CUTIE_PETUTIE said:
How tall are you

Good point! I forgot to put that in :(

I'm 5'7 so 170cm I think. I've added that :)

Well I don't really have any advice I'm only on day 10.
Sw68. 5
Cw63.6
162cm
Clean eating and the gym I have increasedy calories by Pluckys advice so I hope someone can you out too

Reactions: Determined2try
CUTIE_PETUTIE said:
Well I don't really have any advice I'm only on day 10.
Sw68. 5
Cw63.6
162cm
Clean eating and the gym I have increasedy calories by Pluckys advice so I hope someone can you out too
5kg in 10 days! Wow that's pretty amazing! What's your diet and exercise like?

Determined2try said:
5kg in 10 days! Wow that's pretty amazing! What's your diet and exercise like?
I've completely on bread rice and pasta. Breakfast a protein shake, I have a protein and a salad for lunch and mostly soup for supper. And then snack on raw carrots and like....
2.4 kms of walking and 40min weight training. Everyday I do a different muscle group.

CUTIE_PETUTIE said:
I've completely on bread rice and pasta. Breakfast a protein shake, I have a protein and a salad for lunch and mostly soup for supper. And then snack on raw carrots and like....
2.4 kms of walking and 40min weight training. Everyday I do a different muscle group.

Thank you for sharing :)

CUTIE_PETUTIE said:
Good luck and stay motivated...... But if you can't let me know. I'll give you some of mine

Awww thank you so much! I'm trying to get myself motivated. It's hard. My baby doesn't sleep much, so I get only 2 or 3 hours a night. And I'm a single mum so no breaks. But I'm definitely going to try. I've lost about 10kg since giving birth but still want to get rid of another 15kg.

Determined2try said:
Awww thank you so much! I'm trying to get myself motivated. It's hard. My baby doesn't sleep much, so I get only 2 or 3 hours a night. And I'm a single mum so no breaks. But I'm definitely going to try. I've lost about 10kg since giving birth but still want to get rid of another 15kg.
I'm sorry. Well props to you with trying some self care. I can only imagine what you're going through. Why doesnt baby sleep tho and how old is he/she

CUTIE_PETUTIE said:
I'm sorry. Well props to you with trying some self care. I can only imagine what you're going through. Why doesnt baby sleep tho and how old is he/she

My baby girl is now 5 months olds. She was born via an emergency c-section after a 32 hour labour. She was also 3.5 weeks premature. Apparently all this messed up her ability to adjust to life outside and its taken her longer than other babies, but we're getting there slowly.

Update

So I was planning to start Duromine today. My doctor just gave me a call and said to hold off - apparently she forgot to check my BP yesterday. I don't know if I should be worried....
So waiting to get an appointment to go back in.

Determined2try said:
My baby girl is now 5 months olds. She was born via an emergency c-section after a 32 hour labour. She was also 3.5 weeks premature. Apparently all this messed up her ability to adjust to life outside and its taken her longer than other babies, but we're getting there slowly.
My first child was 5 weeks early and prob as a result of not being quite ready for the outside was also lactose intolerant. We spent a couple of weeks in hospital, after the first month where she pretty much just slept, she wouldnt sleep longer than 45mins during the day which would just result in an angry baby, when she was awake she had to have 100% of your attention. She threw up all the time so was forever hungry (which didnt work well with breastfeeding as the first milk they take is high in lactose so hurt her tummy which led to her think she was hungry). However at 6 months in the space of a few weeks it all just changed for the better. I went back to work so she went to lactose free formula which helped the tummy issues more than the drops prior to breastfeeding, she learnt to sit up and the reflux/throwing up stopped. She went to daycare and the combination of more stimulation and less tummy issues meant she finally started sleeping through the night. Her need for attention/stimulation never changed though;)

Anyway the point of the long post of all that is at the time it feels really long and the sleep deprivation makes it seem even longer. I have memories of sitting in my backyard crying because she wouldn't stop crying and I just had to get away from the screaming. If you can grab a nap when she does. On the plus side she is your first so you dont have others to care for at the same time. I have a husband but I was really ill when I had our 2nd child (although he was a great sleeper) and then our third the worst sleeper. I'd never experienced an entire night of being up with a baby until him, while I was up frequently with my first child she always went back to sleep quickly. Some nights it would take 2-3 hours to get him back to sleep and then he'd be up again in 1-2hours, some nights there was never a down time. I'd never been able to sleep sitting up or with a baby in my bed before but I got to the point where I'd pass out from exhaustion.

