wantobefit said:
I totaly understand, whrn I was working full time I was a zombie

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? If you have an underactive thryoid it can make you extremely fatigued and also make you gain weight etc.

Also I think working out will help you a great deal in toning up and making sure you don't get lose skin if you lose weight. I am following the kayla itsines workout program. I am more than happy to email it to you if you like. I do all my workouts at home and it only takes 30 minutes but it will tone you up heaps.
Hi

Louise70 said:
MissTee said:
Hi I'm Tee from SA, I'm happy to say I'm now in the 80's. My SW was 92kg, after by day 4 I was 89.9kg, so happy. I'll weight again on Saturday, I'll update you. I don't exercise as much as I should because it's still my first weak and the side effect are quite bad but I'm determined to continue. I'm sleeping better now, I think my body is getting used to the D.

Keep going ladies, we can do this.

Wow that's great, I start my pack tomorrow, just reading the results of ppl on here, hope it works for me :)

I have experienced the same side effects of a dry mouth along with feeling nausea as i have been forgetting to eat some days. Some mornings i get up and am starving to death.
I am not sure how much i have lost as every scale i have stood on gives me a different reading. I have been on duromine for 16 days. Fingers crossed

Hi Everyone:

For the 2nd time I have a Duromine script. Last time I didn't get it filled and it eventually expired. This time I went straight from the Dr's to the chemist, so I wouldn't chicken out!

See, I have a huge amount of weight to lose. I weigh around 130 kg (178 cm tall) and have all but given up on life. I am a 51 yo female.

I have zero to no energy and motivation. My body aches and I have chronic back and other physical problems. My progress with exercise is slow: I need to have a lot of physio in order to move. I know I need exercise to get stronger and lose weight, but there are so many times - like now - when I simply feel trapped in my body and trapped in a vicious cycle of food addiction and poor physical movement. The less I move and the more my weight grows, the more depressed I get and the less I want to see anyone or leave the house. This is no way to live. I feel old before my time. My 80 something yo mother has more energy. I feel I am limiting my long suffering husband to a live of limited travel and adventure due to my complete lack of energy, fitness and stamina.

I know Duromine won't be a magical cure for all that ails me, but I am hoping for a kick start. I am currently trapped in a cycle of destructive eating patterns that I seem unable to defeat. I've tried therapy, hypnosis and acupuncture. Less reliance on food and more energy is what I am hoping for from Duromine. If I have those two things for just a while, I may stand a chance.

Last time my weight was stable, I weighed around 100kg. I looked remarkably different. I felt incredibly better than I do now and that was just a few years ago. A few dramatic life events later and my weight has risen along with my anxiety levels and depression.

I have a dream of living on healthy whole foods and of giving up refined sugar and dairy. I want to be nourished by what I consume, not driven to low moods, allergies and headaches by eating processed foods of little nutritional value.

Taking medication for weight loss is at odds with my views on living a healthy life, but I have struggled to find any way to get my brain on board with this. I think I need the chemicals of Duromine to make healthy living possible. Sure, I am nervous about the risks: I am prone to depression and headaches. My Dr has told me to cease taking them if I feel a change in my mood....and yes, he told me all the scary stuff about heart palpitations and all. I just hope I can cope with the drug. There have been various meds over the years I have been unable to tolerate. I'd even hate to waste the $$$ of purchasing my first month's worth.

The Dr says 3 months of scripts is all that is possible. He has prescribed 30 days of 30 mg in the first instance. There were no discussions of weigh ins or goal weights. Maybe he thinks I am too far gone?

Thursday 17/12/15 will be my first day. Please wish me luck!

Oh, I'd love to hear any success stories of people who had given up and thought they were destined to live a short miserable life as an obese person!

I am in Victoria, Australia.

L x

Hi Lj3

I wish you all the luck in the world as you start your weight loss journey. I am 52 and l started duromine this year and lost 15kgs in 3 months and have found that you really have to be determined,focused and have the right mindset to lose weight especially as you get older because our metabolism slows down so we can't eat as much as we used too and we have to exercise which at the moment l can't be bothered doing either. l have found l don't have as much energy as l used to as well. When l was younger l could eat hardly anything and be on the move all day and l was fine, but there is no way now.

I've started taking vitamin b6 and b12 for extra energy plus the normal multi vitamins.

