Hey Kiki! How was your weekend? And how is that motivation of yours doing? If you find it hard to maintain it for a long time, set mini goals and mini awards (not food), and just go for them, without taking a step back. =) Hope, you had a nice week, as well.

Kiki, are you still on Duromine? Did the sleep issue alleviate?

About two years ago I went on duromine as suggested by my doctor to loose some weight before I had the gastric band surgery. I only took 30mg for one month and I'm that time I lost 10kgs. I was 130 and went down to 120. I felt amazing but I thought one month was enough for me and I'd wait for my surgery.

It is now two years exactlt since I first started duromine and I am at 117kg.. I've had no success with gastric band and I am looking into the sleeve. But In the mean time I felt I needed something to help kickstart my motivation. Last time I took duromine I was so happy- I felt so comfortable in my skin for a whole year I didn't mind that I was big- I just knew I was smaller than I was.. now I've been around this weight for a year and I'm ready to loose more,

so I went to my doctor about 4 days ago and she was okay with me starting again- last time I didn't really have many side effects other than trouble sleeping and headaches.

DAY ONE:
I was so nervous- I love eating food and I was scared of missing out- I remember the feeling of not being hungry and I hated it! But I took it and I coped- I was pretty happy at the end of the day that I didn't binge on crap food like I normally would. I was excited for the next day

DAY TWO: today
I have never felt so terrible in my life. I got home from an errand around 10:30 and I was so dizzy I couldn't stand straight. I had a lie down but I just felt horrible. I had the worst spinning head ever and I started to feel nauseas. I had a nap and stayed in bed all day- it was so bad I had to call in sick for work. It's now 6pm and I still feel horrible. Because I feel so sick in my tummy, I haven't eaten and have to force myself to eat or drink. I had half an orange and one salada cracker all day which isn't enough and probably isn't helping how I feel. I'm trying to drink More water but it's hard to force it.

I hope tomorrow im feel better- I know my body isn't used to a foreign drug in my system so it will take time to get used to, but has anyone ever felt this bad? Like everytime I stand up I need to sit down or I'll faint... water is helping but I need to lay down not sit or stand.

I'm hopeful ill feel better soon as last time I never experienced these symptoms.

Jessica, hi. I can’t believe I missed your message. Welcome to the forum! How do you feel today?

Your bad condition on day two could be caused by NOT EATING. Many people get that, especially in the first days of the course. Avoid starvation and eat by a normal regime. This can help you cope with Duromine better.

Where is Kiki? Did anyone see her? =)) If you drop in, please, tell us how you are doing. Cheers!

Mel, dear, how is it going?

Hey Jess.

My story is super similar to yours! Lost heaps of weight when I used Duromine years ago, put it all back on and then some as I was young and stupid. Ended up getting the band but it slipped so had it removed as it was more hassle than it was worth. Fast forward to now and I've had some kids and got up to over 130kg.

Been on duromine just over 2 months now and hoping I'll actually be able to keep the weight off this time! Goodluck xx

Emma88 said:
Hey Jess.

My story is super similar to yours! Lost heaps of weight when I used Duromine years ago, put it all back on and then some as I was young and stupid. Ended up getting the band but it slipped so had it removed as it was more hassle than it was worth. Fast forward to now and I've had some kids and got up to over 130kg.

Been on duromine just over 2 months now and hoping I'll actually be able to keep the weight off this time! Goodluck xx

Hi Emma! And I was wondering if you decided on taking Duromine or not after all. So you did.. Are you happy with the results?

Hi All,

I was here in the last 3 months of 2017, along with a few other ladies, but that thread seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, I had a break in January from Duro, as we were travelling and I kept forgetting to take it.
Between October and December I had gone from 92.3-86.5, and then I put some weight back on.
I am back on it again now and happy that my current weight of 87.3 isn't far off what I had achieved last year.

