End of week 4 was 5.6kg, I just finished the first packet yesterday as I have skipped a number of days and am down 6kg. I wasn't super strict on my diet to be honest and but I exercise about 5 hours a week.

The app is nettlo. Its interesting as where I measure my waist is clearly different to where the app takes the measurement from it also has a low waist measurement. I would take a few goes to to do the first scan making sure measurements are consistent. I stuffed up my ankle on the first scan so apparently it halfed in width:) I lost 4-5 cms from waist, low waist, under bust, and thighs and 2 off my bust (but my first scan i did wearing a crop top and the second a proper bra).

Thanks for that, i’ll Check it out when I get a chance I’m actually feeling really discouraged today as I gained 100g yesterday and another 300g today yet I have still been eating right. I know there will be weight fluctuations especially with weighing myself every day but this is the first time I have had 2 days in a row with a gain. Hoping I will see a loss tomorrow even if it is only a little bit.

Yeah its hard weighing everyday, your logical brain knows there's ups and down but when you see up its are not to get discouraged. I ignored yesterdays weight as I did a 10km run on Sunday instead of a 5km run on Saturday so I figured I'd be retaining water. I thought I'd see a good drop today because my food has been on point for the last 5 days but nope same as yesterday. I've been trying harder too as I have a ball coming up and I really want to wear this dress that currently just fits and I would like to be comfortable on the night not stressed about the dress.

I’m trying to ignore it too because asides from starving myself the only thing I can really do to try and up my losses would be to overly increase exercising which I know won’t be sustainable so as soon as that decreased again I’d be in the same position I am now. It’s hard having young kids and trying to fit in a heap of exercise. If I go for walks or runs or anything they have to come with me which obviously reduces the speed I can go at plus the distance. There’s only one gym in my town with childcare and it’s pretty exspensive for membership there also they only offer the childcare for a 2hr period in the morning which cuts into getting my eldest off to school. So basically I’ve been using those interval workout videos on YouTube as my main source of exercise. My weight loss is definitely going to be centred more around eating healthy smaller meals then exercise which then has me worried about if I ever treat myself to anything, like currently I am eating right and gaining so if I have a bad day I’m wondering if I will pack a heap of weight back on.

I find it very frustrating too that my partner drinks multiple v drinks a day plus eats nothing but crap food and still looses weight. He thinks it’s hilarious too which adds to the frustration and he gives me so much crap when I weigh my food whilst cooking or turn down shit food when he offers it to me and constantly makes a point to remind me how easy it is for him to loose weight.

Sorry I went on a little bit of a rant there .. it’s just been one of those days. I hope you succeed with fitting into your dress comfortably by the time the ball comes. You’re definitely putting in the work for it.

EA879C45-665B-4936-A67A-C49026F4EBA6.jpeg
Don’t be alarmed by small gains or no losses when you weigh yourself daily. I weigh myself daily because I like to see how my body reacts differently each and every day. By week 4 I was finding I would have small 100g gains or flat line for 4-5 days and then at day 6-7 I’d drop 700g+ They call it the “whoosh”. It’s still happening to me at week 7.

It’s just one of the joys of being a woman. :rolleyes:

Reactions: April
I hope that’s just the case and I have that fat whoosh. I have had 100g gains on the occasional days since I started it’s that it went up to 300g the day after I already had a 100g gain that bothers me. It’s nearly half a kg back on in 2 days. I had been eating pretty basic meals for dinner up until last night when I cooked some chicken with that chicken tonight sauce but I weighed it all and divided it into the correct portion sizes and worked everything out so I thought that it would be okay but now I’m thinking if the gains aren’t due to what you suggested it might be because of the change. I also ate a bit later last night. Not sure if that really makes a difference or not. I also have my period but I’ve had that since Friday and I didn’t start having any gains since that started until yesterday.

The chicken tonight sauce might have a lot more sodium than your usual meals and that would cause water retention.

Back to feeling very discouraged today with a 600g gain despite yesterday being the most active I have been in a long time. This actually puts me up 100g for the week with only 2 more days until my final weekly weigh in.

If you were more active than usual than its likely that you are retaining water. On Sunday I did a 10km run which is twice my normal run distance, despite still being controlled about food on Monday I was up 1.2kgs from Saturdays weight. I didn't bother recording that weight because it I knew it would be water retention and sure enough its dropped back down and now I am showing a loss of 1.1kg since Saturday. Drink lots of water and stick to your meal plan and you'll probably find that you'll drop it again tomorrow.

Thanks Plucky, I hope this is the case. It’s very disheartening to see the scales going up when I’ve been so good, especially when my weight is still so high. I was extremely concerned because it was a 600g gain in 1 day but after reading what you said about your experience I am a bit more hopeful for tomorrow.

This may seem dumb but if it’s water retention wouldn’t drinking lots more water make it worse?

