Good luck with your weigh-in . You'll do well xx

2.2 Kgs! I cant tell if that's good in comparison to everyone else! haha

Reactions: Vix
That's fantastic!!
Don't compare lovely I find some people that have a lot more weight to lose lose it faster the first week or two.
That's a great effort!! Keep up the good work xxxx

Reactions: Deanna78
I just started yesterday and would be over the moon if I could lose 2kg in a week:p:p so well done. Hold thumbs for me. I am a lazy one so not keen on any exercise yet. But will cut down on foods. No appetite today. Maybe I will get to exercise later on:laughing:

Exercise is one of those love it or loarhe it things.. I am on my feet majority of every workday so I do get quite a bit of movement into my days.. and I have always eaten really well at work - have never had soft drink or chocolate etc during work hours - coffee yes - but I have worked at stopping that too now.. its my down time at home that has been my issue.. My partner has always crunched and munched at night and I was sharing a little with him.. Its those 'share a little' at night and weekends that does 'a lot' of damage to a womans figure over time..

I definately hear you re: exercise.. I also believe that when someone feels less heavy.. its easier to exercise or at least to want to bounce around.. I was super slim a lifetime ago... and i remember the freedom I felt with that.. how energetic i felt and how effortless it was to take part in energetic activities.. I am hoping my duromine journey helps me to revive some of that hidden energy again.. and to unlock the freedom I once felt - wearing a slim figure.. This chubbo one is such a drag.. in sooooo many ways!! Good luck with your journey!!

Reactions: Madaselle
Thanks for the support guys!
Deanna, I'm at a desk all day so it was really important to be to incorporate that active element into my journey. To the point where I feel like a zombie i'm so tired LOL. I hear you about the snacking - I've also recently quit smoking (yeah - im going the whole healthy hog!) and I took up knitting of all things to help me combat the cravings. I find it works for snacking too! I'll have a glass of water and knit a few rows and the snack craving is gone!

Hi there,

Can you put me in the right direction in where I can get them without a prescription. I'm in Australia

Madaselle said:
So its been 7 days on Duromine - I've been busting my gut at the gym and my diet is COMPLETELY different from this time last week. No Sugar, no fatty foods, fruit and veg most of the time.....

It's been hard, like really hard.

It's strange, but I'm really nervous.
I tell myself that i'd be happy with even a 1kg loss, but i'm totally kidding myself.
I reckon i'd need at least 2.5kgs to know its ACTUALLY lost weight and not fluctuations.

Im not sure why I'm posting this. I just figured you'd all get it.

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you might share your "starting out" stories with me. How you stayed motivated and also sane during the beginning when you missed your delicious bad foods, you were (so unbelievably) tired all the time from working out twice a day and you realised that half the conversations you had were about food and weight loss.

I started Duromine a week ago and my doctor booked me an appointment for 7 days to weigh in. It was like a switch clicked somewhere and all I did was work out and eat healthy- as hard as it was, I was so focused on that weigh in, only pushing through to see what these pills and I could achieve by that doctors appointment.
I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT BEYOND THAT.

Now, its like... Omg Im not doing this for a week, this is my life. The boring food, the soreness and fatigue. It's what I get to look forward too for the next 29 Kgs.
It's made me really sad. It's weird. I feel so flat.

Is it normal to feel so emotional around this time? Not premenstrual....

Hang in there, as soon as you start seeing results and the endorphin's kick in, you are sure to have a change of heart.

Hey there Madaselle, knitting..?! sounds like some quiet, yet concentrated downtime! I'm not sure I have the patience for anything quite as demure as that.. I have decided that my journey will take me some time.. I knew this would not be a miracle fix, but rather a short-term buddy... however.. I didn't really expect my results to be so ssssslllloooooooooowwwww...
I would love to try ballroom dancing - but it is super expensive and I don't have anyone to dance with... I am losing weight each week, so I guess patience is the key... it's easy to give in when results aren't seen either in the mirror or one the scales... I know I am in danger of that

Deanna, if my results were any slower, I'd be gaining weight. - To the point where I wonder if the Tablets are even working considering the exercise and dieting I'm doing.

Hi Madaselle, its probable that you are converting fat to muscle, having exercised so much.. thats a good thing.. it will boost yoir metabolism naturally then as muscle burns more energy than fat... I am active at work.. buzzing around all day long.. I just don't see good results. I think a whole new outlook would help in my case....

Madaselle said:
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you might share your "starting out" stories with me. How you stayed motivated and also sane during the beginning when you missed your delicious bad foods, you were (so unbelievably) tired all the time from working out twice a day and you realised that half the conversations you had were about food and weight loss.

