Determinedtolose10kg said:
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I will be starting my journey with Duromine. My goals are:
• lose 10kg
• establish good eating habits
• learn self control
• feel body confident

My eating habits are terrible. I try be healthy and put effort into preparing good meals, but if I don't prepare then I go and eat chocolate and other junk. I'm at the point where I'm sick of it and sick of feeling this way. I can't even show my body to my boyfriend and I feel so silly for it. He tries to make me feel sexy but if I don't believe it then I just feel embarrassed to have my top off in front of him.
Tomorrow I will post my stats and my experience on a day to day basis.
I have one question, does duromine only suppress appetite? Or does it help with weight loss too? Or is the appetite suppressant what helps people lose weight? Just curious because I hear so many mixed reviews.

Looking forward to trying duromine and hope it helps me reach my goals and fix my eating patterns :) anyone feel free to comment and share your success or failure stories with duromine.

Hi!

Your eating habits sound just like mine, and I too am so tired of feeling horrible about myself!

I took my first capsule this morning, and feel great so far, only slight dizziness. I really really hope this meds will help me as Im desperate to lose 10kg as well!

Good luck with your first day, let us know how it goes!

L :)

Reactions: addah78
I know exactly what you mean. I have the most loving hubby and he always told me I am "sexy" but you can only BS yourself for so long:p Eventually you realize you have to FEEL sexy, and that sometimes include losing some (or in my case a lot) of weight.
Being organized certainly helps, especially in the beginning. If I do not prepare and plan meals I still go for the unhealthy things.

Day 1 of duromine went well. I didn't feel hungry but did have the urge a tiny bit at the end of the day but I put that down to my body being used to having thousands of calories from junk then going to around 1000 calories of food and I was really busy yesterday so I'm planning to eat healthy foods with my fitness pal and try get to 1200 calories.
My mouth was a little dry so I drank lots of water and in the day my pupils were small and at night they were massive. Looked like I was on drugs lol (although I technically am but you know what I mean) lol.
I felt really alert and I'm always a hard worker but I was just extra helpful and wanted to clean and didn't seem to tire. I'm a nurse so wanted to clean all the patients' rooms lol.
At night I felt alert but did feel abit sleepy. I fell asleep from 10pm to 4am which isnt unusual for me. I usually sleep from 10-11 til 4:30-5:30 so it was good. I also noticed my pulse is really fast. Usually I'm about 60bpm and now it's about 110 but I know it works on your central nervous system so maybe that's why.
I also noticed I was really talkative lol. My poor boyfriend. Today is day 2 of duromine and I work 7am til 10pm so I think I'll definitely use the energy duromine gives me.
I hear a lot of people saying they can't get to sleep and i know duromine can cause insomnia but maybe if they use more energy in the day they'll be worn out and crash to sleep like I did last night. But I'll see how that theory goes on a day where I don't do much.
Excited to weigh myself next Monday

Hi all so I start my journey tomorrow I'm just wondering as my mum disapproves of taking duromine. Is it easy to hide? I'm only on 15 mg so I don't expect it to be that obvious. I have been working out with her 3 days a week.

No not hard as no outward signs other than you shrinking, but just be honest with her. It's ok to have different opinions than others especially mums. You've obviously spoken with her about it as you know she doesn't want you to take it. Mums are cluey and clever and insightful and she will know in time. Just be honest, it will be easier.

Thanks for the reply Meggs I appreciate it. It's a little more complicated than that but we'll see id rather be honest I truly would.

Exactly a month a go I started duromine and only did it for 3 days. Is stopped because of all the Uni work I had to do and I didn't want lack of sleep to interfere with my results and work.
So I have started again and on day 4!
I started at 67.5kg and am now 64.4kg!!
My weight of 67.5 was from a month ago when I started duromine. In between that month and when I started duromine again I was healthy and think I may have lost a kg but not a lot. So a loss of 3.1kg sounds good to me.
Trying to make sure I eat so my body doesn't go into starvation mode.
My boyfriend says I'm acting different but I think if he didn't know I was on duromine and couldn't see my pupils dilated he wouldn't say that. He doesn't like me on it because he thinks it's 'speed'. I've tried over and over to educate me but he doesn't listen but whatever! My body. And it's for my health and I'm working out and eating healthy everyday.
Feel free to share your daily meals with me :)
Think I'll wait until next week to weigh myself again

Hey I started 2 days ago. I've just been feeling drained and unmotivated.. Today I had dizzy spells even though I been eating. Can sleep easy I'm a bit blocked up with going to the toilet brought some Metamucil today so hopefully tomorrow it improves

Jaszie said:
Hey I started 2 days ago. I've just been feeling drained and unmotivated.. Today I had dizzy spells even though I been eating. Can sleep easy I'm a bit blocked up with going to the toilet brought some Metamucil today so hopefully tomorrow it improves
Welcome Jazzie.
Do not pay too much attention to other people's opinions regarding Duromine. It is your health, lifestyle and body you are trying to improve and has nothing to do with anyone else.
Some people do feel "drained", like a lack of energy when they start Duromine. Most get increased energy levels but it is different for everyone and not uncommon at all. Just give it a few days for your body to get used to the Duromine and it should improve.
If you feel unmotivated have a look at all the success stories on here. It always works for me;)

Hi All,

I am new to the group my name is Natalie. I need to lose about 20kg and have had no success with diet and exercise alone. Usually I can snap weight off, but I am going through a painful divorce and run my own business, so my hours are extreme.