So l too have to snap out of it and get back in the right mindset. Its really easy and fun putting the weight on but very hard and not fun taking it off.

Try the My Fitness Pal app it is really excellent it helps you count every calorie you put in your mouth, keeps track of your progress and goals. I found that it helped to lose more weight when l stopped losing weight (meaning when l started to plateau) because you don't realise how many calories are in the foods your eating. This app has every food you could imagine including takeaway food it also has some good advice to lose weight including recipes. It has the amounts of carbohydrates, sugar, salt, protein etc and all the nutrional value of everything you eat

Also drinking lots of water helps, V8 juice, cup of vegetable soup, tea or coffee. A really ice cold drink such as water with ice is helpful to stop feeling hungry.

I try to limit my calories from 1000 to 1200 a day because l am pretty short 158cm.

Regarding duromine l think it is fantastic as it will give you the jump start that you need to get your body used to smaller amounts of food and getting used to eating the right foods, make sure you eat healthy foods when on duromine otherwise you are just wasting your money if you are going to continue to eat the wrong food and duromine is too expensive to waste not making good use of it.

Also problems in your life can make you eat, which is emotional eating and that is the hardest to stop yourself from doing.

The more weight l put on the more problems l have with my back as well but as l lose weight the less my back aches so it makes sense to keep your weight at a healthy level.

Good luck, stay positive, your life is not over it is just starting, soon you will be a new person:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lj3

How are you today? Did you start taking Duromine today?

I have been thinking about you and hoping the Duromine is having a positive effect on you.

bella100 said:
Hi Lj3

How are you today? Did you start taking Duromine today?

I have been thinking about you and hoping the Duromine is having a positive effect on you.

Hi Bella!

Thanks so much for not only taking the time to post a reply to my intro, but also for checking up on me today! That's really lovely of you!

So yes, I am now on Day 1. Of course, I would start this a week before Christmas and just as it gets stinky hot here. Not sure where you are, but it is 35 C here today and I had to go brave the Xmas crowds at the shops.

I was kind of organised: I made sure I have been drinking water non-stop to help counteract of the effects of the heat and the Duromine. So far, so good!

Bella, you did 3 months on these meds & lost 15kg - which is great - do you still have weight to lose?

I will be sure to eat regularly and healthily. I want and need this to work. The exercise will follow. I am currently building that up again after an extended time of interruption due to back problems.

I want to read through more of this forum. I'd love to find success stories of people such as myself who have a LOT of weight to lose.

Thanks again!

L x

Hi L

You sound very positive today compared to yesterday and that is fantastic. You even went shopping at this busy time and with people everywhere. You left the house and you made sure you had everything you needed mainly water which is excellent. I can already tell you are really determined to succeed.

I think that is fine to lose some weight before you start exercising, l did that as well it makes it a lot easier. You will know when you are ready to start exercising.

I still need to lose 15kg and l am determined to succeed as well. It is really hot here too tomorrow is going to be 40, Saturday 42, Sunday 40.

Hey forumites,

I am 48, pretty healthy except I've been obese my whole adult life. I've played competition sport for a lot of it, and now I'm a bit older, I am trying to get my shit together.

I've tried gyms, personal trainers who make me feel like crap, and dieting but I just can't shift it.

I looked on craigslist to try and find something there, and got taken for heaps with a moneygram rort.

So I've turned here for advice and support, hoping to get myself sorted.

I'm 178 and 109kg, bmi 35, but muscles aplenty in arms, chest, and legs (courtesy of all the stupid gym and PT). My middle section is atrocious and I just can't live with it any more.

I just have to fix it.
If anyone can point me in the direction of an online prescription/dr service or online supplier or someone who want to sell some duromine that they're finished with I would be so grateful.

Welcome :) and good on you for wanting to get healthy and no longer be in that obese category. This forum is excellent for support and ideas!

I may be stating the obvious here, but why are you looking for it online??? You said you have a BMI of 35 and have been obese all your adult life, why don't you go to a doctor and ask for a prescription? That way you know that it's right for you and you don't have any underlying conditions/medications that may make taking Duromine dangerous for you.

Better to be safe than sorry right??

IWantToBeHappy said:
Welcome :) and good on you for wanting to get healthy and no longer be in that obese category. This forum is excellent for support and ideas!