I started Duromine a week ago and my doctor booked me an appointment for 7 days to weigh in. It was like a switch clicked somewhere and all I did was work out and eat healthy- as hard as it was, I was so focused on that weigh in, only pushing through to see what these pills and I could achieve by that doctors appointment.
I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT BEYOND THAT.

Now, its like... Omg Im not doing this for a week, this is my life. The boring food, the soreness and fatigue. It's what I get to look forward too for the next 29 Kgs.
It's made me really sad. It's weird. I feel so flat.

Is it normal to feel so emotional around this time? Not premenstrual....

I'm really sad for you have been thinking like this.. I'm still enjoying yummy food, (or plan to be) just in moderation. A night out with friends is still planned, and I will enjoy whatever I have, but I don't think I have to eat excessively to enjoy my life..

Madaselle said:
Im so glad you posted! I have been starving too!!!!
Hey ive only just seen this reply! sorry!..
yeah i went back to my doctors and shes like i've NEVER known anyone to be hungry on these tablets.. but then my girlfriend started and she had the same thing... i put it down to my metabolism speeding up, and my food intake not being enough to cater for it..
the hunger now, after 2 months has susbided, but so has the large numbers.. only down 7.5kgs in total after 2 months..
which is fine.. but after reading so many posts of women losing 5kgs a week i was hoping to drop 15kgs min. in the 3 months.. that's not going to happen, but ive come to terms with it.. so just going to try and make the most of my last month now im on the 40, and try and get below 80. that will be its only little achievement in itself..

how have you been going? still on them? you on them the same amoujnt of time as me? nearing your third month?

Hey @Usedtobe_sportychick
It's been about 6-7 weeks with slow weight loss. I've dropped about 7 kgs in that time (down to 95kg now), which like you was less than I was expecting considering the exercise and diet changes. My dietitian told me that loosing it slower is probably more encouraging toward maintaining the weight loss long term as it its suggesting that we probably weren't over eating in the first place, therefore the Duromine is more of a tool to identify the difference between hunger and boredom rather than necessary for any weight loss. The hunger has subsided for me too, but im forcing myself to eat at regular intervals.
Im hoping to get at least another 7kg down.

Hey,

I think the key is: Never Give Up

Sure, everybody has a 'whoops day'... But that cheat meal u have is not going suddenlyy gain u 5kgs.

Remember, to celebrate your progress so far, with a new bag, or shoes or clothes.

Also, your exercise rountine is way too tough, it's great u've last so long, but such tough rountine, ie twice a day, perhaps u can see this as a short term exercise rountine to jump start ur journey.... How about on the days u are not motivated (or from now), cut down to once a day, 1 hour per day, several times a week. Boy u are doing more than i've ever done with exercise.

Dont be too hard on yourself, as this is a journey...remember to celebrate ur hard work.... Ie wow, u did 30min of exercise today rather than none?!! Pat urself on the back!!

U also still want ur social life. My social life hasnt change, i just 1) save calories from early on the day, or 2) eat half of what i 'normally' eat (my stomach strung anyhow, so cant fit more in) 3) make healthier choice from the menu.

Keep up with the FANTASTIC work!!!!!

Hi All

Firstly how amazing is this forum! Last week I was so nervous but excited to start that it really helped me not over think too much about the dangers (possible side effect issues).

A little information about me first:
82kgs
Female
Past month have been averagely active - minimum of 3 days of average treadmill (30mins) workout & massive change to diet - healthy foods mon-fri , weekends sometimes a little bad.
Would drink 2 - 3 x 600ml bottles a day.
Goal weight - 68kgs
Very motivated and already had gotten myself to a good healthy head space but the weight was not budging.

I started the first pill on Sunday just gone - so I am 4 days in.
1st day felt amazing - had that buzz all day and when I went for a workout it lasted 50 mins and was very intense (heart rate steady at 165 min and max 185), maximum improvement to my workouts. During the day i didnt feel hungry but still ate small healthy meals - did not sleep more than 4 hours that night (usually would sleep for 8 hours at least) - was very happy and excited for the rest too come.

Day 2/3/4
Abit worried as my sleeping is back to normal already (only one day of the sleepless night), I still do not feel that hungry and I am drinking over 3 litres of water a day with a 45min intense workout and at night feeling pretty tired.
My concern is its been 4 days and I think I have lost 1 kilo (which i know is good, but wish it was like others loosing 5kilos in a week) and although I love to sleep, I am hoping it is still working?

