Mike77 said:
Welcome Shaun

Goodluck to your journey.
This is my 2nd time taking duromine and I managed to keep off the weight after stopping for 2 weeks now.
Appetite came back and my supposed cheat day just turned into a cheat week.
Gained 1kg back on and looks like its time to pop back the pill.

Hope to hear more of your journey.

Goodluck buddy
Thanks Mike77
We are all in it to shred it, Keep it up buddy!! :):)
be good to hear updates! keep posting!

Shaun Riwhi said:
Thanks for the HUGE TIPS!! So Helpful!
on my third day today i know what you mean about making sure i have every meal even if im not hungry, its only day 3 and my hunger hasn't been vast, although I can eat and not feel full and keep eating so, im controlling my portions (hard when you go to inlaws for dinner haha) during the night i have had an apple and a orange and some nuts. im done a food shop today to get all my healthy goodies, fridge is packed!

im defiantly on this journey for some changes before my 30th, i want to lead a healthy lifestyle so taking this opportunity to change it.
im with you on the wine too! its been a week since ive had any, my goal is to give it up and only have it on occasion, im definatly the glass of red or more a night kinda person too haha!!

Researching has been my biggest think so far, making sure I can get all the advise and knowledge of doing this right, all my problems were intense dieting for a couple of weeks and stopping and gaining twice as more than I lost. I almost felt I could never win as battling hunger pains and cravings, some of my buddies say to harden up or stop being soft (typical male) LOL.. just didn't have the will power to overcome food around me or gave in due to cravings.

Comparing myself to others, ive seen so many people loose a heap of weight in a short amount of time, when I first was reading into duromine I was like... amazing, wow look how much I can loose in 2 weeks, but have read on and realise we are all different and to be realistic to myself and take it in my stride.

Updating weekly this will be a challenge to begin with haha I weight myself this afternoon and am down 2 kilos! Jump for joy! :)

Thanks for the great help "IWantToBeHappy" this forum is lucky to have ppl like yourself to give great advise, big motivator.

Shaun.:):laughing:o_O:p
What a lovely thing to say :) thank you. It's funny how complete strangers can sometimes be the most help and the biggest motivators because they too understand what we are struggling with sometimes more than those who are closest to us.
I think you have a very realistic and healthy mind set and these two characteristic will help you acheive what you set out to ;). I look forward to following your Duromine journey :laughing:

Reactions: Shaun Riwhi
Hi Everyone,

Starting my weightloss tomorrow, kinda know what to expect took Duromine before for one month last year never saw any results.
Before I started I did a lot of research but I never expreienced the great results everyone was talking about.

One year later and I have put on a bit of weight. Just need to lose about 10kgs according to my doc for health reasons. So I hope this time will be different

Thank you to everyone for all the inspirational stories
Can't wait

Welcome! Good luck this time!
If you want to know more, just check out "Duromine Questions and Answeres" - FAQ.
Or ask any questions here. I have used Duromine and have my own experience. My first advice to make this journey better and more productive is to change your thinking about weight loss. Do not think of it as of medication, think it is a necessary change for a new better you. And do not push yourself too hard. ;)

G
Kate said:
Welcome! Good luck this time!
If you want to know more, just check out "Duromine Questions and Answeres" - FAQ.
Or ask any questions here. I have used Duromine and have my own experience. My first advice to make this journey better and more productive is to change your thinking about weight loss. Do not think of it as of medication, think it is a necessary change for a new better you. And do not push yourself too hard. ;)

Good Morning :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate this forum and the support as my last time I felt like I was doing it alone.
Now it is gives me more motivation hearing everyones experiences and knowing I'm not in this alone.
I started today! So excited! I took some advice on the forum and woke up to take it at 4:30am :) fingers crossed I can keep it up

I just wanted to know if it is ok to drink coffee while taking Duromine?
I am like a coffee addict but have restrained myself to drinking a cup in the morning. I have Nescafe instant not filtered, no milk no sugar. I drink Rooibos or green tea during the day. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right

Farren said:
G

Good Morning :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate this forum and the support as my last time I felt like I was doing it alone.
Now it is gives me more motivation hearing everyones experiences and knowing I'm not in this alone.
I started today! So excited! I took some advice on the forum and woke up to take it at 4:30am :) fingers crossed I can keep it up

I just wanted to know if it is ok to drink coffee while taking Duromine?
I am like a coffee addict but have restrained myself to drinking a cup in the morning. I have Nescafe instant not filtered, no milk no sugar. I drink Rooibos or green tea during the day. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right
I drink 2-4 skinny lattes a day (strong ones) and haven't had any problems (ive been on duromine 3 & 1/2 months). I have cut out other stimulants though (softdrink and alcohol) and have had absolutely no soft drink and have only had 5 wines this whole duromine journey.

Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. Everyone reacts differently.

