Belly said:
Hi there I'm new to duromine day 3 as we speak first day wasn't to bad no energy no sleep day to very emotional no sleep today I have woken up with a headache can I take nurofen??? I have two kids so I really can't afford a headache right now and being Easter my kids will be on a sugar high lol
About me I'm 35 mum to 2 kids I'm 5'3 67kgs aim is 50kg I train twice a week with weights at the gym for an hour and then do another hour on cardio I go intotal 4 days so two on weights and two on cardio I have high chlosterol runs in the family I like to think I have good eating habits don't over indulge I'm very aware of carbs don't sit well with me so I stay clear im a big coffee drinker no sugar and love dark chocolate if any one has any tips or advice I'm very open to it

I havent thought too much about it really. I have had quite a few headaches (and put it down to low water intake) and just taken either panadol or nurofen. Yo will get quite a bit of info on here. My dr didnt give me any info either, its all been research based for me. Its great to be able to come on here and ask questions

Belly said:
Can I ask what is ur weekly food in take like ?
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Dinner
Etc

Breakfast - 2 weetbix, honey and milk or porridge and strawberries. Peanut butter/vegemite toast if I am feeling lazy. And a coffee
Lunch - homemade soup (chicken & veg; pea and ham; pumpkin) or a vegemite and lettuce sandwich
Dinner - beef/lamb/chicken and salad
Snack - fruit or yoghurt; usually I am not hungry and forget to have a snack

its pretty much the same every day :)

Lol soon they won't fit at all ☺ I have a whole wardrobe of smaller clothes stored I'm dying to get back into I can't wait for that! Amping up the exercise this week, I want to see those cms gone! Yes I'm worries about sagging skin too, I have started moisturizing daily hoping it will help. I had a win last night, found out some news that I really didn't want to know, instead of hitting the bourbon and coke I reminded myself those extra calories aren't near as worth looking better ... I didn't drink .. or emotionally eat easter eggs that are currently available .. like I normally would ! Yay!

Reactions: Belly
Ok so I have been On duromine 30mg since Friday I weighed myself yesterday and lost 2.5 kgs I'm happy it's working but stressing as I have a night out with other mums I have not told any one I'm taking duromine and would like to keep it that way I'm a mum of 2 so a night is GREAT and I would really like to have a least a glass or two of wine I haven't drank in over 5 yrs I'm just not a drinker and when I do 2 would be my limit so the question is should I not take my Saturday pill I'm very strong willed and won't over eat so I'm not stressed about that just don't want to be taking a pill and then drink and make a idiot of myself or worse be really sick in front over every one

Hey maybe try a glass at home and see how u react

Belly said:
Ok so I have been On duromine 30mg since Friday I weighed myself yesterday and lost 2.5 kgs I'm happy it's working but stressing as I have a night out with other mums I have not told any one I'm taking duromine and would like to keep it that way I'm a mum of 2 so a night is GREAT and I would really like to have a least a glass or two of wine I haven't drank in over 5 yrs I'm just not a drinker and when I do 2 would be my limit so the question is should I not take my Saturday pill I'm very strong willed and won't over eat so I'm not stressed about that just don't want to be taking a pill and then drink and make a idiot of myself or worse be really sick in front over every one
My suggestion is to not take your Duromine the day you intend to have alcohol. Everyone reacts differently so be careful and be aware of how you are feeling that night. The fact you havent drank for 5 years a couple of glasses of wine could hit you harder and even more so with Duromine in you system. Just be weary.

Reactions: Belly
Belly said:

Or you could cheat and just get yourself a glass of soda water and a wedge of lime and pretend it has vodka in it lol. I understand not wanting to tell anyone. I didnt either (but my husband blabbed). People make me feel as though I am cheating and not losing weight on my own - or that Im "taking drugs" as apparently its a form of amphetamine.

I have had the odd few beers and seem pretty fine (Im a light drinker as well and it doesnt seem to make me any more of a lightweight). I do tend to feel a little sicker though.

letsdothis said:
Lol soon they won't fit at all ☺ I have a whole wardrobe of smaller clothes stored I'm dying to get back into I can't wait for that! Amping up the exercise this week, I want to see those cms gone! Yes I'm worries about sagging skin too, I have started moisturizing daily hoping it will help. I had a win last night, found out some news that I really didn't want to know, instead of hitting the bourbon and coke I reminded myself those extra calories aren't near as worth looking better ... I didn't drink .. or emotionally eat easter eggs that are currently available .. like I normally would ! Yay!

I had been holding onto a bag full of smaller clothes too - but they are all a size 12 and I have come to the realisation that Im not going to get down that far. Im not unhappy about that though. I will be happy with a size 14. So they have all been donated to the local op shop.

I only got one easter egg this year and I just finished it :eek: . No more now - back on it and try to lose the final 10kg before then end of May.

Hope it was good news!

What are you doing exercise wise?