I have the dry mouth side effect, i have more energy (when I am exercising) and do not feel as hungry/get fuller quicker but I was prepared to not sleep for a few days haha.

I just want to get the maximum benefit from these - I know I shouldnt over think it.

I was curious if maybe it is working but since I have changed my work out quite drastically that maybe my body physically is exhausted from exercise as that is why it is causing me to feel tired at night times again?

Has this happened to anyone else who has still lost weight at the end of the 3-4 weeks?

Thanks!

You will notice allot of people who are bigger lose the weight faster so remember this is your own journey and every ones body can be different so I would try not stress over how much others have lost.

Best advice I can give is do not over worry , start a food diary at My fitness pal , cut out any Added sugars , up your protein , cut out the junk and work out how many calories you are meant to have at your current weight/height to lose 500g per week you need to drop 500 calories per day or burn 500 calories aka 3500 calories per week.

You could also be gaining muscle so rather than using a scale use a measuring tape, its a better way to find out if your losing the weight than the scale , and how are your clothing fitting.

best of luck remember the duromine is just a pill its not magical the hard work comes from you !

Reactions: Kate
Little side history

Been big since I was the age of 3 , send to a clinic at the hospital since the age of 5 for obesity in children but still the weight went on , in 1998 I suffered a near fatal asthma attack ended up in critical care unit for 3 months and was weighed and I was 169kgs , the doctors were concerned so sent me to have lapbanding. In 2000 I underwent lapbanding I was 138kgs , in the first year I lost 15kgs the doctor was not to impressed I also found it hard to eat so had no fill in my band. In 2004 I worked hard to get down to 125kgs to fit in my wedding dress though I was still big I felt beautiful for that day, within a couple months I found out I was pregnant but at 16 weeks I suffered a miscarriage, in 2005 I suffered another miscarriage , my weight now was down to 130kgs.

Met a doctor who looked into my weight history , he did blood tests and noticed on my pregnancy scans that I had allot of cysts on my ovaries , was diagnosed with PCOS and given 2x metaformin per day and a Low Gi diet.

I did the low gi diet and walked 45 mins a day and got down to 115kgs and pregnant again ! had another asthma attack while pregnant another 2 months in critical care unit and gave birth to a little boy at 36 weeks 2 days before Christmas.My weight was now 97kgs and i had kept to a low gi diet and then found my self pregnant again 8 weeks after my son was born woops ! had a little boy again at 34 weeks he spent allot of time in neonates and eating went out the window..... once I really got my head set to lose the weight I went from 115kgs to 84kgs took me 8 months , I underwent a tummy tuck as the skin was to my knee's . I had another son a year later and then couple years after that a miscarriage then a daughter finally in 2013 again she was born at 35 weeks and in neonates and then this year I gave birth to my last child Jack who was born at 33 weeks on Australia day.

After having Jack this year my weight crept up to 123.680 kgs I will admit I was rather depressed having him so early and stressed and between traveling 4 hours to the hospital and back per day as well as pumping and getting enough sleep took its toll on my weight. Since August I have lost 7.58kgs by giving up wheat and sugar and eating a low carb ketogenic diet.

I still find eating solids not so easy with the lapband I now have 3 mil in and can eat certain foods so dont mind my food diary I eat smaller than the normal person.

So yes Mother of 6 working my way to being healthy!

My doctor was concerned as my blood results were not to good , he wants to up my metaformin to 3- 4 per day and try duromine 30mg for 2 months , as well as looking at the Blood sugar diet plan ( need to buy the book).

Starting weight - 116.1kgs 24/09/2016
height - 173cm

Will update every 3 days or so :) weigh in Day is Saturdays :)

Tip : Take Magnesium x2 at night to help with sleep / migraines and toilet issue's ( learnt that with low carb diet)

Day 1. Excited to see how I go !Took my tablet at 5.30 am as I read about not being able to sleep , went back to sleep until approx 8.30am , did not feel any different, could not stop yawning and I was craving all day , did have a dry mouth but drank allot of water it helped , fell asleep as normal , felt really calm ect.

Food - Breakfast shake used high protein milk to make it and ice cubes( Trying out Fatblaster Mocha ) strawberries / Lunch - Shake + almonds snack / peaches with no added sugar / Dinner was a pork with salad / no dessert.

Day 2. Took my tablet again at 5.30am , did not go back to sleep , felt rather cold today , had a small breakfast but had to force my self I just was not hungry , I then started cleaning and did not stop until 2.30 in the afternoon woops ! had a late lunch as I forgot to eat , mild headache in the arvo but had my parents coming for dinner , had to force my self to eat dinner again , now feeling rather tired been a long day ! I will admit I have felt cold all day maybe its all the water Im drinking !