I may be stating the obvious here, but why are you looking for it online??? You said you have a BMI of 35 and have been obese all your adult life, why don't you go to a doctor and ask for a prescription? That way you know that it's right for you and you don't have any underlying conditions/medications that may make taking Duromine dangerous for you.

Better to be safe than sorry right??

Yep fair enough question. I just can't face another battle with another doctor to try to put my case, battling the 'exercise more and watch what you eat' line. I want to fix it and I want to fix it this way.

Good luck in your search and I wish you all the best :)

Hi Everyone.

Im a 29 year old male from New Zealand.
im currently 112kgs and my doctor has prescribed me Duromine to help me loose weight as I have been having a lot of issues with it. I have picked up my pills but am currently on night shift this week and waiting to have my days off before I start, as im worried if I take them at night before I come to work I might not be able to sleep during the day :)

any advice or tips would be great :) can wait to read through here and get good experience advice and see all the stories everyone has shared.

Thanks,
Shaun.

Reactions: Nickynoo
Hi, Shaun
Welcome to the family ;) not so many "brothers" we have here.
You are right about night sifts and Duromine intake. However, if you work only night shifts then I guess it is ok to take the pill at night and then sleep during the day...Still, I am no doctor and can't really tell. I wish you all the best and hope you will enjoy your weight loss without side effects. Good luck!

Reactions: Shaun Riwhi
Goodluck and welcome :) This Forum has helped me so much and I hope it does the same for you :)

I've been on Duromine 3 months now and have lost 15kgs so I've accumulated afew hints and tips that I believe has worked for me that I can share with you.

1. Calorie Count EVERYTHING!!! It's unbelieveable the things you think are healthy are actually full of calories.

2. Don't skip meals, even if your not hungry. Use Duromine as a means to create healthy eating habits so you can keep the weight off once you stop Duromine.

3. Drink plenty of water. Like heaps!!! Helps with headaches (which happen due to cutting certain foods out of your diet kind of like detox) and have a glass of water before EVERY meal. This helps kick start your organs and also can assit in making you feel a bit 'fuller'

4. Cut out soft drink completely!!! Not only is it complete rubbish for you, it can make you bloat, crave sugar, salt and food. I was a complete diet coke addict. Serious diet coke problem! And I havent had a single drop of soft drink for 3 months and have noticed how much sweater other things taste.

5. Cut out booze or seriously reduce it!!! No diet plan EVER says alcohol will help with weight loss. If your serious about lossing weight you need to be serious about changes as well. I was a glass or two of wine every night kind of girl but losing weight is more important. It's about what you want more and a personal choice.

6. Don't make excuses to yourself!!! At the end of the day you get to choose what you eat and it's completely up to you. The pride you feel in being strong and saying NO to crap food can be as powerful for you as a sense of accomplishment as seeing a drop in the scales!! Promise :)

7. Don't compare yourself to others. This is your journey and no one elses. Everyone is different and we only have one body and one life so do it for you and YOU will benefit from your hard work.

8. Update your weight in this forum every week no matter what the scales say. It gives you a sense of accountablity in a way and can also help you keep on track.

9. Research, research, research!!! Understand why certain foods are bad. Understand why your body needs certain foods. Understand nutrients and vitamins and how your body reacts to them. Which foods fuel you for longer and which foods are just empty crap. Listen to peoples suggests and hints, but ultimately decide for yourself because you are the one who will have to continue this long into the future. I used to say I didn't have time for all of that, but somehow I would still find the time to pop to the local shops to buy junk food o_O That is in the past now. ;)

10. Stay strong. Stay Focused. And ALWAYS Keep going!!!!!

:cool::p:laughing:;):)

Last edited:
Welcome Shaun

Goodluck to your journey.
This is my 2nd time taking duromine and I managed to keep off the weight after stopping for 2 weeks now.
Appetite came back and my supposed cheat day just turned into a cheat week.
Gained 1kg back on and looks like its time to pop back the pill.

Hope to hear more of your journey.