The weight is coming off me VERY VERY slowly, which is frustrating because I can see lots of people have big losses. Nevertheless my clothes are fitting me better and my body is changing, so i'm holding one :laughing:

Just documenting to keep myself accountable again.

Heeeeey! Look who’s back! Happy to see you, dear. It’s always nice to see people, who don’t stop in their fight and continue after the break. Here’s the thread that you mentioned, though it’s rather dead. Once you disappeared, no one else came back. =(

You did not gain literally anything. Well done! You know, this is probably (besides your willpower) due to the fact that you are losing weight sloooowly. There is another user (love the way she goes), whose weight also goes down very slowly, BUT she also managed to maintain it while away from Duromine. Here is here Duromine diary and a report of Five weeks post Duromine and her second time around with Duromine, though she disappeared for a while now. Still, I think her experience resembles yours quite a bit, and I hope that you will be calmer about your smaller losses and will enjoy every 200 g that you manage to shed. =) It’s a big deal!

I wish you all the best for your second round and will definitely be one of your fans and cheerleaders =) have a lovely active weekend!

Last edited:
Hey @April Thank you for the links!!
I have got a sick little girl at home, so have been a bit slack with updating this page.
No change in weight still bu that's ok, I will keep going.

I was thinking of trying No carbs at dinner? See if that makes a difference.

Hope you;re well April :)

Hey, I am doing well, thank you!

I am sorry your precious girl is sick. Wish her a fast recovery!
Yep, no carbs at dinner might help shift the situation. Fingers crossed the weight begins moving. The best thing is that you are consistent with your plan, Keep going strong!

Hi @April !!

I have seriously lost the plot.
No change in weight since my last post, no gain which is great I guess.
Took a few days of Duro - got my last script filled yesterday, back on it this morning. Here's hoping ( again :rolleyes:)

Oh dear… no gain is definitely a great thing. Taking a few days off might help trigger further progress (better if those were 4 days or a week). Fingers crossed everything goes great!

Remind me please, what’s you weight loss program? May be a small change can result in higher results?

Hey April, still now loss on the scales, but I can now take my pants off withouth undoing the buttons or the zip! :laughing: :laughing:

My weightloss program is just eating smaller portions and making wise food choices. I haven't cut anything out, as I find that it is what makes me binge. And walking 3xtimes a week.
Going away in June with family, want to feel a bit better physically.

Oh hey dear! Huh, these stubborn scales! I guess, you’re one of those who lose very little in weight and lose a lot in volumes. It is quite possible. In fact, you can be losing in volumes now and in some time see your weight going down, as well. The main thing is that you are consistent with your eating and exercising. I am happy for you for finding the golden mean and know exactly how to adjust your menu in order to avoid binging attacks. =) That’s a huge step forward!

Walking 3 times a week – that’s great! But (as always, I have a but, even if a small one) if you have such a possibility, add strength trainings. It’s time already. They will boost your weight loss. I am not telling about getting a gym membership. Search in youtube for short HIIT training, or short Tabata workout, or simply short strength training. Believe me, you will benefit from these enormously. Your body shape will start changing and toning up. And you will definitely feel a lot better physically if you do these.

No matter what you decide about the trainings, I hope that your progress starts rolling again. =) my best wishes, as always!

I have tried duromine in the past and had some success with it. I can’t remember exactly how much I lost as that was about 5 years ago but two pregnancies later and I have put almost all of it back on again.

My goal weight is set for 63.4kg but the lightest I’ve been since I was a kid was 70kg so i’ll be happy if I can get to anywhere below that. It would be nice though to actually make it to what I am supposed to weigh.

I am on day 5 of duromine 40mg. I’m not counting calories but I am following the old weight watchers point system I used last time I was on duromine. I have been keeping a diary with all my meals, symptoms, activity, daily weigh ins and basically anything else I think is worth remembering. I know weighing myself daily might not be recommended but from past experiences it actually keeps me on track and more motivated then if I do it weekly.