Good luck on this amazing weightloss journey you're starting :)

Xx

Reactions: Fifty3notout
IWantToBeHappy said:
I drink 2-4 skinny lattes a day (strong ones) and haven't had any problems (ive been on duromine 3 & 1/2 months). I have cut out other stimulants though (softdrink and alcohol) and have had absolutely no soft drink and have only had 5 wines this whole duromine journey.

Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. Everyone reacts differently.

Good luck on this amazing weightloss journey you're starting :)

Xx

Thank you for sharing your advice and congrads on your weightloss!
So glad I can drink coffee :) but I have to work on my softdrink intake because my husband loves coke so its always in the house lol I don't drink or smoke so that's easier for me.
Today was my first day and I had a slight headache nothing too major although I had the dry mouth side effect bad. I must have drank about 2 ltrs of water before 10am lol. Other than that it was a good start :)

Good on you Farren! I drink 1 decaf coffee if I can get it or a skinny latte, and then only water for the rest of the day, if I feel I need something, I'll go for a green tea. I have no sugary drinks and haven't had any alcohol since I began taking Duromine. I experienced the dry mouth, and from time to time I still get it, but I keep some sugarfree gum handy. I try and limit my water intake after 3.00pm so try and drink as much water as I can before 3.00pm, then have a glass of water with dinner, otherwise I'm up 4-6 times a night... Good Luck!

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy
Hi everyone, I'm new to the page. So thought to introduce myself...

I have always struggled to keep in shape and have been on diets since I was 13 years old. I come from a family where my mom and both sisters are tiny and I was not so I always felt I needed to diet to loose weight so I could fit in.

When I was 20 I fell pregnant. I enjoyed the pregnancy and ate LITERALLY for two. (Biggest mistake ever). I picked up 20kgs in my pregnancy and 10kgs since my son was born (3 years ago).

My fiance and I started talking about a wedding and that's when my mom pointed out my weight. I always knew I had picked up weight but ignored the facts. Then when my mom pointed it out to me it made me stop dead in my tracks and it hit me like a bus. Then for the first time in years I actually looked at my body and I realised the damage I had done.

Sadly I realised another thing... I had a undeniable food addiction. I lived to eat.

I knew I had to do something and so I discovered Duromine and immediately went to get them.

But before I could start the journey I knew I had to weigh myself first. 107.6kgs. I stood staring blankly at the scale. I couldn't believe the number. Something had to be done.

This was 6 weeks ago... I have since lost 13kgs.

I am getting married in September and pray to meet my goal weight of 75kgs by then.

Crossing fingers!!

Very curious to know everyones experiences with Duromine...

Reactions: budgethefudge
Hi, Emtay! Welcome!

I hope you will manage to lose the amount of weight you want, but if not - still be proud of what you've achieved. Weight loss is a hard work, we all know that, but the fact you started to change - admires! Congratulations on your 13kg loss!! Fingers crossed XO

Reactions: Emtay
13kgs is really good congratulations!!! Stay positive and keep your mind on the goal and you can do it. But even if it's not 75kgs you reach you should still be proud of yourself for getting on track.

I'm on duromine 30mgs. I'm on day 21. No side effects at all so far. However it has been an up and down battle. The first days I was energic and no appetite. Then my appetite came back and no energy levels, even though I have a balanced diet. So it's been about will power for me. The tablets are there to motivate me really. I lost good weight the first two weeks ...now I feel like I'm fighting with the weight, it won't budge.
No matter what I change in my excerise and food regime. But it's ok I'm just fighting harder

Weight loss
Day 7: 3.5kgs
Day 14: 3 kgs
Day 20 (yesterday): 0kgs

Good luck

Reactions: Emtay
Ive
budgethefudge said:
13kgs is really good congratulations!!! Stay positive and keep your mind on the goal and you can do it. But even if it's not 75kgs you reach you should still be proud of yourself for getting on track.

I'm on duromine 30mgs. I'm on day 21. No side effects at all so far. However it has been an up and down battle. The first days I was energic and no appetite. Then my appetite came back and no energy levels, even though I have a balanced diet. So it's been about will power for me. The tablets are there to motivate me really. I lost good weight the first two weeks ...now I feel like I'm fighting with the weight, it won't budge.
No matter what I change in my excerise and food regime. But it's ok I'm just fighting harder

Weight loss
Day 7: 3.5kgs
Day 14: 3 kgs
Day 20 (yesterday): 0kgs

Good luck
I have also had a week where I lost nothing and felt so depressed but then I figured I would just work harder the next week... good luck!!

I've been on duromine before, a decade ago and was very successful. I lost about 15-20kg over a period of 6 months coupled with exercising x5 a week and eating well (foods cooked without oil, no treats etc)

I managed to keep the weight off for at least 6 years and a depressive episode is the reason the weight climbed back on. I'm really looking forward to my journey this time around. I'll be posting everyday - hopefully for the first 30 days.

