I have three days left of my Duromine. I have been on it for almost 8 weeks and have lost a total of 10kg. I havent exercised every day. I have been watching what I eat without restricting myself too much. I used MyFitnessPal to document my calorie intake.
I am heading back to the doctors this afternoon for a check up and to see if he will allow me to do one more month. I have wanted to lose 20kg for the last 3 years and cant believe how easy it has been to drop almost half of that.

Hey congrats that's an awesome achievement hop you are proud of your effort! I'm day 2, and while I'm tired from 2 nights lack of sleep (only one was a side effect) but I do have more motivation and energy ☺

I just jumped on the scales, and am finding it very hard to believe, but I am finally under 80 kg again! It's been years! I am at 79.5 kg right now. The only real difference I am seeing is that my old clothes dont fit anymore , I wish my brain would hurry up and come to the realisation that the girl in the mirror is A LOT smaller than she used to be!

On another note, I visited the doctor on Monday and he happily gave me another two months of Duromine. He is very happy with my progress and we were both blown away by how much my blood pressure has dropped. It wasnt high to start with but it is absolutely perfect now.

So, by mid May I should be at my goal weight of 70 kg! How exciting. I am determined to increase my physical activity this time around. We have been going for family bike rides and I had a spin on the exercise bike this morning along with a few body weight exercises. The family bike ride is by far much more fun than the solitary exercise.

I wish I had found Duromine years ago. It has not only helped me drop the weight but I can see now that I dont need food as a pick-me-up and I dont need to be constantly snacking. My portion sizes have all decreased as well.

Reactions: Joycee and Kezza65
WOOHOO WAY TO GO!!!! That's fantastic so happy for you right now... I can't wait to see the scales drop to 79 :) it seems that duromine agrees with you lol! I agree exercise is best when it doesn't feel like exercise :) right as I am typing my reply to you my son came and asked if we could go for a walk to the park.. loving the energy it's giving me the motivation to want to... but I had to promise Friday morning before the house cleaning... 3 days a week we don't get home until about 5... by the time I cook dinner eat ect doesn't leave enough time before his bed time 7-730... just means I have to utilize the days I do have to do family exercise! I'm thinking of getting a bike lol... not keen on having to rise on the road :/ yep.. food is yummy and all but I am also starting to decrease my portion size

Its been quite a while since I was under 80. I was a big girl between the ages of 8 and 15 then lost a lot of weight (I remember being in ladies size 18 clothes when I was 13). I got down to 58 kg and maintained that for 2 years. I went up to about 70 kg and stayed that way until I was 22. I met my now husband and put on 10 kg, fell pregnant and put on another 25. I was 102 kg at the end of my third pregnancy in 2012. After a week stay in hospital (on their food!) I came out at 95kg. I lost another 5kg on my own and then sort of gave up. Too much hard work and no enjoyment.
I am a stay at home mum at the moment and have three kids and just cant bring myself to do bike rides on the road with the three of them unless my husband is around to help! I used to go to the gym (which I really enjoyed) but had to give it up to bring our monthly expenses down. So now its trying to convince my three year old to go for a walk with the dog (she complains after about 5 minutes that her legs hurt and then cries for the remainder of the walk), so exercise is reduced to at home work outs and the exercise bike. That is one thing I would have liked, and that was motivation to exercise - or just more energy. I sleep great for about 5 hours and then toss and turn for the rest of the night and am tired for most of the day.

It's crazy how it just creeps up until one day it's like woah hang on a minute! I don't blame you for only going while hubby is there young children and roads is a worry, even if they are road aware! Yep I can celled my gym membership 2 weeks before I decided on duromine, I wasn't using it and it's an expense I just couldn't afford (plus it was 25 mins travel away, not really a slip to the gym kinda thing) what about a cheap stroller or a bike with a handle (can get trikes or 2 wheels that can be used seperately) if you were really wanting to go for walks, they are easy to control one handed. I had the burst of energy for first 3 days, but have more energy than I did off them still... ugh this no sleep thing 330am every god damn morning !

I could do that I suppose - her push bike has a handle on it - its so much nicer going without them though lol.
I loved going to the gym - nothing but me for an hour or so. Sounds selfish but I am with the kids 24/7 so it was a good stress relief.
It is surprising how quickly it adds up. I had no idea I put on so much weight with my first pregnancy. I just didnt see it when I looked in the mirror until I started comparing my body size to other women I saw in magazines with the same height and weight as me. No I have the opposite problem. I am 10 kg down and almost two dress sizes but I still see the original body in the mirror. If it werent for people commenting on my weight loss I probably would have given up by now.
I can sympathise with the sleep issues! I dont wake any earlier than i used to but it is a very restless sleep. I dont think its going to change either - not until I stop taking Duromine anyway.
How is the weight loss going for you? Are you happy with your progress so far?

