Your journey is no different to anyone else's , your here to loose weight slowly & have a healthier appetite, so I would hope no one would judge you or anyone else for trying to be healthier ;)

Friday which means weigh day
I was happy to see the number 65.2kg which is a loss of 1.1kg since last week. Haven't been this light since February (where my New Years resolution was going great then went downhill after Feb) Now I just need to keep it up and I know I'll be able to see the number 64 on the scales next week :) almost halfway to my goal. Considering I ate horribly for 2 days I'm so happy. I really worked hard Tuesday to Friday so it just shows what can be done and imagine the results if I just stuck too it!
I booked myself in for a DEXA body scan. Where it will tell me my body fat percentage, bone density, muscle percentage and my metabolic rate (how much I burn just breathing). I wish I did it a few weeks ago before starting my journey but this will be a good way to see progress every few months with my body fat. And interesting to see how many calories I burn by just living because there's so many calculators out there and I don't know what one to believe. So that scan is next Tuesday so I won't take duromine until that day (after the scan) or on Wednesday morning because I don't want duromine to affect my results.
Slept okay and bounced out of bed at 6 today. Had breakky then went to the gym where I just had no energy so I left after 30mins.
When I got back from the gym I just wanted to eat everything. Usually this would be where I binge but I'm so happy I didn't. I ended up eating my breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack ALL by 8:50am... Leaving me with my two protein shakes and vegetables left for the day. But I actually stuck to it and just sipped on water and went for a hour walk because I had nothing else to do before work and knew if i didn't I'd end up eating something else. I had really bad cravings so I hope I don't get that on the weekend while I'm off duromine but I'm glad I still stuck to my meals for the day, even if I did eat most of them by almost 9am in the morning LOL.
After my walk to hunger passed and I got ready for work and it was time for my lunch protein shake and I wasn't even hungry but still had it because I knew it'd be 5 hours til I could eat again.
I've already packed my meals in little snap lock bags for the weekend except for Sunday dinner so that should help.

Hello again you all:)
Been so busy with work, traveling all over. I was worried that with that I would fall into bad habits but the Duromine is working so great! Even with not much exercise (actually none besides running around like crazy) and not eating too healthy I lost 12 kg since I started in July.
I am SO SO HAPPY:laughing::laughing::laughing:
How are ye all doing?

Sammy Tourel said:
Hello again you all:)
Been so busy with work, traveling all over. I was worried that with that I would fall into bad habits but the Duromine is working so great! Even with not much exercise (actually none besides running around like crazy) and not eating too healthy I lost 12 kg since I started in July.
I am SO SO HAPPY:laughing::laughing::laughing:
How are ye all doing?
Awesome effort!
I'm down 3.2kgs in 5 weeks..
Before i started I was hoping for 6kgs In 4 weeks or 16kgs in the 3 months but that was too ambitious..
Now maybe aiming at 10-12kgs

Hello everyone
my name is brenda im 27 and weighing in at 83kg at 167cm tall im a busy mum of 2 children under 3 my doctor has just put me on 15mg of duromine this is my first time on them some tips would be greatly appreciated

Hi :) You will be fine. Duromine has zero side effects for me, im pretty much the same stats as you minus any kids, my weight was 82.7kg wheni started, so a bmi of 29, and i was on 15mg for a week. Now im on 30mg and im on my 6th tablet. I currently weigh 78kg ;) Stuff works. Biggest thing/challenge is remember to still eat, espically if your a busy person or work. If you dont you will do damage in the long run. Also try to be more active and totally cut all the crap out of your diet. You got this hun ;) Remember im the same height and age. :) My goal is 65kg.

Daharkazangel said:
Hi :) You will be fine. Duromine has zero side effects for me, im pretty much the same stats as you minus any kids, my weight was 82.7kg wheni started, so a bmi of 29, and i was on 15mg for a week. Now im on 30mg and im on my 6th tablet. I currently weigh 78kg ;) Stuff works. Biggest thing/challenge is remember to still eat, espically if your a busy person or work. If you dont you will do damage in the long run. Also try to be more active and totally cut all the crap out of your diet. You got this hun ;) Remember im the same height and age. :) My goal is 65kg.

Wow thats great progress!! thanks for the advice im trying to just have a small healthy snack every couple of hours so then i dont stack the weight back on as soon as i come off it 65kg is my goal also we can do this!!

