I'm so sorry for your last couple years! Couldn't imagine but it's amazing that you're getting back into it!

Yeah I use the my fitnesspal app and count calories etc. I can take the duromine and not exercise and still sleep. I'm only at the end of week 2 I didn't think all the side effects would already be gone. I feel like my body is already used to the duromine and aren't going to work as well anymore.

I have a personal trainer as well so I do a lot of exercise out of work and I eat 1200-1500 calories a day so not overeating or anything. I will just see how I go for a couple more weeks

I almost laughed when you said I have heard it doesn't work I started at 134.5kg 174.5cm tall. In 4 weeks 3 days I have lost 24.5kgs. I haven't done lots of exercise just mowing the lawn, cleaning and gardening like shovel and wracking. So yes it does work!

Hi All

I have been on duromine for a week and a half and have lost no weight at all!

I was on duromine about 5 weeks ago and was going good, lost 4kilos is 3 weeks and had no side effects at all, still slept fine, didn't crave any junk food, had energy etc but Had to stop due to health issues at the time.

I am now safe to use duromine and this time it's completely different to when I used it before, I can't sleep, still craving bad food everything.

I am on 30mg, I am thinking that I might just finish the 30mg I have and if there is still no weight loss, I will ask for 40mg.

I exercise everyday, eat healthy etc

Starting weight from the beginning was

Weight now is 74.2.

Any suggestions would be great! I take the pill at 6am.

Hello, Kayla

I heard many times from other people that Duromine pills did not work the same after a break. Me myself had to take a break after my first set of three months and I must admit the effect was different at first. It took more time to feel the same appetite suppression effect, but I knew I had to be patient and I kept going. You see, Duromine is an "assistant" that helps you stay on the right way to lose weight. It helps you to control your meals, portions of food and TEACH YOUR BODY to eat properly all your life after you finish the pills! So, my advice is to keep going, stick to your diet and exercises whether the pills will work again or not. And I believe that you will achieve an amazing weight loss, you just need more time. As for the pills, even if you will see no effect, you don't lose anything, just finish the box anyways (of course if you have no severe side effects).

For your bad sleep, you can try one of the tips we have on "Side effects of Duromine" topic ---> here
For bad food craving, I can recommend you to make 4-5 small meals and drink gingeк or lemon water with teaspoon of honey.
At least that's what helped me.

Take care, dear Kayla!
Wish you good weight loss.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KaylaLouiseHeyen
Been 3 weeks and exercising 6 days a week and eating pretty healthy, yet no weight loss at all

Don't know what to do, if I should just stop using it and maybe start again next year and see what happens? If it's not working should I really be doing this to my body? So confused as to what to do next!

Do you take any other medications that might cancel it out?
I heard a story of girl who was using other medications with her duromine and apparently it made her gain weight.

I do but I was taking the same medication the first time, maybe my body is just used to it so it's not working, might try again next year. Hopefully it will work again

I have had all my hormones and thyroid checked as well and my doctor said I was basically perfect lol so it's frustrating

Just want to lose some weight !

yeah, by the sound of it, you have the determination to loose weight on your own, without duromine. Though it would be slower then you probably wish it to be. Until you feel you want to try duromine again. :)

Hi everyone. I'm a 33 year old female who started duromine 30mg last week (I'm day 9). I have really inaccurate and unpredictable digital scales at home so I'm not sure how I'm doing. I think I've last maybe 3-4kg. So I started karate almost two years ago and have been doing 8-10
Hours training per week and wasn't losing any weight. I went to my doctor in April last year and found out I have PCOS. So I started taking metformin for that. I've lost maybe five kg in six months which was just depressing me with the amount of exercise I'm doing (I also took up cycling). So the doctor finally gave me a script for the duromine. Day 1 I felt it kick in and felt amazing a buzzing with energy but I haven't had that feeling any of the other days. I also still feel hungry. It's easier to not eat than before but I feel like I'm constantly thinking about food. This confuses me because everyone else talks about how they have no appetite. Im wondering if it's because of the amount of exercise I'm doing? This week I've ridden 50km, done a triathlon and also all my karate training, which is 1.5-2 hrs per day (I had Saturday off). I'm also feeling a bit snappy at everyone so have started isolating myself. I am feeling really depressed that this also isn't going to work for me.

Oops. Forgot my starting weight... I was 96kg when I started the duromine.

Evening.
I'm just coming up to a month on it
Felt the buzz the first day and didn't feel anything any other day. Dont feel any different now days just my normal self but having said that i didnt get and bad side effects from it
For me ive had a few days were I'm hungry as but just try and choose the better option foods. I try and have more protein.
i find though i don't crave the sweet foods which is good.
Just give it time. And i would think the amount of training you are doing may pissibly need more food . but im no professional in that area.