Drinking more water signals to your body it can get go of the water its hoarding because there's not a drought and it will still get enough water to perform body functions and in particular after more/different exercise than whats its used to for repairs/replenishment.

After my 10km run I weighed myself out of interest and I had lost a kg from my prerun weight. I was clearly dehydrated (its really hot where I live). So I can totally understand my body holding water for repairs and in case I decided I randomly wanted to do another 10km run.

Reactions: April
End of week 3 weight - 91.6kg
*400g loss
*5.8kg Total loss to date

Pretty disappointed with my loss this week as I have been so much more active then the previous weeks but I am still happy that I ended up with a loss after it jumping up and down all week. Hoping to see better results next week.

Updated Measurements - Week 3 - 07/05/18

Bust - 106cm
- No loss or gain since last week (3mm Total loss)
Chest - 93cm
- 2mm gain since last week (4.3cm total loss)
Hips - 112cm
- 1.6cm loss since last week (3.3cm Total loss)
Waist - 95.8cm
- 8mm loss since last week (2.6cm Total loss)
Bicep - 37.5cm
- 3mm gain since last week (5mm Total gain)
Forearm - 29.5cm
- 1cm loss since last week (7mm Total loss)
Calf - 42cm
- 3cm loss since last week (1cm Total gain)
Thigh - 71cm
- 1cm loss since last week (8mm Total loss)
Midsection - 111.7cm
- 1cm gain since last week (5.6cm Total loss)

Still not sure how good I am at measuring myself. Since I only lost 400g this past week I feel like my measurements may be off. My clothes Still feel about the same, except my sports bra, that does feel a bit looser around the bottom of my chest/top of waist. I’m hoping the gain on my midsection this week is due to bloat as I had a coffee and some water before I got around to measuring myself this morning.

Does anyone know what the average loss of measurements should be around per week so I know whether I am on the right track or way off?

Updated Measurements - Week 4

Bust - 104.5cm
- No change since last week (3mm Total loss)
Chest - 93cm
- No change since last week (4.3cm Total loss)
Hips - 111.7cm
- 3mm loss since last week (3.6cm Total loss)
Waist - 95.1cm
- 7mm loss since last week (3.3cm Total loss)
Bicep - 37cm
- 5mm loss since last week (0cm Total loss)
Forearm - 29.5cm
- No change since last week (7mm Total loss)
Calf - 40.7cm
- 1.3cm loss since last week (1.2cm Total loss)
Thigh - 69.4cm
- 1.6cm loss since last week (2.4cm Total loss)
Midsection- 110.7cm
- 1cm loss since last week (6.6cm Total loss)

Forgot to post my measurements yesterday but here they are. I am starting to notice a difference when I look in the mirror, it’s not a huge difference but I just appear to be not quite as wide and my waist seems a little more defined. I am yet to take my 1 month progress photos but I am curious to see how much of a change there is when I look at them side by side. Not sure if I will post them or not, I think I may have taken my first pic in my underwear =\. I think I have lost some muscle mass this week too since I didn’t workout much.

I actually think you are doing really, really well!

A 7.3kg loss is a pretty great number for four weeks :) and your measurements are awesome too!

I really liked the information that Sherlock_76 posted about the "Fat Whoosh" it actually makes perfect sense, and reading through your journal entries I think it is entirely likely that this is happening.

Just remember to be kind to yourself, and to appreciate the journey rather than trying to get to the finish line the fastest :).

Great progress!!! And (I am a fan of before and after and progress photos), if you decide to post them, we will surely support you. The best thing about this forum is that no one knows who you are... and you can put the black boxes in all the places. Either way, I am happy that you started noticing the difference. It means, that everything is going in the correct direction. =)) Congrats! get well soon!

Hello

Tomorrow I will be starting my weight removal journey with Duromine.

I am hoping that this page will help me to be accountable but will give me help, inspiration and a cheer squad along the way.

My journey is complex (whose isn't?!). I've been clinically severely depressed for two years. I gave birth to my first baby via an emergency c-section 5 months ago and have been diagnosed with severe post natal depression and anxiety. I have gained over 30kg in the past 2 years and I am determined to get rid of it.

My stats are as follows:

Height: 5 Feet 7 Inches (170cm)
Current weight: 83.3kg
Goal weight: 70kg
Duromine: 40mg

week one 21/05/2018 - 83.3kg
week two 28/05/2018 - 82kg (1.3kg loss)

I have a wedding to attend in August and my mission is to have reached my goal weight. In essence, I have 13 weeks to eliminate 13kg from my body which I think is a realistic goal.

My bigger goal is to kick the depression through exercise. I'm sick to death of being fat and depressed.

I'm open to advice and I work best with positive reinforcement and encouragement.... and kind words always help... So here we go!

Last edited:
Reactions: CUTIE_PETUTIE