Just found this forum have had duromine before and lost bout 30kgs that was over 10 years ago am off to drs today to try get some more as am up to 126.9 was 135.1 21/10/16. I got a Fitbit and been eating healthy but have struggled with my weight most my life so far and is harder to lose weight cause of my pcos

Reactions: Brenda1342
Welcome to the family Brenda! :cool::laughing::)

My first tips: take a pill early in the morning with a glass of water, cook your own meals (healthy -> veggies, low fat meat, eggs, nuts, fruit), avoid fast food, drink more water, walk in the fresh air, and try doing little exercise, at least at home with Youtube. The more you move the more calories you lose. Simple math. Good luck!

P.S.: Oh and try 'MyFitness pal' It really helps. I used it and recommend it.

Reactions: Brenda1342
Th
Kate said:
Welcome to the family Brenda! :cool::laughing::)

My first tips: take a pill early in the morning with a glass of water, cook your own meals (healthy -> veggies, low fat meat, eggs, nuts, fruit), avoid fast food, drink more water, walk in the fresh air, and try doing little exercise, at least at home with Youtube. The more you move the more calories you lose. Simple math. Good luck!

P.S.: Oh and try 'MyFitness pal' It really helps. I used it and recommend it.
Thankyou so much kate
I have now started to cut out sugar and choosing healthy snacks and im about to start my exercise dvd today looking forward to seeing a change :laughing:

Hi all,

My name is justin, ive just been prescribex 30Mg Duramine. first tab starts tomorrow

Im 26 180cm tall and 105.6kg

SW 105.6
GW 85KG

Hi Justin.
Your journey will be interesting. I only have three weeks to go and have lost nearly 20 kg.. But I am only just over half way.
Important to remember that the D is not a magic bullet. You have to be committed to changing your life with healthy food options and excersise. What the pills will do is help you with hunger issues and you may not get that really hungry feeling that you have just got to eat the nearest thing to you,usualy crap.
When you do eat try to make it important and take your time. The pills will help with you feeling fuller quicker.
So to get the nutrients you require eat good food. I try to have protein at every meal and as my problem is bad carbs I am able to steer clear of to much bread rice potatoes ect.
You will probably get the usual side effects, dry mouth, drink lots of water, sleeping problems, you will probably learn to survive on less sleep, I think this comes from increased energy reserves however I haven,the noticed this in myself. But I can work all day and excersise in gym fairly hard that would have wo4n me out before.
Anyway good luck and stick with it and you can have success. Ask me for any other advice that you need as there aren't many males on this site I may be able to help
Cheers Steve

Reactions: Burgzz
Hello, Justin! Nice to meet you:)

I wish good luck in your upcoming weight loss journey! It requires a lot of patience and will power, but it's a great start of new life I am sure you are excited. Please keep us informed and feel free to ask anything that may help you. Hugs!

Reactions: Burgzz
Stephen4 said:
Hi Justin.
Your journey will be interesting. I only have three weeks to go and have lost nearly 20 kg.. But I am only just over half way.
Important to remember that the D is not a magic bullet. You have to be committed to changing your life with healthy food options and excersise. What the pills will do is help you with hunger issues and you may not get that really hungry feeling that you have just got to eat the nearest thing to you,usualy crap.
When you do eat try to make it important and take your time. The pills will help with you feeling fuller quicker.
So to get the nutrients you require eat good food. I try to have protein at every meal and as my problem is bad carbs I am able to steer clear of to much bread rice potatoes ect.
You will probably get the usual side effects, dry mouth, drink lots of water, sleeping problems, you will probably learn to survive on less sleep, I think this comes from increased energy reserves however I haven,the noticed this in myself. But I can work all day and excersise in gym fairly hard that would have wo4n me out before.
Anyway good luck and stick with it and you can have success. Ask me for any other advice that you need as there aren't many males on this site I may be able to help
Cheers Steve

Thanks steve, my problem is with portion sizes and bad carbs also. pasta and rice are my weakness.!

I think the duromine will do wonders for me as im typically an activeish person, not sitting down alot apart from for work.

Thanks for the advice and great job on your journey so far, inspirational! :)

Hi everyone, I am balling my eyes out and hoping you can help. I just got the courage to weigh myself and I am on 87kgs. This is heavier than when I was pregnant! I have never been this heavy in my life :(

I am a single mother with two children, my youngest is three. I was 57kgs when I fell pregnant and my goal weight is 60kgs.

Has anyone lost this much weight with duromine? Can it happen? I am so depressed... I have so far to go.