Reactions: lovely gal and Deb
Thanks Sardon. I probably haven't been eating as much protein as I should, I've been filling up on fruit and vegetables. So I'll give that a go and see if my hunger goes away. How has duromine been going for you?

H
Deb said:
Hi everyone. I'm a 33 year old female who started duromine 30mg last week (I'm day 9). I have really inaccurate and unpredictable digital scales at home so I'm not sure how I'm doing. I think I've last maybe 3-4kg. So I started karate almost two years ago and have been doing 8-10
Hours training per week and wasn't losing any weight. I went to my doctor in April last year and found out I have PCOS. So I started taking metformin for that. I've lost maybe five kg in six months which was just depressing me with the amount of exercise I'm doing (I also took up cycling). So the doctor finally gave me a script for the duromine. Day 1 I felt it kick in and felt amazing a buzzing with energy but I haven't had that feeling any of the other days. I also still feel hungry. It's easier to not eat than before but I feel like I'm constantly thinking about food. This confuses me because everyone else talks about how they have no appetite. Im wondering if it's because of the amount of exercise I'm doing? This week I've ridden 50km, done a triathlon and also all my karate training, which is 1.5-2 hrs per day (I had Saturday off). I'm also feeling a bit snappy at everyone so have started isolating myself. I am feeling really depressed that this also isn't going to work for me.

Hi! I started my firat month on 30mg.. felt no different at all and was still hungry. I asked my doctor to go up to 40 mg and that made ALL the difference. I was no longer ungry and got that "energy boost" everyone was talking about

Deb said:
Thanks Sardon. I probably haven't been eating as much protein as I should, I've been filling up on fruit and vegetables. So I'll give that a go and see if my hunger goes away. How has duromine been going for you?

Im just one day away from being on it for a month and just creeping over the 10kg loss mark. So happy with that.

Hey honey, even on duromine your body will tell you when its hungry and needs fuel. And you my dear are smashing it, fitness wise.. so you do require fuel/food. A way to increase your protein intake is in a shake form. I buy mine online from bulk nutrients. They have 84% protein and tastes nice and creamy. I personally prefer vanilla. As for the feeling snappy - yes... i know that feeling. I found as long as i kept aware of it, and did my best i was alright. Walked away where i needed to. Once my body adjusted better to the duromine i became alot better. Balanced, as you will.

Hi Deb, I also have PCOS and my Dr has put me on 30g Duromine in conjunction with Metformin. Still on a low dose of the Metformin but if all good taking both after a week I will be doubling to 500mg. Are you still taking the Metformin? Have you noticed any changes to your PCOS symptoms?

Hi! Sorry, its a late introduction. I have been taking 30 mg of Duromine for the past 13 days. I started weighing 90 kg (I am 164 cm). My goal is 70 kg.
To date I have lost 5 kg and 4 cm from my waist. My clothes are a lot looser and I feel pretty good.
My doctor prescribed Duromine after I went in asking for help. I lost 10 kg about 3 years ago and hadnt progressed any further. I wanted something that would help me reset my eating patterns. I had a tendency to mindlessly snack during the week. Duromine has helped me control that and, hopefully, when I have finished, it will have created a change in my eating habits.
Next step is to fit in a bit more exercise. Walking the dog more, getting on the exercise bike or doing some body weight based exercises.
I find I am still tired during the day. I had heard other people say they felt like they had a mountain of energy and found they couldnt stop moving. For me, Duromine has only turned off my hunger. No side effects (apart from the occasional dry mouth. And I have horrendous "weight loss breath").
I have another 6 weeks of Duromine. I want to get the most out of it. Then the next challenge will be maintaining the weight loss (and possibly losing more).
Thanks!

I know this is an old post but hope it can help.
I took duromine about 8 months ago and it worked well. I stopped after a few weeks and then started again about a month later and it didn't work at all. I just couldn't sleep and had cravings and I got all the bad effects and no good ones.
Now I've started AGAIN to use the last of my packet and it's been about 6 months in between and it's back to normal again.
So maybe you need a large break for it to get ou of your system or something.

It's almost been 3 months since I last took it, I really want to start taking it again! I have no idea what my weight is now, I have just recently moved out of home and been eating badly so wouldn't surprise me if I am around the 80kg mark I'm worried my doctor won't give it to me again, I still have some left from my old packet, I don't want to take it and then it not work again I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow night so hopefully he will prescribe me some

How did you go? Im hoping it works for you the way you want it too this time. Fingers crossed and good luck :) x