My week so far has been like this..

Day one -
Took duromine at 7am and went back to bed until 10am. By this point I started feeling the effects, my hands were slightly shaking, I could feel my heart beating faster (kind of like when you are anxious about something) but despite those symptoms I felt really good, like very content and no pain at all (I suffer from headaches and back pain). I was really busy that day so I actually forgot to eat until later that night, I did have half a frozen coke though because we were out and I wanted something really cold. Got home about 6pm and was starting to feel tired but was really into reading.. fast forward to about 10pm and I was alert again and started to feel hungry to the point of feeling sick. I had one of those frozen microwaveable chicken rolls for dinner. I didn’t make it to bed until about 3am but I tossed and turned for hours and didn’t fall asleep until about 5am.
Starting weight - unknown, I didn’t weigh myself until day 2

Day two -
Got up and took duromine at 7am. I was like a walking zombie due to only having 2 hours sleep but my body kind of felt awake, like I had no chance of falling back asleep so I stayed up. I was feeling sick too so I forced myself to have some breakfast, hoping it would help. I had a coffee and 2 pieces of toast with honey. That didn’t help and I ended up having to take some sickness tablets which got rid of it within about half an hour. I was feeling good again, not as good as the first day with feeling content but more like my normal after a good nights sleep. It was my Dads birthday so we went out to lunch and I only ate about half of my meal. By the time we finished there I started to feel very physically drained like I could take a nap but my mind was still clicked on and running a million miles an hour. 9pm I wasn’t feeling hungry but I started to get the munchies, I contemplated snacking on junk food but instead decided to cut up some carrot sticks so I snacked on them instead. 11pm I had no energy and wanted to go to sleep but my mind was still so clicked on, I was thinking of about a million things I wanted to do but I didn’t have the energy to do anything. I had also been peeing heaps that night but I had drank so much water throughout the day. Finally got to sleep about 1:30am.
Weight - 97.4kg - loss of 0kg

Day 3 - first day tracking points
I got woken up at 4am and tried to go back to sleep but as I was laying there with my eyes closed I just felt awake and started thinking about all the things I wanted to do again so I decided to get up and have a tea and see how I felt after. My eyes felt heavy and clearly I was tired but I also wasn’t at the same time. Kind of hard to explain. I had a headache again too. Took duromine at 5am, hoping taking it a couple of hours earlier may help me sleep at night. Had breakfast at 8:15am, I had half a piece of steak, 2 eggs and a small salad (I was hungry from not having dinner the night before). This tied me over until dinner but I had a tea in place of lunch. I got a fair bit of cleaning done in a period of about 2hrs which would usually take me all day to accomplish with several breaks but once I started I just didn’t want to stop. Once I did stop I started to feel very drained and sluggish and found myself getting cranky easily. Again I was feeling like my body was drained but my mind was still telling me to do things but I just couldn’t get motivated again which really annoyed me. That evening I had a headache coming on again and a very dry mouth. Dinner I had a chicken salad. I was feeling really good about my meals today and portion sizes.
Weight - 97.3kg - loss of 100g

Day 4 -
I had a better sleep last night, still not great but the best one yet since starting duromine, I slept for about 4 hours. Woke up at 4:30am, took duromine at 5am. Went back to bed until 6:15am although I think I only fell asleep for about 15mins. Weighed myself this morning and I’m down 1.9kg, not a bad result for 3 full days considering yesterday was my first day of actually choosing to make healthy food over convenience. Feeling very good and motivated. I missed breakfast as it was a hectic morning with the kids and I only got back home at 11am. Feeling slightly hungry but not very. I feel more normal today, not pumped with energy but feel awake despite the little sleep. Still have dry mouth and a mild headache. 11:30am had breakfast - low fat/no sugar peach and mango yoghurt with fresh kiwi fruit and banana and a tea. I struggled getting through breakfast and feel bloated. 12pm staring to feel tired as though I could take a nap, I wanted to get up and do things but had no motivation. Ended up making myself get up and do some housework and then went and mowed half the back lawn, which doesn’t seem like much but my lawn is really long and my mower is heavy and hard to push. I feel like my arms got a good workout though. Mowed for somewhere between half hour and 40mins. Had dinner at 9pm - chicken salad again and a tea. I have noticed that I have all of a sudden become really bad a keeping track of the days. Was feeling very tired by 10pm, was hoping to make it to bed by 11 after getting all of the kids stuff ready for tomorrow but that didn’t happen, I woke right back up after I finished. 1:32am I still couldn’t sleep and started feeling sick again.
Weight - 95.8kg - loss of 1.9kg