Food - Breakfast - Shake / snack - strawberries / Lunch shake / dinner Pasta bake and half slice of garlic bread / half a orange cupcake. * not hungry today had to force my self to eat*

Day 3. Had a great sleep even after getting up 3 times to my son, took my tablet at 5.30am ( my body clock works wonders) I then went for a walk for 30 mins , had my breakfast shake . Slight dry mouth but nothing terrible drinking allot of water helps. feeling still rather cold , no other side effects.Going to take my 2 year old and bubba for a walk later and plan to do some washing general house work.
Went for that walk and bam it rained kids were dry , 1 stroller drenched 1 Mummy drenched I power walked 15 mins home ! LOL my legs really hurt. Weird metallic taste in my mouth I have a feeling its the metaformin it always seems to do that. Started reading The blood sugar diet book on my ipad , def going to start this soon I think it will work well with the duromine.

Day 4. Jack woke me at 5.15am ! so got up had my tablet and just got up , waited 2 hours for my shake and metaformin , hubby was working so had 3 kids home today , was not hungry at all I got through half my shake for breakfast , half for lunch and the smell of dinner cooking make me feel rather ill , I pretty much had some no added sugar peaches and had to force them down. Every thing tastes weird like sweet thats the word ! I have not had any added energy but then I usually have no energy so a little is good enough for now ! went to bed with a sore throat but slept fine as usual.

Food - Breakfast shake / Lunch Shake - banana added / dinner - chicken and corn soup homemade / snacks - water / almonds / strawberries maybe some peaches if still hungry. drinking water with lemon inbetween.

Day 5. Woke at 5.15am damn body clock ! took my tablet and this morning decided to have a small glass of my iced coffee as my throats still so sore :( think I am coming down with somthing. Got the kids off to school then went for a 30 min walk. Still not hungry and no real cravings and if I do it happens in the afternoon for me around 3ish.

So weather turned nasty come afternoon then power went out at 4am so I was running around calming my children and lighting candles. Had just enough bread to make sandwiches for every one else so I had a small custard..... sat in candle light just trying to keep my 5 quiet and unboard and thats not easy when its I'm bored every 10 mins. Went to bed early at 9, noticed electricity came back on at 11.30 that night......

Food - Iced coffee / Lunch shake - peaches / Dinner Small custard / snacks - water / almonds / strawberries / small snack sized snickers for a treat.

Day 6. Woke at 4am , very windy and house was rattling the storm is the biggest SA has seen in 50 years ! thank goodness for electricity ! took my tablet at 6 woops forgot ! had a shake that morning used my mini bullet to mix it came up perfect no lumps ! shopping was meant to come today but coles cancelled due to the weather , out of milk , bread formula headed to the shops to find them closed to went to foodland got just emergency foods so todays eating has been rather boring got stuck in the rain and wind walking home....... Not feeling well at all running a temp , runny nose , blocked nose , headache ect.... think getting stuck in the rain a few days ago gave me a cold :( storm lasted most the evening went to bed early. Not a great day I ended up scoffing maybe a little to much cake and maybe couple more snickers than I should blah :( still under the calories for the day but allot of carbs today :(

Food - Shake for breakfast / Lunch 1 turkey / lettuce / cranberry sandwich / Dinner toasted ham and cheese / 1 large slice of chocolate cake / couple of snickers

Day 7. Woke up at 7am woops had a really good sleep apart from my daughter waking every hour ! took my tablet and noticed how bloated I am this morning , def the full on carbs I consumed from yesterday . Still feeling not to well cold/flue/sinus. Going shopping today hopefully the shops will be open today ! Mum and Dad are taking me , The storm looks like its gone thank goodness just cloudy and wet. Going to take it easy and try rest up , nothing I can take except for my nasal spray so my asthma has not been happy. Tomorrow is weigh in day so it will be interesting to see how I have gone.

Food - Shake for breakfast / Lunch - bowl of soup / Dinner - not sure..... as yet.

Weigh in day - 113.0kg loss of 3.1kgs at the end of week 1 ! have to be happy with that.

Thoughts on week one , no real bad problems with the tablet I am craving less , not as hungry , I do have a dry mouth but that seems it. No huge energy spike , sleeping as normal but having the cold/flue here at the moment is not helping.

Looking forward to week 2.

Last edited:
Good luck you can do this xXxX