Well I started earlier in the week and my son saw my weight when the doctor weighed me and he said I have lost 2kgs in 4 days... so I guess that's a start.. but I feel so far away from the end goal.

I really hope I can find some encouragement on here and support, it's a long road ahead.

I can't workout right now because the kids are on school holiday. Has anyone used duromine to fast and shed fast kg's? I was going to do a low carb protein shake for a week because I am not hungry.

My goal is to lose 5kgs this week to be down to 84kgs. If I match that next week, I will be out of the 80's. I just can't wait to get there.

Hi, Babyphat! :)

I can tell you for sure - I have, I've lost a lot more weight than you need to ;) And that's with Duromine and my diet. So, everything is possible, you just need patience. As for low carb protein shakes - you can try, but you still need to eat normal food even if you're not hungry. When you stop taking the pills what will you do? You will start eating like normally, and that's when you end up gaining weight back again because your body will be shocked. So, my point is to keep eating properly (small, tiny meals 4-5 times a day, OK at least 3 times a day - veggies, boiled, grilled meat, nuts, fruit something very simple), so that your body can get used to it and it will be easier to continue this type of diet after Duromine. It is very important, trust my long term experience:cool:

Speaking of exercises. I hear that a lot from people - I can't exercise right now. And then goes something like "my knees hurt", "have no time", "no money for gym", etc. etc...kinda excuses. But in reality, all you need is just begin moving your body more than you used to. Like for example, walking outside for longer 30-45 minutes, instead of 20. Riding a bicycle instead of car to the store, friends' place, etc. Or even take some spare minutes at home with Youtube videos (there are lots of great programs for beginners and simply yoga, stretching exercises, whatever you like on Youtube), when your kids are busy playing or elsewhere. 20 minutes a day is not much even for a busy mom, I know I have two grownups)) The point is to burn calories, so that your body can use the excess weight for the energy and hence lose it faster.

By the way, I used Myfitnesspal to measure my calories when I was just too busy to make notes. I know everyone is talking about it, but it works. You record there every single meal you ate, then miles, km you walked or exercises you did and the program calculates your progress and shows how much more you need to eat or not to, and how much more physical activity you need to add to achieve the goal weight you had programmed yourself. After a months or two, you can get used to this regimen and don't need this app anymore, but it helps at the beginning to stay on track. I hope I make sense))) Please don't take offence on me, sometimes I am harsh, but this way I only tell what's really important.

All you need is a will power and patience, because weight loss is a slow process. At the beginning your weight loss is kinda fast, after a while it slows down, so you should be ready to expect that. It is normal. I'm saying that because many users write after a month or so that they are not losing as fast as the others. But you should not watch at the results of other people. Because we are different and our bodies are different. Just keep in mind that you can and you WILL lose weight successfully. Our mind power is great, it does half of work itself))) Good luck, I hope some of my tips were helpful. :)

Thanks so much Kate, that's really great advice.

I am going to start a thread for week by week stats.

You are welcome) Just please check out your pulse on the thread carefully. Take a slow start and increase it day by day. It musn't be a torture! We need you healthy;)

Hi everyone,

I am starting on 30mg of duromine tomorrow and am hoping to lose about 5-8kgs on it.

My story;
I am not really what people would class as overweight but have been prescribed duromine to help kickstart my weightloss.

3 years ago I had the mirena IUD and in 3 months gained 7kgs, I had it taken straight out as it affected my moods as well.

For the last 6 years I have worked out 3-6 days a week and my diet has always been pretty good with the exception of treats here and there. I was maintaining my weight perfectly and was fit and toned but after that weight gain nothing I did would have me lose weight, the most I could lose was 2 kgs and that was when I ate 800 calories without taking the calories I burned during exercise off.

This lead me to finally (after 2.5 years of working my ass off) last week go and see the Dr to be tested for thyroid or hormone problems. These all came back ok so he suggested duromine. I had never considered it and to be honest I really didn't want to take it, but he explained that a month on it may help me lose the weight then I can keep maintaining as I used to. I am starting to feel defeated over this impossible weight to shift so took his advice.

I am less focused on the number on the scale and more about how my body looks and I feel.

I am 163cm
My starting weight is 66.5kg
My goal weight is 58 (my usual maintaining weight)
My ultimate goal is 55kg (pre kids)

Reactions: Dee2017
Hi, Mrs-B, you came to the right place and hopefully you will achieve the desired result soon. Wish you all the best on your way and please feel comfortable to ask any questions. Good luck on your journey and stay strong!;)

Reactions: Dee2017