Nope it doesn't sound selfish at all, I'm a big believer in me time ☺ keep going, are you taking weekly photos ? I find that helps noticing changes in your body ☺ wow sounds like you are doing awesome, and it's great that people are noticing ! I haven't noticed any changes yet, been taking measurements they are still the same, i have weighed myself and about 1.5kg loss official weigh in is tomorrow ... but... I had a birthday dinner to attend tonight, while I served my own portions up I know that by the time I finished dessert it was a bit too much, so that will probably put me back where I started... However I am not overly disappointed as I delt a main 1/4 size as rest of the table and dessert I tried a bit of everything just extremely small servings and even though I went back for seconds, it was still smaller amount than I would have last week ☺ now to get this exercise business under way and I will be set! I know I can do better than I have this week I just really wanted to ease into it and see how my body would react to duromine

Hi there I'm new to duromine day 3 as we speak first day wasn't to bad no energy no sleep day to very emotional no sleep today I have woken up with a headache can I take nurofen??? I have two kids so I really can't afford a headache right now and being Easter my kids will be on a sugar high lol
About me I'm 35 mum to 2 kids I'm 5'3 67kgs aim is 50kg I train twice a week with weights at the gym for an hour and then do another hour on cardio I go intotal 4 days so two on weights and two on cardio I have high chlosterol runs in the family I like to think I have good eating habits don't over indulge I'm very aware of carbs don't sit well with me so I stay clear im a big coffee drinker no sugar and love dark chocolate if any one has any tips or advice I'm very open to it

My non medical opinion personally I would be happy to take nurofen while others du romaine, but I already know that my body can handle medication and alcohol well.. everyone reacts differently if your worried about nurofen maybe try panadol as that seems to be what's most recommended in conjunction with prescription drugs but if your worried definitely check with a chemist or Dr ☺ hey seems like you are already well on the right track way to go ☺ water ! Drink heaps of it! Will help with weight loss and headaches

Belly said:
Hi there I'm new to duromine day 3 as we speak first day wasn't to bad no energy no sleep day to very emotional no sleep today I have woken up with a headache can I take nurofen??? I have two kids so I really can't afford a headache right now and being Easter my kids will be on a sugar high lol
About me I'm 35 mum to 2 kids I'm 5'3 67kgs aim is 50kg I train twice a week with weights at the gym for an hour and then do another hour on cardio I go intotal 4 days so two on weights and two on cardio I have high chlosterol runs in the family I like to think I have good eating habits don't over indulge I'm very aware of carbs don't sit well with me so I stay clear im a big coffee drinker no sugar and love dark chocolate if any one has any tips or advice I'm very open to it
I've had neurophen and panadol whilst on Duromine. And Im also a big coffee drink and will still have 2-4 skinny lattes a day, i just calorie count them

Thanks guys I took the panadole all is good Can I ask does any one ever fell spaced out I seem to not be worried or fussed about things like I normally would
I'm not counting calories got no idea how to do that I'm just being careful a piece of toast and coffee for brekkie no sugar and smear of butter with vegiemite lunch I had a sandwich with chicken avo lettuce on a whole meal bread and dinner will be some form of meat with veg or salad and in between if hungry will be a banana ,Apple or watermelon if I do feel hungry but so far no hunger pains just habit to want to eat cause kids or hubby is so I just make sure I have my water bottle close by and have been sipping on that so far I have drank 900ml at its 12pm so that's good right?no fizzy drink no alcohol no juice
My dr didn't give me much info at all he took weight blood pressure etc and I'll see him once a week Most my info is coming from this site

Also is there any before after pics on here to have a lookies at?

I was spaced out the first day or 2 it has settled now and it seems my feeling settled and calm is starting to wear off enjoy it lol ☺ if you do want to calorie count apps like my fitness pal help a lot! Just remember bread impacts weight loss and 2 serves of fruit is the recommended daily ! Yep water intake is good keep it up ☺lol my Dr didn't even take my blood pressure, just told me it will only work with diet and exercise I'm lucky over the years I have picked up hints and tips along the way... I'm just terrible at putting them into practice .. Meh!

Reactions: Belly
Belly said:
Also is there any before after pics on here to have a lookies at?
Yip ive got my before photos up and my 2 month progress photos up in my blog. Check them out if you like.

Belly said:
Thanks guys I took the panadole all is good Can I ask does any one ever fell spaced out I seem to not be worried or fussed about things like I normally would
I'm not counting calories got no idea how to do that I'm just being careful a piece of toast and coffee for brekkie no sugar and smear of butter with vegiemite lunch I had a sandwich with chicken avo lettuce on a whole meal bread and dinner will be some form of meat with veg or salad and in between if hungry will be a banana ,Apple or watermelon if I do feel hungry but so far no hunger pains just habit to want to eat cause kids or hubby is so I just make sure I have my water bottle close by and have been sipping on that so far I have drank 900ml at its 12pm so that's good right?no fizzy drink no alcohol no juice
My dr didn't give me much info at all he took weight blood pressure etc and I'll see him once a week Most my info is coming from this site
Well done for cutting out fizzy drink, alcohol and juice. Ive done the same with my duromine journey and i credit it to the weight ive lost so far. Keep up the great work. My GP didnt give me any info either, but ive learnt so much just by doing my own research on google. Xx

Can I ask what is ur weekly food in take like ?
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Dinner
Etc

Belly said:
Hi, Belly
Yeah nobody needs headaches. I think you can take nurofen while on Duromine. Also, make sure you drink plenty of water as headahes may come due to this too.

No, I havent taken any photos unfortunately. But there are a few around that I can have a look at and compare. I didnt want to at the time, but I wish I had taken an underwear pic or something. A photo of me that isnt hidden under loose clothing. I have only started getting the "have you lost weight?" comments after reaching the 10kg loss. But I am a bit heavier so I guess the weight loss wont show until I am noticeably smaller lol. Plus I think its also because I am still wearing the same clothes and they are almost falling off me.
Dont beat yourself up for enjoying a special occasion. You did right by having a smaller portion. I had a blow out as well last night but it was the first in a week or more. I had two beers and dessert - my real sacrifice was not eating easter eggs!
I know what you mean though - I can definitely do better as well. Exercise is definitely my downfall though. If I did more (any!) I would probably lose weight easier. And it might also help if I start toning exercises - I didnt realise I was so big, I have sagging skin now :(