Goodluck buddy

Kate said:
Hi, Shaun
Welcome to the family ;) not so many "brothers" we have here.
You are right about night sifts and Duromine intake. However, if you work only night shifts then I guess it is ok to take the pill at night and then sleep during the day...Still, I am no doctor and can't really tell. I wish you all the best and hope you will enjoy your weight loss without side effects. Good luck!
Thanks Kate, a brother from another mother, here for the journey.
I am on my second day now, i had my first sleep on duromine yesterday and didn't get much sleep but it hasn't seemed to have bothered me, usually my body cant stand no having enough sleep before a night shift, lets see how todays sleep goes, other than sleep no big side effects :) :) Good luck to you too! :)

IWantToBeHappy said:
Goodluck and welcome :) This Forum has helped me so much and I hope it does the same for you :)

I've been on Duromine 3 months now and have lost 15kgs so I've accumulated afew hints and tips that I believe has worked for me that I can share with you.

1. Calorie Count EVERYTHING!!! It's unbelieveable the things you think are healthy are actually full of calories.

2. Don't skip meals, even if your not hungry. Use Duromine as a means to create healthy eating habits so you can keep the weight off once you stop Duromine.

3. Drink plenty of water. Like heaps!!! Helps with headaches (which happen due to cutting certain foods out of your diet kind of like detox) and have a glass of water before EVERY meal. This helps kick start your organs and also can assit in making you feel a bit 'fuller'

4. Cut out soft drink completely!!! Not only is it complete rubbish for you, it can make you bloat, crave sugar, salt and food. I was a complete diet coke addict. Serious diet coke problem! And I havent had a single drop of soft drink for 3 months and have noticed how much sweater other things taste.

5. Cut out booze or seriously reduce it!!! No diet plan EVER says alcohol will help with weight loss. If your serious about lossing weight you need to be serious about changes as well. I was a glass or two of wine every night kind of girl but losing weight is more important. It's about what you want more and a personal choice.

6. Don't make excuses to yourself!!! At the end of the day you get to choose what you eat and it's completely up to you. The pride you feel in being strong and saying NO to crap food can be as powerful for you as a sense of accomplishment as seeing a drop in the scales!! Promise :)

7. Don't compare yourself to others. This is your journey and no one elses. Everyone is different and we only have one body and one life so do it for you and YOU will benefit from your hard work.

8. Update your weight in this forum every week no matter what the scales say. It gives you a sense of accountablity in a way and can also help you keep on track.

9. Research, research, research!!! Understand why certain foods are bad. Understand why your body needs certain foods. Understand nutrients and vitamins and how your body reacts to them. Which foods fuel you for longer and which foods are just empty crap. Listen to peoples suggests and hints, but ultimately decide for yourself because you are the one who will have to continue this long into the future. I used to say I didn't have time for all of that, but somehow I would still find the time to pop to the local shops to buy junk food o_O That is in the past now. ;)

IWantToBeHappy said:

:cool::p:laughing:;):)

Thanks for the HUGE TIPS!! So Helpful!
on my third day today i know what you mean about making sure i have every meal even if im not hungry, its only day 3 and my hunger hasn't been vast, although I can eat and not feel full and keep eating so, im controlling my portions (hard when you go to inlaws for dinner haha) during the night i have had an apple and a orange and some nuts. im done a food shop today to get all my healthy goodies, fridge is packed!

im defiantly on this journey for some changes before my 30th, i want to lead a healthy lifestyle so taking this opportunity to change it.
im with you on the wine too! its been a week since ive had any, my goal is to give it up and only have it on occasion, im definatly the glass of red or more a night kinda person too haha!!

Researching has been my biggest think so far, making sure I can get all the advise and knowledge of doing this right, all my problems were intense dieting for a couple of weeks and stopping and gaining twice as more than I lost. I almost felt I could never win as battling hunger pains and cravings, some of my buddies say to harden up or stop being soft (typical male) LOL.. just didn't have the will power to overcome food around me or gave in due to cravings.

Comparing myself to others, ive seen so many people loose a heap of weight in a short amount of time, when I first was reading into duromine I was like... amazing, wow look how much I can loose in 2 weeks, but have read on and realise we are all different and to be realistic to myself and take it in my stride.

Updating weekly this will be a challenge to begin with haha I weight myself this afternoon and am down 2 kilos! Jump for joy! :)

Thanks for the great help "IWantToBeHappy" this forum is lucky to have ppl like yourself to give great advise, big motivator.

Shaun.:):laughing:o_O:p

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy