nikki82 said:
I am on day 23 and have now lost 10.1 kgs. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow as i have been told by a couple of people that if your doctor writes a script for phentermine in a dosage such as 32mg or 42mg and you go to a compounding chemist they make it up for you and it costs half the price as duromine and its exactly the same.

Wow, that sounds great .. lmk how it goes

Hello Nikki! What a great result! Congratulations! Looks like all your efforts are paying off and you are quickly heading towards your goal! Applause!

Poof and you disappeared. =) How is it going? Still on Duromine and losing weight?

nikki82 said:
So today I am starting Duromine again i was on it a couple of years ago but just couldnt afford it at the time. I am now 14 kgs heavier then when i started last time. I am just worried as i have osteoarthritis in both knees so exercise is very limited that it will take a long time for any weight loss.

Day 1 - 40mg

Start weight - 130.5 kg (i am so ashamed and disgusted writing that)

Goal weight - around 75 kg but i would be happy to fit into a size 12

Hello Nikki. How do you feel this time on Duromine?

I stopped taking Duromine last Friday as i have had my period now for 2 weeks even though i started on birth control. I have felt sick every day since Friday which started easing today. Unsure if that was from Duromine or the fact my period has gone on so long.

you didn't adress to the doctor? like i said, both duromine and birth control can affect your period... hopefully, you get well soon. take care

My doctor said its just hormones and they should settle down soon

oh that is so good to hear! =) did he say anything about Duromine? are you planning to try getting back on it?

nikki82 said:
My doctor said its just hormones and they should settle down soon

Hi Nikki! How do you feel? Better, I hope.

Meesh said:
I am about to post a new post somewhere on here.. confessions of my weekend.. *hangs head*.. (nothing x rated lol ).

Uh, heeey! That’s not fare! Still, hope you’re going great and managed to lose a great amount of weight. A lovely weekend to you!

My period only ended yesterday lasted 23 days my doctor had to put me on a stronger birth control

Hi everyone!

I began duromine last year, my starting weight was 93kgs. After using duromine for 2 months, my hubs lost his job and we could no longer afford it. So, i was to continue on my own. Over a period of a year, i have managed to drop 9kgs (thats imcluding the duromine). So im glad iv managed to keep loosing, but im currently stuck at 84kgs and 164cm.

I started back on duromine yesterday, i felt great in the morning once i had started moving, but i found i was very easily irrationally irritated. I found myself snapping at the kids for things that usually would make me cranky but not snappy AND cranky.

By the evening, i was exhausted and couldnt keep going. Slept horribly.

Day 2 today

Today, i am super tired. Possibly lack of sleep? Not dealing with the kids again (cant WAIT for school to go back, they have clearly had enough time together) fighting and yelling and carrying on!

I have struggled to get up and do anything today? I dont understand. The last time i had duromine i was full of energy and ready to do what it takes! This time im just tired. Im suppose to be packing our house. We move in 2 days time. I feel like i need to just sleep! But my kids are 3 and 4 and im just so tired. Half the house is packed.

Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow!

12days said:
Hi everyone!

I began duromine last year, my starting weight was 93kgs. After using duromine for 2 months, my hubs lost his job and we could no longer afford it. So, i was to continue on my own. Over a period of a year, i have managed to drop 9kgs (thats imcluding the duromine). So im glad iv managed to keep loosing, but im currently stuck at 84kgs and 164cm.

I started back on duromine yesterday, i felt great in the morning once i had started moving, but i found i was very easily irrationally irritated. I found myself snapping at the kids for things that usually would make me cranky but not snappy AND cranky.

By the evening, i was exhausted and couldnt keep going. Slept horribly.

Day 2 today

Today, i am super tired. Possibly lack of sleep? Not dealing with the kids again (cant WAIT for school to go back, they have clearly had enough time together) fighting and yelling and carrying on!

I have struggled to get up and do anything today? I dont understand. The last time i had duromine i was full of energy and ready to do what it takes! This time im just tired. Im suppose to be packing our house. We move in 2 days time. I feel like i need to just sleep! But my kids are 3 and 4 and im just so tired. Half the house is packed.

Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow!

Hello! Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, many people report such body response to Duromine, when instead of an energy burst they get super tired. Yes, the reason might be lack of sleep. However, it might be a good idea to stop Duromine for a couple of days and restart the course. This measure does help at times. On the other hand, you can keep taking it for a couple of days more and may be the situation will smooth out.

Either way, I wish you luck with your weight loss journey and, of course, packing the house. Keep it strong!

PS. Yes, irritability is one of possible side effects of Duromine. In fact, every time you get into a new Duromine course, your side effects can differ.

Thanks April, much appreciated.

So how long do i need to stop it, to "reset" it?

Ill see how i feel in the morning. If i find i dont cope with it tomorrow I'll give it a break for the weekend. o_O

Is there an app i can download for this?

12days said:
Thanks April, much appreciated.

So how long do i need to stop it, to "reset" it?

Ill see how i feel in the morning. If i find i dont cope with it tomorrow I'll give it a break for the weekend. o_O

Is there an app i can download for this?

I would say 3-4 days.

How do you feel? Any better?

I am not sure if there is any app for Duromine use… really… if you need a food tracker, you can find lots of these on the Internet. If you need any help, please write.

Thanks so much for your support April!

I stopped taking it the next day and it took a good 2 days for the side effects to ware off! I havent started back on them yet with moving and STILL unpacking and calling companies yada yada yada. You know how it goes haha.

Planning on re starting tomorrow. I weighed in this morning, sitting at 84.9kgs. I am ok with that i guess. I was hoping so much that being so active with moving that i would shed at least an extra kg. But anywho. Time to keep going. Im thinking of joining a gym.

Any thoughts?

April said:
Poof and you disappeared. =) How is it going? Still on Duromine and losing weight?
*sings* And so I’m back.. from outer space.... lol. ;)

I’m sorry I was away for a while. I had my sons first birthday/passing day and it threw me a little. Sadly I spent a good few weeks not eating how I should and gained everything back. But that’s that. I’ll own it and accept that I’m human.

Anyway.. an update :) I finally got my head sorted enough to start again on the fatness loss track last week. I did really well after last time without the duromine. I had only ever taken 4 days worth and lasted a few weeks off it and doing it myself. But then as mentioned above.. I stopped. Anyway... l started last week, and I’m still going good! Even had a few drinks on the weekend and I didn’t have anything bad to eat or overeat.
I decided as I was going to try duromine again seeing as though I had nearly a full box left and as they are 40mg, I was going to take one every 2 days. Mainly because I wanted to be able to control myself on that day off even though there is still some duromine in my system sometimes etc. I can actually tell when there is... and it’s also like my brain remembers the feel so it’s in a routine/habit etc. So that’s what I’ve been doing.

As for the alcohol I had on the weekend. I took duromine Friday morning.. I didn’t have it Saturday morning as per routine, and I drank Saturday night. I took it easy at first, mentally monitoring myself as I’m a very aware person regardless of duromine or alcohol. I did notice the first drink hit me faster and I was nursing that first drink for a good half hour. But after that I was fine, nothing different. I did keep my water intake up for the first hour once getting to the pub then gave up as I had so much ice in my drinks I would’ve been spending the night in the ladies loo lol When I got home I had a chicken breast omelette.

The next day I slept in for once for obvious reasons lol and I was surprised I didn’t feel hungry or unwell apart from a headache. I didn’t take duromine as I thought it best not to after my night out etc. I only had some fruit that day then light dinner. I was impressed how well I did with no duromine. I took it the next day on Monday though and all was ok.

The sleep thing - I get it. Everyone says they can’t sleep at first etc it’s true but your body IS tired and will let you sleep.. just a matter of getting your brain to let you. Reading helps. But honestly... if I just lay down and keep thinking “I’m tired.. “ and similar thoughts... I’m out to it within 5-10 mins. If I use my phone or play an app.. I could stay awake all night. Duromine seems to make you fixated on things - not cleaning for me sadly lol - so I try use it to my advantage when i know I’m tired etc fixate on sleep. Sounds nuts but it works for me.

Fruit tea bags in water helps with the dry mouth more than plain water in my experience. And actually eating something substantial and balanced helps with side effects. I don’t recommend eating before taking duromine. For some reason, when I do that, I feel more hungry. I wait an hour or so then I have a light breakfast etc

Anyway! That’s my boring little update lol hopefully I’ll stay in touch.

Oh! I lost 3.7kg in my first week last week (actually in 4 days). I haven’t weighed in again yet, post boozy night out lol but I’ll do so tomorrow. And hopefully remember to post here. If only this thing would text me and tell me lol I don’t really check emails or notifications.

Have a great day everyone. I’m on a non-duro-day today and actually feeling productive. Weird lol

Bye for now ✌️:cool:

Meesh, hiiiii!!! Oh, I will be singing this day all day long! =) It’s simply impossible to stop. =)

Thank you very much for your post. It was really interesting to know how you are and what you were doing. I hope so much that you are finally back on track and decided to take care of your health. Congrats on first amazing results. What a great motivation to move forward even more intense! Great job! Looking forward to your updates and wish you an amazing day!

So i was on 30mg of Duromine a while back, and i lost 5kg, but then i needed to go back on my anti-depressants, so i stopped Duromine, and i saw a doctor that said she wouldnt recomend i go back on Duromine while taking zoloft.

But i had to increase my zoloft dose to 100mg, and it makes me feel hungry ALL THE TIME. which is a horrible feeling.. so i saw another doctor and she said i can try taking Duromine while im on zoloft and see how i go. Im on the 40mg of Duromine this time, because last time i was feeling hungry after a week.

Today is the first day im on it, so far its been a good day. Havent had any side effects yet, will see how i go the rest of the week.

Reactions: Sarziee
Heeey! Look who’s back! So glad to have the possibility of following your journey again. Keep my fingers crossed that Duromine and Zoloft work well together. Especially that you are on Duromine 40mg and Zoloft 100mg, which are both high doses. Do you take them with an interval? I mean, Duromine in the morning and Zoloft in the evening (if it even matters due to long half-life of both drugs)… Drug interactions of Duromine scare the hell out of me. I am sorry, I don’t want to discourage you in any way. I just want you to be warned and address for timely medical assistance, if anything happens – to get timely help and get well without consequences. Here’s what you symptoms you need to watch out for: CNS irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, myoclonus, ataxia, abdominal cramping, hyperpyrexia, shivering, pupillary dilation, diaphoresis, hypertension, and tachycardia.

These are signs and symptoms of excessive serotonergic activity, which is possible when Duromine is used with SSRIs. I am sorry, this wasn’t supposed to be a discouraging post. I am just worried.

Now back to your plan. What is it? Eating, exercising – everything’s well thought-over? I understand that your main concern is your high hunger level and you need Duromine to mainly cope with this issue. However, I am sure that you know how you need to change your eating habits to get the very best of this course. From the bottom of my heart, Mel, BEST OF LUCK!