I have my first box, ready to start in the morning. My dr is just starting me on 15mg and he said I could even do that every second day if I wanted too. I am extremely nervous. I know something needs to give with my weight as I am desperately unhappy, and the hours I work and the stress of divorce and legal battles, means I rely on sugar, carbs and caffeine to get me through long days.

So anyone that was as nervous as me as starting this, can you help, or tell me what you did to mentally prepare yourself? I do suffer mild anxiety, though I have not had a panic attack for years. I have got natural supplements to help with sleep at night time, as I only sleep about 4 hours a night atm with my life the way it is. I am really in two mind about starting, but I know I can't go on with the weight, and stress.

Please, I need your good stories. I should probably mention any type of medication makes me nervous as i generally react to antibiotics (allergic to most), so I guess this is heightened by the mixed reviews you read. It would be great to hear from someone who has started on a lower dose.

I weight 82kg and 165cms. I so look forward to some kind words and reassurance, ready to psych myself for a new start early tomorrow morning :)

I'm only on my second day of duromine, but this is he second time I have started. I would really suggest you need to have a positive mindset. Don't think about any of the side effects you've read about. Focus on the fact you are doing something positive to take care of your body, believe that this little pill will only cause good things, it will make you happier, and help you reach your goals.

Even if you have trouble sleeping, just think about the fact you are resting your body, do some deep breathing and focus on the positive.

If you stay positive, you will feel much better than if you dwell on the possible side effects

Hi, Natalie! :)
Welcome to our family. It is a great step towards some good changes in your life (sorry to hear about your difficult period of life :(), but I am sure you will find some new friends here with positive weight loss experience that will help you. I believe you can achieve your desired goal as you are moving in the right direction! If you feel down or demotivated, you can share your thoughts or ask questions, we will be ready to help you, dear.

Hugs, Kate:)

My Journey with Duromine:

Hi everyone

Starting Duromine for the first time in my life, I noticed that I was doing as much research as possible. I wanted to know if the side effects were normal, what time I should take the Duromine, how often should I weigh in and admittedly how much weight have other people lost while on the drug!!

I came across this forum, and have noticed that a lot of people have the same questions as me.

So I might just start my own thread about my personal experience with Duromine.

Please remember that Duromine works differently for each individual and your experience could be different.

Looking forward to your comments and advice on this thread

Hi there :)

Speaking from my own personal experience on Duromine 40mg... I can say that the earlier in the morning you take it the better. And some side effects I experienced were nausea if I forget to eat because obviously don't feel hungry, sleeplessness, dry mouth(drink plenty of water). Other than that they gave me heaps of energy. I also was advised by doctor to after jumping on scales to get start weight, don't go near them again for the first month... It's hard though, I weighed in every fortnight lol also take your measurements bust, hips, belly, thighs, arms etc. when you start and every month after that and you will see massive changes in them even if scales/weight don't change much!! My biggest advice I can give you is to learn dicipline when it comes to food and portion control.. I cut out all sugar and carbs for the first 3 months was really strict with what and how much I ate, steam veggies, fish, chicken and small steaks and salads, plenty of fruit and rice crackers as snacks. I don't know about you but I hate excercise lol so for me 1-2 days a week is enough for now! I do a 45min workout which includes 30mins(18klms) on excercise bike along with 15mins of light weights, punching bag, skipping or squats/lunges! Mix it up so not to get bored! I have been on Duromine since April 2015 with a start weight of 123kilos and now as of Nov 2015 I am 92.8kgs.... I've lost 30kgs in under 7months and am aiming to get down to 75kgs!! So I have a fair way to go still but I'm positive I can do it and if you are in the right mindset when you start you will achieve the results you are looking for I hope this helps you and good luck on your journey... Look forward to your results!!

Reactions: Ariesblonde
Just figured I would post in here and say HI!

I'm Jess 21 and Australian
I started Duromine on November 30th
Start Weight 116.7Kgs
Goal Weight 55.5 Kgs
Currently 111.4 Kgs (Day 8)

I get side effects like, Dry mouth, Bad taste and if I stand up quickly then a bit of a headache.

I still feel really tired though.

So that's me. Feel free to chat anytime :laughing:

Hi jess

Hope you have a great journey. Are you working out and eartng well.?

I have an underactive thyroid so I am always tired no matter how much rest I get.

I'm not doing any exercise and eating more then enough. I was tired before I started on Duromine, I get up about 6:30am, go to work and by the time I make it home at 5pm I'm completely ready for bed. I usually push it to about 10pm then bed, and on a Friday night once I've had dinner and I start to feel tired will go straight to bed even if it's 7pm, then usually sleep til 9 or 10am.

I totaly understand, whrn I was working full time I was a zombie

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? If you have an underactive thryoid it can make you extremely fatigued and also make you gain weight etc.

Also I think working out will help you a great deal in toning up and making sure you don't get lose skin if you lose weight. I am following the kayla itsines workout program. I am more than happy to email it to you if you like. I do all my workouts at home and it only takes 30 minutes but it will tone you up heaps.

Hi I'm Tee from SA, I'm happy to say I'm now in the 80's. My SW was 92kg, after by day 4 I was 89.9kg, so happy. I'll weight again on Saturday, I'll update you. I don't exercise as much as I should because it's still my first weak and the side effect are quite bad but I'm determined to continue. I'm sleeping better now, I think my body is getting used to the D.

Keep going ladies, we can do this.