Hopefully your daughters turning point is just around the corner. I look back at the 2 weeks my daughter spent in hospital when she was born and everything we went through there and now its just a blip in the past. Even the first 6 months felt like forever and that she would never sleep through the night or stop throwing up all the time. Now it doesnt feel like it was ever that bad. Cant say I can quite look back on my youngest's sleep issues like that yet.

Determined2try said:
That must be so tough on you. Anyone close by that can lend a hand.

Determined2try said:
Update

So I was planning to start Duromine today. My doctor just gave me a call and said to hold off - apparently she forgot to check my BP yesterday. I don't know if I should be worried....
So waiting to get an appointment to go back in.

Don't be worried, you just have yourself a thorough Doctor :)

Duromine can cause your blood pressure to rise, and of course it is something that should be monitored.

Mr Doctor checked mine before starting and I have to go back in a month for her to check it again :)

Welcome to the forum! You already have a great team of supporters here =) I am sure your doc will say that everything’s ok. The main thing is not to worry. The sleeping issue… thank god that we forget the hard times. Looking back at my kids’ sleeping in the first 6 months… I, just like Plucky, have no idea how I survived… I am sorry that you are going through this, but, yes, you should take a nap with the baby during the day, as well. You need the sleep to lose weight. And the 40mg Duromine is soooo capable of causing insomnia. Try to rest when you can, otherwise you’ll have no forces to exercise. Wish you all the luck and a great weekend!

Today marks the end of Week 5 and also my 25th Birthday. I feel like the scales gave me a present this morning with another 1.5kg loss :laughing:

End of week 5 weight - 88.6kg
*1.5kg loss
*8.8kg total loss to date

Goodbye 90’s, Hello 80’s :)

Firstly - Happy birthday gorgeous! I wish you a day filled with love, laughter and happiness, and I hope you are spoilt rotten!!

Your weightloss is amazing! 8.8kg in 5 weeks is bloody inspiring! I know how much work you are putting in and the struggles you have gone through (blog). I am absolutely thrilled for you :)

Last edited:
Plucky said:
My first child was 5 weeks early and prob as a result of not being quite ready for the outside was also lactose intolerant. We spent a couple of weeks in hospital, after the first month where she pretty much just slept, she wouldnt sleep longer than 45mins during the day which would just result in an angry baby, when she was awake she had to have 100% of your attention. She threw up all the time so was forever hungry (which didnt work well with breastfeeding as the first milk they take is high in lactose so hurt her tummy which led to her think she was hungry). However at 6 months in the space of a few weeks it all just changed for the better. I went back to work so she went to lactose free formula which helped the tummy issues more than the drops prior to breastfeeding, she learnt to sit up and the reflux/throwing up stopped. She went to daycare and the combination of more stimulation and less tummy issues meant she finally started sleeping through the night. Her need for attention/stimulation never changed though;)

Anyway the point of the long post of all that is at the time it feels really long and the sleep deprivation makes it seem even longer. I have memories of sitting in my backyard crying because she wouldn't stop crying and I just had to get away from the screaming. If you can grab a nap when she does. On the plus side she is your first so you dont have others to care for at the same time. I have a husband but I was really ill when I had our 2nd child (although he was a great sleeper) and then our third the worst sleeper. I'd never experienced an entire night of being up with a baby until him, while I was up frequently with my first child she always went back to sleep quickly. Some nights it would take 2-3 hours to get him back to sleep and then he'd be up again in 1-2hours, some nights there was never a down time. I'd never been able to sleep sitting up or with a baby in my bed before but I got to the point where I'd pass out from exhaustion.

Hopefully your daughters turning point is just around the corner. I look back at the 2 weeks my daughter spent in hospital when she was born and everything we went through there and now its just a blip in the past. Even the first 6 months felt like forever and that she would never sleep through the night or stop throwing up all the time. Now it doesnt feel like it was ever that bad. Cant say I can quite look back on my youngest's sleep issues like that yet.

My God! It's like you've written down my story! The baby crying, the sleep deprivation, me crying in despair. We are slowly getting better at learning each other. I not a napper so I've given up on that so we try other things. Fingers crossed for things to get better for me emotionally now. I think that will help immensely.