Day 5 - Today
Bad night sleep last night, finally fell asleep about 2:30am, woke up at 5:30am. 3 hours sleep and not the most restful kind. Took duromine at 5:40am, weighed myself at 6am - loss of 900g since yesterday, still a good loss but honestly I was hoping it was a bit more due to getting out and mowing yesterday considering the day before I didn’t really do any exercise and lost more. I know it’s all probably water weight anyway but it’s still nice to see the number dropping. 6:10am had a cappuccino, desperately needed a pick me up this morning. 7am breakfast - 1 satchet of honey flavoured quick oats with 1tbs of honey. 9am - did a water aerobics class at the pool (45mins). I had no idea how much of a workout that could be. Deffinatelt got my heart rate up and worked some muscles. Made the mistake of guzzling down a bunch of water straight after and spent the next half hour feeling really sick. Had an apple and took some sickness tablets to see if that would help, which it did. I have been feeling pretty run down since I got home this morning. I think lack of sleep and getting sunburnt yesterday is impacting me a bit. I actually took a 2 hour nap today but when I woke up I still felt pretty crap. Other then my workout this morning I haven’t really done much and I have been craving soft drink but I am trying not to give in. 3pm I had a steak, egg and salad sandwich for a late lunch / early dinner. This has been the highest points value I have used in one meal since starting but it’s something that I will go back to eating eventually so I paid attention to the weight of the steak, how many eggs I used and I skipped the cheese. I felt alright while eating but now I think it may have been a bit much and am feeling really full. My headache is back now too after sitting here writing all of this.
Weight - 94.9kg - loss of 2.5kg

That brings me up to where I am now. I will keep updating how I go over my journey. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day then today and can’t wait for my sleep to go back to normal.

=) Congrats with the first post and congrats with a new road! May it be successful and pleasant, with a happy outcome! A bit of a bumpy road for now, but fingers crossed your sleep gets back to normal in the nearest time. Headaches can be caused by lack of normal sleep or just be a side effect of Duromine, as these two often go hand in hand =( Hats off for upping the activity and I definitely love the fact that you have chosen the water aerobics. The food diary is my next favorite thing after the poll exercises. =) I am sure you will be doing great! However, if the insomnia and headaches don’t go away soon, you might need to consider stopping Duromine for a couple of days to have some rest. Wish you a better day!

Day 6
Today was not a better day. Got about 5 and a half hours of broken up sleep last night. Took duromine at 6am and went back to bed until 7:30am. I felt completely drained today with no energy and felt sick for most of the day. I didn’t eat very much due to not feeling good.
Today I had -
No breakfast but a cup of tea
Some grapes at about 11am
No lunch
Dinner was small piece of steak with 2 eggs
5 strawberries & a cup of tea.
I am extremely tired at present and have a headache so I am going to try and get some sleep and have an early night. I feel like if I could just have one good night of sleep i’ll be able to reset and not feel so run down.
Weight - 94.3kg - loss of 3.1kg

Uhhhh, the no sleep thing i cannot deal, my first two days were like this & i had two random days this week aswell with little sleep, it feels really shitty. I hope you can sleep soon!!

Reactions: April