Prescribed with 30gm metermine (the pharmacy sold out of the non-generic duromine). Will start tomorrow.

Measurements
Weight: 83kg
Height: 1.58m
Waist: 92cm

Anyone else at the start of the journey? :) I'd love to share notes.

Day 1: usual side effects -dry mouth, super focused, hard to keep still. a touch emotional but I'm not sure if it's because my period is due. drank lots of water - 2-3litres throughout the day.

I didn't weigh myself because I did that the day before starting.

Ate fruits and vegetables throughout the day and then rice with potato curry for dinner. Went to the gym and did interval running for 20mins.

Thoughts: I'm not thinking about food 100% of the time. That's such a relief.

Day 2: weighed myself in the am and the scales read "81.1kg" and I was about 82.7kg at the doctors. Possibly different digital scales, different time of day. Not really giving this much credit.

I forgot to add earlier that sleep wasn't great as expected - about 4-5 hours and it took me ages to get to bed.

Last edited:
auroraB said:
I've been on duromine before, a decade ago and was very successful. I lost about 15-20kg over a period of 6 months coupled with exercising x5 a week and eating well (foods cooked without oil, no treats etc)

I managed to keep the weight off for at least 6 years and a depressive episode is the reason the weight climbed back on. I'm really looking forward to my journey this time around. I'll be posting everyday - hopefully for the first 30 days.

Prescribed with 30gm metermine (the pharmacy sold out of the non-generic duromine). Will start tomorrow.

Measurements
Weight: 83kg
Height: 1.58m
Waist: 92cm

Anyone else at the start of the journey? :) I'd love to share notes.
Hi Aurora!

Wow! I love that this has worked so well for you in the past! I started duromine for 9 days then fell sick with the flu, so I stopped for a week. Back on it as of this morning and thankfully didn't gain any weight in that week off. Good luck this time around! I am very much looking forward to sharing the journey with you :) There are some absolutely wonderful supportive and fun people on this forum, and it's been so great talking to others :)

Reactions: auroraB
Bam Bam said:
Hi Aurora!

Wow! I love that this has worked so well for you in the past! I started duromine for 9 days then fell sick with the flu, so I stopped for a week. Back on it as of this morning and thankfully didn't gain any weight in that week off. Good luck this time around! I am very much looking forward to sharing the journey with you :) There are some absolutely wonderful supportive and fun people on this forum, and it's been so great talking to others :)

Thanks for the welcome! :) Definitely looking forward to see how everyone else is going too!

Reactions: Bam Bam
DAY TWO

Sleep: went to bed later than usual and this time, I didn't really have issues falling asleep. I woke up twice briefly but that's normal for me in general.

Food: had an apple and skinny latte for breakfast, struggled through lunch with a friend - two wings and a bean salad and two bites of mushroom bolognese spaghetti for dinner. Drank lots of water (2l)
(i know it's definitely not enough food! but I think I'm beginning to come down with a cold)

Mood:
not much change - i'm generally quite upbeat.

Weight: Starting weight: 83kg, Unofficial Current Weight: 80.6kg on Day 3
I'll unofficially weigh in everyday, I feel this keeps me accountable. I don't fuss too much because I know there can be such a fluctuation from day to day for my body. I'll only count the weekly weigh in weight though.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm about to start the duromine journey come Monday .
I first tried it about 19 years ago when they were easier to get and everyone seemed to be taking them.

I had lost 40 kilos doing The Dukan Diet and going to the gym but had a knee op last year and sadly started eating crap again!! And have gained 20 kilos back!! Yeah it crept up on me and I didn't see it coming.
I tried Dukan again and really can't stomach that much meat and protein anymore so thought as a last resort try Duromine again!
So come Monday its time to be good.
Years ago when I took Duromine I blacked out and cut my hands open on a glass jar (still have the lovely scars) and that put me off staying on it BUT I was only about 16 so probably didn't know any better and just took them , no food etc and done that to myself.
Here's to a new , older and hopefully less silly me

Not sure I want to get to the 20 kilos less now as it looked horrible on me and when I look at some of last years photos I looked anorexic even though I was above BMI . So would love to start with ten kilos then maybe another 5 and go from there, I'm a tall solid girl and skinny really looks horrible in me and people told me So

I live in Sydney originally from NZ
Good luck to you all that are starting or going through this journey with Duromine xxx

Hey, Vix :)
Good luck you too!!
This time you should include a completely different meal plan to your daily routine. Small meals, 4-6 times a day, including meat, veggies, greens, fruit, nuts, eggs and plently of water. Since you have a good history of exercising, I am calm - you can do everything right! ;):cool:
So I wish you to succeed from all my heart. Don't give up if you feel like things don't go like you expected, because it takes time.