas. Small portion.
I've not done any formal exercise but I have been very productive around the house!
Mood is great! Love having the energy to be productive. Its kept my mind off other worries :)

Hi Kiki! Welcome to the forum and wish you a successful weight loss journey! Looks like everything started pretty well. Keep in mind that your main task is to develop healthy eating habits, which you will be able to comply with when you finish Duromine, so replacing most of your meals with shakes might play a bad game with you.

Having three small healthy meals + 1-3 healthy snacks can help you lose weight now and maintain it once you’re off the pills.

One more thing… this energy boost that you have may not last for too many days, so it is always beneficial to use it for beginning a good exercising routine.

Well, these were just my suggestions to help you boost your weight loss a bit more. =) I love your mindset and feel that you are very motivated, so keep up and enjoy the changes you will soon notice. Cheers

Reactions: Kiki8844
Thanks April :)
I'll add some structured exercise tomorrow. And yes, I know! The shakes aren't ideal - they were at least homemade lol

Day 2 3pm
Feeling a bit flat. Wish I still had the energy of yesterday! I know it can be up and down. Have still had a productive day. Worked out this morning. Although I'm not feeling hungry, low energy brings up habits of grabbing something sugary. I haven't, I'm just fighting the habit.
I'll try and pick myself up a bit for the rest of the day - work of placebo effect maybe lol
Last night I fell asleep OK (1115pm), but tossed and turned in the wee hours. Woke feeling awake at 530am :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mammaof2
Hi Kiki! Congrats on a rather nice sleep. With first days on Duromine, you can surely say that it was a great night of sleep =))

Well done on fighting the low energy habits =)) I think that we all sin like that from time to time –munching on something forbidden always makes you feel good =)) BUT, if you do your best to stay away from sweets all this time while you are on Duromine, you can cure yourself of sugar addiction (no offense, I also had it – loved my sweets always!). When I stopped consuming sugar (thank god for Duromine) and tried having a piece of ck (not writing the whole word – too cruel now =)), it seemed so sweet that my eyes filled with tears. So, getting yourself out of the habit might be a difficult thing, but if you survive the tough period, you will no longer feel like having sweets at all. So bravo on fighting the habit!

Kiki, if you feel really down with energy, just do some quick exercises. It REALLY helps. I already gave a link to someone in here. Let me try to find it and give it to you. Works miracles!

Reactions: Kiki8844
Thanks April, I'll take a look. You are right. Even a quick burst of exercise does wonders to pick up energy levels and improve mood :)

Day 3 745am
Woke 630am after a rough night. Wasn't able to fall asleep until after midnight, then the baby woke at 3am (usually sleeps through!). Once I got back to bed around 4 my partner decided it was time to ;), so no sleep until 5! That sounds like an awfully restless night, but I actually feel just fine right now. Took dose at 7 then had breakfast so maybe its just kicking in.
Lots of physical work to be done today (weeding, mowing, general yard work) and as I'll have my mum to watch the kids, I'll be able to focus without breaks. Looking forward to it. I just hope the heat and storms don't get in the way.
Feeling good. Really trying to stay motivated. How pathetic - I'm only on day 3 but motivation has always been a problem with me. Probably why I'm in the situation I'm in now with my weight o_O

Im at 91.9kg now. But i saw a doctor yesterday to get a new prescription and she says its not good to stay on the 40mg Duromine for too long coz it can affect the heart. I dont know, but its helping me a lot and i dont want to stop lol

Hmmm… more weight loss (WOOOHOOO!!! Keep up the great work, Mel!) well, I can understand your doctor’s concern about taking 40mg for a long time… Indeed, this dose requires permanent attention, especially since you take other serious drugs with it. You can ask for additional examinations, like BP, heart rate, blood test – to make sure that your body is ok with taking 40 mg. Some people do take 40 mg during the entire course, since lower doses don’t help them. However, you already know that Duromine can affect everyone in a different way. And yes, it can be harsh for your heart… that’s why you need the checks and constant doctor’s monitoring. I think, you need to have a serious and thoughtful conversation, first with yourself, and then with your doc – and come up with a final decision. Best of luck!