Yeah nice, I am looking forward to size 14 fitting again too I'm not sure if I will get back to 12 I will soon start having to battle with the aging spread
Lol you are lucky, one egg would have been nice I have bags of the stuff sitting in my bedroom, have been limiting myself to small eggs, but I really don't know what to do with the rest of it no way I want to eat it all! How exciting getting down to the last 10kg you should be super proud of How far you have come
nope it was bad news, we'll more hurtful, but I have
ky11e83 said:
I had been holding onto a bag full of smaller clothes too - but they are all a size 12 and I have come to the realisation that Im not going to get down that far. Im not unhappy about that though. I will be happy with a size 14. So they have all been donated to the local op shop.

I only got one easter egg this year and I just finished it :eek: . No more now - back on it and try to lose the final 10kg before then end of May.

Hope it was good news!

What are you doing exercise wise?

exercise wise is being more active day -to-day, walking on days it's possible (I managed one this week ) and sit ups, lower ab workouts, ab circle pro and leg magic, all in the comfort of my loungeroom lol! I hold quite a lot of weight on my upper body, especially stomach and i have bugger all off a bum and sadly i think that's where I'm loosing my weight from

Bugger on the bad news. Good on you for not drowning your sorrows though.
I am the same - I walk when I get the chance. I managed a few laps around the park this week. I have been meaning to start doing all the at-home exercises but still in the "meh" stage when it comes to exercise.

Lol glad I'm not the only one still at the meh stage :p walking is really good, I have an oval across the road from me, still haven't made it there :/ that shall be my goal for Tuesday-walk laps of oval hehe
I really wish I didn't have to force the desire to exercise, hopefully if I do it enough it will become as easy as my morning smoke and coffee

I am making it my mission over the next 30 days to complete one of Jillian Michaels exercise DVD's (the 30- Day Shred). I was up at 6am this morning sweating it out in the lounge room. I am hoping I dont get too much muscle pain this time around (Ive done this DVD a few times and always stop as the leg pain is debilitating!) I am determined to push through it this time. I need to lose as much of this last 10 kg as possible as we are going over to Mexico in June this year! A spur of the moment trip - my husbands youngest sister lives over there with her fiance and they have decided the need to get married before his grandmother passes away). So, I need to get close to my goal weight of 70 kg. The weather over there is going to be hot and humid and I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing light clothes (like shorts, skirts and dresses - instead of my 3/4 jeans and loose t-shirts). Plus, I am sure I will gain a few kg's over there trying all their food (and drinking alcohol).
On a positive, I am getting complimented a lot more re weight loss. It feels great having people notice that I am changing shape and size.

If you want to mix it up is Carmen electra's fit to strip. Don't let the name turn you off, I used it (in conjunction with other weight loss methods) 7 years ago when I went from 90kg- 66kg. I just done the 20min workout.... tried it the other day and I felt every muscle in my body the day after- but not like painful i dont want to do this it hurts its more a low impact toning resource! Um awesome sounds like it's going to be a great trip and 10kg before your trip and your dedication I think you will come close-if not nail it! Hey congrats on people noticing your body changes that's such an awesome achievement and feel good lol

I have done the 30-day shred Mon and Tue. I also went for a slow jog with the dog on Tue and this morning the husband and I went for a 60 minute walk with the dog. Hopefully by adding the exercise it will help with the weight loss as I have found the last few weeks on Duromine I have been on a plateau.
Not as much muscle soreness as I usually get - by day two of the 30-day shred I cant walk up or down stairs lol - but this time it is sore but manageable. The Carmen Electra dvd looks interesting, I will have to see if I can find it cheap on ebay.

Lol I'm terrible... I love the pain and aching muscles after exercise. .. I just don't like having to do the exercise :p oh lucky, I ended up with a very unsociable dog taking it for a walk is out which is really crappy, was looking forward to having a dog to motivate me to walk but nope :mad: that should definitely help the plateau are you taking measurements? And I shall check out the 30 day shred :)

Bummer on having an anti-social dog.
The dvd is good. She focuses a lot on squats (which is great as that is the biggest muscle and requires more energy to build and repair) but sucks as if they are in bad shape (like mine were) it can take up to a week to recover and you definitely do not feel like doing her workout every day when you can hardly get on and off the lounge and, a tip, make sure you go easy on your knees - I tried her level 3 exercise and I have no idea what I did but it was sore for weeks.

:') oh man that's a little funny... I like to start off easy beginner level for everything... then I know where abouts I'm up to naturally ! I done situps and ab excercises was sore for a week!Tell me about it, my brother walks her (he is well over 6ft and awesome build) a couple of times he has had to literally carry her home (also big dog awesome build lol) from getting out of her collar or snapping a lead...

Scales are reading 77 kg! That's 13 kg gone.

I cant tell what size clothes I am now as I have sizes 12, 14 and 16 in my cupboard that all fit. Going by measurements though - My bust is down to 98 cm (slightly upset by this lol), waist is 91 cm and hips are 113 cm (I have always been hippy - and I probably will be lol)

ky11e83 said:
Scales are reading 77 kg! That's 13 kg gone.

I cant tell what size clothes I am now as I have sizes 12, 14 and 16 in my cupboard that all fit. Going by measurements though - My bust is down to 98 cm (slightly upset by this lol), waist is 91 cm and hips are 113 cm (I have always been hippy - and I probably will be lol)
Wow what a fantastic effort well done :)

Reactions: ky11e83